PDA

View Full Version : Haaland

flash
09-08-2018, 01:03 PM
Apologies if this is already up but Haaland won't be playing tonight as he flew from Edinburgh to sign for Salzburg.
Evens things up with SJM.

Ozyhibby
09-08-2018, 01:03 PM
Great news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

murray26
09-08-2018, 01:07 PM
Is that there young wonder kid..? If so very welcome news..

proud_and_green
09-08-2018, 01:07 PM
Supposed to be a £9m deal. Shows that, even against Norway, a smaller country and arguably less mature in terms of football status, we are poor cousins

MWHIBBIES
09-08-2018, 01:12 PM
Supposed to be a £9m deal. Shows that, even against Norway, a smaller country and arguably less mature in terms of football status, we are poor cousinsHow long is left on his contract? That's the big difference.

MyJo
09-08-2018, 01:14 PM
How long is left on his contract? That's the big difference.

And he is a striker, strikers always command a premium.

Heedersnvolleys
09-08-2018, 01:17 PM
If you look at the manager interview on YouTube there is a video of his goals underneath. Looked useful but the defending of the opposition makes us look like athletico Madrid.
I hope the Molde defending is just as bad

danhibees1875
09-08-2018, 01:19 PM

and maybe he's just a lot better than SJM. :greengrin

That's good news though, I was wondering if they'd be without him.

Sean1875
09-08-2018, 01:21 PM
Massive boost for us that, was a little worried about that guy :agree:

proud_and_green
09-08-2018, 01:21 PM

Not sure position premium or residual contract (if there is any difference) would make that much of a difference for a player in Scotland or answers the question. The last player, outside the OF, that went for that was the spotty schoolboy I think and that is a long time ago. I would take that as an exception rather than a rule and prices in Scotland are consistently less than most other nations. Grealish quoted at £25m and I think most would agree he is not as good a player as SJM.

norhfc
09-08-2018, 01:23 PM
Just read in the Norwegian press he is sold to Salzburg and wont be in the squad tonight, but he is being loaned back to Molde for rest of the season. Crazy Money for an untested young guy, he is not even an international, and won nothing, McGinn was given away away in comparison.

Good news for us tho :agree:

Future17
09-08-2018, 01:24 PM
and maybe he's just a lot better than sjm. :greengrin

that's good news though, i was wondering if they'd be without him.

ltbcf

HibsNutter
09-08-2018, 01:24 PM
Man United and Dortmund were after him so he's clearly an absolute baller. Good news.

Sean1875
09-08-2018, 01:28 PM
Just read in the Norwegian press he is sold to Salzburg and wont be in the squad tonight, but he is being loaned back to Molde for rest of the season. Crazy Money for an untested young guy, he is not even an international, and won nothing, McGinn was given away away in comparison.

So he'll miss tonight but will likely play in the 2nd leg then? :worried:

Crazyhorse
09-08-2018, 01:28 PM

Wonder if he'll be available for the second leg?

JXM73
09-08-2018, 01:29 PM
They've also lost some 19 year old international to brighton...

bingo70
09-08-2018, 01:30 PM

We'll be six up by then anyway, doesn't matter.

norhfc
09-08-2018, 01:35 PM

Does,nt say but they are half way through their season now, finishes in October ish and hes already played in EL so it is possible.

GloryGlory
09-08-2018, 01:36 PM

Surely if he has to be re-registered with Molde, he's missed last night's deadline?

Sean1875
09-08-2018, 01:38 PM
Surely if he has to be re-registered with Molde, he's missed last night's deadline?

That's a very good point actually :agree:

danhibees1875
09-08-2018, 01:39 PM

Was last nights deadline for both legs? I assumed it was just for today, but your logic makes more sense than mine actually.

GloryGlory
09-08-2018, 01:41 PM
Was last nights deadline for both legs? I assumed it was just for today, but your logic makes more sense than mine actually.

Both legs.

Springbank
09-08-2018, 01:43 PM

My hunch is that Molde have been done out of his services for the second leg here (or that Hibs should be keeping a close eye on his registration with Salzburg / Austrian FA/ UEFA)

Reason being, if he signs for Salzburg - whether he is loaned back or not - his registration changes and his current registration for Europa League stops, as he is currently not a Molde player.

Even if he is loaned back immediately, his registration would need to be a "new" registration with Molde, and as this was not done by 11pm last night he is now ineligible for this round (out for the first leg AND the second leg) and could only play in the next round if Molde get there and if they re-register him with Europa League squad again in time for the next round. But defo out of both legs here.

Would others agree?

Or have I missed something?

hfc rd
09-08-2018, 01:45 PM
That’s great news!

BH Hibs
09-08-2018, 01:47 PM

I think you are right mate.

bingo70
09-08-2018, 01:48 PM
My hunch is that Molde have been done out of his services for the second leg here (or that Hibs should be keeping a close eye on his registration with Salzburg / Austrian FA/ UEFA)

Reason being, if he signs for Salzburg - whether he is loaned back or not - his registration changes and his current registration for Europa League stops, as he is currently not a Molde player.

Even if he is loaned back immediately, his registration would need to be a "new" registration with Molde, and as this was not done by 11pm last night he is now ineligible for this round (out for the first leg AND the second leg) and could only play in the next round if Molde get there and if they re-register him with Europa League squad again in time for the next round. But defo out of both legs here.

Would others agree?

Or have I missed something?

Could Salzburg not delay processing the paperwork until just after the game next week? No odds to them really as their transfer window will still be open then.

If they do it strictly by the book and sign and register him tonight i think you will be correct.

Springbank
09-08-2018, 01:53 PM
Could Salzburg not delay processing the paperwork until just after the game next week? No odds to them really as their transfer window will still be open then.

If they do it strictly by the book and sign and register him tonight i think you will be correct.

Worth Hibs keeping a close eye on the Austrian FA / UEFA registrations & international clearance round this one I reckon.

scoopyboy
09-08-2018, 02:28 PM
Apologies if this is already up but Haaland won't be playing tonight as he flew from Edinburgh to sign for Salzburg.
Evens things up with SJM.

Great news Flash.

Hibs have had them watched twice and he was identified as a big danger to us.

Son of the bloke that Roy Keane "sorted".

1van Sprou7e
09-08-2018, 02:31 PM
Boy only turned 18 last month, must be some player

bingo70
09-08-2018, 02:36 PM
Worth Hibs keeping a close eye on the Austrian FA / UEFA registrations & international clearance round this one I reckon.

I'm sure Hibs won't need to keep a close ye on anything to be honest.

When it comes to red tape, bureaucracy and issuing fines UEFA are all over it.

JohnMcM
09-08-2018, 03:01 PM
Seems like good news for us, but, it's probably wise to remember that SJM was part of a team. By that I mean that although we may miss SJM in our team tonight, one player does not make a team. Regardless of highly he (or she - see, I'm getting a hang of this equality thing) is held.

C'mon the Hibees.
:flag:

EricStoner
09-08-2018, 03:36 PM
I think most would agree he is not as good a player as SJM.

😂🙈👓

Betty Boop
09-08-2018, 04:32 PM
According to Brian McLaughlin Haaland is in the squad and he'll play tonight.

norhfc
09-08-2018, 04:50 PM
Not according to the Norwegian press and the Molde fans forum.

hfc rd
09-08-2018, 04:54 PM

If that is the case then I hope his head has been turned by RB Salzburg and his focus is elsewhere.

adhibs
09-08-2018, 04:55 PM
They've also lost some 19 year old international to brighton...

today?

I'm_cabbaged
09-08-2018, 05:38 PM

Not in the squad

Borderhibbie76
09-08-2018, 05:46 PM
Shows what fat Jambo McLaughlin knows
Not in the squad

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

RoxburghHibs
10-08-2018, 07:21 AM

Not sure he would be available as "signed on loan" after the deadline? If this is the situation with him to which I have no clue.

calumhibee1
10-08-2018, 07:23 AM
Not sure he would be available as "signed on loan" after the deadline? If this is the situation with him to which I have no clue.

That’s the way I’d see it. Was registered for this tie, left for Salzburg and therefore no longer registered then comes back on loan and the deadline is passed so can’t be registered again.

GloryGlory
10-08-2018, 07:28 AM
That’s the way I’d see it. Was registered for this tie, left for Salzburg and therefore no longer registered then comes back on loan and the deadline is passed so can’t be registered again.

:agree: Missed the deadline on Wednesday evening - players have to be registered before the first leg. You can't register a player between the first and second legs.

green day
10-08-2018, 08:47 AM
:agree: Missed the deadline on Wednesday evening - players have to be registered before the first leg. You can't register a player between the first and second legs.

I thought he WAS registered to play, but flew out to Salzburg for signinig talks?

Sean1875
10-08-2018, 09:20 AM
I thought he WAS registered to play, but flew out to Salzburg for signinig talks?

The point being though if he signs for Salzburg and then gets loaned back he would technically be a new player under a different registration, therefore ineligible to play :agree:

RoxburghHibs
10-08-2018, 10:51 AM
The point being though if he signs for Salzburg and then gets loaned back he would technically be a new player under a different registration, therefore ineligible to play :agree:

Yeah that's what I was getting at :aok:

Sean1875
10-08-2018, 10:56 AM
Yeah that's what I was getting at :aok:

Aye I didn't realise that the deadline for registering players was for both legs of the round, thought there was a separate deadline for the 2nd leg originally for some reason! Definitely a big boost for us if hes out of the 2nd leg as well, fingers crossed Salzburg get everything finalised in the next few days :agree:

Springbank
10-08-2018, 11:00 AM
Aye I didn't realise that the deadline for registering players was for both legs of the round, thought there was a separate deadline for the 2nd leg originally for some reason! Definitely a big boost for us if hes out of the 2nd leg as well, fingers crossed Salzburg get everything finalised in the next few days :agree:

His would be the biggest ever value transfer out of Norway (previous was John Carew to Valencia)

Not sure Molde would risk €9m by playing him tbh