PDA

View Full Version : Team v St Johnstone

theonlywayisup
11-08-2018, 08:12 AM
Think we'll see some changes, but not loads, for Sunday.

Laidlaw

Ambrose
Porteous
Hanlon

Whittaker
Bartley
Mallan
Slivka
Stevenson

McLaren
Shaw

Souter96Mac
11-08-2018, 08:15 AM

Laidlaw

Ambrose
Porteous
Hanlon

Whittaker
Bartley
Mallan
Slivka
Stevenson

McLaren
Shaw

I'd like to give Hyndman some game time. The lad looks like he has ability, and it'd be good to try and get him up to speed as quick as we can.

theonlywayisup
11-08-2018, 11:37 AM

Laidlaw

Ambrose
Porteous
Hanlon

Whittaker
Bartley
Mallan
Slivka
Stevenson

McLaren
Shaw

Think Horgan will come straight into the team.

SChibs
11-08-2018, 11:49 AM
This will never be the team but if love to see us try it.

Any goalie

Gray Ambrose Hanlon Stevenson
Boyle slivka bartley mallan Horgan
Kamberi

Obviously boyle and Horgan both as out and out wingers willing to get into the box when we get forward.

What's folks opinions on that? Good or bad I'm not bothered like I said it will never happen!

Speedway
11-08-2018, 11:49 AM
Laidlaw

Ambrose
Porteous
Hanlon

SDG
Mallan
Dylan
Bartley
SJM
Slivka
Hyndman
Allan
Ageypong
Horgan
Stevenson

Kamberi
Shaw

Swanson on the bench.

calumhibee1
11-08-2018, 11:51 AM
This will never be the team but if love to see us try it.

Any goalie

Gray Ambrose Hanlon Stevenson
Boyle slivka bartley mallan Horgan
Kamberi

Obviously boyle and Horgan both as out and out wingers willing to get into the box when we get forward.

What's folks opinions on that? Good or bad I'm not bothered like I said it will never happen!

It's sort of the formation I've thought recently would maybe work to get Boyle and Gray in the team, although I'd tweak it a bit to be more of a 4-2-3-1 with Slivka and Marv sitting deeper and Mallan as a 10.

SChibs
11-08-2018, 11:51 AM
Laidlaw

Ambrose
Porteous
Hanlon

SDG
Mallan
Dylan
Bartley
SJM
Slivka
Hyndman
Allan
Ageypong
Horgan
Stevenson

Kamberi
Shaw

Swanson on the bench.

What has liam henderson done to deserve getting dropped?

blackpoolhibs
11-08-2018, 11:52 AM
Laidlaw

Ambrose
Porteous
Hanlon

SDG
Mallan
Dylan
Bartley
SJM
Slivka
Hyndman
Allan
Ageypong
Horgan
Stevenson

Kamberi
Shaw

Swanson on the bench.

Swap Ageypong fro Swanson and i think you just might have it, visas not through yet. :greengrin

Speedway
11-08-2018, 11:54 AM
Swap Ageypong fro Swanson and i think you just might have it, visas not through yet. :greengrin

Swanson’s not doing it in training for me.

I’ll take my chances on Tam’s visa.

theonlywayisup
11-08-2018, 06:55 PM
Anymore thoughts on the team for tomorrow. I'm now updating my thoughts now that Horgan has signed.

Laidlaw

Ambrose
Porteous
Hanlon

Whittaker
Mallan
Bartley
Horgan
Stevenson

McLaren
Shaw

DavidDavidGray
11-08-2018, 06:57 PM

Laidlaw

Gray
Hanlon
Porteous
Stevenson

Slivka
Mallan
Hyndman

Boyle
Maclaren
Horgan

GGTTH07
11-08-2018, 06:58 PM
Would rest Dave G tomorrow.

Laidlaw
Ambrose Porteous Hanlon
Boyle Stevenson
Hyndman Slivka Mallan
Kamberi Maclaren

B.H.F.C
11-08-2018, 07:02 PM
Pretty sure MacLaren and Hyndman will both play.

Think there will be another one or two changes. Not sure who will drop out but wouldn’t be surprised to see Whittaker play.

Lancs Harp
11-08-2018, 07:07 PM
Its a bit of guess work but wouldnt expect anyone not 100% fit to start so would be really surprised to see Flo start.

hfc rd
11-08-2018, 07:09 PM
Laidlaw

Whittaker
Ambrose
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Hyndman
Bartley
Swanson

Shaw
Maclaren

subs:
Dabrowski
Gray
Slivka
Boyle
Mallan
Horgan
Kamberi

bingo70
11-08-2018, 07:17 PM
Is Horgan eligible to play tomorrow?

Hermit Crab
11-08-2018, 07:17 PM
Hyndman and Horgan to start for me, St J know nothing about them. Take them by surprise.

B.H.F.C
11-08-2018, 07:18 PM

Think there will be another one or two changes. Not sure who will drop out but wouldn’t be surprised to see Whittaker play.

Hermit Crab
11-08-2018, 07:18 PM
Is Horgan eligible to play tomorrow?

Yes he is if clearance is received.

The winger has penned a three year deal with the club and will, subject to international clearance, be available for selection for Sunday's Ladbrokes Premiership clash with St Johnstone.

Hermit Crab
11-08-2018, 07:19 PM

In place of?

Allant1981
11-08-2018, 07:22 PM
laidlaw
ambrose
porteous
hanlon
boyle
slivka
mallan
hyndman
horgan
maclaren
shaw

Lancs Harp
11-08-2018, 07:25 PM
BTW not with tomorrow in mind but how is Bogdan? How long term/short term is his injury?

B.H.F.C
11-08-2018, 07:56 PM
In place of?

Not sure but just think Lennon will use the squad ahead of Thursday. Possibly Gray or Bartley.

sean04
11-08-2018, 08:01 PM
Maybe rest boyle?

Iggy Pope
11-08-2018, 08:09 PM
In place of?

The way NL spoke on Thursday night after the game suggested that Whittaker might get a slot. He was not slow to agree that he would need to rotate the starting XI.
Not that he spoke to me mind. Couldn't claim that. He was speaking through the car radio.

Billy Whizz
11-08-2018, 08:13 PM
The way NL spoke on Thursday night after the game suggested that Whittaker might get a slot. He was not slow to agree that he would need to rotate the starting XI.
Not that he spoke to me mind. Couldn't claim that. He was speaking through the car radio.

Heard that too, much as he gets stick on here, I like Whittaker

HibeeMackenzie
11-08-2018, 08:18 PM
Laidlaw
Ambrose Porteous Hanlon
Gray Whittaker hyndman slivka Mackie
Maclaren shaw

Hibeewilly
11-08-2018, 08:27 PM
I think NL will rest players with niggles but there wont be wholesale changes. If we win tomorrow we are joint top of the league so we must go all out for the 3 points.

Hermit Crab
11-08-2018, 08:57 PM

Heard that too, much as he gets stick on here, I like Whittaker

Missed that, if SW plays then it has to be a deep role, he just hasn't got the legs anymore.

Billy Whizz
11-08-2018, 08:59 PM
Missed that, if SW plays then it has to be a deep role, he just hasn't got the legs anymore.

Can play right back fine in my opinion

Lancs Harp
11-08-2018, 09:01 PM

He's ok unless he gets exposed 1 on 1 with someone who has pace. Whitty at fullback is a bit of a concern for me to be honest.

truehibernian
11-08-2018, 09:12 PM

He can play there but he gives me the fear these days in the full back position Billy. If Whitty plays anywhere on the pitch it has to be just above the centre halves in a 4-4-2 - he simply gets targeted if he plays full back and anyone that plays genuine width he just doesn't have the legs. I still rate him, but as a defensive midfielder only.

What I can't abide is the stick he gets from the stands on occasion. One thing you can never ever doubt is his commitment and effort, and his will to win. I can't mind the game last season, one of the post split games, but in the second half of it he drove the team forward and constantly talked the guys next to him through the game which saw us win it. His experience is vital at times.

Mr_F
11-08-2018, 09:25 PM
Win 2-0 tomorrow and we’re top of the league, that is out main priority along with the domestic cups, Europe is a cheeky bonus so the strongest team we can play taking into account a little rotation for rest/game time etc...

Laidlaw

Ambrose Porteous Hanlon

Boyle Slivka Hyndman Mallan Horgan

Kamberi MacLaren

B.H.F.C
11-08-2018, 09:30 PM
Win 2-0 tomorrow and we’re top of the league, that is out main priority along with the domestic cups, Europe is a cheeky bonus so the strongest team we can play taking into account a little rotation for rest/game time etc...

Laidlaw

Ambrose Porteous Hanlon

Kamberi MacLaren

The way the draw has panned out, Europe is more than a cheeky bonus now.

We are potentially 3 games away from making a serious amount of money. And having some seriously big games to attend. If we lose tomorrow we have 36 games to recover from it. If we lose on Thursday it’s game over. Molde away is the biggest game we have this week.

Tug Wilson
11-08-2018, 09:36 PM

We are potentially 3 games away from making a serious amount of money. And having some seriously big games to attend. If we lose tomorrow we have 36 games to recover from it. If we lose on Thursday it’s game over. Molde away is the biggest game we have this week.

Absolutely. If we had lost heavily last Thursday then we should concentrate on the St Johnstone game. But we didn't.

sixtwo
11-08-2018, 10:20 PM
Laidlaw / (but Bogdan if fit)

-------Efe--Hanlon---Porteous
Gray--------Bartley--------Stevenson
-------Boyle------Mallan

Maclaren-----Kamberi

kaimendhibs
12-08-2018, 12:58 AM
Laidlaw / (but Bogdan if fit)

-------Efe--Hanlon---Porteous
Gray--------Bartley--------Stevenson
-------Boyle------Mallan

Maclaren-----KamberiLennon has already said changes. Imo no chance of kamberi playing, gray either. Think Horan may start along with hyndeman.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Auckland Hibs
12-08-2018, 01:06 AM
Lennon has already said changes. Imo no chance of kamberi playing, gray either. Think Horan may start along with hyndeman.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

We looked pretty leggy towards the end of the Molde game, unsurprising really considering the amount of travelling the team have done in the past three weeks.

Kamberi will definitely be rested IMO.

Expecting both Horan and Hyndeman to start - I suspect Boyle may also be given a rest.

Hibby Kay-Yay
12-08-2018, 07:09 AM
Laidlaw

Efe
Porteous
Hanlon

Whittaker
Slivka
Hyndman
Mallan
Horgan

Shaw
MacLaren

Dubrovski, Gray, Boyle, Stevenson, Bartley, Flo, Allan

we are hibs
12-08-2018, 07:17 AM
Laidlaw

Boyle
Porteous
Hanlon
Efe
Stevenson

Mallan
Hyndman
Slivka

Shaw
Maclaren

J-C
12-08-2018, 07:22 AM
Laidlaw

Efe
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Slivka
Whittaker
Hyndman
Horgan

Shaw
MacLaren

houstonhibbee
12-08-2018, 07:23 AM
Laidlaw

Efe
Porteous
Hanlon

Whittaker
Slivka
Hyndman
Mallan
Horgan

Shaw
MacLaren

Allan?

MSK
12-08-2018, 07:24 AM
Allan?Lewis

frazeHFC
12-08-2018, 07:35 AM
Think we'll see a couple rested for Thursday. We should still have enough to win though, squad is looking strong.

sean04
12-08-2018, 07:48 AM
Laidlaw

Efe
Porteous
Hanlon

Whittaker
Slivka
Hyndman
Mallan
Horgan

Shaw
MacLaren

That's the team i was thinking. Maybe Scott Martin on the bench so we can take mallan or slivka off

BT58
12-08-2018, 07:50 AM
NL quoted in media saying that SJ only team we have not beat ( yet),

Laidlaw

Effe Porteous Hanlon

Roger Lewy
Boyle Mallan Horgan

Hyndman

MacLaren
Hopefully get the job done by ht and rest more players about an hour in.
B

Surdjoe
12-08-2018, 07:50 AM
4-3-3

Laidlaw

Gray
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Slivka
Hyndman
Mallan

Ayepong
MacLaren
Horgan

Springbank
12-08-2018, 08:02 AM
4-3-3

Laidlaw

Gray
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Slivka
Hyndman
Mallan

Ayepong
MacLaren
Horgan

unfortunately Scotland (being part of the now openly racist UK run from london) is not yet in charge of its working visas.

agyepong will not be playing til someone in Dominic raab's office in London gives him a stamp on his passport.

Hermit Crab
12-08-2018, 08:08 AM

Laidlaw

Ambrose Porteous Hanlon

Kamberi MacLaren

Unless St Mirren win very handsomely at Ibrox. :greengrin

Keyser Sauzee
12-08-2018, 08:11 AM
I’d try and rest as many of the starters for Thursdays game as possible, not that I want to see us lose or drop points today but I think it’s so early in the season that we have plenty time to make up for it if we did and Thursdays game is more important for me.

Hibby Kay-Yay
12-08-2018, 08:24 AM
With The Rangers, Celtc and Aberdeen dropping points in their 1st couple of games, 3 points today is quite important.

Hibeewilly
12-08-2018, 08:52 AM
With The Rangers, Celtc and Aberdeen dropping points in their 1st couple of games, 3 points today is quite important.
Agree 100%. Lennon is a winner and will want to be sitting on top of the league tonight. Kamberi I can see being rested and possibly Gray but apart from them I think he will select his strongest team. Horgan has just arrived so I doubt he will start him but Hyndman is a cert to start IMO. 2-0 Hibees to take us above our friends across the city. GGTTH

Albanian Hibs
12-08-2018, 09:03 AM
MacLaren to start with Shaw. Kamberi needs to be rested, didnt look fit on Thurs.

Billy Whizz
12-08-2018, 09:03 AM
MacLaren to start with Shaw. Kamberi needs to be rested, didnt look fit on Thurs.

I think this will be our front 2 today as well

number9dream
12-08-2018, 10:14 AM
Hyndman to start - getting close to the strikers. Horgan to get 20-30 mins.
It could be a scrap in the rain, with Saints players getting a roasting from Tommy Wright last weekend.

G B Young
12-08-2018, 10:17 AM
If the weather's as bad in Perth as it is in Edinburgh it's going to be an extremely soggy affair.

Sammy7nil
12-08-2018, 10:18 AM
unfortunately Scotland (being part of the now openly racist UK run from london) is not yet in charge of its working visas.

agyepong will not be playing til someone in Dominic raab's office in London gives him a stamp on his passport.

Great point :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Togs91
12-08-2018, 10:21 AM
If the weather's as bad in Perth as it is in Edinburgh it's going to be an extremely soggy affair.

Were on the train past stirling, dry but overcast. No doubt ill take one step off the train and the heavens will open, and ill just have to step into a pub, to keep warm and dry of course.

G B Young
12-08-2018, 10:24 AM

I agree. Any kind of win today would be great. No need to worry about being top of the league at this stage. I also think getting through against Molde is more important than making progress in the League Cup. No reason we can't do both, but if we were to get through the Molde tie we should definitely rest a good number of players v Ross County.

Nicho87
12-08-2018, 10:28 AM
I'd play

Goalie
Ambrose Porteous Hanlon Stevenson
Slivka Mallan Bartley
Boyle McLaren Horgan

CockneyRebel
12-08-2018, 10:35 AM

Oh dearie me.

DTS
12-08-2018, 11:09 AM
Laidlaw

Ambrose Porteous Hanlon

Boyle Mallan Whittaker hyndman Stevenson

Shaw MacLaren

Billy Whizz
12-08-2018, 11:12 AM
No point in signing Horgan if we don’t play him. He can’t play on Thursday, so get him in the team today

DTS
12-08-2018, 11:17 AM
No point in signing Horgan if we don’t play him. He can’t play on Thursday, so get him in the team today

Why can’t he play on Thursday? Don’t you get an allowance 1/2 players that can be registered late or does it need to be before first leg?

houstonhibbee
12-08-2018, 11:19 AM
Oh dearie me.
You don’t see it?

Famous Fiver
12-08-2018, 11:20 AM
If Horgan can play on Thursday then so can Haaland and according to popular opinion we don't want that.

PatHead
12-08-2018, 11:20 AM
Why can’t he play on Thursday? Don’t you get an allowance 1/2 players that can be registered late or does it need to be before first leg?
Had to be registered before the first leg.

Billy Whizz
12-08-2018, 11:32 AM
If Horgan can play on Thursday then so can Haaland and according to popular opinion we don't want that.

He can’t as he wasn’t registered before the 1st leg. Haaland was, so if his transfer hasn’t gone through, he can play on Thursday

Hibby Kay-Yay
12-08-2018, 11:57 AM
We might use this game to try a 451?

Laidlaw

Gray Efe Hanlon Lewis

Boyle Whitts Hyndman Slivka Horgan

Shaw

DTS
12-08-2018, 01:05 PM
Laidlaw

Ambrose Porteous Hanlon

Shaw MacLaren

Ten points too me

bawheid
12-08-2018, 01:22 PM
Ten points too me

Well done. One point off for poor grammar. :greengrin

Edinburgh Green
12-08-2018, 01:24 PM

Easy tiger, he’s signed on a 3 year deal. Don’t think he was just signed to play against St Johnstone

erin go bragh
12-08-2018, 01:26 PM
Laidlaw

Ambrose Porteous Hanlon

Shaw MacLaren
Is that you Neil 😜👍🇳🇬