PDA

View Full Version : Boyle

SChibs
09-08-2018, 09:42 PM
I thought boyle played well tonight but I feel he is so much more effective when he plays on the right and commits players down the line. He's a great out ball down there imo. Felt like McLaren should have came on earlier for someone else and boyle pushed to that right hand side.

Scooter
09-08-2018, 09:44 PM
I thought boyle played well tonight but I feel he is so much more eff3ctive when he plays on the right and commits players down the line. He's a great out ball down there imo. Felt like McLaren should have came on earlier for someone else and boyle pushed to that right hand side.

I think Lennon has a bit decision to make. I agree Boyle is more effective wide but who do you drop to accommodate that

BOB MARLEYS DUG
Boyle as Agyepong on the wings will be some viewing IMO.

GlesgaeHibby
I thought boyle played well tonight but I feel he is so much more eff3ctive when he plays on the right and commits players down the line. He's a great out ball down there imo. Felt like McLaren should have came on earlier for someone else and boyle pushed to that right hand side.

Agree he's effective down the wing, and would have like to have seen McLaren stretching the defence and opening up space. But, with a back 5 and Gray playing well at RWB it makes it difficult to justify playing him wide right.

hibee_girl
09-08-2018, 09:47 PM

:agree:

We were crying out for McLaren to come on from about 70 minutes, not sure what the point is in only bringing him on in the 90th minute.

Ozyhibby
09-08-2018, 09:49 PM
Three at the back makes it hard to play wingers unless they play as wing backs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speedy
09-08-2018, 09:49 PM
Agree. Much better on the right.

We're missing something at the moment that would allow us to play Boyle wide right; imo we need either a left winger (Agyepong?) or someone to play centre back that we trust either right of a back 3 with Boyle wing back or a partner for Hanlon in a back 4.

Dunfyhibee
09-08-2018, 09:50 PM
Lenny is gonna have to change the system to accommodate Boyle, he's one of our best and most effective players every week

calumhibee1
09-08-2018, 09:52 PM
Boyle can play on the right of a 3-5-2 fairly well but SDG has been exceptional since getting back into the team so he won't be taking that position from him. Other than as a striker, which is definitely not his best position, I'm not sure where he'll fit in. Maybe worth considering a 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3?

Tyler Durden
09-08-2018, 09:57 PM
Once Maclaren is fully fit Boyle will revert to RWB and Gray will drop out, harsh but inevitable IMO.

Whatever happens in Europe we’ll still have a lot of games, with the League Cup on the horizon, so we’ll be rotating anyway and Gray will get his share of games.

calumhibee1
09-08-2018, 09:58 PM
Once Maclaren is fully fit Boyle will revert to RWB and Gray will drop out, harsh but inevitable IMO.

Whatever happens in Europe we’ll still have a lot of games, with the League Cup on the horizon, so we’ll be rotating anyway and Gray will get his share of games.

The way Gray is playing there is absolutely no chance he can drop out IMO.

NorthRoadHibee
09-08-2018, 09:59 PM

100% this, he’s been like a new signing.

hibbysam
09-08-2018, 10:03 PM
4-4-2 - straight forward. Two wingers with Boyle and the new boy. Mallan and Slivka in the middle. Flo and Mac up front.

calumhibee1
09-08-2018, 10:03 PM
100% this, he’s been like a new signing.

Definitely, his performances the last few games have been absolutely colossal. Gives us a great out ball for Hanlon to switch onto that beautiful baldy napper on the corner of the opponents box aswell.

Springbank
09-08-2018, 10:05 PM
4-4-2 - straight forward. Two wingers with Boyle and the new boy. Mallan and Slivka in the middle. Flo and Mac up front.

slivka is not up to a starting berth.

Dancehibs
09-08-2018, 10:05 PM

Mallan and Slivka would get run all over. Both weak defensively.

Danderhall Hibs
09-08-2018, 10:06 PM
I thought Boyle and Kamberi struggled tonight. Surprised he got sponsors MOM.

houstonhibbee
09-08-2018, 10:06 PM
Lenny is gonna have to change the system to accommodate Boyle, he's one of our best and most effective players every week

We played a pretty makeshift formation/ selection tonight while the changes in personnel bed in.........we did have much option

col02
09-08-2018, 10:13 PM
Hibs will interchange easily between 3-5-2 and 4-2-3-1 depending on the quality of opposition. Team will be full of pace, strength, desire, skill and work rate.

DickieDastardly
09-08-2018, 10:28 PM
SDG is playing superbly at the moment plus he is a fine captain who has a straight no nonsense attitude.

Had a fantastic first touch in the second half when his first touch knocked a searing crossfield pass past the left back to get in behind.

SMAXXA
09-08-2018, 10:29 PM
Three at the back makes it hard to play wingers unless they play as wing backs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think just now it’s more the personnel driving the formation if we have wingers available and 2 strikers up to speed I’d say it may change. Sure he will still use the 352 at times tho as like has been said boyles did well in that full back position in the 5

GreenNWhiteArmy
09-08-2018, 10:33 PM

Yep. I thought the same

hibee_girl
09-08-2018, 10:38 PM

:agree: Same here

Kamberi looked to have injured his arm at one point in the 2nd half, was surprised he was kept on after that.

hibbysam
09-08-2018, 10:39 PM
Mallan and Slivka would get run all over. Both weak defensively.

Mallan has shown nothing to say he’s weak defensively. He’s enjoys getting stuck in and starting attacks from deep and Slivka is very assured on the ball. However, I can’t see him going 4-4-2 anyway. More than likely one up front with 3 in behind with Hyndman and the two wingers, with Mallan deeper with Marv. Can’t see Boyle starting up front in front of Maclaren for too long so he may have to drop Gray if he sticks with 3 at the back.

Good thing is we now have a lot of options.

Greenbeard
09-08-2018, 10:40 PM
slivka is not up to a starting berth.
Game of two halves from Slivka. Thought he did really well first half. Mostly anon second.

SMAXXA
09-08-2018, 10:50 PM
Game of two halves from Slivka. Thought he did really well first half. Mostly anon second.

Funny cause I thought the opposite sat off them looked leggy first half had more drive and energy second and got higher up the park. All about opinions tho 👍

snooky
09-08-2018, 11:05 PM
:agree:

We were crying out for McLaren to come on from about 70 minutes, not sure what the point is in only bringing him on in the 90th minute.

Unless Lennie was playing for time it made no sense at all. Neither did playing for time, come to think of it. if

snooky
09-08-2018, 11:07 PM

Started off well then drifted into obscurity. Needs to rev up his engine IMO.

Borderhibbie76
09-08-2018, 11:11 PM

Whatever happens in Europe we’ll still have a lot of games, with the League Cup on the horizon, so we’ll be rotating anyway and Gray will get his share of games.No way can we drop SDG on current form...not a chance

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

snooky
09-08-2018, 11:14 PM

Very disappointed in Kamberi tonight. To be fair, he was only fed scraps. Nevertheless, he didn't do anything with them. Not sure if he was 100% fit though.

monktonharp
09-08-2018, 11:14 PM
if Boyle had a first touch like our 2 wing backs tonight, he'd be a world beater with his speed. I do think he deserved MoM tonight though for his 100% effort. he had a great shot in the first half that might have gone in on another day. I do like him tearing down the right wing though, rather than centre/left or where he is placed over the last few games.

ian cruise
09-08-2018, 11:16 PM
Started off well then drifted into obscurity. Needs to review up his engine IMO.

Bear in mind this is probably his first real week in week out run at this level, certainly for a while, will take a little bit of to get to get used to that, both fitness and concentration wise.

monktonharp
09-08-2018, 11:16 PM
4-4-2 - straight forward. Two wingers with Boyle and the new boy. Mallan and Slivka in the middle. Flo and Mac up front.which new boy? we did het a couple quite recently :wink:

shetlandhibee
09-08-2018, 11:24 PM
:top marksyip thats the way im seeing it so far this season ,Grays been one of our biggest threats and undropable IMO as well:agree:

Greenbeard
09-08-2018, 11:29 PM
Very disappointed in Kamberi tonight. To be fair, he was only fed scraps. Nevertheless, he didn't do anything with them. Not sure if he was 100% fit though.
Can't fault Flo's effort. Too many half-speculative punts up to him, not enough to his feet. Nor can you fault Boyler's effort, but MOM? A few times down the left first half he didn't attack wide as aggressively as he would have done down the right.
Want to see the Kamberi/McLaren partnership back. Consequence will be changes elsewhere. But if we are going to play with one up and Boyle supporting then ultimately I think I'd rather it was McLaren on his own, who can give a tad more movement and sharpness once he is ready. Great to have options tho - as long as everyone on the park knows what they are meant to be doing!

MWHIBBIES
09-08-2018, 11:44 PM
4-4-2 - straight forward. Two wingers with Boyle and the new boy. Mallan and Slivka in the middle. Flo and Mac up front.Or stick with 3-5-2 that has seen us lose 2 games all year?

heretoday
10-08-2018, 07:05 AM
Boyle was positioned in the centre for most of the second half. Why?
His wing speed is his special skill and with Molde tiring he'd have been better deployed on the right wing.

we are hibs
10-08-2018, 07:08 AM
Thought Boyle was poor. He isn't a striker. Yet he's not going to replace Gray with the form he is in.

hibbysam
10-08-2018, 08:16 AM
Or stick with 3-5-2 that has seen us lose 2 games all year?

I said that in a later post. That one was in reply to someone saying Gray couldn’t be dropped and Boyle needs to play on the right so a conundrum, it was a solution to that.

Only thing that’ll be interesting about the 3-5-2 is when the Man City boy is available, there’s no room for a left winger in that formation. But like I said it’s great to have those options to change it up.

J-C
10-08-2018, 08:27 AM
3-5-2 limits us going forward at times, Lennon likes 2 up top and the modern way is to use all out attacking wingbacks or converted wingers, our big problem is when fit Gray is a very good wingback and Boyle isn't quite good enough to play up top. I don't know if he's playing this system just to fit in his old mate Efe, who played fairly well last night but still has the odd lapse like the pass to no one which lost our initiative and they ended up getting a corner, that Efe moment we get every game. We have Boyle, Agyepong ( seemingly ) and by all accounts Lennon wants another winger, if this is the case no way we can continue with 3 at the back, we'll need to move to a 4-3-3 or something similar.

Jones28
10-08-2018, 08:28 AM
It's a really good problem to have, like others have said it gives us extra options and means we aren't playing people out of position.

.Sean.
10-08-2018, 09:00 AM
A midfield of Boyle Slivka Mallan and Agyepong is just missing something for me. Individually all good players but I’m not sure how much dig they’d have collectively

B.H.F.C
10-08-2018, 09:06 AM
3-5-2 limits us going forward at times, Lennon likes 2 up top and the modern way is to use all out attacking wingbacks or converted wingers, our big problem is when fit Gray is a very good wingback and Boyle isn't quite good enough to play up top. I don't know if he's playing this system just to fit in his old mate Efe, who played fairly well last night but still has the odd lapse like the pass to no one which lost our initiative and they ended up getting a corner, that Efe moment we get every game. We have Boyle, Agyepong ( seemingly ) and by all accounts Lennon wants another winger, if this is the case no way we can continue with 3 at the back, we'll need to move to a 4-3-3 or something similar.

Not so sure 352 limits us going forward at all. Up until last night we’ve scored 6 in both games against the Faroes team. 3 at home to Asteras and scored away from home. 3 in our first league game. Chuck in the number of goals we scored towards the end of last season. It’s not very often we fail to score.

J-C
10-08-2018, 09:13 AM
Not so sure 352 limits us going forward at all. Up until last night we’ve scored 6 in both games against the Faroes team. 3 at home to Asteras and scored away from home. 3 in our first league game. Chuck in the number of goals we scored towards the end of last season. It’s not very often we fail to score.

It can limit us when everyone is fit and available, how do we fit in Boyle, MacLaren, Agyepong, Hyndman, and any new players we get into the starting line up. 3 at the back works well when the wingbacks are top notch wingers, the final balls by Gray and Lewis still leave a lot to be desired and I feel they're better fullbacks than wingbacks. All subjective and opinions, I just feel we have players who suit 4 at the back rather than 3, having 4 allows us to have the extra midfielder/striker.

RN Hibee
10-08-2018, 09:26 AM
Cannot believe people are actually suggesting we should change from a system that has seen us undefeated throughout 6 competitive fixtures already this season and coincided with the best run of form we have seen from Hibs in a long time in the second half of last season. We absolutely 100% stick with the 3-5-2 and let the players battle it out for who deserves a spot, even if that means Boyle, Gray or Maclaren has to start on the bench. Changing from a successful system just to accommodate everyone we would like to see play is a recipe for disaster.