PDA

View Full Version : Ambrose

Sprouleflyer
09-08-2018, 09:51 PM
He was immense tonight, showed his experience in bucket loads tonight.

My man of the match.

JohnM1875
09-08-2018, 09:53 PM
Totally agree. Showed his class tonight and was a joy to watch.

JeMeSouviens
09-08-2018, 09:53 PM
Just about perfect. When he’s on his game he looks a class apart.

whereswallace?
09-08-2018, 09:54 PM
Man of the match for me. Big guy just oozes class, plays in his slippers at times. The fact he doesn’t know what he’s doing next also adds a bit of excitement to things!!

The Harp Awakes
09-08-2018, 09:55 PM
He was immense tonight, showed his experience in bucket loads tonight.

My man of the match.

Efe was superb tonight. Becoming a cult hero with the Hibs fans. Never a dull moment with him.

Danderhall Hibs
09-08-2018, 09:57 PM
He was superb. I thought him and Gray were our best players tonight.

calumhibee1
09-08-2018, 09:57 PM
Man of the match for me. Big guy just oozes class, plays in his slippers at times. The fact he doesn’t know what he’s doing next also adds a bit of excitement to things!!

Definitely, when he's at it he's absolutely imperious and tonight was one of those nights. Superb.

gaz1875
09-08-2018, 09:58 PM
Best game for a long time, concentrated the whole match and nothing to rash :thumbsup:

wookie70
09-08-2018, 09:58 PM
No idea if he is told where to stand at corners but we had 4 marking 5 and Ambrose standing 5-10 yards away. Apart from losing the ball cheaply after a fantastic run he was pretty flawless tonight. I had Porteous as my Man of the Match but Efe wasn't that far behind.

SChibs
09-08-2018, 10:13 PM
No idea if he is told where to stand at corners but we had 4 marking 5 and Ambrose standing 5-10 yards away. Apart from losing the ball cheaply after a fantastic run he was pretty flawless tonight. I had Porteous as my Man of the Match but Efe wasn't that far behind.

It seems to be efe that heads away every corner that the opposition take these days. Not sure if he's told just to stand wherever and attack the ball when it comes in

CathroMustStay
09-08-2018, 10:14 PM
Outstanding tonight!

Take a bow Efe!

:flag:

Tricla
09-08-2018, 10:16 PM
He was my mom. Ryan was a close second.

DickieDastardly
09-08-2018, 10:16 PM
Yes MoM for me also, thought he read the game superbly tonight. Didn’t want to mention it to my sons during the game in case it jinxed it....:greengrin

Criswell
09-08-2018, 10:19 PM
Has his critics, but tonight was immense. Thought the whole defence coped very well, Laidlaw had practically nothing to do all evening.

CMurdoch
09-08-2018, 10:19 PM
I love watching the guy.
We are incredibly lucky to have him.

jakedance
09-08-2018, 10:26 PM
My man of the match too. He had a very good game. He doesn’t make me feel very relaxed though.

SMAXXA
09-08-2018, 10:26 PM
I love watching the guy.
We are incredibly lucky to have him.

Totally agree

Sir David Gray
09-08-2018, 10:28 PM
The guy's brilliant to watch. For every so called "Efe moment" we get 9 or 10 moments of magic.

I think he's quality.

Wee Effen Bee
09-08-2018, 10:28 PM

Wait, what? He was your Ma? Now there’s a story and a half. Tell her/him from me s/he was immense tonight.😁

ballengeich
09-08-2018, 10:51 PM
He was outstanding tonight without any of the occasional serious blunders that come in when he loses concentration.

snooky
09-08-2018, 10:56 PM

Same for me.

cabbageandribs1875
09-08-2018, 10:57 PM
hopefully here for the whole of the season, probably slim chance of an extension i imagine

Jdawg
09-08-2018, 11:01 PM
Ryan needs to lean to be calm, but a great prospect and he was also very assured at times. A future international!

Efe on form, oozes class,underatted when he calms the play right down, as it gives us time to reposition and build from the back. Hates to hoof it and at times he’s looking for the easy pass but no one is on the same wavelength.

NorthNorfolkHFC
09-08-2018, 11:01 PM
Defo needs a song.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IWasThere2016
09-08-2018, 11:37 PM
Was strolling at times tonight. Class.

California-Hibs
10-08-2018, 12:13 AM
Some fans will come out with crap like 'cash in. I'd drive him there for free' etc. Not got a clue! Lucky to have him, had a great game.

Unseen work
10-08-2018, 12:14 AM
The amount of attacks he starts is massively undervalued.

shetlandhibee
10-08-2018, 01:17 AM
He was superb. I thought him and Gray were our best players tonight.
Definatly:agree::top marks

Hulk1875
10-08-2018, 01:37 AM
Definatly:agree::top marks

He’s due a nightmare 😂

Centre Hawf
10-08-2018, 02:42 AM
He'll have his moments, but what people have to understand that in the big games and in the long haul we're a far better side for having him.

adhibs
10-08-2018, 05:13 AM
My motm too. Put in a brilliant performance.

PompeyHibs
10-08-2018, 05:28 AM
EfeAmbrose
Sha la la la la

Efe Ambrose....

Sha la la la la la la.... efe Ambrose

PompeyHibs
10-08-2018, 05:30 AM
Prob best centre half ive seen at Easter Road in my life time....
International, fast , Quality 🕺

SirDavidsNapper
10-08-2018, 05:30 AM
So important to us when he plays like that. Class.

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2018, 06:40 AM
We still have an element of our support who dont really understand football, folk who'd rather we signed someone who just booted the ball out the park, rather than be calm and assured, and someone who starts our attacks by retaining the ball in difficult positions.

Dylan did it a little further up the park, and we were/are a better team with these types of players than without them.

He has his moments, but he has them because he's trying to play football. he's trying to be creative and start us off from the back.

Sometimes i too wish he's just clear his lines, but 99% of the time he makes me look stupid by doing something wonderful, and not only me, but he's made his opponent look daft too.

Of course when it does go wrong, it can lead to a goal, but jeezus, the good outweighs the bad here twice over in spades.

If he did not make the odd mistake, he'd be the first player in history not to do so. I remember we signed Colin Murdoch for example, and plenty others like him. He was the level of player we were signing at that time, and he even got us to a cup final.

But five me an Efe every time over players like him or Ohanlon. or Dicko or any others we've signed who dont like to take risks.

We are a team now who like to play football, and this is all over the park, long may it continue. :top marks

CallumLaidlaw
10-08-2018, 06:45 AM
We still have an element of our support who dont really understand football, folk who'd rather we signed someone who just booted the ball out the park, rather than be calm and assured, and someone who starts our attacks by retaining the ball in difficult positions.

Dylan did it a little further up the park, and we were/are a better team with these types of players than without them.

He has his moments, but he has them because he's trying to play football. he's trying to be creative and start us off from the back.

Sometimes i too wish he's just clear his lines, but 99% of the time he makes me look stupid by doing something wonderful, and not only me, but he's made his opponent look daft too.

Of course when it does go wrong, it can lead to a goal, but jeezus, the good outweighs the bad here twice over in spades.

If he did not make the odd mistake, he'd be the first player in history not to do so. I remember we signed Colin Murdoch for example, and plenty others like him. He was the level of player we were signing at that time, and he even got us to a cup final.

But five me an Efe every time over players like him or Ohanlon. or Dicko or any others we've signed who dont like to take risks.

We are a team now who like to play football, and this is all over the park, long may it continue. :top marks

Agree with all of that BH. He made one pass to an invisible player last night but apart from that he was pretty flawless. A classy footballer that creates space for his team mates and is great at getting out of trouble at the last second. Same folk that don’t appreciate Efe probably thought that Bamba was a bombscare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CropleyWasGod
10-08-2018, 06:56 AM
He's an entertainer, the kind of guy we love paying to watch.

Late on last night, he went on a mazy run, beat a few.... And then ****ed it up. Folk around me fell about. [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

heretoday
10-08-2018, 06:59 AM
Classy last night with no lapses in concentration, or at least none that resulted in catastrophe.

we are hibs
10-08-2018, 07:11 AM
Every time he goes on a mazy run he gives the ball away at the end. One day he will do a malonga though... he's got to surely?

jacomo
10-08-2018, 07:16 AM
I love Efe. How can you not?

Danderhall Hibs
10-08-2018, 07:35 AM

It’s funny - we were saying the same at the game last night. There are less and less of them but they still lurk.

Onion
10-08-2018, 07:55 AM
His best game for Hibs in ages. When he plays like that, he's international class.