PDA

View Full Version : Daryl Horgan

FifeHibs
11-08-2018, 08:28 AM
On twitter
Pete O'Rourke
@SportsPeteO
Hibernian are poised to sign long-term target Daryl Horgan from Preston. #Hibs #pnefc

Nevi_SOL
11-08-2018, 08:31 AM
Probably linked with barker going there

EricStoner
11-08-2018, 08:33 AM
With Agyepong already here?😨

Dibben
11-08-2018, 08:37 AM
Hibs have just tweeted ‘/who’s ready for a Saturday signing...’

Could be him then!!

CapitalGreen
11-08-2018, 08:37 AM
With Agyepong already here?😨

squad depth

Ryan69
11-08-2018, 08:40 AM
Certainly hope its perm

FifeHibs
11-08-2018, 08:42 AM
https://amp.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/08/11/por-prestons-horgan-agrees-hibs-move/?__twitter_impression=true

we are hibs
11-08-2018, 08:45 AM
squad depth

I'm sure I read he can play in behind the striker too

My_Wife_Camille
11-08-2018, 08:46 AM
Certainly hope its perm
3 years

Billy Whizz
11-08-2018, 08:47 AM
3 years

That a big intent. Well done Hibs

hfc rd
11-08-2018, 08:49 AM
My cousin from Preston is gutted to see him go. Could be a good player for us

Lancs Harp
11-08-2018, 08:51 AM
Would be a very interesting signing. He was all the rage a couple of seasons ago in Ireland and a lot of English clubs were taking a an interest. He signed for Preston but its fair to say that things haven't quite worked out for him there. Strikes me as the sort of player NL will be able to get the best out of and he could become a considerable asset.

blackpoolhibs
11-08-2018, 08:51 AM
I don't know much about the lad, but Lennon has wanted him for quite a while.

Its nice to see the club being patient and bringing in players they have scouted and been after, rather than panic and sign there 2nd 3rd or 4th choices, just to bring them in early to keep some folk from happy.

Ozyhibby
11-08-2018, 08:52 AM
Definite show of intent from Hibs. He is very highly rated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
11-08-2018, 08:53 AM
I don't know much about the lad, but Lennon has wanted him for quite a while.

Its nice to see the club being patient and bringing in players they have scouted and been after, rather than panic and sign there 2nd 3rd or 4th choices, just to bring them in early to keep some folk from happy.

:tee hee::fishin:

Yep hopefully the guy has something to prove and hits the ground running.

Hibee Mac
11-08-2018, 08:54 AM
Only one highlights video on YouTube, what am I meant to do???

blackpoolhibs
11-08-2018, 09:01 AM
:tee hee::fishin:

Yep hopefully the guy has something to prove and hits the ground running.

Yip hopefully, as i said i have no knowledge of the guy other than what youtube links people put up on here a while back, but if Lennon has wanted him for this long its got to be better than any old random who's been picked up in a panic.

A decent central midfielder now, who can put a tackle in and move the ball quickly would be nice next. :greengrin

Diclonius
11-08-2018, 09:01 AM
Aww yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Hannah_hfc
11-08-2018, 09:02 AM
Just announced on twitter now, 3 year deal [emoji1316]

Souter96Mac
11-08-2018, 09:03 AM
Starting to flex some muscle in the transfer window now. From what I've heard and seen, albeit on YouTube, he seems like another good signing. Hope he's available for tomorrow!

Hiber-nation
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9071

HibbyAndy
Just announced on twitter now, 3 year deal [emoji1316]

Fantastic :aok:

mayo hibee
Great signing. Apparently we were about to sign him on loan a few weeks ago but we put our interest on hold for some reason, possibly because we wanted to wait and see if Barker might come back. Even better now if it is a permanent deal though.

Edit: Yes - three year deal. Great bit of work to get him in and young enough that he could well bring in a decent transfer fee in the future.

Northernhibee
11-08-2018, 09:06 AM
Fantastic facial hair.

Jones28
11-08-2018, 09:07 AM
Great signing. Apparently we were about to sign him on loan a few weeks ago but we put our interest on hold for some reason, possibly because we wanted to wait and see if Barker might come back. Even better now if it is a permanent deal though.

Edit: Yes - three year deal. Great bit of work to get him in and young enough that he could well bring in a decent transfer fee in the future.

Possibly just held off to see what fee could be found for McGinn?

Sir David Gray
11-08-2018, 09:07 AM
I don't know anything about him apart from the fact we've been linked with him practically all summer.

I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do although with Boyle, Agyepong and now Horgan all coming in as wide players I wonder where they'll all fit in.

Calvin
11-08-2018, 09:09 AM
I went to about 8 Preston games this year, and this is a terrific signing. A bit of a streaky player - did better when he was in the starting XI for multiple matches; and unfortunately probably wasn’t good enough to be a starter for a team looking for promotion to the premier league, but I think he’ll be great for us. My Preston mates seem disappointed to lose a decent squad player but also happy as 2 years ago he probably would have been a good player for PNE so it seems like progress for them.

mayo hibee
11-08-2018, 09:09 AM
Possibly just held off to see what fee could be found for McGinn?

Possibly - good that we're already investing a little bit of the McGinn fee in a transfer. Undisclosed fee again but I would expect probably a similar fee to what we paid for Mallan and Kamberi.

SirDavidsNapper
11-08-2018, 09:11 AM
Wow wasn't expecting that this morning! Cracking signing

Cat Stanton
11-08-2018, 09:12 AM
My cousin from Preston is gutted to see him go. Could be a good player for us

Mixed views on Preston fans forum so far:
http://www.pne-online.net/forum/showthread.php?106913-Daryl-Horgan&

The Spaceman
11-08-2018, 09:12 AM
Brilliant signing and on another 3 year deal...we are building really strong foundations at the moment for future seasons.

Now just need a solid but mobile CM (Kamara or Mulumbu) plus Scott Allan and we are definitely good to go :thumbsup:

Lancs Harp
11-08-2018, 09:13 AM
I don't know anything about him apart from the fact we've been linked with him practically all summer.

I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do although with Boyle, Agyepong and now Horgan all coming in as wide players I wonder where they'll all fit in.

At the same time they probably wont. More and more the modern game is about a squad of players not just 1 to 11. To stay competitive in cup competitions which is realistically where we are going to achieve success, Europe and achieve a highest league position we can we'll need to be flexible and be able to change players and tactics on a regular basis.

Nicho87
11-08-2018, 09:16 AM
I know Lennon said he was after the other wide player even with Agyepong, as well as a central midfielder.

If Hibs could get Allan that would be genius.

MyJo
11-08-2018, 09:21 AM

The majority of games we play this season won't require a 5 man defence like we have been playing in the European games.

I would imagine we will switch to a back 4 and play 2 or 3 up front with Kamberi & MacLaren with support from Boyle, Tam and Horgan on the wings rather than having Stevenson and Gray as wingbacks when playing the likes of St Mirren and Livingston etc

Sir David Gray
11-08-2018, 09:22 AM
At the same time they probably wont. More and more the modern game is about a squad of players not just 1 to 11. To stay competitive in cup competitions which is realistically where we are going to achieve success, Europe and achieve a highest league position we can we'll need to be flexible and be able to change players and tactics on a regular basis.

True I can understand that and do agree. I just think it's rare for clubs to have more than two proper wide players in their first team these days.

Fingers crossed we're also looking at a defensive type midfielder as I don't think we have brought in a replacement for McGeouch yet.

southsider
11-08-2018, 09:23 AM

Unlike Craig with his infamous 4-6-0 we are going to go with a 2-3-5 !

Onion
11-08-2018, 09:24 AM
Allan should be an easy deal, but for Celtic’s likely pettiness after losing SJM. We might need Allan to put in a transfer request and refuse to play 😏

Lancs Harp
11-08-2018, 09:26 AM
True I can understand that and do agree. I just think it's rare for clubs to have more than two proper wide players in their first team these days.

Fingers crossed we're also looking at a defensive type midfielder as I don't think we have brought in a replacement for McGeouch yet.

Agreed, if we could land Scott Allan, plus the defensive midfielder you mention things would be looking very exciting and compared to older times thats pretty amazing considering we have just lost SJM and Dylan, plus Barker. Just shows how progressive the Club has become.

Sir David Gray
11-08-2018, 09:29 AM
Agreed, if we could land Scott Allan, plus the defensive midfielder you mention things would be looking very exciting and compared to older times thats pretty amazing considering we have just lost SJM and Dylan, plus Barker. Just shows how progressive the Club has become.

Absolutely. I can't wait to see how we do this season. On paper it could be really exciting times ahead.

mayo hibee
11-08-2018, 09:30 AM
and refuse to play 😏

That part should be easy enough. 🙂

The_Horde

They could easily all play in the same team. One up top and two wide or one playing more centrally (sure Horgan done this over in Ireland at times)

SouthMoroccoStu
Allan should be an easy deal, but for Celtic’s likely pettiness after losing SJM. We might need Allan to put in a transfer request and refuse to play 😏

A big factor of hibs getting or not getting Allan will be Celtic chucking the toys out the pram

hfc rd
11-08-2018, 09:32 AM

He’s not even getting on the bench so that should be easy.

Lancs Harp
11-08-2018, 09:32 AM
They could easily all play in the same team. One up top and two wide or one playing more centrally (sure Horgan done this over in Ireland at times)

I did say probably Dex :wink:

Although I maintain I dont think we'd see that very often.

ekhibee
11-08-2018, 09:46 AM
Lennon obviously likes him, he's given him a 3 year deal. Don't know much about the guy, is he a left or right winger? The clips of Agyepong seemed to imply he's definitely left. Interesting signing, but I'd be quite surprised if Horgan has just been signed as a squad player although I could be wrong. Lennon has stated that in certain positions we don't have strength in depth, so this would definitely seem to be a move in that direction. Interesting.

green day
11-08-2018, 09:48 AM
Tam McManus said he plays on the left and cuts in off the right - kind of fits with some of the stuff on his showreel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cppM_eZkiKM

southsider
11-08-2018, 09:49 AM
He’s not even getting on the bench so that should be easy.
SA back at Hibs would be all my Christmases rolled into one.

Baw187
11-08-2018, 09:52 AM
Tam McManus said he plays on the left and cuts in off the right - kind of fits with some of the stuff on his showreel

Looks like the type of player that does well up here. Hopefully another decent signing!

Pagan Hibernia
11-08-2018, 09:57 AM

im still hopeful Fraser Murray will step up in midfield. Obviously a big season for him.

BullsCloseHibs
11-08-2018, 10:07 AM
Brilliant signing.
Absolutely delighted with this.
Well done HFC.

PPZPOL
11-08-2018, 10:09 AM
im still hopeful Fraser Murray will step up in midfield. Obviously a big season for him.

He does seem to have been pushed slightly down the pecking order having been in and around the squad. Hopefully a big year for him with plenty chances to come in and get some game time. The fact he’s not been loaned out suggests he’ll play a part? What a difference our squad is now from a few years ago, Stanton was brought in and instantly who we (we’ll i did!!) looked to for inspiration. Maybe that didn’t help his early development.

number9dream
11-08-2018, 10:13 AM
Horgan signing is exciting. Another right-footer though, albeit one who likes to play on the left wing.
Could he play midfield in our 3-5-2 or is he an out-and-out attacker?
Looks like the end of the road for Swanson now.
A powerful left footer in midfield would be a handy addition, but these guys are hard to find.

I see Horgan already has a goal against Zenit in case the Russkis make an incredible comeback...

11-08-2018, 10:22 AM

My favourite is at 1 min 14 where he misses the ball, the defender tries to clear it but it goes in off Horgan's head. He then celebrates with a forward roll as if he'd meant the header.

Welcome to Hibs Daryl, I'd be happy if you score loads of goals like that.

11-08-2018, 10:27 AM
This boy looks class and he’s ginger so ticks all boxes

Stevie Reid
11-08-2018, 10:33 AM
My thinking has always been that we would pay pretty significant fees for four or so players this window.

Absolutely delighted with the quality we're bringing in. And already have!

nonshinyfinish
11-08-2018, 10:35 AM
This boy looks class and he’s ginger so ticks all boxes

Has the one in, one out policy on gingers been abandoned? The fans fund the signings so we deserve to be told.

11-08-2018, 10:39 AM
Has the one in, one out policy on gingers been abandoned? The fans fund the signings so we deserve to be told.

I think Murray was so ginger he counted as two normal gingers therefore we have brought in Horgan and Bogdan.

I don’t have any inside knowledge re our ginger signing strategy which I assume is highly confidential.

Zazu62
11-08-2018, 10:41 AM
How much did we pay?

Borderhibbie76
11-08-2018, 10:49 AM

I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do although with Boyle, Agyepong and now Horgan all coming in as wide players I wonder where they'll all fit in.If we progress in Europe- fingers crossed - the more squad depth the better. Can never have too many decent players. Excellent signing and happy it's a 3 year deal too

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

GloryGlory
11-08-2018, 10:51 AM
How much did we pay?

Our usual transfer fee - £undisclosed. :greengrin

Dalianwanda
11-08-2018, 10:53 AM
From another Sligo Rovers season ticket holder “Yes man great player. Absoloute work horse. Honest player who will give you everyrthing and will pitch in with some goals. Good signing!”

Borderhibbie76
I think Murray was so ginger he counted as two normal gingers therefore we have brought in Horgan and Bogdan.

I don’t have any inside knowledge re our ginger signing strategy which I assume is highly confidential.This is a joke 2 gingers in the squad now....PETRIE!!!!

Onion

Yip, the number of young players coming through our academy to first team is disappointing. Porteous looks like the only serious prospect.

Sir David Gray
11-08-2018, 10:54 AM
Yip, the number of young players coming through our academy to first team is disappointing. Porteous looks like the only serious prospect.

Oli Shaw?

GloryGlory
11-08-2018, 10:55 AM

Shaw?

blackpoolhibs
11-08-2018, 10:57 AM
Anyone gutted its not another loan, instead of a 3 year deal? :greengrin

Onion
11-08-2018, 10:59 AM
Shaw?

Not convinced. Kamberi & Mac first picks every time. Porreous is banging on the door for regular start IMO. He’s been as good if not better than Darren.

mayo hibee
11-08-2018, 11:01 AM
This is a joke 2 gingers in the squad now....PETRIE!!!!

Don't think we can blame Petrie, Horgan is more of a strawberry blond really.

nonshinyfinish
11-08-2018, 11:25 AM
Don't think we can blame Petrie, Horgan is more of a strawberry blond really.

Biggest ever footballing budget has allowed us to stretch to a ginger and a half.

jacomo
11-08-2018, 11:27 AM
Not convinced. Kamberi & Mac first picks every time. Porreous is banging on the door for regular start IMO. He’s been as good if not better than Darren.

Oli Shaw is doing just fine IMO. I’d like him to get stronger and assert himself more on the pitch but he has done well whenever I’ve seen him.

SlickShoes
11-08-2018, 11:29 AM
It’s very rare to have 4 or 5 youngsters all come through at once and be in the first team. We currently have 2 and another 2 usually in the bench which isn’t a bad position to be in.

FitbaFolkKen
11-08-2018, 12:56 PM
Read on a PNE forum that they were surprised we hadn't compared him to Tyrion Lannister yet....

GloryGlory
11-08-2018, 01:01 PM

You did say "prospect" - I would contend Shaw has already shown enough to be considered a prospect.

ForeverHibs93
11-08-2018, 01:35 PM
Interesting that the PNE fans didn’t like the lack of end product on him but they seem buzzing about Barker, as much as I loved the guy, his end product wouldn’t have been what I highlighted as his strong suit.

Dashing Bob S
11-08-2018, 02:12 PM
Our usual transfer fee - £undisclosed. :greengrin

If we signed a player from Rangers would it be for a hundisclosed transfer fee?

Hibbyradge
11-08-2018, 02:22 PM
I don't think Hibs were ever going to be able to afford Barker. He's only a young laddie and already commands £10k a week.

PNE, however, can afford him so it seems to me that there has been a bit of juggling/horse trading by the 3 clubs involved.

NZ Green
11-08-2018, 03:50 PM
His play style looks similar to Barker. PNE seem to think he has potential but not consistant, hopefully Lennon can get the best out of him.

NOLA
11-08-2018, 04:07 PM
Good for the club to get a long term target on board [emoji106] reminds me of Damien duff

Godsahibby
11-08-2018, 04:12 PM

First picks every time apart from last week where Shaw was first pick and scored.

Shaw has an unbelievable record for a young striker not just from his under 20 days but his games to goals at this point will be better than most of our young strikers who’ve been brought though.

Borderhibbie76
11-08-2018, 04:22 PM
Interesting that the PNE fans didn’t like the lack of end product on him but they seem buzzing about Barker, as much as I loved the guy, his end product wouldn’t have been what I highlighted as his strong suit.No it deffo wasn't his strongest point tho it did get better as season wore on last year

Deejk107
11-08-2018, 04:23 PM
First picks every time apart from last week where Shaw was first pick and scored.

Shaw has an unbelievable record for a young striker not just from his under 20 days but his games to goals at this point will be better than most of our young strikers who’ve been brought though.

He definitely has potential but I would only give him a start in our current squad if we had to rest either of our other 2 strikers, bringing him on instead of MacLaren on Thursday night for example was a shocking decision imo, adds no strength to us whatsoever. He had McGinn, McGeouch and Allan last season as well, he'll need to work harder for chances in this squad and I personally can't see it happening this season for him like it did last year.

Borderhibbie76
11-08-2018, 04:23 PM

Shaw has an unbelievable record for a young striker not just from his under 20 days but his games to goals at this point will be better than most of our young strikers who’ve been brought though.And Shaw was brought on ahead of Maclaren on Thurs night too

LancsHibs
11-08-2018, 04:29 PM
Sounds like we have an exciting signing, well thought of at Preston. Welcome to Hibs Daryl

HIBERNIAN-0762
11-08-2018, 04:40 PM
A big factor of hibs getting or not getting Allan will be Celtic chucking the toys out the pram

We need to get him on a 3 year deal and not a loan.

Pagan Hibernia
11-08-2018, 04:47 PM

With the way the 20s dominated youth football in Scotland last season I’d like to see more of them in the first team.

Elephant Stone
11-08-2018, 04:58 PM
He looks absolutely quality on his highlights videos, and I'm not having any "it's only a youtube video", you can tell. He is going to be quality. We're really not ****ing about with our signings any more.

FAO our opponents:

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/012/612/v-sign.jpg

NAE NOOKIE
11-08-2018, 04:58 PM
Read on a PNE forum that they were surprised we hadn't compared him to Tyrion Lannister yet....

Interesting that the PNE fans didn’t like the lack of end product on him but they seem buzzing about Barker, as much as I loved the guy, his end product wouldn’t have been what I highlighted as his strong suit.

The first thing I thought when I saw his picture was Tyrion Lannister :greengrin

Yeh, the PNE fans seemed to think that his poor final ball and lack of tactical awareness wouldn't matter in Scotland …. which is funny, coz last time I looked the Hibs coaches, not to mention the fans, weren't too keen on overhit crosses or poor tactical awareness either. Brandon Barker's final ball and positional sense had improved considerably by the time he left us, though he could still let himself down in both areas, lets hope we can improve Daryl's game in these aspects of the game too.

JimBHibees
11-08-2018, 05:24 PM
He definitely has potential but I would only give him a start in our current squad if we had to rest either of our other 2 strikers, bringing him on instead of MacLaren on Thursday night for example was a shocking decision imo, adds no strength to us whatsoever. He had McGinn, McGeouch and Allan last season as well, he'll need to work harder for chances in this squad and I personally can't see it happening this season for him like it did last year.

McLaren has barely played so Shaw was the right sub. The kid is a goal machine and will score loads for Hibs.

CMurdoch
11-08-2018, 05:37 PM
The first thing I thought when I saw his picture was Tyrion Lannister :greengrin

Yeh, the PNE fans seemed to think that his poor final ball and lack of tactical awareness wouldn't matter in Scotland …. which is funny, coz last time I looked the Hibs coaches, not to mention the fans, weren't too keen on overhit crosses or poor tactical awareness either. Brandon Barker's final ball and positional sense had improved considerably by the time he left us, though he could still let himself down in both areas, lets hope we can improve Daryl's game in these aspects of the game too.

A winger with a poor final ball who'd have thunk it :wink:

ancient hibee
11-08-2018, 05:40 PM

Amazing the type of player who can get caps these days:greengrin

Scott Allan Key
11-08-2018, 06:03 PM

Indeed, and without disrespecting John Hughes, fitba folk ken what’s going on when lending a young player to Neil Lennon’s Hibs.

Jim44
11-08-2018, 06:13 PM
Looks a good’un. Happy days.

DetroitHibs
11-08-2018, 07:19 PM
I think have a team with pace is a huge advantage in the SPL. Lennon knows this and takes full advantage. As long as Lennon is managing the team, I have the up most faith.

badabing67
11-08-2018, 09:31 PM
Shaw?

Mackie and Blake

jacomo
11-08-2018, 09:34 PM
With the way the 20s dominated youth football in Scotland last season I’d like to see more of them in the first team.

:agree:

Criswell
11-08-2018, 09:55 PM
If we could get Allan back I would be pretty happy with the squad we would have.

Onceinawhile
11-08-2018, 11:25 PM

How many of the last team to win the double are still playing regular football at a decent level? 2? Maybe 3? (feel free to count Hanlon even though he was moved up ahead of that year)