PDA

View Full Version : Team v St Johnstone

TheGreenMan
10-08-2018, 10:48 AM
How do we line up given the Europa League games and squad rotation needed now...

I'd go

Laidlaw
Boyle
Efe
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson
Swanson
Hyndman
Whittaker
Shaw
Jmac

Pretty Boy
10-08-2018, 10:52 AM
Laidlaw

Whittaker
Ambrose
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Bartley
Hyndman
Mallan

MacLaren
Shaw

Rest for Gray, Slivka and Boyle. I'm not convinced Kamberi is fit so same for him. No need to rush Bogdan and gives us a chance to see what Hyndman can do and how Shaw and MacLaren work together.

GRA
10-08-2018, 10:53 AM
I'd also put in Shaw, JMac, Hyndman and Swanson. Replace Kamberi, Boyle, Slivka & Bartley.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

makaveli1875
10-08-2018, 10:57 AM
Bogdan/Laidlaw

Efe
Hanlon
Porteous

Boyle
Hyndman
Bartley
Slivka
Stevenson

Shaw
Maclaren

Subs

Laidlaw/Dabrowski
Whittaker
Swanson
Mallan - only use if needed
Kamberi
F.Murray
SDG

The_Horde
10-08-2018, 11:01 AM
Keeper?

Gray Ambrose Hanlon Stevenson

Hyndman Bartley Whittaker
Swanson

Shaw Maclaren

TheReg!
10-08-2018, 11:06 AM
Slivka needs games now if he is to be a big part in our season, I知 still to be convinced but hopefully with more games under his belt he can prove me wrong.

Sean1875
10-08-2018, 11:07 AM
Laidlaw

Whittaker
Ambrose
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Bartley
Hyndman
Mallan

MacLaren
Shaw

Rest for Gray, Slivka and Boyle. I'm not convinced Kamberi is fit so same for him. No need to rush Bogdan and gives us a chance to see what Hyndman can do and how Shaw and MacLaren work together.

Aye id go for this, I think getting a full 90 mins (or as close as possible) for MacLaren and Hyndman to get them sharper and match fit for Thursday is essential.

Springbank
10-08-2018, 11:10 AM
Slivka needs games now if he is to be a big part in our season, I知 still to be convinced but hopefully with more games under his belt he can prove me wrong.

Agree with this. Would love him to succeed. He needs the message ringing in his ears that a higher harder press on the opponent is a must in this team.

Last night he was yards and yards off the pace when the opposition had the ball

wookie70
10-08-2018, 11:11 AM
Rest Kamberi and Gray. Slivka needs to play as he falls out of games after an hour. Whittaker may come in as defensive mid to give Marv a rest. Boyle at RWB and Shaw up top. Maybe rest Mallam for Hyndman who needs some time as he looks like he could be a useful addition.

Heedersnvolleys
10-08-2018, 11:15 AM
I would rest Stevenson. He keeps going but he definitely looked knackered last night

DoubleDangerous
10-08-2018, 11:16 AM
Laidlaw

Ambrose - Porteous - Hanlon

Boyle - Mallan - Marv - Hyndman - Stevenson

Shaw - Jmac

Centre Hawf
10-08-2018, 11:19 AM
Agree with this. Would love him to succeed. He needs the message ringing in his ears that a higher harder press on the opponent is a must in this team.

I think he pressed fairly well. My biggest issue was Mallan let folk run off him far too easily. Id like to see both start again Sunday though.

Pretty Boy
10-08-2018, 11:20 AM

He looked shattered after 50 minutes last night after a very good 1st half. Not for the 1st time either. I'm not convinced he has 2 games a week in his legs at the moment.

Hibster
10-08-2018, 11:21 AM
Any chance of Agyepong being availabe for this?

makaveli1875
10-08-2018, 11:27 AM
Rest Kamberi and Gray. Slivka needs to play as he falls out of games after an hour. Whittaker may come in as defensive mid to give Marv a rest. Boyle at RWB and Shaw up top. Maybe rest Mallam for Hyndman who needs some time as he looks like he could be a useful addition.

Marvs only played 2 games , he's the last guy that needs a rest .

Centre Hawf
10-08-2018, 11:29 AM
Any chance of Agyepong being availabe for this?

I知 starting to question if he値l be available for anything in a Hibs jersey at this point.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
10-08-2018, 11:50 AM
Bogdan (if fit)

Gray
Hanlon
Ambrose
Stevenson

Bartley
Mallan
Hyndman

Boyle
MacLaren
Agyepong (if paperwork is done)

GreenNWhiteArmy
10-08-2018, 11:57 AM
Laidlaw/Bogdan

Efe
Daz
Hanlon
Stevenson

Whittaker
Hyndman
Mallan

Boyle
Jamie Mac
Swanson

IAmLee
10-08-2018, 12:23 PM
I heard from someone last night that David Gray may not be available on Thursday as his wife is scheduled in for a cesarean on Wed. I have no idea if it's true or not but if it is I'd be giving Boyler a rest on Sunday seeing as he'll most likely be playing wingback on Thurs.

IncredibleHibee
10-08-2018, 12:27 PM

I think part of the reason for that though is he is quite a bit off match fitness. Was blowing hard again last night

DavidDavidGray
10-08-2018, 12:30 PM
Bogdan/Laidlaw

Efe
Hanlon
Porteous

Boyle
Hyndman
Bartley
Slivka
Stevenson

Shaw
Maclaren

Subs

Laidlaw/Dabrowski
Whittaker
Swanson
Mallan - only use if needed
Kamberi
F.Murray
SDG

Agree with this. Kamberi looks like he needs a rest and Mallan has played a lot recently, gives Maclaren some game time to get up to speed and gives us our first real look at Hyndman.

adhibs
10-08-2018, 01:09 PM
I'd be tempted to stick a couple youngsters in. Next Thursday is huge after sentiment getting pumped.

Nameless
10-08-2018, 01:45 PM
GK. Laidlaw
RWB. Whitty
CB. Hanlon
CB. Efe
CB. Porteous
LWB. Stevenson
CM. Bartley
CM. Mallan
CM. Slivka
CF. McLaren
CF. Shaw

Too early in the season for fatigue to be a factor. The players need game time to gel properly, so I'd avoid making too many changes.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Lewiehas2
10-08-2018, 02:01 PM
Laidlaw

Ambrose - Porteous - Hanlon

Boyle - Mallan - Marv - Hyndman - Stevenson

Shaw - Jmac

Spot on

Centre Hawf
10-08-2018, 02:22 PM
I dont want us to get into a situation where we see ourselves as a club who should rest players for a big midweek game, the league is still the main competition and 3 points on Sunday will give us an even bigger boost going into the second leg than a drab loss. Keep the momentum going, rest who has niggles, but a part from that we should be seeing a full strength squad in my opinion.

Hibs 16
10-08-2018, 03:00 PM
Few players needing match fitness and other needing handled with niggles.

Laidlaw

Boyle

Ambrose
Porteous
Hanlon

Stevenson

Bartley
Slivka
Hyndman

Mclaren
Shaw

biscuitersed75
10-08-2018, 03:02 PM
I'd give Lewis Allan a chance, from the bench at least. He's fully fit and champing at the bit to show what he can do.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

hfc rd
10-08-2018, 04:07 PM
Laidlaw

Whittaker
Ambrose
Porteous
Hanlon
Stevenson

Hyndman
Slivka
Swanson

Shaw
Maclaren

B.H.F.C
10-08-2018, 04:28 PM
I'd give Lewis Allan a chance, from the bench at least. He's fully fit and champing at the bit to show what he can do.

Would be surprised if he is anywhere near the first team at all this year.

Unseen work
10-08-2018, 04:28 PM
..........Laidlaw........

.........Efe.....Porteous....Hanlon....

Boyle.....Hyndman...Whittikar....Mackie

....................Swanson........

...........MacLaren......Shaw

Really think Slivka and bartley could do with the rest for next week.

Borderhibbie76
10-08-2018, 04:39 PM
..........Laidlaw........

.........Efe.....Porteous....Hanlon....

Boyle.....Hyndman...Whittikar....Mackie

....................Swanson........

...........MacLaren......Shaw

Really think Slivka and bartley could do with the rest for next week.Bartley has only played 2 games and Slivka needs to get his fitness up so for me both start

Unseen work
10-08-2018, 04:44 PM
Bartley has only played 2 games and Slivka needs to get his fitness up so for me both start

Bartley said himself he was blowing after about 60 minutes against mortherwell and Slivka is looking tired imo due to the amount of games he has played.

Rest both so they池e fully fit and raring to go for Thursday.

B.H.F.C
10-08-2018, 04:46 PM
Bartley said himself he was blowing after about 60 minutes against mortherwell and Slivka is looking tired imo due to the amount of games he has played.

Rest both so they池e fully fit and raring to go for Thursday.

Be quite surprised if Bartley plays. Not had a lot of football and went off last night because he was done in. I think he値l be kept for the away leg.

Centre Hawf
10-08-2018, 05:20 PM
I think the difference with Bartley is that he's been a spectator for much of this pre season/europa run and probably is still getting to a match fitness level that is required hence why he was burst after an hour last night, bare in mind he also barely kicked a ball from about April onwards. Another hour or so at St Johnstone will go a long way to getting him ready for next week imo. Slivka I'm not sure about, he's in an out a lot but does play games so can't say if it's general fatigue or lack of match fitness.

Mr_F
10-08-2018, 05:52 PM
Laidlaw

Ambrose
Porteous
Hanlon

Boyle
Slivka
Mallan
Hyndman
Stevenson

Kamberi
MacLaren

biscuitersed75
10-08-2018, 06:44 PM
Would be surprised if he is anywhere near the first team at all this year.Why is that?

Onceinawhile
10-08-2018, 06:49 PM
Laidlaw

Porteous
Hanlon
Ambrose

Gray
Stevenson

Whittaker
Mallan
Hyndman

Shaw
Boyle

Give Maclaren half an hour or so, same with swanson.