PDA

View Full Version : Cairn Hotel pre match

Sioux
08-08-2018, 02:23 PM
I have a mate from Dunfermline meeting me on Thursday for the game and he has two kids with him (9 and 12). Anyone used the Cairn in Windsor St? In the past there was a basement bar that was reasonably comfortable, but that was then. Anyone know if that is used as a 'public' bar nowadays, or know anything else about the hotel?

Ta much.

Moulin Yarns
08-08-2018, 02:51 PM
Have you checked their website, or phoned them?

Jamesie
08-08-2018, 03:00 PM
Basement bar in the Cairn was a restaurant for a while but not sure if that is still the case. Personally I'd probably walk round the corner to Renroc on Montgomery Street - don't think there will be any difficulties getting children in there. It's a compact wee place but very welcoming.

Neil4Hibs
08-08-2018, 03:44 PM
I have a mate from Dunfermline meeting me on Thursday for the game and he has two kids with him (9 and 12). Anyone used the Cairn in Windsor St? In the past there was a basement bar that was reasonably comfortable, but that was then. Anyone know if that is used as a 'public' bar nowadays, or know anything else about the hotel?

Ta much.

I stay at the Cairn whenever I am up for a match. There is a small bar behind reception now, downstairs is their breakfast area. The bar is comfortable but pretty expensive as you would probably imagine.

Sioux
08-08-2018, 07:45 PM
Have you checked their website, or phoned them?

I'd rather hear from someone who has used it if that's ok with you. Incidentally their website doesn't have the info I was looking for.

Thanks for you help.

Sioux
08-08-2018, 07:46 PM
I stay at the Cairn whenever I am up for a match. There is a small bar behind reception now, downstairs is their breakfast area. The bar is comfortable but pretty expensive as you would probably imagine.

Thanks

Sioux
08-08-2018, 07:46 PM
Basement bar in the Cairn was a restaurant for a while but not sure if that is still the case. Personally I'd probably walk round the corner to Renroc on Montgomery Street - don't think there will be any difficulties getting children in there. It's a compact wee place but very welcoming.

Thanks