PDA

View Full Version : Less than 30 Molde fans?

G B Young
09-08-2018, 09:31 PM
I'd have thought a trip to Edinburgh might have proved a more attractive proposition but then I don't really know what size of fan base they have. What sort of crowds do they get at home? Hopefully another decent Hibs support in Norway next week will drum up an atmosphere that will help get us through the tie. Another great turnout by the Hibs support though given how many big games are coming thick and fast. What are we averaging at home for these Euro ties? About 15k? Way more than we'd have been getting if we'd been playing in the Betfred Cup group stages instead. Must be a good boost to the club coffers.

GloryGlory
09-08-2018, 09:39 PM
I'd have thought a trip to Edinburgh might have proved a more attractive proposition but then I don't really know what size of fan base they have. What sort of crowds do they get at home? Hopefully another decent Hibs support in Norway next week will drum up an atmosphere that will help get us through the tie. Another great turnout by the Hibs support though given how many big games are coming thick and fast. What are we averaging at home for these Euro ties? About 15k? Way more than we'd have been getting if we'd been playing in the Betfred Cup group stages instead. Must be a good boost to the club coffers.

Think it was about 40-45. Maybe difficult to get accommodation at quite short notice because of the Festival?

whereswallace?
09-08-2018, 09:41 PM
I counted 41, that’s not accounting for anyone away for a piss or a pie!

G B Young
09-08-2018, 09:41 PM
Think it was about 40-45. Maybe difficult to get accommodation at quite short notice because of the Festival?

Yes, that's a fair point.

jonny
09-08-2018, 09:47 PM

Their average home gate last season was about 7800.
Like you, I'd have expected a couple of hundred to make the trip.

Peevemor
09-08-2018, 09:52 PM
I've no idea about Norway, but in many countries it can be very difficult to get the odd day off work outwith 'blocks' of holidays.

The_Horde
09-08-2018, 09:53 PM
Festival prices with the flights maybe too.

One Day
09-08-2018, 09:55 PM

That's a very good point

Peevemor
09-08-2018, 10:02 PM
I've no idea about Norway, but in many countries it can be very difficult to get the odd day off work outwith 'blocks' of holidays.If I'm understanding this correctly, Norwegians get 4 weeks holiday per year, which they have to take in a block of 3 weeks and a block of 1 week.

http://www.nyinorge.no/en/Ny-i-Norge-velg-sprak/New-in-Norway/Work/Employment/Holidays-and-holiday-pay/

BullsCloseHibs
09-08-2018, 10:25 PM
Saw two guys sitting together well away from the little huddle of Norwegian fans..... Looked like Window licking Potter fans.

murray26
10-08-2018, 12:12 AM
Shan support.. but they are in the middle of nowhere and probably think they have a easy passage to the next round.. must admit it pisses me off that a club the size of Ross County can compete so well at this level..

Austinho
10-08-2018, 02:07 AM
I wonder how many fans we’d take to qualifiers if we ended up in Europe almost every season?

PompeyHibs
10-08-2018, 05:33 AM
We are Hibernian fc
We hate jam tarts and we hate Dundee
We will fight were ever we will be but we are yer famous HFC...xx

Ringothedog
10-08-2018, 05:45 AM
I wonder how many fans we’d take to qualifiers if we ended up in Europe almost every season?

My guess would be about 300-400

Forza Fred
10-08-2018, 06:06 AM
Cost of accommodation at festival time would undoubtedly deter many....know from personal experience!

Coco Bryce
10-08-2018, 06:27 AM
100% there would be absolutely nowhere for them to stay.

I would imagine everyone of their fans that came over were all staying in 2 bedroom AirBnb in Muirhouse.

Since90+2
10-08-2018, 06:32 AM

I would imagine everyone of their fans that came over were all staying in 2 bedroom AirBnb in Muirhouse.

Not at all. I mentioned on another thread it's a myth hotels are completely full during the month of August. If you go onto booking.com now you would be able to book a city centre hotel on any night of this month including weekends , the rates are higher though due to demand.

Nameless
10-08-2018, 06:32 AM
Shan support.. but they are in the middle of nowhere and probably think they have a easy passage to the next round.. must admit it pisses me off that a club the size of Ross County can compete so well at this level..They have a mega rich sugar daddy which helps.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

NadeAteMyLunch!
10-08-2018, 08:09 AM
Not at all. I mentioned on another thread it's a myth hotels are completely full during the month of August. If you go onto booking.com now you would be able to book a city centre hotel on any night of this month including weekends , the rates are higher though due to demand.

I’d also wager that if there was a significant festival on in Molde at the moment limiting rooms, we’d still take hundreds over next week who would just hope for the best when they get there [emoji38] We take a battering in this country for our support but this European run shows again that we are so well better supported than a number of countries.

green day
10-08-2018, 08:15 AM

Afraid you are wrong, there is plenty of accommodation in the city - hotel / guest house / b&b and airbnb if you can be bothered looking.

Their travel, food and drink and accommodation costs would be a fraction of the cost I am paying in Norway next week.

No excuse - kinda like a Bournemouth, small club, crap support with a lot of TV or commercial money.

Brightside
10-08-2018, 08:28 AM
I bumped into 2 last night that were sleeping ina rental car. This thread lacks class

Crazyhorse
10-08-2018, 02:12 PM
Shan support.. but they are in the middle of nowhere and probably think they have a easy passage to the next round.. must admit it pisses me off that a club the size of Ross County can compete so well at this level..

The important thing is that the blazers belonging to the organisations which run Scottish football are working hard to address this and not just working hard to:
- maintain their blazer endowing privileges
- dream up new ways to suck up to the bigot brothers
- screw over smaller teams which fall foul of regulations while avoiding applying penalties equally
etc. etc.

OsloHibs
10-08-2018, 03:58 PM
A good crowd for them is 6000 at home. Molde is a small place in Norway away up in the mountains, and well done to anyone who travelled over. Let's not knock them.

Simkin911
10-08-2018, 04:05 PM
Bumped into 2-3 middle aged fans on the way to the car after the match. They gave my 7 yr old son their Molde flags and said ‘hope to see you next week’’.

Nice touch. 👍

WeeRussell
10-08-2018, 05:30 PM
A good crowd for them is 6000 at home. Molde is a small place in Norway away up in the mountains, and well done to anyone who travelled over. Let's not knock them.

Yep. We should be proud and encouraged by the big crowds we take abroad.. not having a go or being concerned about lower attendances from other teams.

lord bunberry
10-08-2018, 06:04 PM
Saw two guys sitting together well away from the little huddle of Norwegian fans..... Looked like Window licking Potter fans.
I was in the south last night. At half time I was out the back and around 6 fans were brought round from the Molde section because they’d entered by the wrong turnstiles.

McrHibee
10-08-2018, 06:05 PM
Me and a mate drove up from near Manchester yesterday, got to the match a couple of minutes into the game, and 'kipped' in the car near Portobello til about 5.30/6am then headed back. Feeling it now but the things we do for football eh.

LancashireHibby
10-08-2018, 06:14 PM
Me and a mate drove up from near Manchester yesterday, got to the match a couple of minutes into the game, and 'kipped' in the car near Portobello til about 5.30/6am then headed back. Feeling it now but the things we do for football eh.

Not much help to you now, but there’s a train to Manchester Airport via Piccadilly that leaves Waverley at 22:13 on a weeknight. Quite a few of us on it last night.

HFCcammy1875
10-08-2018, 07:23 PM
Was speaking to a couple in the pub before the game said they only get about 6/7k

McrHibee
10-08-2018, 09:04 PM
Not much help to you now, but there’s a train to Manchester Airport via Piccadilly that leaves Waverley at 22:13 on a weeknight. Quite a few of us on it last night.

Nice one pal, I usually get the cheap direct train from Warrington but will definitely keep this in mind for future trips.

Flynn
10-08-2018, 09:16 PM
I was sitting in the 2nd last row of the South and there was 2 guys on holiday for the festival from Kazakhstan. Was speaking to them all game despite them knowing very little English. I tried to explain there had been 33 goals in last 5 home games so 0-0 is a very unusual result for us.

They were chanting 'Hibees! Hibees!' by the end of the game. Think they enjoyed it and we've got 2 new fans.

I was expecting Molde to bring a couple of hundred at least. Did Runavik have more fans?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

O'Rourke3
10-08-2018, 09:28 PM
Isn't complaining about the size of the opposition support a Hearts trait?

The Pointer
11-08-2018, 06:41 PM

Wish I could have kipped but had work. 9 hours away from home, 7 hours driving. Got home at 12:50. Knackered on Friday.