Kamberi Boyle

YanYansen
08-08-2018, 09:10 PM
So, what are we going for? Here'd be my pick:

Bogdan

Gray Ambrose McGregor/Porteous Hanlon Stevenson

Slivka Bartley Mallan

Kamberi Boyle

It's a weird one, like. The timing is not great, as I'll wager most of us will be looking at that and seeing the massive SJM-shaped hole.

Big night for the rest of the boys, and I will certainly be getting right behind them.

The_Horde
08-08-2018, 09:11 PM
Bogdan

Ambrose McGregor Hanlon

Gray Mallan Slivka Hyndman Stevenson

Kamberi Boyle

CmoantheHibs
08-08-2018, 09:15 PM
I think McLaren will play. Not sure who will be the rwb between Boyle and Gray. Probably sir David to start and see how things are going.

21sMay
08-08-2018, 09:22 PM
I actually think we may go for 3 up top tomorrow night .

bogdan

Hanlon
McGregor

lewis
gray

mallan
marv
slivka

Boyle
mclaren
kamberi

IanM
08-08-2018, 09:33 PM
Mcginn 😥

Mcginn 😥
Mcginn 😥
Mcginn 😥
Mcginn 😥

Mcginn 😥
Mcginn 😥
Mcginn 😥
Mcginn 😥

Mcginn 😥
Mcginn 😥

one day maybe...
08-08-2018, 09:36 PM
Bogdan
Ambrose
McGregor
Hanson

Gray
Slivka
Bartley
Mallam
Stevenson

Kamberi
Boyle

we are hibs
08-08-2018, 09:38 PM
Hyndman has featured during pre season for Bournemouth and scored but will he be fit for this One? You would imagine he is fit enough to play some part if we have tried to rush the deal through before tomorrow

Borderhibbie76
08-08-2018, 09:43 PM
EEN reporting Bogdan probably out and Daz deffo out...

At least Flo is fit

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
08-08-2018, 09:43 PM
Hyndman has featured during pre season for Bournemouth and scored but will he be fit for this One? You would imagine he is fit enough to play some part if we have tried to rush the deal through before tomorrow

Good chance they were rushing it through more with the return leg in mind once he has been training a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YanYansen
08-08-2018, 09:47 PM

At least Flo is fit

Bogdan??? Wtf happened to him?

Lordy, that's not good.

Unseen work
08-08-2018, 09:48 PM
........................Bogdan

........Efe McGregor/Porteous Hanlon

Gray.......Bartley.....Hyndman....Mallan.......Ste venson

................Boyle.....Kamberi

Borderhibbie76
08-08-2018, 09:49 PM
Bogdan??? Wtf happened to him?

Lordy, that's not good.Hip injury from Sunday...highly doubtful

Diclonius
08-08-2018, 09:54 PM

At least Flo is fit

Thank god we have Laidlaw then.

I think we're going to be in for a tough game.

SRHibs
08-08-2018, 09:55 PM
Bogdan
Boyle
Efe
Hanlon
McGregor
Stevenson
Mollom
Hyndman
Slivka
Kamberi
McLaren

Tough to pick between SDG and Boyle but I think we really need to take the game to then tomorrow. Hyndman by all accounts is a bit decent for our level so I’d chuck him in.

3-0.

Billy Whizz
Thank god we have Laidlaw then.

I think we're going to be in for a tough game.

He’s hardly played, that’s a real blow

21sMay
bogdan is a massive loss. not confident with Laidlaw at all.

SRHibs
08-08-2018, 09:56 PM
bogdan is a massive loss. not confident with Laidlaw at all.

He’s the man for the job if we need to run down the clock though. Boy takes about 5 minutes to take a goal kick at the best of times.

B.H.F.C
08-08-2018, 09:57 PM
No real concerns if McGregor is our as have confidence in Porteous. Just wonder if Lennon might switch to a back four though.

danhibees1875
08-08-2018, 09:58 PM
Can hyndman play?

Probably just go:

Bogdan
Ambrose McGregor Hanlon
Gray Mallan Bartley Slivka Stevenson
Kamberi Boyle

Billy Whizz
08-08-2018, 10:04 PM
No real concerns if McGregor is our as have confidence in Porteous. Just wonder if Lennon might switch to a back four though.

Molde play 433, may go toe to toe with them

Heisenberg
08-08-2018, 10:05 PM
Bogdan being out would be a huge loss just as he was getting up to speed. Laidlaw hasn’t played for ages.

Diclonius
08-08-2018, 10:07 PM
As I understand it, this whole issue a lot of us have with Laidlaw seems to stem from the one bad game he had in the League Cup semi v Celtic.

He's been very good for us in other games. I think we'll be fine.

Stuart93
08-08-2018, 10:11 PM
Worried that if we get a heavy defeat in this game, alongside mcginn leaving, things might start turning a little sour.

21sMay
As I understand it, this whole issue a lot of us have with Laidlaw seems to stem from the one bad game he had in the League Cup semi v Celtic.

probably right but let's be honest it was an amateur performance that day

BoomtownHibees
Worried that if we get a heavy defeat in this game, alongside mcginn leaving, things might start turning a little sour.

Turn sour? In what sense?

Stuart93
08-08-2018, 10:13 PM
Turn sour? In what sense?

Atmosphere, impatience towards making signings...just a thought. I can't really see us getting pumped anyway.

seanshow
08-08-2018, 10:13 PM
Anybody heard of a recent surgery update on Ofir or when he will return to training?

BoomtownHibees
08-08-2018, 10:21 PM
Atmosphere, impatience towards making signings...just a thought. I can't really see us getting pumped anyway.

Can’t see it tourning sour tbf. For the first time in a long while, there has been no negativity around this transfer at all. We have already signed 6 players, albeit some on loan, so no reason for any impatience

Borderhibbie76
08-08-2018, 10:29 PM
Can’t see it tourning sour tbf. For the first time in a long while, there has been no negativity around this transfer at all. We have already signed 6 players, albeit some on loan, so no reason for any impatienceI agree and all the noises coming from Lennon suggest more signings are on the way ..am just a bit gutted we are going into the Molde games a bit undercooked...ie no SJM and now a few injuries too ...but can't be helped

500miles
08-08-2018, 10:29 PM
.......... Bogdan
.... Efe.. Porteous. Hanlon
Gray....... Bartley.... Stevenson
...... Mallan.... Slivka
....... Boyle
............. Kamberi

we are hibs
08-08-2018, 10:31 PM
Anybody heard of a recent surgery update on Ofir or when he will return to training?

3/4 weeks still

MyJo
08-08-2018, 10:32 PM
Bogdan injured.

Noticed he had Porteous taking goal kicks for him towards the end of the Motherwell match on Sunday. I thought it was because he took a shot to the baws when making a save but seems like it was a hip injury.

NAE NOOKIE
08-08-2018, 10:32 PM
No matter what team you pick there's a massive SJM sized hole in it that I cant see how we are going to fill. If anything we will probably just have to go as attacking as we can get away with and hope for a 2 goal lead to take over there.

I know practically everybody has Slivka in their line up and I can see why because who else is there, but he is going to have to massively up his game from Sunday. I watched the whole game back on ALBA and he looked like he had put on someone else's boots by mistake giving the ball away a number of times … hell at one point he got into such a fankle under little pressure he beat himself and ran the ball out of play. The one positive though was his surging runs from midfield, he did get himself into the box a couple of times with runs from deep and that I really like.

Laidlaw ( if Bogdan cant play )

Ambrose, Porteous, Hanlon

Gray, Mallan, Slivka, Bartley, Stevenson

Boyle, Kamberi

Though I have to say the signing of the guy from Bournmouth seems to me indicative of Lennon's lack of confidence in Slivka and I wouldn't be in the slightest surprised to see him chucked in at the deep end instead of him.

B.H.F.C
08-08-2018, 10:34 PM
.......... Bogdan
.... Efe.. Porteous. Hanlon
Gray....... Bartley.... Stevenson
...... Mallan.... Slivka
....... Boyle
............. Kamberi

Unless we go with a back four, I can’t really see the team being much different to that (depending on the goalie situation).

Think Lennon will want to keep some continuity, I’m not sure Hyndman will go straight in having not even trained with us.

The_Horde
08-08-2018, 10:35 PM
No matter what team you pick there's a massive SJM sized hole in it that I cant see how we are going to fill. If anything we will probably just have to go as attacking as we can get away with and hope for a 2 goal lead to take over there.

I know practically everybody has Slivka in their line up and I can see why because who else is there, but he is going to have to massively up his game from Sunday. I watched the whole game back on ALBA and he looked like he had put on someone else's boots by mistake giving the ball away a number of times … hell at one point he got into such a fankle under little pressure he beat himself and ran the ball out of play. The one positive though was his surging runs from midfield, he did get himself into the box a couple of times with runs from deep and that I really like.

Boyle, Kamberi

Though I have to say the signing of the guy from Bournmouth seems to me indicative of Lennon's lack of confidence in Slivka and I wouldn't be in the slightest surprised to see him chucked in at the deep end instead of him.

Slivka will play. Be more likely Bartley that moves out of the side.

We really need a lefty in soon.

Musselbound
08-08-2018, 10:38 PM

Afraid I don't have much confidence in Laidlaw but I'd have said same about Bogdan this time last week so you never know.

Sammy7nil
08-08-2018, 10:44 PM

It has a bit of the same feel when Gary O'Connor left on the eve of the semi.

Chorley Hibee
08-08-2018, 10:54 PM
I've a feeling we might try something left-field, and include Hyndman in the starting line-up in a bid to surprise Molde.

Brubble1875
08-08-2018, 10:55 PM
Bogdan

Gray Ambrose Hanlon
Boyle Stevenson

Mallan
Slivka Swanson

Kamberi McClaren

J-C
08-08-2018, 10:57 PM
Laidlaw

Gray
Ambrose
Hanlon
Lewis

Mallan
Slivka
Hyndman

Boyle
Kamberi
MacLaren

Brightside
08-08-2018, 11:17 PM
I think we will go tight with a 451

Gray Efe Ryan Hanlon

Boyle Slivka Bartley Mallan Stevenson

Flo

Jamie to come on for Boyle at some point. We need to try and not concede.

ian cruise
08-08-2018, 11:23 PM

Gray Efe Ryan Hanlon

Flo

Way to defensive in my opinion. We'd just be sitting g back inviting pressure. Agree with what others have said, outfield of:

Ambrose
Porteous
Hanlon

Gray
Stevenson

Bartley
Slivka
Mallan

Boyle
Flo

Subs
MacLaren
Swanson
Shaw
Whittaker
Hyndman

danhibees1875
08-08-2018, 11:29 PM

Gray Efe Ryan Hanlon

Flo

Hopefully not! That would leave Flo very isolated and would just see us under pressure the whole game. Can't see us suddenly changing formation and throwing Stevenson back to midfield.

Brightside
08-08-2018, 11:31 PM
Hopefully not! That would leave Flo very isolated and would just see us under pressure the whole game. Can't see us suddenly changing formation and throwing Stevenson back to midfield.

Boyle and Stevenson push up in attack, and Stevenson provides additional cover at the back when we have to defend. Boyle stays high, Mallan sitting in behind Flo. Molde are very good imo.

Santa Cruz
08-08-2018, 11:35 PM
Bogdan

Gray Ambrose Hanlon
Boyle Stevenson

Mallan
Slivka Swanson

Kamberi McClaren

I would be happy with this team, but would prefer Bartley to Slivka purely for additional defence.

Sir David Gray
08-08-2018, 11:36 PM
Bogdan being out just sums things up for us over the last 24 hours!

Never a dull moment being a Hibs fan.

danhibees1875
08-08-2018, 11:38 PM
Boyle and Stevenson push up in attack, and Stevenson provides additional cover at the back when we have to defend. Boyle stays high, Mallan sitting in behind Flo. Molde are very good imo.

I don't see Stevenson pushing up very much. Boyle would end up stretched between defence and attack and Flo fairly isolated. I can see us playing a bit more direct at times as we struggle with the loss of mcginn and having someone up there with Flo would help with that.

I agree Molde are a very good team. I just don't think the best way to go against a very good team is to sit back so much.

Inconsequential
09-08-2018, 01:18 AM
Bogdan

Gray Ambrose Hanlon
Boyle Stevenson

Mallan
Slivka Swanson

Kamberi McClaren
This line up is a bit left-field! In fact Boyle, Stevenson, Slivka and Swanson are all on the left. :wink:

Borderhibbie76
09-08-2018, 06:40 AM

Boyle, Kamberi

Though I have to say the signing of the guy from Bournmouth seems to me indicative of Lennon's lack of confidence in Slivka and I wouldn't be in the slightest surprised to see him chucked in at the deep end instead of him.Your being very harsh on Slivka..he came on at a time when we had totally fallen out the game due to fatigue from last Thurs. Granted he wasn't great but he'd played well in both legs v Asteras so don't get the OTT critique....and he shouldn't be compared to SJM as that's not fair neither

Greenbeard
09-08-2018, 08:11 AM
Who will be on the bench as back up goalie if Bogdan is bogged down by injury and is oot?

Sir David Gray
09-08-2018, 08:19 AM
Who will be on the bench as back up goalie if Bogdan is bogged down by injury and is oot?

Dabrowski?

danhibees1875
09-08-2018, 08:22 AM
This line up is a bit left-field! In fact Boyle, Stevenson, Slivka and Swanson are all on the left. :wink:

Unless we're playing Bogdan upfront, they're all on the right. :wink:

Greenbeard
09-08-2018, 08:36 AM
Dabrowski?
Forgot about him. Glad he is still here! Trusting he is fit. Game time in any of the recent reserve/development games? Albeit Molde a bit different from Selkirk, Tranent etc

JimBHibees
09-08-2018, 08:44 AM

Gray Efe Ryan Hanlon

Flo

Would be amazed if Paul was left back. Dont disagree we need to be tight though.

Souter96Mac
09-08-2018, 08:49 AM
If Bogdan and Daz are out, I'd go:
Laidlaw
Gray Efe Hanlon Stevenson
Marv
Slivka Mallan
Hyndman
Boyle Kamberi

B.H.F.C
09-08-2018, 08:50 AM

Gray Efe Ryan Hanlon

Flo

I also think there is a chance we could go to a back four. But it would be with Hanlon at centre half and Stevenson at left back.

Scooter
09-08-2018, 08:57 AM
4-4-1-1

Bogdan/Laidlaw

Gray
Eye
Hanlon
Stevenson

Boyle
Slivka
Mallan
Swanson

Hyndman

Kamberi

Or if Hyndman can't play bring in Bartley and move Mallan forward

Hibby Kay-Yay
09-08-2018, 08:59 AM
.......................Laidlaw.................... ..

...........Efe......Porteous......Hanlon......

SDG...........Slivka.....Mallan.........Lewis

........Boyle...................Hyndman........

.........................Flo...................... .....

Hibby Kay-Yay
09-08-2018, 09:04 AM
I also think there is a chance we could go to a back four. But it would be with Hanlon at centre half and Stevenson at left back.

Who would you play wide left? Not sure if Agyepong is available for this one?

FifeHibs
09-08-2018, 09:07 AM

Is Agyepong still awaiting a UK work permit.

B.H.F.C
09-08-2018, 09:09 AM

That’s the problem part for me but Lennon has played quite conservative at times and played the likes of Slivka wide. He even played McGeough wide.

We’ll see tonight how much confidence he has in Porteous IMO. I’d just stick with the back 3 and play him.

calumhibee1
09-08-2018, 09:15 AM
Bogdan

Gray Ambrose Hanlon
Boyle Stevenson

Mallan
Slivka Swanson

Kamberi McClaren

I actually like the look of that, probably more because I’ve been racking my brain to try see how we can fit in SDG, Boyle, Jamie Mac and Flo all at once but haven’t really managed it other than a 4-4-2 which I don’t think would work.

danhibees1875
09-08-2018, 09:23 AM
.......................Laidlaw.................... ..

...........Efe......Porteous......Hanlon......

SDG...........Slivka.....Mallan.........Lewis

........Boyle...................Hyndman........

.........................Flo...................... .....

I quite like that actually. :agree:

Sir David Gray
09-08-2018, 09:26 AM
Based on what Hibs said yesterday I don't see Agyepong or Hyndman playing tonight.

Tha Cabbage Kid
09-08-2018, 09:28 AM
Bogdan

Ambrose McGregor Hanlon

Gray Mallan Slivka Swanson Stevenson

Kamberi McLaren

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

hfc rd
09-08-2018, 09:31 AM
Based on what Hibs said yesterday I don't see Agyepong or Hyndman playing tonight.

Don’t know what was said yesterday but the reason why we got the Hyndman deal done very quickly was to beat the deadline. Don’t see why he wouldn’t play. Maybe not from the start but should probably come on some point during the match.

green day
09-08-2018, 09:32 AM
Lots of variations on here - If we have injury issues, that might dictate the team rather than any tactical changes due to SJM leaving.

I still think we have a very decent team on paper, and - importantly - will have players on the bench to change formation if required.

My biggest worry is at the back, wonder if Lennon will be tempted to play Daz even if not quite right?

oneone73
09-08-2018, 09:32 AM
Don’t know what was said yesterday but the reason why we got the Hyndman deal done very quickly was to beat the deadline. Don’t see why he wouldn’t play. Maybe not from the start but should probably come on some point during the match.

Might have been rushed through with the second leg in mind.

Sir David Gray
09-08-2018, 09:40 AM

I've read the official announcement again and it's a bit more hopeful than I remember it from yesterday.

It does say that we still need international clearance to be granted but it also says that if it's granted then he'll play tonight so Hibs are possibly hoping it will be done today.

HibsTYT
09-08-2018, 09:45 AM
Wonder if BKD (Big Kev Dabrowski) will get a sniff tonight if bogdan is out?

Obviously still got Laidlaw if not but I have seen BKD for the Development Squad and reckon he could put a good performance in.

Might be too much pressure on him though.

Iain G
09-08-2018, 09:47 AM
Bogdan

Ambrose McGregor Hanlon

Gray Mallan Slivka Swanson Stevenson

Kamberi McLaren

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

I think there will be very little tinkering:

Bogdan (or Laidlaw)

Efe Porteous Hanlon

Gray Slivka Bartley Mallan Lewis

Boyle Flo

hfc rd
09-08-2018, 09:50 AM

Bogdan (or Laidlaw)

Efe Porteous Hanlon

Boyle Flo

I think that will be the team as well

Blaster
09-08-2018, 09:51 AM

Bogdan (or Laidlaw)

Efe Porteous Hanlon

Boyle Flo

Yes team for me too. Boyle maybe just off Flo

bingo70
09-08-2018, 10:05 AM
If Bogdan doesn't make it, is it absolutely certain Laidlaw will replace him? Not played much football recently and in his 45 minutes against Blackburn he made a bit of an erse of their goal.

I know we had problems with a young goalie a couple of years ago against Brondby but for those that have seen Dabrowski, could he potentially start ahead of Laidlaw tonight?

Stevie Reid
09-08-2018, 10:07 AM
If Bogdan doesn't make it, is it absolutely certain Laidlaw will replace him? Not played much football recently and in his 45 minutes against Blackburn he made a bit of an erse of their goal.

I know we had problems with a young goalie a couple of years ago against Brondby but for those that have seen Dabrowski, could he potentially start ahead of Laidlaw tonight?

I'd always want to go with experience in this case, and Laidlaw has it. Was brilliant away at Brondby, and has much experience of big games in front of big crowds.

Putting a young and very inexperienced goalkeeper in would be a boost for Molde as well.

erin go bragh
09-08-2018, 10:15 AM
Wonder if BKD (Big Kev Dabrowski) will get a sniff tonight if bogdan is out?

Obviously still got Laidlaw if not but I have seen BKD for the Development Squad and reckon he could put a good performance in.

Might be too much pressure on him though.
He will get on the bench if Bogdan doesn’t make it .
Lennon has already said , he has every faith in Laidlaw as he played well against Brondby away .

J-C
09-08-2018, 10:19 AM
4-4-1-1 would be a good shout, we have pace with Boyle and it would keep a decent shape while giving us an attacking threat. MacLaren isn't up to speed yet and asking him to be a starter may be too much, as long as we get support to Flo we have a chance. Hyndman can play in that whole with Boyle rampaging down the wing, Boyle is also very good at tracking back and defending.

Laidlaw

Gray
Efe
Hanlon
Lewis

Boyle
Slivka
Bartley
Mallan

Hyndman

Kamberi

Mr_F
09-08-2018, 10:21 AM
Bogdan

Gray Efe Hanlon Stevenson

Boyle Slivka Mallan Hyndman Agyepong

Kamberi

ancient hibee
09-08-2018, 10:55 AM
I’m surprised that having burst a gut to get Maclaren so many don’t want to start him in a game we must win.For me Gray in a back three allows Boyle to play wide,his best position.Otherwise it’s a choice between Gray and Boyle for wing back depending on how Lennon rates Molde as an attacking team.

Sir David Gray
09-08-2018, 12:01 PM
I’m surprised that having burst a gut to get Maclaren so many don’t want to start him in a game we must win.For me Gray in a back three allows Boyle to play wide,his best position.Otherwise it’s a choice between Gray and Boyle for wing back depending on how Lennon rates Molde as an attacking team.

Agreed. I would start Maclaren.

Blaster
09-08-2018, 12:03 PM

More of a fitness thing for me with Maclaren. Gray’s ability in the air could be handy too at wing back

Speedway
09-08-2018, 01:14 PM

eh?

We've signed Mallan, Kamberi, Bogdan, MacLaren, Ageypong and Hyndman; two of which were for six figures , three of which are full internationals and four of which come from EPL or ECL sides.

Where's the issue?

Speedway
09-08-2018, 01:23 PM

Gray Efe Ryan Hanlon

Flo

I think Lenny favours Whitts ahead of Bartley in that side.

I think we're going 3-5-2 tonight

Jersey Seller

Iffy Efe
Ian
Hanners

Squirrel
Vikki
Missing Legs
Melons
Bob

Benjemin
Gash

Subs
Me
Slaphead
Turk
Yankee Doodle
Chalky
Stan
Danny Swanson

SChibs
09-08-2018, 01:36 PM
Bogdan

Gray Ambrose Hanlon
Boyle Stevenson

Mallan
Slivka Swanson

Kamberi McClaren

Not sure boyle and Stevenson on the same wing would work well but they may link up decent. Molde won't be expecting that