PDA

View Full Version : Proud

Stuart93
08-08-2018, 07:02 PM
Proud of hibs for standing up to Celtic and their pathetic lowballing bullying tactics, something that can't be said for the majority of Scottish football.

Well done hibs.

scuttle
08-08-2018, 07:08 PM
Proud of hibs for standing up to Celtic and their pathetic lowballing bullying tactics, something that can't be said for the majority of Scottish football.

Well done hibs.

Couldn't agree more hate both sides of the old firm

Aldo
08-08-2018, 07:12 PM

Well done hibs.

Both the club and their fans expected us to roll over and take it because they said so.

Well done to LD and the club for sticking to their guns! [emoji122]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eyrie
08-08-2018, 07:45 PM
Screw Celtc and their orange friends.

Scottish football would be far healthier and more competitive without the pair of them.

Vini1875
08-08-2018, 07:50 PM
Good on Hibs, but I think a lot of celtc fans are pissed off with their board for the penny pinching handling of this.

renato
08-08-2018, 07:51 PM
Good on Hibs, but I think a lot of celtc fans are pissed off with their board for the penny pinching handling of this.

I suspect more of their fans will fall into this camp than the backtracking / blame Hibs / wasn’t good enough one.

Doh Rae Me
08-08-2018, 07:53 PM
We have recently smacked both sides of the same arse.
Proud to be a Hibby.

Onion
08-08-2018, 07:54 PM
Well done Hibs. Celtic only themselves to blame. Good luck to SJM.

Nameless
08-08-2018, 08:06 PM
It will be interesting to see who has the biggest impact at their new club, McGinn or Armstrong? I hope they both do, as it reflects well on Scottish football, but I think SJM will prove to be a better signing in the long run. If Celtic are lucky, he might retire to them, much like Keane did when his legs were gone.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

weedgiehibbie
Yip well chuffed :agree:

Someone on here recently mentioned on here that yes it as a problem that the old firm were signing players from Scottish clubs for such low fees but part of that problem as Scottish clubs accepting such low offers, here's hoping this is the start (small well done for Motherwell holding out for £1 million for Kipre the centre half) of the so called smaller clubs stopped being bullied by the bigot brothers :agree:

The Huns are doing the same to hearts with Lafferty that they did to us with Allan and that Celtic tried to do with us and McGinn. Pitiful offer but enough to unsettle and turn the players head. Lafferty currently playing right into their hands.

Credit to McGinn for being 100% professional with it all. **** Celtic, they expect everyone to roll over to them and let them nab the best talent on the cheap. They have enough to have met Hibs valuation but they were arrogant enough to think they could pull a sly one and Hibs would just accept. The contempt they and the Huns show to the rest of Scottish football never fails to amaze. Well done Hibs for quite rightly telling them to bolt!

Big_Franck
08-08-2018, 08:14 PM
**** Celtc. Proud of how our club handled this. GIRFUY Lawell.

NAE NOOKIE
08-08-2018, 08:22 PM
Can only echo what everybody has said … well done Hibs, lets hope other Scottish clubs can follow suit, though perhaps we were in a better position than most to counter their carpetbagging approaches. IMO their pathetic conduct has done John McGinn a huge favour, I would hate to have thought of him being caught up in the bigotfest goldfish bowl with nowhere to go …. now the worlds his oyster and I'm bloody delighted for him :aok:

SirDavidsNapper
08-08-2018, 08:25 PM
We will never be a pushover under Leeann.

Vini1875
08-08-2018, 09:17 PM

Borderhibbie76
08-08-2018, 09:25 PM
Yup well done to all concerned but especially to SJM for being the consumate professional throughout. Had he spat his dummy out it could have been oh so different...what a legend

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

SON OF PADDY
08-08-2018, 09:26 PM
We have recently smacked both sides of the same arse.
Proud to be a Hibby.

Amen to that brother !
The day's of letting these horrible club's, dictate to us are long gone.
GGTTH

Jim44
08-08-2018, 09:31 PM
Given the circumstances and the inevitability of McGinn’s departure, it’s been a less distressing day than some of us might have expected. He’s gone, but not in the direction we feared, and, by all accounts, we’ve picked up a healthy wedge in the process. And, hey ho, we’ve recruited a handy player on loan out of the blue. Realistically we are down on the day but shaping up well to bounce back and go on to have a good season, which, let’s not forget, has been quite tidy up until now.

Lemonade
08-08-2018, 09:32 PM
Delighted in the way we handled this.

GloryGlory
08-08-2018, 09:34 PM
I love how KDS was full of posts about "calling Hibs bluff" and getting SJM for nowt in January.

How do you like them apples, Lawwell and Brenda, eh? :na na:

Hibbyradge
08-08-2018, 09:34 PM
We will never be a pushover under Leeann.

We weren't a pushover under RP either.

GloryGlory
08-08-2018, 09:35 PM
Given the circumstances and the inevitability of McGinn’s departure, it’s been a less distressing day than some of us might have expected. He’s gone, but not in the direction we feared, and, by all accounts, we’ve picked up a healthy wedge in the process. And, hey ho, we’ve recruited a handy player on loan out of the blue. Realistically we are down on the day but shaping up well to bounce back and go on to have a good season, which, let’s not forget, has been quite tidy up until now.

Still got three weeks to strengthen, as well.

In Leeann and Neil we trust.

monarch
08-08-2018, 09:44 PM

From quotes in the newspapers and his press conference I don’t think Brendan Rogers is too chuffed with them either

70hibby
08-08-2018, 09:46 PM
what did i miss... i thought they said "dont worry we will get him for free in January" :confused:

:na na::na na::na na:

tamsonsbairn
08-08-2018, 10:24 PM
I watched his interview on Aston Villa's you tube. The guy just oozes class, had some good words to say about Hibs and the managers he worked with in Scotland. You've done yourself and The Hibees proud John. GGTTH. :nlgwa :gwa:

Sammy7nil
08-08-2018, 10:31 PM
I thought this was Fergie thread "Powd vey vey Powd"