PDA

View Full Version : Is There An SJM Sell On Fee Clause?

Dashing Bob S
08-08-2018, 07:53 PM
Doubt it but hope so. Can see him going for 10 mill plus in s couple of seasons. In fact (sadly) he’s probably already worth twice that much just by virtue of signing for an English club.

And those tramps thought they had a chance. Reality check for them.

GloryGlory
08-08-2018, 07:54 PM
Doubt it but hope so. Can see him going for 10 mill plus in s couple of seasons. In fact (sadly) he’s probably already worth twice that much just by virtue of signing for an English club.

Would hope so. Seems to be standard practice these days.

houstonhibbee
08-08-2018, 07:54 PM

10% was mentioned somewhere - also an extra $2mln if AV get promoted

WhileTheChief..
08-08-2018, 07:55 PM
Lennon said he’s sure there will be add-ons, bonuses and so on to come.

If Villa sold him in Jan they’d get +£10m.

A Hi-Bee
08-08-2018, 08:04 PM

Thats for the two clubs to know and for the rest of us to guess and rumour!
Dead right about the second part though, they need many more reality checks.

Shore Thing
08-08-2018, 08:14 PM
I like the thought that Sir Alan of Stubbs will benefit to the tune of over a million quid(?) from the sale of his man today. Due to st mirren’s sell on clause.

Stuart93
08-08-2018, 08:15 PM
I like the thought that Sir Alan of Stubbs will benefit to the tune of over a million quid(?) from the sale of his man today. Due to st mirren’s sell on clause.

I don't purely due to the fact st mirren are in the same league as us.

Shore Thing
08-08-2018, 08:19 PM
I don't purely due to the fact st mirren are in the same league as us.
Good point! I’m letting my sentimental side get the better of me 😄

ScottB
08-08-2018, 08:27 PM
Given £20million plus is now regularly banded about even for Championship players, the sky is the limit. If he ends up performing in the Premier League, even more. £80 odd million for Harry Maguire or Zaha!

Even a 10% sell on clause could end up being worth as much, or more, than what we just got.

Bristolhibby
08-08-2018, 08:34 PM

To be used against Hibs.

Fair play for having add on fees, I’m sure we do the same thing.

J

21sMay
08-08-2018, 08:43 PM
33% 😏

Ken
08-08-2018, 08:44 PM
He’s already worth £10m+ given he’s signed a 4 year deal. I think he’ll be worth £20m by the end of the season. Crazy money down south and it seems to be getting worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21sMay
08-08-2018, 08:44 PM
what I've heard is 2 million on promotion at end of this season, if they get if course. if not then a 10% sell on

Speedy
08-08-2018, 08:46 PM
Does anyone know how sell ons work, do they carry on forever?

Say the St Mirren 33% is true and we get 15% of the next sale, does 5% go to St Mirren with 10% to us?

21sMay
08-08-2018, 08:49 PM

Say the St Mirren 33% is true and we get 15% of the next sale, does 5% go to St Mirren with 10% to us?

no just for the first transfer

CropleyWasGod
08-08-2018, 09:02 PM
no just for the first transferWhat does the contract say?

We got a couple of sell-on fees for Fletcher and, I think, Bamba.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

21sMay
08-08-2018, 09:10 PM
What does the contract say?

We got a couple of sell-on fees for Fletcher and, I think, Bamba.

obviously I don't know what the transfer says but I had never heard about any future sell ons after the initial transfer . maybe I'm mistaken ? apologies if so

Vini1875
08-08-2018, 09:25 PM

Yes any money we recieve from future sales St Mirren recieve whatever their percentage is.

FWIW worth of course Hibs will have some sort of sell on clause, given the English market it would be insane not to have some invested in future transactions.

LustForLeith
08-08-2018, 10:12 PM
Lennon said he’s sure there will be add-ons, bonuses and so on to come.

If Villa sold him in Jan they’d get +£10m.

Do managers get a say in how much a player goes fir? Anastasia wondered their involvement

Cat Stanton
08-08-2018, 10:43 PM
Do managers get a say in how much a player goes fir? Anastasia wondered their involvement

Pardon? I think you may have had enough. Anastasia also..

HibbySpurs
09-08-2018, 07:22 AM

As with everything in life the "devil is in the detail" but I could see St. Mirren getting 33% (if that's the actual figure) of any additional fee we receive.

For example if we have a 10% sell on clause and AV sold him for £30M two years from now we would be entitled to £3M of which St. Mirren would get £1M out of our £3M.

mjhibby
09-08-2018, 07:33 AM
As with everything in life the "devil is in the detail" but I could see St. Mirren getting 33% (if that's the actual figure) of any additional fee we receive.

For example if we have a 10% sell on clause and AV sold him for £30M two years from now we would be entitled to £3M of which St. Mirren would get £1M out of our £3M.

I doubt it. There have to be a separate sell on clause for that. St Mirren will get their percentage of any fees we get from Aston villa but after that the money is ours. Sjms signing could turn out to be our bes transfer since fletcher.

HibbySpurs
09-08-2018, 07:38 AM
I doubt it. There have to be a separate sell on clause for that. St Mirren will get their percentage of any fees we get from Aston villa but after that the money is ours. Sjms signing could turn out to be our bes transfer since fletcher.

I hope that is the case also, just pointing out how potentially it could work if St. Mirren are entitled to anything from a further sale.

Chic Murray
09-08-2018, 07:43 AM
Pardon? I think you may have had enough. Anastasia also..

You've got to have some sympathy for the devil.

ElginHibbie
09-08-2018, 08:00 AM

I am sure Queens Park got something from Andy Robertson going to Liverpool and would imagine that will be standard these days, St Mirren may not get as much 33% of any future fees we get but I would bet they would get something

CropleyWasGod
09-08-2018, 08:10 AM
I doubt it. There have to be a separate sell on clause for that. St Mirren will get their percentage of any fees we get from Aston villa but after that the money is ours. Sjms signing could turn out to be our bes transfer since fletcher....And we also got more than 1 sell-on fee for SF.

danhibees1875
09-08-2018, 08:16 AM

We won't know for sure without seeing the contract; but I'd imagine the person you quoted would be right. It would make the most sense if the contract said StM get X% of all future income from SJM. Otherwise I'm not sure where you would draw the line with add-ons, and StM could end up aggrieved if a deal was done with add-ons down the line (probably common enough for it not to be Hibs being sly) that they didn't get a chunk of.

Although they can't be too aggrieved, they've done pretty well out of someone who still needed to be developed and was on the verge of leaving for £0 to America apparently.

mjhibby
09-08-2018, 08:18 AM
...And we also got more than 1 sell-on fee for SF.

We did but that is unusual. Maybe that is what rod was meaning when he said the sell on clause is nowhere near 33%. It was one throwaway line by the St Mirren chairman appeasing his fans. Its never been confirmed by either club so its likely to be around 20% IMHO with maybe a 10% of a transfer after that. That's sounds plausible.

Austinho
09-08-2018, 08:45 AM
We did but that is unusual. Maybe that is what rod was meaning when he said the sell on clause is nowhere near 33%. It was one throwaway line by the St Mirren chairman appeasing his fans. Its never been confirmed by either club so its likely to be around 20% IMHO with maybe a 10% of a transfer after that. That's sounds plausible.That sounds like complete guesswork.

cam75
09-08-2018, 08:49 AM
We had a sell fee with Scott Brown look how that’s turned out,makes it even sweeter sjm never went to celtic.

Ggtth

CockneyRebel
09-08-2018, 08:53 AM

I'm pretty sure that the sell on clauses % are for the amount IN EXCESS of what they paid for the player, so if we got, say, £3m from Villa for SJM and Villa sell him on eventually for £10m then we (and St Mirren) get our % of £7m.

Edinburgh Green
09-08-2018, 08:55 AM
That sounds like complete guesswork.

As is 95% of the information on football forums regarding players contracts.

danhibees1875
09-08-2018, 09:06 AM
That sounds like complete guesswork.

It doesn't just sound like. :greengrin

HibbySpurs
09-08-2018, 10:12 AM
We had a sell fee with Scott Brown look how that’s turned out,makes it even sweeter sjm never went to celtic.

Ggtth

That's the reason I'm pleased he went to AV instead of Celtic.

Would have said with 90% certainty that had he gone to Celtic he would have remained there for the rest of his career.

Now say with the same 90% certainty that he will step up from AV at some point to either a well established EPL club or perhaps even abroad.

HibbySpurs
09-08-2018, 10:14 AM
I'm pretty sure that the sell on clauses % are for the amount IN EXCESS of what they paid for the player, so if we got, say, £3m from Villa for SJM and Villa sell him on eventually for £10m then we (and St Mirren) get our % of £7m.

That would make sense to be fair.

danhibees1875
09-08-2018, 10:17 AM

Just depends if the clause is on income or profit.

On the plus side; if we buy him back for £10m, we'd get a 20% discount. :greengrin

worcesterhibby
09-08-2018, 01:15 PM
Given £20million plus is now regularly banded about even for Championship players, the sky is the limit. If he ends up performing in the Premier League, even more. £80 odd million for Harry Maguire or Zaha!

Yes but Harry Maguire won the World Cup with England didn't he ?

Eyrie
09-08-2018, 04:14 PM

Ggtth

I'd assume that Hibs have learnt from that and would want a clause about additional fees based on appearances, which would then be deducted from our share of any future sell on fees for a player.

jacomo
09-08-2018, 04:29 PM

It’s a real quirk of this deal.