PDA

View Full Version : Is it a competition between singing section and east stand for singing rites?

Steviep73
09-08-2018, 07:30 PM
The atmosphere is crap

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

SRHibs
09-08-2018, 07:32 PM
Yeah that move was a really bad idea.

IGRIGI
09-08-2018, 07:34 PM
It's hard to think of a worse place to put the singing section.

SChibs
09-08-2018, 07:35 PM
It's hard to think of a worse place to put the singing section.

Where do you sit? Why not join the section and help spread it across the top of the famous 5?

superbam
09-08-2018, 07:37 PM
The atmosphere is crap

Have you actively contributed towards the atmosphere yourself?
Sounds OK on the telly, typical nervy first half of the first leg. Don't mean to have a go but the atmosphere is not a service that is provided by other folk, Since1875 lads do more than their bit

RIP
09-08-2018, 07:38 PM
We have two Singing Sections. Both will develop as the season progresses. They will combine to make Easter Road a formidable place for away teams this season.

SChibs
09-08-2018, 07:40 PM
Sounds OK on the telly, typical nervy first half of the first leg. Don't mean to have a go but the atmosphere is not a service that is provided by other folk, Since1875 lads do more than their bit

That's the problem, people are actively trying to help the section by we have people doing nothing moaning about it.

IGRIGI
09-08-2018, 07:40 PM
Where do you sit? Why not join the section and help spread it across the top of the famous 5?

On my sofa in France :greengrin

Steviep73
09-08-2018, 07:50 PM
On the east and to me it's one song from the singing section then a minute later it's the same song from the east

RIP
09-08-2018, 07:53 PM
On the east and to me it's one song from the singing section then a minute later it's the same song from the east

Surround sound! Fabulous 👍

Sammy7nil
10-08-2018, 07:32 AM

I agree they try their best but it just aint happening. I wonder if the diversity of the crowd ie young old, male female and children does not help.
Unfortunaetly I have been watching hibs for 50 years and I think my days of adding to the atmosphere are fading fast.

green&left
10-08-2018, 07:51 AM
I agree they try their best but it just aint happening. I wonder if the diversity of the crowd ie young old, male female and children does not help.
Unfortunaetly I have been watching hibs for 50 years and I think my days of adding to the atmosphere are fading fast.

Which is why you need a central dedicated section for like-minded people. Happens everywhere on the continent, **** no's why UK Clubs havn't taken it on board yet...

WeeRussell
10-08-2018, 08:01 AM
Which is why you need a central dedicated section for like-minded people. Happens everywhere on the continent, **** no's why UK Clubs havn't taken it on board yet...

Brexit means brexit?

allezsauzee
10-08-2018, 08:05 AM
I don't see that behind the goals is such a bad place for the singing to emanate from. It seems to work ok for the likes of Leeds and Liverpool and it's definitely ok for the other parts of the stadium to join in!

wallpaperman
10-08-2018, 08:33 AM
I was in the far end of the west upper so opposite end from the singing section and I thought they did a great job. OK, so it wasn't really loud from where I was, but those guys are dedicated.

And the east stand did a good good job in joining in, they sounded loud from opposite where I was.

Considering the game was tight, chances more limited than some games, the atmosphere seemed fine.

Carheenlea
10-08-2018, 08:34 AM
I think we are making too big a deal on atmosphere in the stadium. For me, atmosphere in a stadium is more about singing songs. Thought the atmosphere matched the game last night - decent, but not at full throttle. Score, or win the game and the noise levels would have been through the roof. Moving groups of people to certain areas of the stadium to try and force an atmosphere is fine, but the atmosphere will largely be led by what’s happening on the pitch.

SRHibs
10-08-2018, 08:39 AM
I think we are making too big a deal on atmosphere in the stadium. For me, atmosphere in a stadium is more about singing songs. Thought the atmosphere matched the game last night - decent, but not at full throttle. Score, or win the game and the noise levels would have been through the roof. Moving groups of people to certain areas of the stadium to try and force an atmosphere is fine, but the atmosphere will largely be led by what’s happening on the pitch.

If there’s no atmsosphere at the games then we’d be as well just sitting at home and watching it on the TV.

I do kind of agree with your point. Section 43 was the natural area for the singing section, both new and old guard, though. I get what they were trying to do, but it’s literally the worst part of the stadium they could be situated, IMO. From my seat in the East half the time all I can hear is the mind-numbing beat of a drum.

mutley
10-08-2018, 08:51 AM
How about this, above the singing section, have a couple of suspended / directional microphones, and then relay the singing through the PA system, then I am sure people would join in, AND then all areas of the stadium will be on the same songs at the same time.

Carheenlea
10-08-2018, 08:54 AM
If there’s no atmsosphere at the games then we’d be as well just sitting at home and watching it on the TV.

I do kind of agree with your point. Section 43 was the natural area for the singing section, both new and old guard, though. I get what they were trying to do, but it’s literally the worst part of the stadium they could be situated, IMO. From my seat in the East half the time all I can hear is the mind-numbing beat of a drum.

I’m in West and hear it loud and clear. The problem probably is that the singing section sited next to the side screen and wall of the FF is reducing the amplification towards our most populated stand. Given the shape of the FF, the singing section in the area nearest Albion Road side might work better for noise out towards East Stand and still resonate into the West given the angles of the side screens at that side.

http://i63.tinypic.com/qz3bbs.jpg

SeanWilson
10-08-2018, 09:02 AM
Couldn't get our season ticket in the east so sat west lower last night for first time in years .... Wow it's as quiet.

I'm_cabbaged
10-08-2018, 09:04 AM
I’m in West and hear it loud and clear. The problem probably is that the singing section sited next to the side screen and wall of the FF is reducing the amplification towards our most populated stand. Given the shape of the FF, the singing section in the area nearest Albion Road side might work better for noise out towards East Stand and still resonate into the West given the angles of the side screens at that side.

http://i63.tinypic.com/qz3bbs.jpg

My st ticket is in 42 and all you can hear is the drum mostly. Occasionally go to the West and totally agree with all that you’re saying.

Austinho
10-08-2018, 09:17 AM
We literally build the East as a one tiered stand as it’s better for atmosphere. Seems a shame that the singing section isn’t there.

The other problem with the current location (other than sound not travelling) is it’s not indusive to other parts of the stadium joining in. It’s right up against a wall, so nobody on the left of them to join in the singing, there’s the corporate black seats 2 sections to the right of them, and then there is a big gap right in front of them down to the lower tier.

Being in the middle of any of the stands would instantly be an improvement - especially the lower tier, right behind the goals. Would be far better seeing them all bouncing and waving flags in a packed FF lower than all the gaps there at the moment. Would look better on TV too and encourage more to get involved.

Section 43 would be even better as there’s loads of packed sections left and right of them to join in and spread the noise.