PDA

View Full Version : Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Pre-match Interview - Class

California-Hibs
09-08-2018, 04:52 AM
Those who can view it on HibsTV it's a great watch. The guy is very complimentary towards us. He also talks about how he was David Grays reserve team manager at Man United and he was always someone you want in your team. He clearly knows all about us aswel with the things he talks about regarding Neil first coming in and saying he wanted to toughen us up and that he certainly has etc. He's done his homework. Mentions that it feels like he's coming home being back in the UK and that he's hoping the place is full and rocking because his players will thrive on that.

All in all he came across very well and i quite like this factor of him being manager in this next episode for us in Europe......Hope we send him home crying! :greengrin

LustForLeith
09-08-2018, 05:15 AM
Bumped into him yesterday and the first thing he asked about was John McGinn!

Top guy

bingo70
09-08-2018, 08:20 AM
Is there anywhere us riff-raff that don't pay for Hibs tv can watch it?

Newcastlehibby
09-08-2018, 09:28 AM
Have messaged you.

09-08-2018, 09:34 AM

Aye a link would be good!!

Mr_F
09-08-2018, 09:38 AM
Aye a link would be good!!

It's £8.99 for a months sub, money right to Hibs, just sign up :confused:

IWasThere2016
09-08-2018, 09:40 AM
Those who can view it on HibsTV it's a great watch. The guy is very complimentary towards us. He also talks about how he was David Grays reserve team manager at Man United and he was always someone you want in your team. He clearly knows all about us aswel with the things he talks about regarding Neil first coming in and saying he wanted to toughen us up and that he certainly has etc. He's done his homework. Mentions that it feels like he's coming home being back in the UK and that he's hoping the place is full and rocking because his players will thrive on that.

All in all he came across very well and i quite like this factor of him being manager in this next episode for us in Europe......Hope we send him home crying! :greengrin

:agree: OG-S does come across well

I've just signed up - and will be watching tonight. :flag:

banchoryhibs
09-08-2018, 09:45 AM
Very intelligent, massive CV, great personality … if / when Neil leaves he would make a very impressive manager here

GloryGlory
09-08-2018, 09:46 AM
:agree: OG-S does come across well

I've just signed up - and will be watching tonight. :flag:

Maybe his interview to be next Hibs manager when Neil goes? :wink:

Mango Man
09-08-2018, 09:50 AM
He's such a happy, positive guy, love it when you hear the Mancunian accent filter through.

scooby
09-08-2018, 09:57 AM
He's such a happy, positive guy, love it when you hear the Mancunian accent filter through.

Agreed, came across really well and clearly knows more about us than he's letting on.
Top bloke!

Smartie
09-08-2018, 10:03 AM
He was always a very likeable character as a player.

Baby-faced assassin though - he needs watched, as he has been very good at what he does throughout his career.

Bobby's Cinema
09-08-2018, 10:16 AM
That was a good watch thanks to forgetting to cancel hibs tv. He is calling it a 50/50 tie

Lendo
09-08-2018, 11:41 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki-hlzjFBlk

It's on the Hibs TV Youtubes page

worcesterhibby
09-08-2018, 12:23 PM
Great interview..top bloke..mad when you think of Sir DG playing alongside Paul Pogba with him as his manager !

Since90+2
09-08-2018, 12:25 PM
Very intelligent, massive CV, great personality … if / when Neil leaves he would make a very impressive manager here

No chance he would come to us. Would be a sideways step , he will get a Championship club in England if he does well with Molde.

lord bunberry
09-08-2018, 12:25 PM
I watched all the press conferences yesterday. Solsjkaer comes across as a really decent guy. He seemed genuinely excited about the game.

Lendo
09-08-2018, 12:27 PM
I watched all the press conferences yesterday. Solsjkaer comes across as a really decent guy. He seemed genuinely excited about the game.

It's a shame he'll be leaving in tears.

lord bunberry
09-08-2018, 12:31 PM
It's a shame he'll be leaving in tears.
I certainly hope so. **** him :greengrin

Smartie
09-08-2018, 12:31 PM
It must be tough to fall just short of making it at a club like Man United (I mean from SDG's point of view).

You spend your days with folk like Solsjkaer and Alex Ferguson playing in the same teams as players who go on to become major stars, then before you know it you're playing for Burton Albion.

He's had a good career, and even as a Jambo he'll surely be happy with his Hibernian immortality but there must be a wee pang of what might have been?

worcesterhibby
09-08-2018, 12:49 PM
It must be tough to fall just short of making it at a club like Man United (I mean from SDG's point of view).

You spend your days with folk like Solsjkaer and Alex Ferguson playing in the same teams as players who go on to become major stars, then before you know it you're playing for Burton Albion.

He's had a good career, and even as a Jambo he'll surely be happy with his Hibernian immortality but there must be a wee pang of what might have been?

Maybe but I'm sure DG is also a realist..He is a very very good player for Hibs and we love him, but he isn't quite good enough to cut it at Manchester Utd/ Champions League level. I think he has made the best of his talents and can be proud of that.

1van Sprou7e
09-08-2018, 01:37 PM

After having scored that goal I don't think Davie Gray is ever going to be asking himself what might have been lol

SirDavidsNapper
09-08-2018, 01:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki-hlzjFBlk

It's on the Hibs TV Youtubes page

Thanks. Very impressive interview. Comes across grounded, articulate and intelligent. He's obviously done his homework on us. Will be a fascinating tie between him and Lennon.

nellio
09-08-2018, 01:45 PM
As Cardiff manager he was tremendous in terms of interviews / fan interaction but massively out of his depth in the premier league and the championship.

Properly nice bloke.

Kato
09-08-2018, 02:09 PM
Always liked him. Proper football person.

California-Hibs
09-08-2018, 02:13 PM
No chance he would come to us. Would be a sideways step , he will get a Championship club in England if he does well with Molde.

Molde to us a sideways step? Don't quite think so. We have a stadium twice as big with an average attendance twice as big to go with it. We compete in a slightly higher standard of league (in my opinion) and hed be in an environment where you're talents are noticed ALOT more. Particularly in England which is clearly on his agenda.

It wouldn't be a giant leap, but it would be an upwards step if he was to ever go from Molde to the Hibees!

SRHibs
09-08-2018, 02:17 PM
Molde to us a sideways step? Don't quite think so. We have a stadium twice as big with an average attendance twice as big to go with it. We compete in a slightly higher standard of league (in my opinion) and hed be in an environment where you're talents are noticed ALOT more. Particularly in England which is clearly on his agenda.

It wouldn't be a giant leap, but it would be an upwards step if he was to ever go from Molde to the Hibees!

He’d probably get paid less/similar at best (what’s their budget like). And if he’s constantly getting good results in Europe then there’s no reason why he shouldn’t get noticed in the Norwegian League.

I think the standard of the league is hard to gauge. Celtic are far and away the best side over the 2 leagues, but it’ll be interesting to see how tonight’s game goes.

Since90+2
09-08-2018, 02:19 PM

Solskjear wouldn't move to us from Molde if he is successful there as he would be looking for a bigger club than us.

California-Hibs
09-08-2018, 02:31 PM
Solskjear wouldn't move to us from Molde if he is successful there as he would be looking for a bigger club than us.

I guess it all comes down to what is determined success? I'm just saying we have a renowned history for players and managers who do well in Scotland that get moves to England, particularly the Championship. I'd take a stab that over the last say 10 years there's been more People who's got moves from Scotland to England than there has Norway to England.

Success at Hibs gets noticed more than success at Molde therefore we'd be a more attractive challenge and club.

In my opinion.

Nakedmanoncrack
09-08-2018, 02:56 PM

:greengrin

Chic Murray
09-08-2018, 03:15 PM

Would he?

hibee_girl
09-08-2018, 10:45 PM
Was nice to see him and SDG having a good old catch up on the pitch after full time :greengrin

Forza Fred
09-08-2018, 11:02 PM
It's £8.99 for a months sub, money right to Hibs, just sign up :confused:

Considerably more now if you are outside the Uk.