PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: AGYEPONG SIGNS HIBERNIAN LOAN DEAL

Pages : [1] 2

RSS Bot
08-08-2018, 08:10 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9059)

Vault Boy
08-08-2018, 08:11 AM
Welcome to Hibs, Tom.

Dalianwanda
08-08-2018, 08:11 AM
Welcome aboard Tam GGTTH

Scottie
08-08-2018, 08:12 AM
Welcome to Hibs Thomas are you fit or on the treatment table today ? :thumbsup:

GreenCastle
Welcome !

Excited to see him play and the speed he will add to the team !

Sir David Gray
Welcome aboard.

Greenbeard
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/9059)
Braw but still no visa though?

KDY Hibs
08-08-2018, 08:13 AM
Happy days!!

Bob Box Fish
08-08-2018, 08:14 AM
Welcome to Edinburgh’s finest.

danhibees1875
08-08-2018, 08:16 AM
:thumbsup:

Big_Franck
08-08-2018, 08:21 AM
Braw but still no visa though?

Would have been useful to have him on the bench tomorrow but doesn't look like that will happen. Not sure why the visa is taking quite so long.

ryantaylor
08-08-2018, 08:21 AM
We’ve definitely kept this waiting to see if BB signed on the dotted line first. Anyway here’s to another fantastic season.

Greenbeard
08-08-2018, 08:27 AM
Would have been useful to have him on the bench tomorrow but doesn't look like that will happen. Not sure why the visa is taking quite so long.
If he is on loan presumably he is still officially contracted to and an employee of Man City so you'd think his existing work permit would still apply. Or is it deemed to be a new employment therefore a new application?

CapitalGreen
08-08-2018, 08:29 AM
If he is on loan presumably he is still officially contracted to and an employee of Man City so you'd think his existing work permit would still apply. Or is it deemed to be a new employment therefore a new application?

He's never had a UK work permit as he has never worked in the UK.

Jim44
08-08-2018, 08:31 AM

It’s probably lying in an ‘in’ tray or Email inbox, waiting for some clerk getting round to dealing with it.

Hibbyradge
08-08-2018, 08:31 AM

Yes

It'll be a working visa.

Paisley Hibby
08-08-2018, 08:33 AM
We’ve definitely kept this waiting to see if BB signed on the dotted line first. Anyway here’s to another fantastic season.

Doubt it. Lennon said he was signing ages ago...

ryantaylor
08-08-2018, 08:34 AM
Doubt it. Lennon said he was signing ages ago...

When we found out there may have been a possibility of Barker back it’s stalled this deal

Mitch9
08-08-2018, 08:38 AM
Welcome Thomas. Hope you have a good injury free season! Looking forward to seeing you and Boyle doing an overlap lol:thumbsup:

good luck

Hibbyradge
08-08-2018, 08:46 AM
It's not like Hibs to announce a signing until all the paperwork has been completed.

I think there's every chance that they were holding off in case Barker came back.

The_Horde
08-08-2018, 08:47 AM
I blame brexit.

Could be that we're announcing it today as the English deadline is tomorrow?

Greenbeard
08-08-2018, 08:54 AM
He's never had a UK work permit as he has never worked in the UK.
???? So how come he's contracted to Man City? If he is non-EU then he needs a work permit and would qualify for one as an internationalist.

Big_Franck
08-08-2018, 08:57 AM
I blame brexit.

Could be that we're announcing it today as the English deadline is tomorrow?

I think it's been agreed for a while and we were holding off on an announcement until the visa was complete. I think we've announced it today to lift anyone that might have been disappointed with the news about Barker last night.

allmodcons
08-08-2018, 09:02 AM
Am I missing something here? How long have we loaned him for?

CapitalGreen
08-08-2018, 09:07 AM
???? So how come he's contracted to Man City? If he is non-EU then he needs a work permit and would qualify for one as an internationalist.

He's never played for Man City in the UK though, spent his whole time there on loan in the Netherlands. He has also only gained one cap for Ghana, in order to automatically qualify to play in the UK, football players need to have played in at least 75% of their country’s senior international matches over the previous two years.

Austinho
08-08-2018, 09:10 AM
Assume he can’t even train with us if he doesn’t have a visa yet.

SirDavidsNapper
08-08-2018, 09:12 AM
It's not like Hibs to announce a signing until all the paperwork has been completed.

I think there's every chance that they were holding off in case Barker came back.

Thought the same thing

davhibby
08-08-2018, 09:21 AM

I think we announced him now as all you had to do was look at our squad registered for the game on Thursday with Uefa and he's in there, so people already knew he had signed.

Greenbeard
08-08-2018, 09:24 AM
He's never played for Man City in the UK though, spent his whole time there on loan in the Netherlands. He has also only gained one cap for Ghana, in order to automatically qualify to play in the UK, football players need to have played in at least 75% of their country’s senior international matches over the previous two years.
A potential issue then if he does not qualify automatically? I think you can claim for dispensation if you can demo that you will "make a difference" to the game but that needs an SFA panel to approve. That maybe could be the cause of the delay. But surely Hibs would not announce unless very confident that it is a formality.

norhfc
08-08-2018, 09:29 AM
Doubtful he,ll be match fit even if he gets the visa on time, looks like the paperwork delay could have cost us a player for Thursday. :rolleyes:

Anyway....Welcome to Hibs Agyepong (is there a song in there, maybe Aga-doo-doo tune :greengrin)

Since90+2
08-08-2018, 09:30 AM
Can he atleast train with the squad at the moment?

GloryGlory
08-08-2018, 09:33 AM

Wouldn't think so - training is part of the job, so that would constitute employment, wouldn't it?

Since90+2
08-08-2018, 09:34 AM
Wouldn't think so - training is part of the job, so that would constitute employment, wouldn't it?

Not sure hence why I'm asking , if he's not being paid by Hibs does it constitute employment?

LancsHibs
08-08-2018, 09:44 AM

I’m sure we will be letting him use our facilities to keep fit😉
Assume this is a season long loan?

The_Horde
08-08-2018, 09:46 AM

Surely we can take him on a trial?

GloryGlory
08-08-2018, 09:57 AM
Surely we can take him on a trial?

If he doesn't have a visa how can we?

Big_Franck
08-08-2018, 10:01 AM
I’m sure we will be letting him use our facilities to keep fit😉
Assume this is a season long loan?

Yeah, there must be ways round this. Just because someone doesn't have a visa doesn't mean they couldn't use our facilities to keep fit and meet new people, consider it a service to the community that we are offering :greengrin

danhibees1875
08-08-2018, 10:02 AM
If he doesn't have a visa how can we?

He can just train with us though. Surely nothing stopping that.

This is a working visa, not a visa to get into the country, unless I've missed something!

Franck Stanton
08-08-2018, 10:08 AM
Of course he can train with us. When you go on holiday you can still go to the gym/ run to keep for without applying for a visa to do so.

theonlywayisup
08-08-2018, 10:09 AM
Surprised there's no picture of him in a Hibs top! Even if that's during training matches.

The_Sauz
08-08-2018, 10:46 AM

Barker signed for Preston on a temp deal on Tuesday :agree: I think he was hoping to come back, but Man City sent him to Preston :grr:

Hi Heid Yin
08-08-2018, 12:29 PM
Doubtful he,ll be match fit even if he gets the visa on time, looks like the paperwork delay could have cost us a player for Thursday. :rolleyes:

Anyway....Welcome to Hibs Agyepong (is there a song in there, maybe Aga-doo-doo tune :greengrin)

Yes, to Aga-doo-doo-doo

Agyepong-pong-pong
sing along, sing along
Agyepong-pong-pong
sing along, sing along

:greengrin

Looper
08-08-2018, 12:41 PM
Welcome Agy :flag:

LReilly95
08-08-2018, 12:43 PM
Agyepong-pong-pong
Put that ball where it belongs
Agyepong-pong-pong
Put that ball where it belongs

NAE NOOKIE
08-08-2018, 02:07 PM
It’s probably lying in an ‘in’ tray or Email inbox, waiting for some clerk getting round to dealing with it.

Clerks need love too you know. They also need lunch, tea breaks possibly fag breaks, annual leave, public holidays and sick leave. Its not all about bloody football you know :rolleyes:

Keith_M
08-08-2018, 02:20 PM
Clerks need love too you know. They also need lunch, tea breaks possibly fag breaks, annual leave, public holidays and sick leave. Its not all about bloody football you know :rolleyes:

Stop yir moanin and just get his Visa sorted!

:na na:

NAE NOOKIE
08-08-2018, 02:30 PM
Stop yir moanin and just get his Visa sorted!

:na na:

Not my job mate … in two hours from now I'll be cleaning bogs :greengrin

Unseen work
08-08-2018, 03:53 PM
Feel a bit sorry for this lad as don’t think this signing has gotten anyone’s attention as it’s been going on for so long it’s kind of been overshadowed by other things.

Welcome to the club and hopefully you succeeed.

Callum_62
08-08-2018, 03:58 PM
Of course he can train with us. When you go on holiday you can still go to the gym/ run to keep for without applying for a visa to do so.

Ever tried to go on holiday to the UK as a true “foreigner?” Eg. Not European or commonwealth national?

We had to supply more info/documentation for a 3 week holiday back to the UK for my Filipina partner than I supplied for Permanent Residence in New Zealand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
08-08-2018, 05:00 PM
Welcome to the Hibees Thomas. Give us your all and you'll get it back.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Diclonius
10-08-2018, 10:51 PM
So can he play yet?

FilipinoHibs
10-08-2018, 11:21 PM
So can he play yet?

See a Man City signing just denied a visa. This deal far from over the line.

The_Horde
11-08-2018, 12:08 AM
See a Man City signing just denied a visa. This deal far from over the line.

I assume this was for Douglas Luiz?

I imagine Agyepong is different because he's played in Holland?

FilipinoHibs
11-08-2018, 12:25 AM
I assume this was for Douglas Luiz?

I imagine Agyepong is different because he's played in Holland?

UK very tight on any visas because if Brexit regime. Key is that he us not EU citizen We are having trouble moving Indian colleague who works for us in India for seven years to Edinburgh.

lord bunberry
11-08-2018, 12:27 AM
Lennon said he wasn't even over here yet.

Callum_62
11-08-2018, 06:35 AM
Based on my own experiences with the home office - i wouldn’t be surprised if this dragged on, or fell through completely

Absolutely disgusting the way we treat genuine, hardworking folk who are trying to come here

grunt
11-08-2018, 06:56 AM
Absolutely disgusting the way we treat genuine, hardworking folk who are trying to come here
I know this is off topic, but following the comment above, I read this awful story on Twitter today

https://twitter.com/fozmeadows/status/1027667863169990656

green day
11-08-2018, 06:56 AM
Why does he need a visa here, and not at his home club?

eastcoasthibby
11-08-2018, 06:58 AM
UK very tight on any visas because if Brexit regime. Key is that he us not EU citizen We are having trouble moving Indian colleague who works for us in India for seven years to Edinburgh.

So are visa's difficult for people with jobs to go to, than they are for people coming in with no definite jobs to go to ? Wonder what it will be like post Brexit ?

DetroitHibs
11-08-2018, 07:02 AM
So is he eligible to play against Molde?

Callum_62
11-08-2018, 07:04 AM
Visa for EU are not needed - same with us travelling to the other EU member states

Non EU is a lengthy, nerve wracking, cruel and wholly overpriced shambles.

My partners next 2.5 year visa is gonna cost us £1500 (which includes at £500 nhs “subsidy” even tho shes paid tax here for 2 years)

Anyway going off topic - main point is, its not just a box ticking exercise

Bristolhibby
11-08-2018, 07:08 AM
Visa for EU are not needed - same with us travelling to the other EU member states

My partners next 2.5 year visa is gonna cost us £1500 (which includes at £500 nhs “subsidy” even tho shes paid tax here for 2 years)

Can your missus get UK citizenship?

J

Callum_62
11-08-2018, 07:12 AM
Can your missus get UK citizenship?

J

After her next 2.5 year visa she can apply for indefinite leave to remain (permanent residence- which is about £2300 at the moment)

After that, because we will be married next year, she can immediately apply to be a naturalised UK citizen i believe- christ knows what they charge for that

If we weren’t married i think you need to wait 1 year after permanent residence

theonlywayisup
11-08-2018, 07:34 AM
Lennon said he wasn't even over here yet.

That's what I thought. Hence why there has been no photograph of him in a Hibs top or even at Easter Road.

CapitalGreen
11-08-2018, 08:10 AM
Why does he need a visa here, and not at his home club?

He doesn’t have a visa to play for Hibs or Man City.

Spike Mandela
11-08-2018, 08:16 AM
Are all EU nationality players going to need a visa post Brexit? Bit of a hassle if they are.

adhibs
11-08-2018, 08:19 AM
Are all EU nationality players going to need a visa post Brexit? Bit of a hassle if they are.

If that does happen, can guarantee that clubs from the english top leagues apications will be fast tracked through, and we'll be left waiting ages.

Sir David Gray
11-08-2018, 08:20 AM
So is he eligible to play against Molde?

I wouldn't have thought so.

I wouldn't be surprised if this takes a while.

Someone I have on Facebook has a Canadian wife and it's taken months for her to finally get hers granted.

GloryGlory
11-08-2018, 08:21 AM
He doesn’t have a visa to play for Hibs or Man City.

That's right - he's been farmed out to City's feeder club in the Netherlands, so hasn't actually been in this country.

I would imagine Hibs have a deadline for the work permit to be granted for this before the window closes- if the work permit doesn't appear soon, Hibs will cancel the deal and move onto another target. If the permit doesn't get granted there is little point in going through the appeals process, which could take weeks or even months.

I don't think we'd want to wait until 31 August and no work permit in place.

GloryGlory
11-08-2018, 08:23 AM
I wouldn't have thought so.

I wouldn't be surprised if this takes a while.

Someone I have on Facebook has a Canadian wife and it's taken months for her to finally get hers granted.

He is registered with UEFA for Hibs - it is the work permit that is the issue. If that comes through before the second leg, he would be eligible. However, I doubt he would play as he hasn't been with the team, we don't know what sort of pre season he has had and what sort of shape he is in.

Sir David Gray
11-08-2018, 08:26 AM
He is registered with UEFA for Hibs - it is the work permit that is the issue. If that comes through before the second leg, he would be eligible. However, I doubt he would play as he hasn't been with the team, we don't know what sort of pre season he has had and what sort of shape he is in.

I know he's registered but if he can't get a visa to work in the UK then his UEFA registration won't do him much good.

It's that which I'm worried could take a while to get approved.

JimBHibees
11-08-2018, 08:37 AM

That process and cost is shocking.

hfc rd
11-08-2018, 08:48 AM

Reading that Callum, I feel sorry for you and your partner. That is completely shocking! Can’t understand what were on folks’ mind to listen to racist idiots like Farage & Boris in voting for Brexit? Bloody pathetic! Sorry just wanted to get that off my chest, anyways I hope we are able to get this sorted very soon or potentially if it drags on then NL & the recruitment team might start looking elsewhere.

Sir David Gray
11-08-2018, 08:50 AM
Reading that Callum, I feel sorry for you and your partner. That is completely shocking! Can’t understand what were on folks’ mind to listen to racist idiots like Farage & Boris in voting for Brexit? Bloody pathetic! Sorry just wanted to get that off my chest, anyways I hope we are able to get this sorted very soon or potentially if it drags on then NL & the recruitment team might start looking elsewhere.

Brexit hasn't changed any rules for non-EU citizens.

Spike Mandela
11-08-2018, 09:46 AM

What will the post Brexit visa rules be once we are non EU though? I take it visa discussions are part of the negotiations at the moment.

Callum_62
11-08-2018, 09:51 AM

No- but might give a clue into the governments thinking post brexit

Take that, that it was then Home Secretary Teresa May that introduced the ridiculous “financial requirement”

That single rule has either stopped legitimate folk coming, or spilt up families during the process

green day
11-08-2018, 09:57 AM
UK Govt is deffo making things more difficult.

Book Festival had about 10 authors refused entry this year, WOMAD festival (organised by Peter Gabriel) had a whole bunch of artists refused entry.

Immigration is even getting told by home office to check on families which have a child on a UK passport with different name to the mother (I can vouch for this as it happened to us coming back from Portugal a month ago). We are married but for work reasons my wife kept her name - its bonkers, Westminster is taking us back to the dark ages.

GloryGlory
11-08-2018, 10:01 AM

Book Festival had about 10 authors refused entry this year, WOMAD festival (organised by Peter Gabriel) had a whole bunch of artists refused entry.

Immigration is even getting told by home office to check on families which have a child on a UK passport with different name to the mother (I can vouch for this as it happened to us coming back from Portugal a month ago). We are married but for work reasons my wife kept her name - its bonkers, Westminster is taking us back to the dark ages.

You've also got the persecution of the descendants of the Windrush generation, as well, horrible "get out the country" letters to skilled, talented people who have been here legitimately for donkeys years contributing to society, and sick people being refused cancer treatment despite being here for yonks.

The Home Office is a thoroughly despicable organisation that a parliamentary committee has condemned as "not fit for purpose".

Zazu62
11-08-2018, 10:04 AM
So when can he play? Anyone know?

Callum_62
11-08-2018, 10:05 AM

We had to prove that my childs mum was not married before in Philippines as if she was then the UK Gov would recognise the father as partners husband (no divorce in Philippines) and not the biological father (me), therefore removing her right of British citizenship.

ekhibee
11-08-2018, 10:15 AM
I know this is off topic, but following the comment above, I read this awful story on Twitter today

https://twitter.com/fozmeadows/status/1027667863169990656

That was absolutely disgraceful, and they were treated appallingly. If anything it puts people right off coming here to work- which is obviously what it was designed to do with all the Brexit love-in going on down south, even though they weren't European nationals. I would hope Agyepong doesn't have to go through all of this as well, the deal could easily fall through if they don't give him the required documentation or if there is an excessively long wait. Not cheap either, by the looks of it.

FilipinoHibs
11-08-2018, 10:17 AM
No- but might give a clue into the governments thinking post brexit

Take that, that it was then Home Secretary Teresa May that introduced the ridiculous “financial requirement”

That single rule has either stopped legitimate folk coming, or spilt up families during the process

Yes me and my Filipino partner are settling in the Philippines. £500 just for a tourist visa for her.

green day
11-08-2018, 10:22 AM
We had to prove that my childs mum was not married before in Philippines as if she was then the UK Gov would recognise the father as partners husband (no divorce in Philippines) and not the biological father (me), therefore removing her right of British citizenship.

Some of these stories are incredible - and as someone said above, the Windrush stuff (come over here, work like a dog - passport, eh naw) attitude makes me sick.

Not getting all party political, bu this is something that only happens due to the Westminster govt.

southsider
11-08-2018, 10:25 AM
What will the post Brexit visa rules be once we are non EU though? I take it visa discussions are part of the negotiations at the moment.
I suspect we will need a Visa to go to Europe which could cost anything up to £80 if reports are to be believed.

hhibs
11-08-2018, 11:04 AM
I suspect we will need a Visa to go to Europe which could cost anything up to £80 if reports are to be believed.

You can be pretty sure ,whatever happens, it will be a clusterfeck of epic proportions,but heh ,we at least ,have a choice, if we have the balls to do it....this time.

Nicho87
11-08-2018, 09:43 PM
Just watching a video of him on his time at BREDA. he looks some player. Hope this visa gets sorted asap. Him and boyles pace with Kamberi and McLaren in there. Frightening

Onceinawhile
11-08-2018, 10:20 PM
So theoretically, we could play him v molde away and (fingers crossed) Minsk / zenit away, but not manage to play him in the league?

Speedway
11-08-2018, 10:25 PM
As of Wednesday, he hadn’t even arrived at the club so doubt he’ll be involved on Thursday but you never know.

Greenbeard
14-08-2018, 09:06 AM
Daily Star via BBC Gossip still reporting a "visa delay". WTF is going on, or not going on? Something must be different in his case. Worry is that if his work permit falls through, we might have missed out on getting another player in that mould.

danhibees1875
14-08-2018, 09:17 AM
So theoretically, we could play him v molde away and (fingers crossed) Minsk / zenit away, but not manage to play him in the league?

Is that working on the theory that he wouldn't be working "in the UK" for our away games?

I must admit, I considered that previously but thought it might have been a silly question. :greengrin

Callum_62
14-08-2018, 09:17 AM
Daily Star via BBC Gossip still reporting a "visa delay". WTF is going on, or not going on? Something must be different in his case. Worry is that if his work permit falls through, we might have missed out on getting another player in that mould.

Its hardly a long delay, these things can sometimes be held up on the daftest of things

The home office is an absolute shambles of a department

Sent my daughters first UK passport to our old address - despite me sending them a letter saying we had sold our house and moved to new address

When I spoke to them on the phone they said they didnt have a record of that letter

When I picked up my daughters passport from the lady that bought my house...opened it up, in the 'evidence' they returned was that very letter.

FilipinoHibs
14-08-2018, 09:19 AM

New Brexit regime making difficult for all non-EUs.

TonyStokeprano
14-08-2018, 09:20 AM
Is that working on the theory that he wouldn't be working "in the UK" for our away games?

I must admit, I considered that previously but thought it might have been a silly question. :greengrin

Maybe time to just abandon this deal and look elsewhere, he's missed about 5 game's now that we could have done with him.

Allant1981
14-08-2018, 09:22 AM
Maybe time to just abandon this deal and look elsewhere, he's missed about 5 game's now that we could have done with him.

aye because the season is almost done now and we wont need him!

blackpoolhibs
14-08-2018, 09:22 AM

He signed for us on the 8th of August? :confused:

TonyStokeprano
14-08-2018, 09:25 AM
He signed for us on the 8th of August? :confused:

He passed a medical on the 28th of July, most paper's reported he was signing around that date aswell.

TonyStokeprano
14-08-2018, 09:37 AM
Would we not have to pay off his contract if he’s signed?

Quite possible actually, meaning were also paying just now for a guy that can't play.

Green Man
14-08-2018, 09:42 AM
If he’s not got a work permit, would that not preclude us from paying him?

TonyStokeprano
14-08-2018, 09:44 AM
If he’s not got a work permit, would that not preclude us from paying him?

Unsure as hibs have stated he is a registered hibs player, he must be getting paid from someone .....

Callum_62
14-08-2018, 09:46 AM
If he has no WP - we cannot be paying him

The_Horde
14-08-2018, 09:47 AM
Quite possible actually, meaning were also paying just now for a guy that can't play.

No we're not. Deals not complete until the visa goes through.

Allant1981
14-08-2018, 09:49 AM
He passed a medical on the 28th of July, most paper's reported he was signing around that date aswell.

just because he passed a medical then doesnt mean he would have signed then, seems strange the club would wait almost 2 weeks to announce his signing if he had signed then

Allant1981
14-08-2018, 09:50 AM
Unsure as hibs have stated he is a registered hibs player, he must be getting paid from someone .....

its a loan so man city will be paying him, he is there player still

TonyStokeprano
14-08-2018, 10:10 AM
its a loan so man city will be paying him, he is there player still

out of interest why would uefa allow hibs to register a player for europe that is still registered to man city ? And why would hibs have an article on the official club website stating thomas agyepong has completed his registration if hes still at man city ? ( what does completed his registration mean ? ) thanks in advance

TonyStokeprano
14-08-2018, 10:11 AM

okay thats fine, how the hell did we get him into our europa league squad before concluding the deal though ?

CropleyWasGod
14-08-2018, 10:14 AM

Is that what the contract says?

SirDavidsNapper
14-08-2018, 10:15 AM
Hopefully we'll get him in for the top 6 fixtures

CropleyWasGod
14-08-2018, 10:16 AM
okay thats fine, how the hell did we get him into our europa league squad before concluding the deal though ?

He is registered under UEFA rules, but can't play under the law.

blackpoolhibs
14-08-2018, 10:17 AM

The club announced that he signed on the 8th of August.

CockneyRebel
14-08-2018, 10:20 AM
New Brexit regime making difficult for all non-EUs.

If the guy is non EU then the Brexit process will surely have no effect on his application as the criteria remains the same for non EUs as it was before the referendum. I would imagine that it is EU applicants who will have problems as the Home Office won't a torrent of folk scrambling to get in before Brexit changes the current procedures.

CapitalGreen
14-08-2018, 10:21 AM
The club announced that he signed on the 8th of August.

It took at least 14 days for the work permit of Rangers signing Umar Sadiq to be completed so hopefully Agyepong is sorted by the 22nd of August.

TonyStokeprano
14-08-2018, 10:22 AM

Yeah I'm replying to the folk that are saying he's still a man city player and won't b costing us anything just now as the loan deals not complete, if that's the case then surely we can't register him for our squad until the deals complete.

CapitalGreen
14-08-2018, 10:24 AM
Yeah I'm replying to the folk that are saying he's still a man city player and won't b costing us anything just now as the loan deals not complete, if that's the case then surely we can't register him for our squad until the deals complete.

How much of his wage are Hibs paying?

When Man City loan players to NAC Breda (Agyepong's previous loan club), they cover 100% of the wage as well as paying the dutch club a development fee for each player.

TonyStokeprano
14-08-2018, 10:27 AM

When Man City loan players to NAC Breda (Agyepong's previous loan club), they cover 100% of the wage as well as paying the dutch club a development fee for each player.

I'm just wondering if these experts that are telling me the deals not done yet can explain how we managed to register a player whose deals not done yet ?? Thanks in advance

TonyStokeprano
14-08-2018, 10:30 AM

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-city-nac-breda-deal-11388338.amp

Man city have a deal with breda, we don't have a deal with man city, we paid a percentage of barkers wage and wel be doing the same here.

ahibby
14-08-2018, 10:31 AM
It sounds as though many posters believe he will be a permanent fixture in the first team. I'm surprised because while he has pace to spare he doesn't look as though he is a complete player to me and I thought he was being signed more for cover than anything else, I'm obviously wrong going by the posts above.

The_Horde
14-08-2018, 10:32 AM
I'm just wondering if these experts that are telling me the deals not done yet can explain how we managed to register a player whose deals not done yet ?? Thanks in advance

If he doesn't have a visa to work then we can't pay him. It's simple really.

TonyStokeprano
14-08-2018, 10:34 AM
If he doesn't have a visa to work then we can't pay him. It's simple really.

You told me the deals not complete, I'm just asking you now how we've managed to register a play for Europe whose deal we've not completed ? It's simple really

Silky
14-08-2018, 10:40 AM

Not sure how much Hibs will pay or be paying but having a look on the Home Office website seems to suggest that for a Tier 2 Sportsperson's visa the applicant must be sponsored by the team/agency he is working for. Hibernian FC are a registered Home Office sponsor. The registered sponsor must be able to give the applicant at least £945 to cover costs for a month if needed.

So I would imagine if City are not paying him, then we can give him the £945 needed to satisfy the Home Office.

CapitalGreen
14-08-2018, 10:51 AM
Not sure how much Hibs will pay or be paying but having a look on the Home Office website seems to suggest that for a Tier 2 Sportsperson's visa the applicant must be sponsored by the team/agency he is working for. Hibernian FC are a registered Home Office sponsor. The registered sponsor must be able to give the applicant at least £945 to cover costs for a month if needed.

So I would imagine if City are not paying him, then we can give him the £945 needed to satisfy the Home Office.

and could Man City give Hibs the £945 to cover our contribution to the player?

The_Horde
14-08-2018, 10:52 AM
You told me the deals not complete, I'm just asking you now how we've managed to register a play for Europe whose deal we've not completed ? It's simple really

The deals not complete because he can't work for us.

Put it this way, if the visa falls through are we going to be stuck with a player we can't play? Or will the deal be called off?

blackpoolhibs
14-08-2018, 10:55 AM

I actually have no idea how work permits work, but we signed him on the 8th of August and 6 days later we dont have the work permit yet.

I'm 100% sure we are not holding it up, what do you suggest we should be doing to hurry things along?

CropleyWasGod
14-08-2018, 10:58 AM

Put it this way, if the visa falls through are we going to be stuck with a player we can't play? Or will the deal be called off?

He is, however, registered with us as far as the footballing authorities are concerned.

He can't work for us, therefore he can't be paid, either by us or Man City (subject to the £945 mentioned above).

If he doesn't get his visa, it's back in City's court. They can either cancel his contract with them (with all the legal repercussions that has), or farm him out somewhere where he will get a visa.

GloryGlory
14-08-2018, 11:10 AM

I would imagine the deal between Hibs and Man C is "subject to work permit". Therefore no permit, no deal.

Lago
14-08-2018, 11:15 AM
Certainly dragging on a bit.

TonyStokeprano
14-08-2018, 11:17 AM

So you are allowed to register players with uefa that you haven't yet singed? Thanks for clearing that up, we should've registered horgan when we were first linked to him just incase we signed him at a later date!!

Should register Scott allan now aswell incase we beat molde and don't conclude the deal before the deadline.

The_Horde
14-08-2018, 11:19 AM
So you are allowed to register players with uefa that you haven't yet singed? Thanks for clearing that up, we should've registered horgan when we were first linked to him just incase we signed him at a later date!!

Should register Scott allan now aswell incase we beat molde and don't conclude the deal before the deadline.

You're a bit precious, eh?

U ok hun?

PM me I'm always here for u xx

Sir David Gray
14-08-2018, 11:22 AM
It's certainly a strange one. I would have thought that UEFA/SFA would only register players to play for a club that was employing said player.

It seems a bit back to front for the football authorities to register him as our player when he isn't even allowed in the country at the moment and currently cannot be paid by any employer (football or otherwise) anywhere in the UK.

TonyStokeprano
14-08-2018, 11:35 AM
It's certainly a strange one. I would have thought that UEFA/SFA would only register players to play for a club that was employing said player.

It seems a bit back to front for the football authorities to register him as our player when he isn't even allowed in the country at the moment and currently cannot be paid by any employer (football or otherwise) anywhere in the UK.

Spot on mate, better not let dexterstjock see that though, hel think your a bit precious

Liberal Hibby
14-08-2018, 11:37 AM

Could we play him in the away leg though?

steelendhibs
14-08-2018, 11:38 AM
Did he travel?

CropleyWasGod
14-08-2018, 11:38 AM
Could we play him in the away leg though?

He'd be working for us, a UK employer, so I'd guess not.

TonyStokeprano
14-08-2018, 11:40 AM
You're a bit precious, eh?

U ok hun?

PM me I'm always here for u xx

Very insightful respsonse, you sound very clued up on the subject

Silky
14-08-2018, 11:48 AM
I actually have no idea how work permits work, but we signed him on the 8th of August and 6 days later we dont have the work permit yet.

I'm 100% sure we are not holding it up, what do you suggest we should be doing to hurry things along?

Had a wee look on the Home Office website and a fast track visa can take around 10 working days. So I would agree with you, BH, I don't think the hold up is at our end. This just seems like procedure to me.

Souter96Mac
14-08-2018, 11:49 AM
Hope he's available for the County league cup game. I'd like to see us play a 4231 formation with two wingers.

Centre Hawf
14-08-2018, 11:49 AM
From what I was told Hibs had been working on his Work Permit as far back as the first leg of Asteras. The announcement was made that we signed him due to the fact it was leaked that was registered for UEFA and McGinn was potentially leaving and needed to try softening the blow.

Its a very strange situation and I have a feeling this will not go to plan.

flash
14-08-2018, 11:54 AM
This threads going well.

Springbank
14-08-2018, 11:55 AM
From what I was told Hibs had been working on his Work Permit as far back as the first leg of Asteras. The announcement was made that we signed him due to the fact it was leaked that was registered for UEFA and McGinn was potentially leaving and needed to try softening the blow.

Siri - explain Brexit Britain...

a talented person from overseas is not wanted in England but is both wanted and welcomed in Scotland, where we have an important date with a fellow European friendly neighbour.

Scotland's représentative is, however, left frustrated because the décisions (affecting our performance) are taken in London where théy couldnt care less about Hibs or Leith or the Scottish coefficient.

Scotland can and probably will reject London but not until it is too late and we (Hibs/Scotland) are out of Europe against our Will...

Heckys Wheel
14-08-2018, 11:56 AM

This guy’s having a nightmare.

Brightside

He’s signed for us. He just doesnt have working rights in our country yet. Uefa won’t care about that and wouldn’t check. It’s the club that would’ve fined for playing someone who doesn’t have working clearance.

Lago

You think it could end up one of those, we tried hard but couldn't get it over the line.:confused:

CropleyWasGod
14-08-2018, 11:58 AM
Siri - explain Brexit Britain...

a talented person from overseas is not wanted in England but is both wanted and welcomed in Scotland, where we have an important date with a fellow European friendly neighbour.

Scotland's représentative is, however, left frustrated because the décisions (affecting our performance) are taken in London where théy couldnt care less about Hibs or Leith or the Scottish coefficient.

Scotland can and probably will reject London but not until it is too late and we (Hibs/Scotland) are out of Europe against our Will...

Do you realise that, post-Brexit, all those who type the letter "e" with an acute accent will be charged with sedition, and sent to the Tower?

TonyStokeprano
14-08-2018, 12:01 PM
This guy’s having a nightmare.

Its a tounge in cheek response to dexterstjock who says the deals not completed but hes registered in our europa league squad.

TonyStokeprano
14-08-2018, 12:04 PM
He’s signed for us. He just doesnt have working rights in our country yet. Uefa won’t care about that and wouldn’t check. It’s the club that would’ve fined for playing someone who doesn’t have working clearance.

yeah he has signed for us which is what i was saying all along, dexterstjock says he hasnt signed and the deals not completed, so ive said for a laugh we should have registered horgan and allan! Sorry im no in the hibs.net licenced tounge in cheek club.

GloryGlory
14-08-2018, 12:05 PM
Had a wee look on the Home Office website and a fast track visa can take around 10 working days. So I would agree with you, BH, I don't think the hold up is at our end. This just seems like procedure to me.

You have to be Meghan Markle to qualify for one of those! :greengrin

Allant1981
14-08-2018, 12:06 PM
out of interest why would uefa allow hibs to register a player for europe that is still registered to man city ? And why would hibs have an article on the official club website stating thomas agyepong has completed his registration if hes still at man city ? ( what does completed his registration mean ? ) thanks in advance

he has signed a loan deal with hibs so thats why he will be registered, not hard to understand surely? we will be paying very little of his wage so man city will still be paying him, they will be paying all his wage untilthe visa is sorted, not sure why you are trying to make an issue out of it?

BroxburnHibee
14-08-2018, 12:07 PM
yeah he has signed for us which is what i was saying all along, dexterstjock says he hasnt signed and the deals not completed, so ive said for a laugh we should have registered horgan and allan! Sorry im no in the hibs.net licenced tounge in cheek club.

You're clearly going out your way to make friends in here eh?

Just tone down your response a bit and youll get on fine.

Centre Hawf
14-08-2018, 12:07 PM
You think it could end up one of those, we tried hard but couldn't get it over the line.:confused:

It seems to have dragged on for a while and I’m not even sure he has any international caps to help his case? If I had to predict he’ll either be here by Minsk (if we get through) or we’ll have cancelled it with enough Transfer Window left so City can send him off to somewhere else and we can find someone else.

CropleyWasGod
14-08-2018, 12:09 PM
he has signed a loan deal with hibs so thats why he will be registered, not hard to understand surely? we will be paying very little of his wage so man city will still be paying him, they will be paying all his wage untilthe visa is sorted, not sure why you are trying to make an issue out of it?

No-one can pay him. He can't work here.

CMurdoch
14-08-2018, 12:10 PM
I kind of want this to fail as we already have Horgan in his position and could spend whatever we would be paying Man City on McGinns replacement.

The_Horde
14-08-2018, 12:11 PM

I didn't say he hadn't signed? I said the deal hadn't been completed.. It's not?

Are you sure you're ok?

Juniper Greens
14-08-2018, 12:12 PM
https://www.mcfcwatch.com/2018/08/14/manchester-city-youngster-douglas-luiz-offered-to-champions-league-club-report/

Just saw this on SSN
Seems to be a lot of similarities here?

TonyStokeprano
14-08-2018, 12:12 PM

im no making an issue dexterstcock has claimed that he hasnt signed yet and i was wrong, telling me its simple calling me hun, sorry ive had the nerve to have a pop back at him

Lago
14-08-2018, 12:14 PM
It seems to have dragged on for a while and I’m not even sure he has any international caps to help his case? If I had to predict he’ll either be here by Minsk (if we get through) or we’ll have cancelled it with enough Transfer Window left so City can send him off to somewhere else and we can find someone else.
Thanks for that, can I just say nice to get a simple straight forward answer.😀

hfc rd
14-08-2018, 12:15 PM
I wonder if Lennon and the board have put a deadline on this deal otherwise might start looking elsewhere? It is dragging on a for ages now and God knows when the home office are going to grant the work permit.

Hibernian Verse
14-08-2018, 12:15 PM
I didn't say he hadn't signed? I said the deal hadn't been completed.. It's not?

Are you sure you're ok?

The "deal" has been completed hence why he is registered by the SPL & UEFA. The Visa hasn't been completed which is why he can't play.

TonyStokeprano
14-08-2018, 12:17 PM
You're clearly going out your way to make friends in here eh?

Just tone down your response a bit and youll get on fine.

just tone down your response ? im no here to make friends im here to discuss football. as usual if youve no go the same view as the folk who spend their whole lives on hibs.net acquiring 10000 posts your viewed as some sort of clown.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
14-08-2018, 12:18 PM
I take it he’s been training ?

TonyStokeprano
14-08-2018, 12:19 PM

Are you sure you're ok?

yeah im definitely ok mate, are you ok ? the deal has been completed like a few others have also stated but theyve got a much higher post count so youve no bothered replying to them, embarrasing.

FilipinoHibs
14-08-2018, 12:19 PM

Not in the UK?

The_Horde
14-08-2018, 12:21 PM
The "deal" has been completed hence why he is registered by the SPL & UEFA. The Visa hasn't been completed which is why he can't play.

And if said permit is refused, then what?

overdrive
14-08-2018, 12:22 PM

I would imagine not (at least with us or Man City) as that would be "working" which he isn't allowed to do. He's not even here. Perhaps if his work permit in the Netherlands is still valid, he might be training there.

The_Horde
14-08-2018, 12:24 PM
yeah im definitely ok mate, are you ok ? the deal has been completed like a few others have also stated but theyve got a much higher post count so youve no bothered replying to them, embarrasing.

Well that's nonsense right off the bat. I can't see post counts on the version of hibs.net I'm using.

Maybe it's because they're being a tad more sensible and not dishing out personal abuse or taking things far too seriously?

CropleyWasGod
14-08-2018, 12:24 PM
And if said permit is refused, then what?

As has been said a few times already on this thread, that becomes Man City's problem, as his intended employer. Either they cancel his contract, or they loan him somewhere where he can work.

The_Horde
14-08-2018, 12:27 PM
As has been said a few times already on this thread, that becomes Man City's problem, as his intended employer. Either they cancel his contract, or they loan him somewhere where he can work.

I get that, but what does it mean in terms of his deal with us?

Cancelled?

CapitalGreen
14-08-2018, 12:28 PM
I kind of want this to fail as we already have Horgan in his position and could spend whatever we would be paying Man City on McGinns replacement.

How much are we paying Man City?

Greenbeard
14-08-2018, 12:31 PM
I would imagine not (at least with us or Man City) as that would be "working" which he isn't allowed to do. He's not even here. Perhaps if his work permit in the Netherlands is still valid, he might be training there.
I believe that if you are a non-EU citizen applying for a UK work permit you can't do so from within the UK so I suspect he is not in the country at the mo.

CropleyWasGod
14-08-2018, 12:32 PM
I get that, but what does it mean in terms of his deal with us?

Cancelled?

He can't work for us, so there is no deal.

TonyStokeprano
Well that's nonsense right off the bat. I can't see post counts on the version of hibs.net I'm using.

Maybe it's because they're being a tad more sensible and not dishing out personal abuse or taking things far too seriously?

I never dished out any abuse to you and you started calling me precious and hun etc ?? No got a clue what your talking about with this personal abuse I've gave you.

The_Horde
He can't work for us, so there is no deal.

So then.. It's fair to say it's not 100% complete?

CropleyWasGod

Nowt.

ian cruise

Could he train with someone else, say Edinburgh City, to keep his fitness up? As long as he's not being paid a wage or playing games I'd struggle to see how he could be refused to do that?

Allant1981
14-08-2018, 12:34 PM
No-one can pay him. He can't work here.

sorry i meant when he gets his visa, thats why i said after it that man city will be paying his wages just now as he is their employee

The_Horde
I never dished out any abuse to you and you started calling me precious and hun etc ?? No got a clue what your talking about with this personal abuse I've gave you.

I imagined the deleted post then. :hilarious

CropleyWasGod
So then.. It's fair to say it's not 100% complete?

There is an agreement, but if he can't complete his end of it (ie can't work), the contract is resiled. ie cancelled.

CMurdoch

I presume and hope nothing at the moment.

CropleyWasGod
14-08-2018, 12:35 PM
sorry i meant when he gets his visa, thats why i said after it that man city will be paying his wages just now as he is their employee

I really don't think they can. He has no visa or work permit to work for them.

CapitalGreen
14-08-2018, 12:35 PM
Nowt.

We will be paying Man City nothing for the duration of his loan? Surprised people know the finer details of the agreement tbh.

CapitalGreen
14-08-2018, 12:36 PM
I presume and hope nothing at the moment.

So what money would we be putting towards McGinn's replacement?

spend whatever we would be paying Man City on McGinns replacement.

Lago
14-08-2018, 12:37 PM
Didn't take long for the insults to start flying about.:confused:

TonyStokeprano
14-08-2018, 12:37 PM
I imagined the deleted post then. :hilarious

Oh rite sorry for saying bellend after youd patronized me asking if I'm ok and calling me hun, I'm ever so sorry.

danhibees1875
14-08-2018, 12:38 PM
This threads going well.

I think I've heard that one a few times recently. :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
We will be paying Man City nothing for the duration of his loan? Surprised people know the finer details of the agreement tbh.

I misunderstood your post.... this thread is getting quite fraught :greengrin

I meant we are paying them nowt at the moment.

Allant1981
I really don't think they can. He has no visa or work permit to work for them.

im sure they were paying his wages when he was out on loan previously, was this because he had the right to work in that country? its all a bit mind boggling for me!!

CapitalGreen
14-08-2018, 12:39 PM
Oh rite sorry for saying bellend after youd patronized me asking if I'm ok and calling me hun, I'm ever so sorry.

chill out luv

CapitalGreen
14-08-2018, 12:40 PM
this thread is getting quite fraught :greengrin

You're not wrong! :thumbsup:

CropleyWasGod
14-08-2018, 12:41 PM
im sure they were paying his wages when he was out on loan previously, was this because he had the right to work in that country? its all a bit mind boggling for me!!

Indeed, it was a different situation then. He had the luxury of working in a country where visas are less of an issue.

SirDavidsNapper
14-08-2018, 12:41 PM
All seems a bit of a shambles. Can see Agyepong featuring in a few pub related quizzes in the future. The man who signed but never made it into the country :faf:

Allant1981
14-08-2018, 12:42 PM
Indeed, it was a different situation then. He had the luxury of working in a country where visas are less of an issue.

so if he doesnt get a visa he doesnt get paid? that seems a bit crazy, surely his contract is legally binding regardless if he gets a work visa or not?

Hibernian Verse
14-08-2018, 12:43 PM
And if said permit is refused, then what?Then I'd assume Man City will cancel the loan deal. But it won't be.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The_Horde
14-08-2018, 12:46 PM
There is an agreement, but if he can't complete his end of it (ie can't work), the contract is resiled. ie cancelled.

Sorry mate, but for me that's an incomplete deal.

I've just bought a car on finance, the deal is complete but I've got credit checks to complete.

CropleyWasGod
14-08-2018, 12:48 PM
so if he doesnt get a visa he doesnt get paid? that seems a bit crazy, surely his contract is legally binding regardless if he gets a work visa or not?

He can't fulfil his end of the contract, though, so it could be argued that (through his inability to obtain a visa), he's in breach.

We can't know what's in the contract, of course... City might have undertaken to arrange the visa and work permit, in which case it's their responsibility and liability for the wages. There may have been a "doomsday clause", whereby this kind of situation would result in a pay-off of £x.

CropleyWasGod
14-08-2018, 12:50 PM

I've just bought a car on finance, the deal is complete but I've got credit checks to complete.

Ok, I am not a lawyer.

CMurdoch
14-08-2018, 12:51 PM
So what money would we be putting towards McGinn's replacement?

If the Anyepong deal goes through we would pay an agreed sum to Man City for his services for the season.
We already have Horgan for his position therefore if the Visa is not granted and the deal does not go through we don't need a replacement for his position.
We would then still have the cash we intended to spend on Angepong to put towards the wage or transfer fee of McGinn's replacement e.g. the Finnish guy at Dundee.

Greenbeard
14-08-2018, 12:52 PM
Illegal to pay him if he doesn't have a work permit. Permits are also specific to an employer so if he had one for MC he would have to make a new application if Hibs are deemed to be his employer.

BroxburnHibee
14-08-2018, 12:53 PM
just tone down your response ? im no here to make friends im here to discuss football. as usual if youve no go the same view as the folk who spend their whole lives on hibs.net acquiring 10000 posts your viewed as some sort of clown.

As usual? :hilarious Ok then.....

CropleyWasGod
14-08-2018, 12:54 PM
If the Anyepong deal goes through we would pay an agreed sum to Man City for his services for the season.
We already have Horgan for his position therefore if the Visa is not granted and the deal does not go through we don't need a replacement for his position.
We would then still have the cash we intended to spend on Angepong to put towards the wage or transfer fee of McGinn's replacement e.g. the Finnish guy at Dundee.

Do Finns need a visa?

Do Dundonians need one?

:greengrin

CapitalGreen
14-08-2018, 12:55 PM
If the Anyepong deal goes go through we would pay an agreed sum to Man City for his services for the season.

Do you know this for a fact, if so how much is it?
Man City covered Agyepong's wages on previous loans and paid the other club a development fee.

And if Horgan or Boyle was to be injured, who do we have as cover?

Are you saying that if we sign Agyepong, the budget committed for him will rule us out of a move for Kamara or any other central midfielder?

SRHibs
14-08-2018, 12:57 PM

Get a life mate. TonyStokeprano has got some top, top banter that is going unappreciated purely because of his low post count. 🙈

The_Horde
14-08-2018, 12:58 PM

Except the manager clearly feels we do need more options for that position, or we wouldn't have signed him. So we would need to replace him.

Allant1981
14-08-2018, 01:09 PM
He can't fulfil his end of the contract, though, so it could be argued that (through his inability to obtain a visa), he's in breach.

We can't know what's in the contract, of course... City might have undertaken to arrange the visa and work permit, in which case it's their responsibility and liability for the wages. There may have been a "doomsday clause", whereby this kind of situation would result in a pay-off of £x.

glad its not me that has to sort it all out!

My_Wife_Camille
14-08-2018, 01:14 PM
This thread perfectly encapsulates everything great about hibs.net :flag:

Centre Hawf
14-08-2018, 01:27 PM
The way I see it we have told UEFA that we have agreed terms with City and signed Agyepong subject to a work a permit, all 3 parties I assume back this up and UEFA go "right no bother we'll put you down in the Hibs squad for when that comes through" he may even be registered at Hibs in general with the SFA and FIFA.

But I would be absolutely gobsmacked if we didn't have something in the contracts or negotiations that was "SUBJECT TO WORK PERMIT" so hopefully we're paying absolutely nout until he is legally able to play for us, and if that permit gets rejected we wave goodbye without paying a penny to him or Man City.

Sean1875
14-08-2018, 01:35 PM

You're only on 9854 posts so youre safe :wink:

calumhibee1
14-08-2018, 01:39 PM

From the fact he’s registered with us I would say the deal is complete. The deal would then have to be cancelled if he can’t get a visa.

Using the example you used, I’d say it’s more like taking out a car on finance, the deal is complete and you now have the car for 4 years. Only problem you now have is not being able to get it insured so you can’t use it. You’d then have to go back to the dealership and cancel the finance deal (unless for some reason you wanted to pay for it and never use it :greengrin)

Brightside
14-08-2018, 01:41 PM

Hes still signed though.... just so we are clear on that.

The_Horde
14-08-2018, 01:51 PM
Hes still signed though.... just so we are clear on that.

:hilarious

You can't take that as a scoop.

HibsNutter
14-08-2018, 01:54 PM
Man City just had a work permit denied for a would-be first team player so there is no guarantee this will go ahead.

Brightside
14-08-2018, 02:04 PM
:hilarious

You can't take that as a scoop.

No - I leave the scoops to the experts. :wink:

Hermit Crab
14-08-2018, 02:09 PM
Tony gets Scotland yard?

blackpoolhibs
14-08-2018, 02:20 PM
Christ almighty, a lot of hot air about sod all, he's signed a contract with Hibs and is waiting on a work permit to come through.

This happens all the time, it even happened when we signed Rocky.

Paisley Hibby
14-08-2018, 04:05 PM
So it's the Home Office holding things up? Hostile environment for immigration and all that...

Hermit Crab
14-08-2018, 04:08 PM
Seems like its taking a while to come through but theres no rush, he can't play on Thursday anyway and he will be well short of match fitness to play on Sunday. Maybe a sub appearance.

theonlywayisup
14-08-2018, 04:32 PM
Seems like its taking a while to come through but theres no rush, he can't play on Thursday anyway and he will be well short of match fitness to play on Sunday. Maybe a sub appearance.

Thought he could play on Thursday, if the visa situation had been sorted out.

CropleyWasGod
14-08-2018, 04:33 PM

He can. He's registered with UEFA.

Hermit Crab
14-08-2018, 04:36 PM

He can. He's registered with UEFA.

Ok fair enough, well theres no way he'd be starting on Thursday is there.

calumhibee1
15-08-2018, 07:49 AM
Ok fair enough, well theres no way he'd be starting on Thursday is there.

Aye, I think he can play if he was to get his work permit but like you said there’d be no way he’d be involved I don’t think.

Marciano took 3 weeks from the date we announced his signing to him getting a work permit. From the sounds of things the Home Office is even worse than it used to be so we could possibly be looking at September before we see him - although I suppose that depends if we started his application before we signed him (maybe wouldn’t even be possible to apply for one before him signing?)

Viva_Palmeiras
15-08-2018, 06:59 PM
Aye, I think he can play if he was to get his work permit but like you said there’d be no way he’d be involved I don’t think.

Marciano took 3 weeks from the date we announced his signing to him getting a work permit. From the sounds of things the Home Office is even worse than it used to be so we could possibly be looking at September before we see him - although I suppose that depends if we started his application before we signed him (maybe wouldn’t even be possible to apply for one before him signing?)

It did help that he’s undercover Mossad. Broke is finger neutralising a double-agent M Johnston.

CropleyWasGod
15-08-2018, 07:09 PM
It did help that he’s undercover Mossad. Broke is finger neutralising a double-agent M Johnston.Did he net a Yahoo?

Coat on......

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

IGRIGI
15-08-2018, 07:15 PM
This is going to be the 2018 sequel to "Dyan Mcgeouch - 2 weeks"

Spike Mandela
16-08-2018, 09:02 AM
Sign of things to come?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45206066

SirDavidsNapper
16-08-2018, 09:18 AM
Sign of things to come?

This is where living within our means will help us in Scotland. It will impact English clubs much more. I'd absolutely love it if they couldn't attract/or lost the best players, SKY lost interest and the clubs were left in massive debt with much less revenue. I've always thought the business model down south wasn't sustainable and even one external factor could impact on it massively. Maybe it'll be Brexit.

Famous Fiver
16-08-2018, 09:25 AM
Hell mend them for voting to leave the EU.

The masses were deceived by empty promises and little Englander attitudes so are going to have to live with the reality.

In my opinion.

IGRIGI
16-08-2018, 09:27 AM
Good news, more places for native Scottish players which in turn will improve the national team.

GloryGlory
16-08-2018, 10:08 AM
Sign of things to come?

If work permits are now going to be severely rationed, I hope doctors, nurses, scientists, teachers and the like are prioritised over professional footballers. Whilst it is nice to have these players in your team, the other professions mentioned contribute far more to society in the longer term in exercising their skills for the benefit of many.

ancient hibee
16-08-2018, 10:11 AM
Work permits are not going to be severely rationed.It’s people who do not have jobs here that are going to be restricted

The_Horde
16-08-2018, 10:13 AM
If work permits are now going to be severely rationed, I hope doctors, nurses, scientists, teachers and the like are prioritised over professional footballers. Whilst it is nice to have these players in your team, the other professions mentioned contribute far more to society in the longer term in exercising their skills for the benefit of many.

Like it or not. The foreign players in the EPL bring the league and in turn the country a lot of exposure and cash. So they'll almost definitely sort something out.

One Day Soon
16-08-2018, 10:14 AM

The masses were deceived by empty promises and little Englander attitudes so are going to have to live with the reality.

In my opinion.

And all the Little Scotlanders who also voted to leave.

CropleyWasGod
16-08-2018, 10:27 AM
Like it or not. The foreign players in the EPL bring the league and in turn the country a lot of exposure and cash. So they'll almost definitely sort something out.As do the foreign businesses that we will be turning away. Why would a special case be made for football?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

One Day Soon
16-08-2018, 10:32 AM
Good news, more places for native Scottish players which in turn will improve the national team.

If they can't shop in Europe/Rest of the World so easily they will come shopping more heavily within the UK single market. More Scottish players going down south - probably a good thing for our national side and maybe bigger transfer fees for us.

GloryGlory
16-08-2018, 10:45 AM
Like it or not. The foreign players in the EPL bring the league and in turn the country a lot of exposure and cash. So they'll almost definitely sort something out.

Yeah? And if you or yours are waiting for a hip replacement operation or cancer treatment and the surgeon can't get a work permit because she is lower down the queue than a footballer who earns £100,000 per week, that'll be OK because you can watch said footballer on Sky sports every now and again.

The_Horde
16-08-2018, 10:48 AM
Yeah? And if you or yours are waiting for a hip replacement operation or cancer treatment and the surgeon can't get a work permit because she is lower down the queue than a footballer who earns £100,000 per week, that'll be OK because you can watch said footballer on Sky sports every now and again.

Mate I agree with you. But that's not how Tories think.

CapitalGreen
16-08-2018, 10:51 AM

Depends what team they are signing for.

My_Wife_Camille
16-08-2018, 10:58 AM
Can a surgeon ping a free kick into the top corner from 30 yards?

makaveli1875
16-08-2018, 10:58 AM
And all the Little Scotlanders who also voted to leave.

Not forgetting the Little Walesers

Mick O'Rourke
16-08-2018, 11:02 AM

Maybe not !
But one day he/she may save the life of someone who can ! :wink:

Am confident we will see this laddie very soon in the green and white.

In Lenny we trust ........ and the HO !

Sean1875
16-08-2018, 11:05 AM
Well this thread has gone well and truly off course.. not like here :greengrin

GloryGlory
16-08-2018, 11:08 AM

Socrates, the Brazilian, was a doctor and he could also ping a free kick! :greengrin

SquashedFrogg
16-08-2018, 11:42 AM

In my opinion.

I find this opinion quite amusing. Dismissing the leave campaign as based on empty promises, yet suggesting that the remain campaign was based entirely on legitimate facts.

Both sides of the debate were led by politicians. Both sides made empty promises. It's what they do.

Lendo
16-08-2018, 12:08 PM
I find this opinion quite amusing. Dismissing the leave campaign as based on empty promises, yet suggesting that the remain campaign was based entirely on legitimate facts.

Both sides of the debate were led by politicians. Both sides made empty promises. It's what they do.

Putting aside this is a football forum about Hibs for two seconds. I'd be interested to hear what the Remainer's empty promises and illegitimate facts were.

Joe6-2
16-08-2018, 12:09 PM

This, it was voted for, but the remain camp, right or wrong, have made any progress totally impossible

Edit: let’s not lose sight of the fact this is a football forum, not a political platform

SquashedFrogg
16-08-2018, 12:21 PM
Putting aside this is a football forum about Hibs for two seconds. I'd be interested to hear what the Remainer's empty promises and illegitimate facts were.

As you say, this is a football forum so not the correct setting for starting a full debate. My point was more a general comment on a post. They stated their opinion and I did similarly. Seems fair enough.

My point however was that IMO people can't simply dismiss one side of an arguement without questioning the other. The debate consisted of polititians across the same parties. I think it's wrong to simply say one side lied and the other didn't.

I suspect the truth is somehwere inbetween.

SquashedFrogg
16-08-2018, 12:23 PM
Anyway....Has he got his work permit yet? 🤓 I also see BB scored a peach midweek 😪

The_Horde
16-08-2018, 12:26 PM
Anyway....Has he got his work permit yet? 🤓 I also see BB scored a peach midweek 😪

Funny that eh? Took him ages to score in the "pub league"

Hermit Crab
16-08-2018, 12:26 PM
Has the work permit came through, I wonder if he'll get an appearance on Sunday?

WhileTheChief..
16-08-2018, 12:28 PM
Mate I agree with you. But that's not how Tories think.

Just as well the SNP are in government here then with full responsibility for health issues in Scotland!

You’ve nowt to worry about with oor Nicola at the helm eh.

mayo hibee
16-08-2018, 12:30 PM
As you say, this is a football forum so not the correct setting for starting a full debate. My point was more a general comment on a post. They stated their opinion and I did similarly. Seems fair enough.

My point however was that IMO people can't simply dismiss one side of an arguement without questioning the other. The debate consisted of polititians across the same parties. I think it's wrong to simply say one side lied and the other didn't.

I suspect the truth is somehwere inbetween.

Feel free to post some of the lies 'the other side' told then. They pretty much just said that leaving the EU would be bad for the UK. Which it will be, it'll be a complete disaster if it happens, but I'm far from convinced that it will happen at all.

Agyepong would have been a good option to bring on tonight with 20 minutes to go if we were chasing a goal, it's a shame we still haven't finalised his signing.

Hermit Crab
16-08-2018, 12:31 PM
Maybe it has come through, he's match fit and is playing tonight, a massive bluff by Lenny. :greengrin

The_Horde
16-08-2018, 12:32 PM
Just as well the SNP are in government here then with full responsibility for health issues in Scotland!

You’ve nowt to worry about with oor Nicola at the helm eh.

That's a nice conclusion you've just jumped to there. Care to tell me how you got there?

Bostonhibby
16-08-2018, 12:39 PM
Maybe it has come through, he's match fit and is playing tonight, a massive bluff by Lenny. :greengrin☺

You stirring it again, trying to drag the discussion in the direction of the thread title?[emoji6]

It'll never catch on.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk