PDA

View Full Version : NHC Morelos Red Card Rescinded

Fife-Hibee
08-08-2018, 12:04 PM
Nice to see the SFA setting the bar early this season. Deliberate kick outs are no longer considered red card offenses.

Hopefully our own club take this on board when we cross paths with this lot again. :aok:

calumhibee1
08-08-2018, 12:05 PM
Everyone’s against them though mind.

SirDavidsNapper
08-08-2018, 12:06 PM
Kicking out is allowed boys. It's a free for all now.

Booked4Being-Ugly
08-08-2018, 12:08 PM
Hunbelievable!

-Jonesy-
08-08-2018, 12:11 PM
Beggars belief!!!

macca70
08-08-2018, 12:12 PM
Quite incredible!!!!

The ball is 30 yards away and he clearly kicks out and boots the boy on the hamstring!! Clear as you like!!

The league have also going to the effort to fast track a meeting to over turn it therefore now making him available for this weekend. Don’t remember us having an appeal meeting fast tracked.

It’s a complete joke!!!

GloryGlory
08-08-2018, 12:12 PM
Kicking out is allowed boys. It's a free for all now.

Yep. I can see the SFA is going to be inundated with appeals for any violent conduct dismissals involving kicking an opponent.

cabbageandribs1875
08-08-2018, 12:15 PM
absolutely the correct decision :agree:

allezsauzee
08-08-2018, 12:16 PM
So kicking a player is the same as kicking the ball away in frustration according to the SFA? :confused:

ancient hibee
08-08-2018, 12:17 PM
It was never a sending off,wasn’t violent conduct.Why was McKenna not yellow carded as he clearly started it?

Lancs Harp
08-08-2018, 12:18 PM
In his post match interview Gerrard said that Morelos "had given the ref a decision to make" so he wasnt exactly appalled at the decision then. As far as kicking out at an opponent offences go it was a bit powder puff, but still he clearly did kick out. Im half surprised the SFA havent awarded the game to rangers.

Greenbeard
08-08-2018, 12:18 PM
I usually think folk on here are paranoid and OTT about a Hun bias at the SFA but I've now changed my view.......

cabbageandribs1875
08-08-2018, 12:20 PM
It was never a sending off,wasn’t violent conduct.Why was McKenna not yellow carded as he clearly started it?

indeed :agree:

macca70
08-08-2018, 12:20 PM
There’s a zoomed in BBC video of the incident, I am really struggling to understand why folk don’t think see that as a straight red.

Morelos clearly lashes out with a kick at the Aberdeen player.

GreenCastle
08-08-2018, 12:21 PM
He booted the Aberdeen player.

Red card all day and not even a debate.

Madness and a farce but expected from the clowns running the game.

GordonHFC
08-08-2018, 12:21 PM

So if you walk down the street and kick someone up the archie from behind is it not violent conduct. What is it then?

NadeAteMyLunch!
08-08-2018, 12:22 PM
It’s irrelevant if it was a ‘soft kick’, if you give an opponent a soft head butt or a soft slap to the face then it would still be a red. Ridiculous decision

Cameron1875
08-08-2018, 12:22 PM
The linesman showed cajones and was adamant it was a red card. Disgraceful that the SFA can just overrule that because it's the huns.

If you aim to punch someone but don't hit them then it's not alright as the intent is still there.

**** the SFA.

weecounty hibby
08-08-2018, 12:24 PM
Red card all day long nowadays. But is anyone surprised that it was overturned? Nope, didn't think so. Everyone is against them though!!

lyonhibs
08-08-2018, 12:24 PM
Never a red. You'd think he took a running kung fu kick that way folk are going on about it on here.

If a Hibs player gets sent off for that, in that context, we're all going tonto on here. Guaranteed.

Joe6-2
08-08-2018, 12:25 PM
Never a red. You'd think he took a running kung fu kick that way folk are going on about it on here.

If a Hibs player gets sent off for that, in that context, we're all going tonto on here. Guaranteed.

Kicked out - red card

Stevie Reid
08-08-2018, 12:25 PM

Totally agree. Handbag stuff.

guthrie01
08-08-2018, 12:27 PM

I was about to say the same but just watched the close up clip on the BBC site and it’s clear Morelos kicks McKenna and by the rules it’s a red card.

hibee_girl
08-08-2018, 12:27 PM
Wait for the outrage from Gerrard and co when one of their players gets kicked and only gets a yellow

The Modfather
08-08-2018, 12:28 PM

Exactly, too many people can’t look past the fact it’s Morelos and Rangers and judge it objectionly. Why aren’t the same posters also questioning McKenna and why you are apparently allowed to forceably barge an opposition player off the ball.

It’s a general pet peeve of mine when a reaction gets all the attention and the punishment and the initial offence Is forgotten about in the furore.

Rocky
08-08-2018, 12:30 PM
I was about to say the same but just watched the close up clip on the BBC site and it’s clear Morelos kicks McKenna and by the rules it’s a red card.

That's what I thought too but pie and bovril have quoted the offence as 'recklessly kicking or attempting to kick an opponent'. I didn't know that was an offence in the rules but if it is, and the punishment for that offence is a yellow, then it seems like the right call to me.

danhibees1875
08-08-2018, 12:31 PM
I don't subscribe to any pro-rangers conspiricy nonsense, but I do think that's a nonsense decision. I don't see how you could look at a player kicking someone else and not think that's a red card. It doesn't really matter what went on before it with McKenna - that's a different question altogether and one the SFA should have considered after upholding Morelos' red card IMO.

Lemonade
indeed :agree:

It was a shoulder barge. Standing firm against someone trying to get past you.
No way was there anything wrong with that.

The wee Hun rat deliberately kicks a player. Surely that's a sending off.

Even if you take the stance that the Aberdeen player started it , then its retaliation which is a sending off.

Kato
Exactly, too many people can’t look past the fact it’s Morelos and Rangers and judge it objectionly. Why aren’t the same posters also questioning McKenna and why you are apparently allowed to forceably barge an opposition player off the ball.

It’s a general pet peeve of mine when a reaction gets all the attention and the punishment and the initial offence Is forgotten about in the furore.

OK McKenna should have been booked/sent off as well.

How this has been rescinded isn't beyond me, it is Scottish football after all. It's a red card every day of the week.

Remember when John O'Neil's laces got caught up in an opponents boots at Ibrox and he was sent off, unfairly imho? Hibs appealed and the red card stood. If that stood so should this one.

grammyb111
08-08-2018, 12:34 PM
It's one of those ones that you need to assess like VAR I reckon. Was it a clear and obvious error in giving a red card? For me, no. If the ref had given him a yellow card the same logic would apply and would remain a yellow.

snooky
08-08-2018, 12:34 PM
Strictly by the rules - possibly a red
Common sense approach - warning and/or yellow and get on with the game ya pair o' fairies.

Stevie Reid
08-08-2018, 12:38 PM
Strictly by the rules - possibly a red
Common sense approach - warning and/or yellow and get on with the game ya pair o' fairies.

Aye.

I'm pretty sure most people on here - as I was - were revelling in Darren McGregor absolutely panelling the Asteras player who was lying face down on the turf in the game at ER. Now people are up in arms about a pathetic wee kick leading to the rescinding of a soft red. Hibs.net can be a pretty sanctimonious place these days.

Apart from anything else, Rangers still played with a man down for 80 minutes at the weekend, so they've hardly escaped punishment.

Lancs Harp
08-08-2018, 12:39 PM
So we're all in clear agreement then :greengrin

Just goes to show how subjective these things can be and how difficult it actually is to officiate a match and we've probably all seen the incident several times on our TVs, laptops and phones.

shetlandhibee
08-08-2018, 12:40 PM
It’s irrelevant if it was a ‘soft kick’, if you give an opponent a soft head butt or a soft slap to the face then it would still be a red. Ridiculous decision
:top marksall day long this!! donna why somefolk are disputing it? straight red yellow for aberdeen player as(no more than a yellow)well,,,,IMO

Greenbeard
Just coincidence that 20mins later McKenna is off with a hamstring injury - the same hamstring that Plug banjoed?

lyonhibs
Aye.

I'm pretty sure most people on here - as I was - were revelling in Darren McGregor absolutely panelling the Asteras player who was lying face down on the turf in the game at ER. Now people are up in arms about a pathetic wee kick leading to the rescinding of a soft red. Hibs.net can be a pretty sanctimonious place these days.

Apart from anything else, Rangers still played with a man down for 80 minutes at the weekend, so they've hardly escaped punishment.

Exactly. "Big Daz got him good there eh?" and similar for an act (that I too loved and chortled at) with way more physical contact and, judging by the face mask the guy was wearing in the return leg, physical impact that Morelos wafting his wee twig leg in the direction of McKenna

Ralphy C
08-08-2018, 12:42 PM
I thought it was a soft sending off at the time, but do not understand how you can review the footage and disagree with the linesman that it was violent conduct. And if it was a Hibs player i'd be annoyed with the player.

guthrie01
08-08-2018, 12:44 PM
Exactly. "Big Daz got him good there eh?" and similar for an act (that I too loved and chortle at) with way more physical contact and, judging by the face mask the guy was wearing in the return leg, physical impact that Morelos wafting his wee twig leg in the direction of McKenna

I think most people enjoyed Darren’s “tackle” but where also aware that it should of been a red card.

BoomtownHibees
08-08-2018, 12:47 PM
Exactly. "Big Daz got him good there eh?" and similar for an act (that I too loved and chortled at) with way more physical contact and, judging by the face mask the guy was wearing in the return leg, physical impact that Morelos wafting his wee twig leg in the direction of McKenna

Of course folk enjoyed that however nobody could have complained had he been sent off

danhibees1875
08-08-2018, 12:49 PM
Of course folk enjoyed that however nobody could have complained had he been sent off

I'm sure there was one poster arguing the Tripolis player was pulling Daz down to the ground and should have been booked. He'd probably have complained at a red. :greengrin

BoomtownHibees
08-08-2018, 12:52 PM
I'm sure there was one poster arguing the Tripolis player was pulling Daz down to the ground and should have been booked. He'd probably have complained at a red. :greengrin

Haha. Aye every chance

lyonhibs
08-08-2018, 01:06 PM

Some most definitely would of, let's be real here. Anyway, my point is that I'm not particularly bothered by Morelos' winning his appeal because a) I don't think it was a real red card anyway and b) he's middling to mediocre at best

Frazerbob
08-08-2018, 01:54 PM
He booted the Aberdeen player.

Red card all day and not even a debate.

Madness and a farce but expected from the clowns running the game.

Maybe a wee debate lol

J-C
08-08-2018, 02:23 PM
I just watched t again, red all day long, whether he made contact or not the intent was there by him swinging his leg in a kicking motion towards McKenna.

Famous Fiver
08-08-2018, 02:34 PM
I am sure that I read earlier this week that they are inrtroducing yelloe and red cards for Managers in the EPL this season.

One of the red card offences will be for kicking over water bottles.

Any rules expert care to confirm?

It appears in England, kick a water bottle - red card.

In Scotland, kick an opponent - carry on son, nothing to see here.

Spike Mandela
08-08-2018, 02:44 PM
We all meekly let the authorities away with their behaviour over the EBT scandal with our 'let's move on' attitude so is it any wonder that they are emboldened now to brazenly cheat right in our face. No point moaning now when they do the unexplainable.

We have surrendered any pretence of sporting integrity in this country and our authorities are run like a banana republic.

snooky
08-08-2018, 02:45 PM
We all meekly let the authorities away with their behaviour over the EBT scandal with our 'let's move on' attitude so is it any wonder that they are emboldened now to brazenly cheat right in our face. No point moaning now when the do the unexplainable.

We have surrendered any pretence of sporting integrity in this country and our authorities are run like a banana republic.

Alas, ay been.

SChibs
08-08-2018, 04:17 PM
That's what I thought too but pie and bovril have quoted the offence as 'recklessly kicking or attempting to kick an opponent'. I didn't know that was an offence in the rules but if it is, and the punishment for that offence is a yellow, then it seems like the right call to me.

I think that offence would apply if the player has the ball and the other players tries to bring them down to take one for the team so to speak. If the ball is nowhere near the players then it's surely violent conduct

Bostonhibby
08-08-2018, 04:58 PM
Sevco have no chance of bridging the gap to the other cheek of a different erse so the SPFL is going to do what it can to help them. No surprise really.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Eyrie
08-08-2018, 07:36 PM

That was probably me, unless someone more sensible posted the same thing.

As regards Morelos, it was a deliberate attempt to kick an opponent so of course it's a red card.

GreenArmy1875
08-08-2018, 09:22 PM
What Stevie G says Stevie G gets. Get used to it as it will continue to happen.

Argylehibby
08-08-2018, 09:42 PM
That was probably me, unless someone more sensible posted the same thing.

As regards Morelos, it was a deliberate attempt to kick an opponent so of course it's a red card.

:agree: The intention was there so regardless of his aim or the fact it was powder puff it's a red card.

lapsedhibee
09-08-2018, 06:05 AM
In a word, bent.

BILLYHIBS
09-08-2018, 07:01 AM
Nothing wrong with a good old fashioned shoulder charge. You must remember them? It did not give him the excuse to kick McKenna up the Bahooky right in front of the linesman. Lost his discipline straight red! :wink:

ancient hibee
09-08-2018, 11:04 AM
Nothing wrong with a good old fashioned shoulder charge. You must remember them? It did not give him the excuse to kick McKenna up the Bahooky right in front of the linesman. Lost his discipline straight red! :wink:
I remember them!I also remember that the ball should be around somewhere and not somewhere else as it was the first time McKenna did it.

BILLYHIBS
09-08-2018, 11:29 AM
I remember them!I also remember that the ball should be around somewhere and not somewhere else as it was the first time McKenna did it.
It is a contact sport and there will always be a coming together between players all over the pitch.OK McKenna may have been trying to provoke a reaction and surely the best way forward is to keep the heid and punish him later by either scoring or creating a goal and not by lashing out and booting him and leaving his team a man down with still almost 80 minutes to go. The sensible solution would have been for the ref to have a quiet word with both but the fact Morelos had lifted his feet to another player and had been spotted by the linesman gave him little option. If it had been a HIBS player that had just been booted off the ball you would have been out of your seat demanding retribution. I know what you are saying but Morelos rose to the bait.Straight red! Remember Alex Scott he was always getting booted by opposition defenders and was sent off for retaliation where he was more often than not the victim. Mickey Edwards is another but he was on a short fuse anyway. The fact it was a Rangers player definate Red! What worries me is the fact that Rangers got away with one it has set a precedent and Gerrard will try it on again.:wink:

GGTTH

The Harp Awakes
09-08-2018, 11:50 AM
Aye.

Totally disagree. I think most folk are perplexed as to why the red card was rescinded. The Sportsound pundits on Radio Scotland last night certainly were.

Whether it was a pathetic wee kick or not, in the modern game that is a red card every time. Morelos would have known it 1 second after he lashed out and Gerrard pretty much accepted it was a red in his post match interview.

The decision by the review panel has now caused total confusion as to what merits a red card. I think the officials in Sunday's game will be raging as they clearly made the correct decision.

euro Hibby
09-08-2018, 11:54 AM
similar but different body part to the headbutt that does not connect. Last year Rangers got a rescind for that also....