PDA

View Full Version : Who is the baddest fans of all....

Hibs07p
11-08-2018, 07:58 AM
....according to British Transport Police? And not a mention of those nasty Hibee hordes.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/travelling-scots-football-fans-rack-13064283

18SHARES
ByDavid Dubas-FisherAlan McEwen
04:30, 11 AUG 2018
NEWS

Sectarian singing, racial abuse and sex assaults were among the logged incidents

Sectarian singing, racial abuse and sex assaults were among nearly 100 incidents involving Scots football fans recorded by British Transport Police last season.

The figures showed supporters linked to Rangers were involved in more incidents logged by the BTP than any other UK club with 46.

Leeds United were next with their fans involved in 26 incidents, followed by Manchester United with 21, then Celtic and Tottenham with 20 each.

A total of 93 incidents were logged on the country’s transport network in 2017-18 involving fans of Scottish clubs in some way. Some were minor, such as fans “being loud”, but others were more serious.

There were 36 incidents of disorderly behaviour, 28 incidents of threatening or abusive behaviour, 11 of offensive behaviour, six of common assault, five of harassment, and two were for assaulting police officers.

Officers also recorded some 30 incidents of sectarian songs being sung by Scottish fans, while racial abuse was a factor in one of the incidents logged.

BTP officers logged almost 100 incidents involving Scots football fans

Of the other 30 which involved sectarian singing, 19 involved fans of Rangers, seven for Celtic, two for St Johnstone, one for Hearts, and another involving an unknown club.

The figures for football-related disorder on Britain’s transport network were obtained by the Record under freedom of information laws.

Those included a case on October 28, when a group of Rangers supporters were “singing homophobic and sectarian songs” when children were present. Meanwhile, the BTP logged an incident on August 19 when Celtic fans allegedly sang “offensive sectarian songs and about the IRA.”

A further incident on November 24, saw Rangers supporters allegedly threaten “to rape and murder Catholics”.

Sectarian chants were a problem almost entirely linked to Scotland.

Only one sectarian incident recorded last season couldn’t be identified as involving a Scots club.

One Rangers fan allegedly sexually assaulted a passenger on February 3.

Sectarian singing, racial abuse and sex assaults were among the recorded incidents

On October 24, two Hearts fans allegedly spat at another passenger.

On August 26, Hamilton fans were reported for kicking a ball around a train that hit other passengers. On October 28, Rangers fans were allegedly drinking and smoking on a train and “throwing glass bottles out of window,” as well as singing offensive songs.

BTP said: “Match days each weekend are always a busy period for BTP and we take a proactive approach to policing sporting events across England, Scotland and Wales.

“The vast majority of fans are good-humoured and cause no issues for police. There are, however, a very small minority who are intent on causing trouble.

“We continue to tackle these issues head-on and anyone who is anti-social – which goes for both football fans and other passengers – will be dealt with firmly.

GGTTH
Scottish Cup Winners 2016

Diclonius
11-08-2018, 08:08 AM
This can't be true! Celtic are only guilty by association, they told us that like 10 times.

Bostonhibby
11-08-2018, 08:16 AM
Disappointing for Sevco, if they'd chosen to keep the history of the now defunct Glasgow rangers on this one as well they'd have the title sewn up already.

EricStoner
11-08-2018, 08:18 AM
The phrase springing to mind here is, "First World Problems."
Hardly the Gordon Riots, is it?
A short "job exchange" with, say, the Jamaica Constabulary Force, might be of benefit for a BTP "spokesperson" or two.
I used to be good friends with a Busy in the Football Intelligence Unit, back in the good old days. Ex-schoolpal. Lost touch with him, but I know he left the police around the turn of the Millennium.
I'll bet he's sweating with relief reading that and thanking The Good Lord that he doesn't have to deal with singing, smoking and maybe a wolf whistle or two. Luton v Millwall must've been a piece of cake compared to that.
For what it's worth, I somehow mentioned Section B in the Bookie Bashing thread. On a pound-for-pound basis, they'd get my vote in Scotland... & they remain top-class at offensive singing.

EricStoner
11-08-2018, 08:29 AM
...... & let's stick to the thread title😒!
This should be about bad boys. Bad boy threads are boring enough.
However, they are not even in orbit around Planet Tedium... Which is home to threads beginning, "As a Guardian reader and SNP voter, I am shocked and appalled to discover that two Scottish football clubs have fans who adhere to ideolgies based on theological identity and discrimination..."
I will personally hunt down the first poster to use, "In this day and age..." on this thread😣.

Keith_M
11-08-2018, 08:44 AM
However, they are not even in orbit around Planet Tedium... Which is home to threads beginning, "As a Guardian reader and SNP voter, I am shocked and appalled to discover that two Scottish football clubs have fans who adhere to ideolgies based on theological identity and discrimination..."
I will personally hunt down the first poster to use, "In this day and age..." on this thread😣.

OK, how about EricStoneage.

Catch22
11-08-2018, 08:44 AM

In this day and age threatening to hunt people down is really not on.

Sir David Gray
11-08-2018, 08:47 AM

Looks like at least one Jambo is getting pumped up for the game today!

Cat Stanton
11-08-2018, 09:36 AM
A short "job exchange" with, say, the Jamaica Constabulary Force, might be of benefit for a BTP "spokesperson" or two.
I used to be good friends with a Busy in the Football Intelligence Unit, back in the good old days. Ex-schoolpal. Lost touch with him, but I know he left the police around the turn of the Millennium.
I'll bet he's sweating with relief reading that and thanking The Good Lord that he doesn't have to deal with singing, smoking and maybe a wolf whistle or two. Luton v Millwall must've been a piece of cake compared to that.
For what it's worth, I somehow mentioned Section B in the Bookie Bashing thread. On a pound-for-pound basis, they'd get my vote in Scotland... & they remain top-class at offensive singing.

What an interesting point of view. So being with your kids on a train while morons "threaten to rape and murder Catholics" is no big deal then? Being threatened, intimidated and abused while travelling is all fine, aye? "First World Problems"? Jesus wept.

DaveF
11-08-2018, 09:47 AM
Add the 15 or so dicks supporting celtc who were singing Ira songs on the train this morning who got off at Haymarket. Hopefully the 4 very angry large looking huns who also got off there got stuck into them.

Tomsk
11-08-2018, 09:52 AM

"There were 36 incidents of disorderly behaviour, 28 incidents of threatening or abusive behaviour, 11 of offensive behaviour, six of common assault, five of harassment, and two were for assaulting police officers."

You might have a case if it was just singing, smoking and a wolf whistle or two, but these stats suggest something a bit worse than that. I think football supporters are often targeted by authorities in a manner other groups are not -- say rugby supporters for instance -- but at the same time they hardly do themselves a favour at times, especially when drink has been taken.

iwasthere1972
11-08-2018, 10:07 AM
Some were minor with fans being loud. :confused:

nonshinyfinish
11-08-2018, 10:10 AM
Some were minor with fans being loud. :confused:

Police were called when two competing singing sections in the same coach failed to sing in time.

EricStoner
11-08-2018, 11:24 AM
OK, how about Stoneage.

The past is a foreign country. They do things wrongly there.

EricStoner
11-08-2018, 11:41 AM

Typical. Latvian flag on that Tweet. Tells you all you need to know. All the same, these ex-Soviets and other Slavs. Glad we'll not have to play Zenit. Though Minsk will be the same. All bigoted racists. The lot of 'em. Always have been. Look at the number of black countries colonized by Slavic countries. And the amount of black slaves they sold, raped & murdered. And the amount of kids picking coffee for Russian / Soviet chain cafes in African fields at $10 per week. Or the number of Bangladeshi & Pakistani kids on 10c per hour to sit in sweatshops making clothes for their multi-national high street retailers. And the number of keyboard-punching and pen-pushing "workers", doing stipendiary admin stuff to support an economic system entirely dependent on the subjugation of three-quarters of the world's population. Not to mention the odd monkey noise. It's enough to make you want to vote for Brexit again to send them back home.

EricStoner
11-08-2018, 11:47 AM
Right! I'm off for a bevvie on my way to a juniors game. I'll just grab a few of those nails they use on corrugated sheeting, finish sharpening these 2p pieces and oiling my switchblade and away I go. Have a good afternoon, lads.

EricStoner
11-08-2018, 11:59 AM
...& back to the subject. Auchinleck have a few neds. A Hobby of my acquaintance was casually attending a game a while back and one wee beggar pulled a chin on him. I mind it was at Bo'Ness. Could be wrong on that though.

Since90+2
11-08-2018, 12:11 PM
Add the 15 or so dicks supporting celtc who were singing Ira songs on the train this morning who got off at Haymarket. Hopefully the 4 very angry large looking huns who also got off there got stuck into them.

Admins advocating violence now, thought that was against forum rules?

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-08-2018, 12:48 PM
...& back to the subject. Auchinleck have a few neds. A Hobby of my acquaintance was casually attending a game a while back and one wee beggar pulled a chin on him. I mind it was at Bo'Ness. Could be wrong on that though.

Are you ok?

Cat Stanton
11-08-2018, 11:03 PM
Are you ok?

He's very clearly not.

IGRIGI
11-08-2018, 11:07 PM
I had a couple of glasses of wine and then started to read this thread, what a head ****.

Keith_M
12-08-2018, 08:51 AM

Sorry but how is this half-wit not launched yet?

HIBERNIAN-0762
12-08-2018, 09:06 AM

Remarkable but not unexpected.

DaveF
12-08-2018, 10:09 AM
Admins advocating violence now, thought that was against forum rules?

Haha, how precious. And I've not been an admin for well over a year so you can retract that part.

BullsCloseHibs
12-08-2018, 10:29 AM
Doesn't paint a good picture for The Rangers.
Oh dear!

BullsCloseHibs
12-08-2018, 10:30 AM

Hopefully that's found its way to Budge. Unfortunately the view point of more than one Jumbo.