PDA

View Full Version : Dinamo Minsk v Zenit St Petersburg

Jamesie
09-08-2018, 05:30 PM
Minsk 1-0 ahead with a goal on 12 minutes: after 31 minutes it remains 1-0.

SteveHFC
09-08-2018, 05:31 PM
2-0 Minsk

ED Hibee
09-08-2018, 05:31 PM
2-0 Minsk now

Hibernian32
09-08-2018, 05:32 PM
Oh yes

Diclonius
09-08-2018, 05:32 PM
Wow.

SteveHFC
09-08-2018, 05:33 PM
Holy ****

BegbieHSC
09-08-2018, 05:34 PM
****ing yass!

Aim Here
09-08-2018, 05:36 PM
If Minsk turn out to be able to give Zenit a super-serious doing tonight, they might not end up being our or Molde's preferred opposition in the next leg! Careful what you wish for!

Albanian Hibs
09-08-2018, 05:36 PM
Better put that visa app on hold

SteveHFC
09-08-2018, 05:39 PM
3-0

Hibernian32
09-08-2018, 05:40 PM
3-0

mike1875
3-0 :confused:

SRHibs
If Minsk turn out to be able to give Zenit a super-serious doing tonight, they might not end up being our or Molde's preferred opposition in the next leg! Careful what you wish for!

I still think, regardless of the result, if you look at both squads, the size of each club, and their European records, I’d take Minsk over Zenit 10 times out of 10.

Diclonius
09-08-2018, 05:41 PM
Actually I want Zenit to win now.

SRHibs
09-08-2018, 05:41 PM
WOW. Looks like Zenit have severely underestimated them.

makaveli1875
09-08-2018, 05:43 PM
You'd have to assume that Minsk are pretty decent ,anyways we need to get through Molde 1st for that result to mean anything

nonshinyfinish
09-08-2018, 05:46 PM
Jesus, looks like we would meet a really good team whatever happens. Better forget about it and focus on what's in front of us.

JimboHibs
09-08-2018, 05:48 PM
****ing yass!

Sober up.

lord bunberry
09-08-2018, 05:50 PM
Sober up.
Why. If we had the choice we’d choose Minsk. I’m delighted they’re winning.

Austinho
09-08-2018, 05:51 PM
You'd have to assume that Minsk are pretty decent ,anyways we need to get through Molde 1st for that result to mean anythingScrapped past Derry City 3-2 on aggregate in the last round. Won the 1st leg 2-0 away and lost 2-1 at home. Maybe we could surprise them.

H18 SFR
09-08-2018, 05:52 PM
3-0

Sergey
09-08-2018, 05:53 PM
3-0 HT and it's been all Minsk and the scoreline is about right. This could easily end up 4 or 5 to the home side who look very good.

Cracking atmosphere in a decent looking stadium. Zenit haven't mustered one shot on target.

lord bunberry
09-08-2018, 05:54 PM
3-0 HT and it's been all Minsk and the scoreline is about right. This could easily end up 4 or 5 to the home side who look very good.

Cracking atmosphere in a decent looking stadium. Zenit haven't mustered one shot on target.
Would Minsk be more up for it than normal given that it’s a Russian team they’re playing?

CathroMustStay
09-08-2018, 06:02 PM
Why. If we had the choice we’d choose Minsk. I’m delighted they’re winning.

Spot on.

Anyone Hibs fan actively wanting Zenit to progress is an imbecile.

jgl07
09-08-2018, 06:03 PM
No Belarus love the Russians.

Sir David Gray
09-08-2018, 06:13 PM
Would Minsk be more up for it than normal given that it’s a Russian team they’re playing?

Belarus and Russia are like North Korea and China, if not closer.

SteveHFC
09-08-2018, 06:24 PM
4-0 Minsk

john18722
09-08-2018, 06:24 PM
4-0

hfc rd
09-08-2018, 06:25 PM
Blimey!

Paul1642
09-08-2018, 06:25 PM
On one hand I’m glad we won’t face Zenit if we get through. On the other hand we have to face a team who are currently 4-0 vp bs Zenit 😶

EricStoner
09-08-2018, 06:27 PM
Their stadium was one I always wanted to go to in Soviet days. Huge mock-Roman amphitheatre in terracotta. A friend went there in the 90s. Said it was falling down, there was a market on the pitch, plenty of rough sleepers and reeked of piss. Assume it's a new ground.

H18 SFR
09-08-2018, 06:28 PM
4-0

SJNB Hibby
09-08-2018, 06:30 PM
Their stadium was one I always wanted to go to in Soviet days. Huge mock-Roman amphitheatre in terracotta. A friend went there in the 90s. Said it was falling down, there was a market on the pitch, plenty of rough sleepers and reeked of piss. Assume it's a new ground.

According to Wiki, Minsks only holds 16,500

CathroMustStay
09-08-2018, 06:32 PM
4-0

:thumbsup:

IGRIGI
09-08-2018, 06:35 PM
Huge sigh of relief down by the Russian visa office 😆

Albanian Hibs
09-08-2018, 07:35 PM
Remember and go incognito when searching for flights people

Albanian Hibs
09-08-2018, 07:41 PM

hibsbollah
09-08-2018, 07:47 PM
I don't know much about Minsk but this is a massive shock surely? Zenit have some fantastic players, ivanovic springs to mind.

nonshinyfinish
09-08-2018, 08:12 PM
I don't know much about Minsk but this is a massive shock surely? Zenit have some fantastic players, ivanovic springs to mind.

Apparently Minsk were 9/1 to progress before the game, so yes.

Should've lumped on…

Aldo
09-08-2018, 08:29 PM
Just in and noticed score. Mental

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IberianHibernian
09-08-2018, 09:01 PM
Not sure how important Europa League is to clubs with massive budgets aiming to win national leagues and / or qualify for Champions League .

SChibs
09-08-2018, 09:05 PM

Should've lumped on…

Zenit were 4/7 to win in 90 mins tonight! 5/1 for Minsk to win

hibsbollah
09-08-2018, 09:06 PM
Not sure how important Europa League is to clubs with massive budgets aiming to win national leagues and / or qualify for Champions League .

I imagine it will be massively important for a team like Zenit. You earn millions for a prolonged run in the competition, there isn't that much money in the Russian domestic league compared to the big leagues and the prestige is still very high.

GloryGlory
09-08-2018, 09:08 PM

Should've lumped on…

Should be a stewards' enquiry with that result.
Wonder what the odds will be for a Zenit 5-0 next week?

Jamesie
09-08-2018, 09:10 PM
According to Wiki, Minsks only holds 16,500

It's probably the same stadium Scotland played in back in 2005. I've heard from friends who have been back since then that the place has changed somewhat, but I still remember crossing the border from Lithuania and feeling we had stepped back in time by 25 years. I would be keen to go back - fascinating city.

Jack Hackett
09-08-2018, 09:19 PM

I had a look earlier, and flights leaving Edinburgh Tues/Wed returning Friday (away 1st or 2nd leg) are around £320 cheapest. It would be a brave man to gamble on flights now, but that price will rocket if we do an Asteras. Guaranteed :greengrin

IberianHibernian
09-08-2018, 09:20 PM
I imagine it will be massively important for a team like Zenit. You earn millions for a prolonged run in the competition, there isn't that much money in the Russian domestic league compared to the big leagues and the prestige is still very high.Not so sure . Playing Hibs / Molde then group matches then another 4 or 5 rounds some outwith Russian season and almost all against low - profile teams will not be a great incentive to a big team . In Spain Sevilla are having to play 3 rounds of qualifiers after only finishing 7th ( mainly cause of long cup runs in CL and Spanish Cup last season ) playing matches against weak teams instead of pre season friendlies some of which were going to be very lucrative with extra embarrassment that their local rivals Betis got straight to groups after years without qualifying for Europe . Sevilla case not typical because there is a genuine special relationship between Sevilla and Europa League after winning it so often .

Keith_M
09-08-2018, 10:38 PM
Zenit lost 4-0 in Minsk. Didn't see that coming.

Hope nobody's booked flights to Russia ;-)

Ozyhibby
09-08-2018, 10:45 PM
Minsk average crowds of about 2000 so surely they don’t have a massive player budget?

The Pointer
10-08-2018, 12:20 AM
I've been there twice to see Scotland, I know, I know, and there's perhaps unsurprisingly, not an awful lot to do or see apart from get your photo taken outside the KGB headquarters.

The home fans were decent and will enjoy a blether if one of them speaks English.

The ground has got the neo-classical columns and beer the first time I went was 75p a pint at the ground. There's also a good chance you'll see embassy staff at the game as there's #### all else to do.

Let's get the second leg out the way first though!

monarch
10-08-2018, 09:37 AM
Not that it’s likely to be relevant now but the Russian visa applications office is, rather teasingly, just off Albion Road about 100 yards from the West Stand.

CropleyWasGod
10-08-2018, 09:39 AM
Not so sure . Playing Hibs / Molde then group matches then another 4 or 5 rounds some outwith Russian season and almost all against low - profile teams will not be a great incentive to a big team . In Spain Sevilla are having to play 3 rounds of qualifiers after only finishing 7th ( mainly cause of long cup runs in CL and Spanish Cup last season ) playing matches against weak teams instead of pre season friendlies some of which were going to be very lucrative with extra embarrassment that their local rivals Betis got straight to groups after years without qualifying for Europe . Sevilla case not typical because there is a genuine special relationship between Sevilla and Europa League after winning it so often .

If the alternative is playing no matches, with all those expensive players to pay, I'm sure they would prefer the EL money, no?

GloryGlory
10-08-2018, 09:42 AM
Another unexpected result last night - Trencin (Slovakia) 4 - 0 Feyenoord.

Wonder what the odds would have been on a Minsk/Trencin 4-0 double!

makaveli1875
10-08-2018, 09:47 AM
Minsk average crowds of about 2000 so surely they don’t have a massive player budget?

that line gets punted far too much on here , just cause a team has small crowds doesnt mean they pay crap and have shan players . They just walloped Zenit 4-0 and probably pay way more than we do

Jamesie
10-08-2018, 10:33 AM
Should be a stewards' enquiry with that result.
Wonder what the odds will be for a Zenit 5-0 next week?

Stick £20 on that and you've probably paid for your trip to Russia :greengrin

Dinamo Minsk are flying domestically this season - sitting second in the league after 16 games and have only lost once - but the Belarusian First Division probably isn't of the greatest standard to be fair.

Let's not forget they toiled to get past Derry City in the First Qualifying Round - 3-2 on aggregate and Derry got the win in Minsk - which makes last night's result against Zenit even stranger.

JeMeSouviens
10-08-2018, 10:51 AM
https://www.goalsarena.org/en/video/uefa-europa-league/09-08-2018-dinamo-minsk-4-0-zenit-st.-petersburg-europa-league-qualif.html

I think it's fair to say Zenit didn't cover themselves in defensive glory there. :wink:

JeMeSouviens
10-08-2018, 10:54 AM
The Dinamo stadium's just been done up. Capacity now is 22k. Looks like a bit of a Hampden, big oval with running track.

Reconstruction vid from last year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0IDep2he1s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0IDep2he1s

Springbank
10-08-2018, 11:57 AM
The Zenit keeper (who is their #1 I see) has a shocker at the opening goal

What I like about Dynamo Minsk is that they then smell blood with a dodgy keeper and the next 3 sets of highlights are them raining in shots from all over the park :)

Love it

https://www.goalsarena.org/en/video/uefa-europa-league/09-08-2018-dinamo-minsk-4-0-zenit-st.-petersburg-europa-league-qualif.html

H18 SFR
10-08-2018, 12:22 PM
Apparently irregular betting on a game last night being looked at by UEFA, interesting to hear if it is this game (source is my mate who is a former colleague/mate with a club official/UEFA delagate at one of the Lanarkshire clubs).

Jamesie
10-08-2018, 12:42 PM
Zenit are 16/1 to win 5-0 next Thursday.

Draw / away win double chance is just under Evens in the Molde v Hibs match.

A 32/1 might be quite handy for paying for a trip to Russia!

JeMeSouviens
10-08-2018, 01:02 PM
Good news for travellers - you don't need a visa to visit Belarus provided the visit is 5 days or less.

Keith_M
10-08-2018, 03:10 PM
Good news for travellers - you don't need a visa to visit Belarus provided the visit is 5 days or less.

I'm sure those thirty or so Molde fans will be delighted to hear it.

:wink:

Anyway, for this that think there's nothing to do in Belarus.... Really?

http://mignews.com.ua/modules/news/images/articles/photo/changing/14696571-v-belarusi-proshel-den-vyshivanki.jpg

JoeT_WasTheBest
10-08-2018, 03:27 PM
I’m sorry if it’s been mentioned before but I can’t find it if it has! Do we know if it has already been decided, what date we would be at home and what date we would be away?

IF we get through, of course!

Sir David Gray
10-08-2018, 03:29 PM
I’m sorry if it’s been mentioned before but I can’t find it if it has! Do we know if it has already been decided, what date we would be at home and what date we would be away?

IF we get through, of course!

It hasn't been absolutely confirmed anywhere but we came out the hat second so we'll almost certainly have the second leg at home.

So first leg away - 23rd August
Second leg home - 30th August

Dashing Bob S
10-08-2018, 04:17 PM
Wonder the odds the bookies would offer for Molde v Zenit in the next round? Still a likely outcome.

Jamesie
10-08-2018, 04:18 PM
Wonder the odds the bookies would offer for Molde v Zenit in the next round? Still a likely outcome.

Basically you're looking for a double in the "to qualify" market - which doesn't appear to be available yet.

Jamesie
10-08-2018, 04:24 PM

I understand visa free travel only applies if your visit starts by air and through flying into Minsk Airport (and the 5 days has recently been extended to 30 days in that case). For anyone thinking of overland travel from Lithuania, Poland etc you will require a tourist visa and I believe that will set you back 120 euros from the Belarusian Embassy in London using their 48 hour service. Unless you already live in London that's all a bit tight IMHO for making an application on Friday via post on Friday and travelling on Wednesday.

JeMeSouviens
10-08-2018, 04:40 PM
I understand visa free travel only applies if your visit starts by air and through flying into Minsk Airport (and the 5 days has recently been extended to 30 days in that case). For anyone thinking of overland travel from Lithuania, Poland etc you will require a tourist visa and I believe that will set you back 120 euros from the Belarusian Embassy in London using their 48 hour service. Unless you already live in London that's all a bit tight IMHO for making an application on Friday via post on Friday and travelling on Wednesday.

Ah, I see. I guess you could get flights in from Vilnius, Warsaw etc?

Jamesie
10-08-2018, 05:13 PM
Ah, I see. I guess you could get flights in from Vilnius, Warsaw etc?

Yup no problems - trouble is getting to Vilnius / Warsaw fairly cheaply - I am struggling to find good prices!

Jack Hackett
10-08-2018, 06:03 PM
Yup no problems - trouble is getting to Vilnius / Warsaw fairly cheaply - I am struggling to find good prices!

I checked prices from Edinburgh to Minsk last night when they took a 4 goal lead and you could get them for £320 for Tuesday to Friday. The cheapest now, less than 24hrs later, are £458

BullsCloseHibs
10-08-2018, 06:33 PM
Why do you require a visa to enter Belarus? Don't quite understand when they are no longer part of the Soviet Empire. (free movement and all that jazz)

Billy Whizz
10-08-2018, 06:35 PM
Why do you require a visa to enter Belarus? Don't quite understand when they are no longer part of the Soviet Empire. (free movement and all that jazz)

https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/belarus/entry-requirements

Liberal Hibby
10-08-2018, 06:35 PM

They're the last remaining part.

BullsCloseHibs
10-08-2018, 06:36 PM
They're the last remaining part.

Really, i didn't know that. Better read up on em!
Cheers

hibby rae
10-08-2018, 07:01 PM
If we get past Molde, what would the likely (gmt) ko times be away from home?

Would they be earlier?

Jamesie
10-08-2018, 07:15 PM

I actually just checked (wild Friday evening for me), and for the 15 former Soviet states UK passport holders still require visa for six of them (Russia, Belarus, Azerbaijan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan).

Generally the closer the political, economic and cultural similarities between two countries, the less likely there is to be restrictions on travel between those two states by their respective nationals. So in essence, the reason you need a visa for Belarus is politics - the country still retains strong ties to Russia (although President Lukashenko (who has been in post since 1994), has had somewhat of a strained relationship with Putin over the past few years - see the links below.

What Liberal Hibby is getting at, I think, is that Lukashenko is seen as an authoritarian ruler who regularly wins spectacularly high percentages of the vote in the presidential election and still rules with a fairly strong hand: I remember in 2005 some ill advised Scotland fans decided to sing a song about his wife and the few locals who could speak English were clearly panicked.

I would find it fascinating to go back to Minsk. Crossing the border from Lithuanian in 2005 immediately felt like going back to the mid 1980s, if not earlier - it was as if the place was in a time warp. McDonalds was the place where all the local youths hung out as it was the trendiest place in town. I was told by Scotland fans who had visited in 1997 that the country had progressed significantly since the, which I found unfathomable.

Looking at Google Maps tonight though and seeing international chain hotels and restaurants makes me think that the country has significantly westernised since that last visit. I would be interested to learn the reasons for that - I suspect Lukashenko may have seen the benefit of Western influences, at least to a tempered extent, to avoid any dissent or revolution of the type seen in places like Georgia or Kyrgyzstan. I wouldn't be surprised if China has been allowed to significantly invest too.

https://www.politico.eu/article/tale-of-two-slavic-strongmen-vladimir-putin-alexander-lukashenko-russia-belarus/
https://foreignpolicy.com/2017/02/06/what-exactly-is-going-on-between-russia-and-belarus/

H18 SFR
10-08-2018, 07:22 PM
I actually just checked (wild Friday evening for me), and for the 15 former Soviet states UK passport holders still require visa for six of them (Russia, Belarus, Azerbaijan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan).

Generally the closer the political, economic and cultural similarities between two countries, the less likely there is to be restrictions on travel between those two states by their respective nationals. So in essence, the reason you need a visa for Belarus is politics - the country still retains strong ties to Russia (although President Lukashenko (who has been in post since 1994), has had somewhat of a strained relationship with Putin over the past few years - see the links below.

What Liberal Hibby is getting at, I think, is that Lukashenko is seen as an authoritarian ruler who regularly wins spectacularly high percentages of the vote in the presidential election and still rules with a fairly strong hand: I remember in 2005 some ill advised Scotland fans decided to sing a song about his wife and the few locals who could speak English were clearly panicked.

I would find it fascinating to go back to Minsk. Crossing the border from Lithuanian in 2005 immediately felt like going back to the mid 1980s, if not earlier - it was as if the place was in a time warp. McDonalds was the place where all the local youths hung out as it was the trendiest place in town. I was told by Scotland fans who had visited in 1997 that the country had progressed significantly since the, which I found unfathomable.

Looking at Google Maps tonight though and seeing international chain hotels and restaurants makes me think that the country has significantly westernised since that last visit. I would be interested to learn the reasons for that - I suspect Lukashenko may have seen the benefit of Western influences, at least to a tempered extent, to avoid any dissent or revolution of the type seen in places like Georgia or Kyrgyzstan. I wouldn't be surprised if China has been allowed to significantly invest too.

https://www.politico.eu/article/tale-of-two-slavic-strongmen-vladimir-putin-alexander-lukashenko-russia-belarus/
https://foreignpolicy.com/2017/02/06/what-exactly-is-going-on-between-russia-and-belarus/

Fantastic post.

Dancehibs
10-08-2018, 07:37 PM
I checked prices from Edinburgh to Minsk last night when they took a 4 goal lead and you could get them for £320 for Tuesday to Friday. The cheapest now, less than 24hrs later, are £458

What airport in Minsk is the better one to land at ?

People need to start viewing flights in private mode

nonshinyfinish
10-08-2018, 07:41 PM
Assuming (and it’s a big assumption) we get past Molde, the ideal result in their second leg is Zenit to win 5–1: Minsk go through on away goals but are unable to contest the playoff round as they’ve been killed as a club.

Jamesie
10-08-2018, 07:43 PM

Minsk-1 closed a few years ago so the only option is Minsk-2.

Dancehibs
10-08-2018, 07:44 PM
Minsk-1 closed a few years ago so the only option is Minsk-2.

Cheers

Springbank
10-08-2018, 07:50 PM
I'm sure those thirty or so Molde fans will be delighted to hear it.

:wink:

Anyway, for this that think there's nothing to do in Belarus.... Really?

http://mignews.com.ua/modules/news/images/articles/photo/changing/14696571-v-belarusi-proshel-den-vyshivanki.jpg

Minsk and Totties

One Day Soon
10-08-2018, 07:50 PM
Assuming (and it’s a big assumption) we get past Molde, the ideal result in their second leg is Zenit to win 5–1: Minsk go through on away goals but are unable to contest the playoff round as they’ve been killed as a club.

Impeccable logic - all that's missing is big nose puling pints behind a bar at the expense of the Zenit fans.

One Day Soon
10-08-2018, 07:51 PM
Minsk and Totties

That's a :top marksright there.

Jack Hackett
10-08-2018, 08:15 PM

One is an experienced flight searcher :spammy:

Private mode or not, the bean counters still know how many hits they've had on a particular route on a particular day. Flight prices fluctuate because of this. Hiding your identity has little effect overall

Sir David Gray
10-08-2018, 09:30 PM
If we get past Molde, what would the likely (gmt) ko times be away from home?

Would they be earlier?

The game last night kicked off at 6pm UK time so probably then.

Lancs Harp
10-08-2018, 09:36 PM
Never been to Belarus but a friend went there a couple of years ago, the Clever bar (Irish bar) he said was well worth a visit.

hibby rae
10-08-2018, 09:43 PM
The game last night kicked off at 6pm UK time so probably then.

That'll mean a quick dash to the pub from work then!

Albanian Hibs
11-08-2018, 01:14 AM
Cant wait for a trip to Belarus.

Mixu62
13-08-2018, 09:19 PM
One is an experienced flight searcher :spammy:

Private mode or not, the bean counters still know how many hits they've had on a particular route on a particular day. Flight prices fluctuate because of this. Hiding your identity has little effect overall

Have it on good authority that if searching for flights online, clear cookies after each search. Price creeps up with each repeat search.

Jamesie
13-08-2018, 09:25 PM
Anyone applied for Russian visa support on the off chance that Zenit turn this around?

JeMeSouviens
13-08-2018, 09:36 PM
Anyone applied for Russian visa support on the off chance that Zenit turn this around?

The only time a 4 goal deficit with no away goals has ever been overturned was Barca v Psg. Just saying.

Baader
14-08-2018, 12:19 AM
I'd wager that Zenit, barring a huge bribe, are out.

Springbank
14-08-2018, 10:50 AM
[QUOTE=Baader;5513880]I'd wager that Zenit, barring a huge bribe, are out.[/QUOTE

after beating runavik 6-1 6-4 id take hibs v Zenit to be another Andy Murray score. 7-5 4-6 Hibs qualify on away goals

Jamesie
14-08-2018, 03:16 PM
Just a wee reminder ahead of Thursday evening that all of those attractively priced Aeroflot flights to Minsk via Moscow SVO airport are strictly off limits without a Russian transit visa:

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntree/forums/europe-eastern-europe-the-caucasus/belarus/5-day-visa-free-but-have-a-stopover-not-leaving-airport-in-moscow

MoscowHibs
14-08-2018, 04:24 PM
Better off flying LOT polish via warsaw from LHR. There is a flight gets you there for 14:05

Albanian Hibs
14-08-2018, 05:20 PM
Better off flying LOT polish via warsaw from LHR. There is a flight gets you there for 14:05

£142.30 one way. Coming back on the Friday is pricey.

Dashing Bob S
14-08-2018, 05:32 PM
Zenit done got this one fahve zero

Devonhibs
14-08-2018, 06:17 PM
Minsk and Totties
Now that made me laugh out loud

Albanian Hibs
14-08-2018, 09:41 PM
Email from HSL.....

Charter Flight Interest - Minsk/St. Petersburg
Can we of course immediately point out that we are not being presumptuous here and as life long Hibees we know we should never be too optimistic. The reality however is that should we be lucky or good enough to progress in this tournament we would only have a week to organise things and if we leave things until the last minute the only people who will pay is our own supporters.

Prior to the flight for Molde we sought to establish the level of interest for a Charter Flight for our supporters. While this was helpful there were a number who had indicated their desire for such a flight but did not progress to purchase. The flight sold in just over 24 hours with a number on the waiting list.

With all of this in mind we would like to be better prepared should we get through. A very preliminary discussion with Agents suggests that St Petersburg would simply not be possible in the time available bearing in mind Visa requirements so we are not taking that interest any further.

To help us establish the level of true interest in this we are inviting Members to make a donation of £5 to HSL. Donations made by 12 noon tomorrow will help us to understand the level of interest. By 12 noon tomorrow if the numbers suggest that Non Members would easily fill any potential shortfall we will invite Non Members to make a donation of £10 to HSL. This exercise allows us to :

(a) Understand demand
(b) Email this priority group quickly after events unfold
If this is of any interest to our supporters it is important that the following is fully understood and accepted :

- If we don’t qualify there will not be any refunds
- If a flight cannot be secured at an affordable price we will not progress matters and again we cannot refund any donations made
Please however bear in mind where your donations go, so in either circumstance our Team benefits.

We have made enquiries for a day trip and indicated that we believe that our supporters would not have any interest at a price greater than £650.

If you believe this is something that you would take up please donate at:

www.hiberniansupporters.co.uk

Please remember you can only donate from your Members page. You will appreciate that we are simply trying to offer some assistance here so please only respond if your interest is very serious. We will not respond directly to individual emails at this stage as we are just establishing the level on interest, if any.

HSL

Jack Hackett
15-08-2018, 05:39 AM
Have it on good authority that if searching for flights online, clear cookies after each search. Price creeps up with each repeat search.

So how does that work when you search through a 3rd party like Skyscanner?