PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: AGYEPONG SIGNS HIBERNIAN LOAN DEAL

Pages : 1 [2]

HoboHarry
16-08-2018, 12:43 PM
FFFFRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDOOOOO OOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM......................... ............

:wink:

Hermit Crab
16-08-2018, 12:48 PM

You stirring it again, trying to drag the discussion in the direction of the thread title?[emoji6]

It'll never catch on.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

I get a lot of stick on here but I don't do much wrong.

Back on topic, I hope this permit is through for Sunday, want to have a look at this guy.

SquashedFrogg
16-08-2018, 12:48 PM

You stirring it again, trying to drag the discussion in the direction of the thread title?[emoji6]

It'll never catch on.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Haha

Bostonhibby
16-08-2018, 12:51 PM
I get a lot of stick on here but I don't do much wrong.

Back on topic, I hope this permit is through for Sunday, want to have a look at this guy.

:aok:

theonlywayisup
18-08-2018, 07:33 AM
Has the work permit came through, I wonder if he'll get an appearance on Sunday?

Anyone know if he's actually in the country. I've still to see any pictures of him in a Hibs training top.

PatHead
18-08-2018, 07:38 AM
I can’t understand how all the players who required work permits on transfer deadline day got them through in super quick time. This one seems to have gone on forever.

Dancehibs
18-08-2018, 07:45 AM
I can’t understand how all the players who required work permits on transfer deadline day got them through in super quick time. This one seems to have gone on forever.
Good points. Word on street was it was not submitted correctly. Member of staff on holiday who would normally handle it. I think hibs are confident he will play tomorrow

theonlywayisup
18-08-2018, 07:46 AM
Good points. Word on street was it was not submitted correctly. Member of staff on holiday who would normally handle it. I think hibs are confident he will play tomorrow

That's good news about tomorrow.

CapitalGreen
18-08-2018, 08:15 AM

Which players in particular are you wondering about?

Douglas Luiz to Man City - for example was refused a work permit

Playing a certain % of internationals in the last 2 years can allow a player to be automatically granted a work permit. The % is determined by the countries FIFA ranking. A Ghanaian would need to have played 75% of recent internationals to automatically qualify for a work permit.

PatHead
18-08-2018, 08:49 AM
Which players in particular are you wondering about?

Douglas Luiz to Man City - for example was refused a work permit

Playing a certain % of internationals in the last 2 years can allow a player to be automatically granted a work permit. The % is determined by the countries FIFA ranking. A Ghanaian would need to have played 75% of recent internationals to automatically qualify for a work permit.

Just seemed that towards the end of the window players were being signed subject to work permits then completed. Not necessarily with the top clubs. It would make sense with the international caps rule for the larger clubs. This particular deal seems to have gone on forever.

theonlywayisup
18-08-2018, 08:53 AM
Just seemed that towards the end of the window players were being signed subject to work permits then completed. Not necessarily with the top clubs. It would make sense with the international caps rule for the larger clubs. This particular deal seems to have gone on forever.

I'm surprised no journalist has asked the question we are all asking - when's he ready to play.

Billy Whizz
18-08-2018, 08:54 AM
I'm surprised no journalist has asked the question we are all asking - when's he ready to play.

It’ll be more like when he’s ready to train

theonlywayisup
18-08-2018, 08:58 AM
It’ll be more like when he’s ready to train

That's a question I've been asking - is he even in this country as we've never even seen a picture of him in Hibs training tops. It could be mid-September before we see him play.

Diclonius
18-08-2018, 08:59 AM
The new Phil Airey.

theonlywayisup
18-08-2018, 09:05 AM
The new Phil Airey.

At least he played a game for us.

Hadn't realised that that was his first senior football match. Apart from playing 49 games for Blyth Spartans since 2012, he's only played 11 games for three other teams including his one and only match at Hibs.

Sir David Gray
18-08-2018, 09:29 AM
At least he played a game for us.

Hadn't realised that that was his first senior football match. Apart from playing 49 games for Blyth Spartans since 2012, he's only played 11 games for three other teams including his one and only match at Hibs.

Away to Kilmarnock if I remember correctly. He didn't even play the full match and we got humped 4-1 I think.

calumhibee1
18-08-2018, 09:33 AM
That's a question I've been asking - is he even in this country as we've never even seen a picture of him in Hibs training tops. It could be mid-September before we see him play.

Pretty sure he’s not allowed to train with us (or Man City for that matter) until he has his work permit. Even if he got his WP this weekend I’d think he’s still a couple of weeks away from being any use to us.

GreenOnions
18-08-2018, 09:40 AM
Hell mend them for voting to leave the EU. The masses were deceived by empty promises and little Englander attitudes so are going to have to live with the reality. In my opinion.

I find this opinion quite amusing. Dismissing the leave campaign as based on empty promises, yet suggesting that the remain campaign was based entirely on legitimate facts.

Both sides of the debate were led by politicians. Both sides made empty promises. It's what they do.

I have to say - I agree. Much of the remain campaign was based on saying we will all be worse off by £x per week etc - often delivered as "fact". These figures were calculated by pre-existing models designed by economists to predict the outcome of something that's never happened before. That's sure to be right isn't it? It's use was much more prevalent on the remain side because most of the establishment and main stream media are pro-remain.

This is often the tactic where supporters of the status quo are defending it against change. I seem to remember it being called "scaremongering" during and after the Scottish referendum.

The masses (sic) have effectively asked why this supposed wealth deriving from EU membership is so important when they don't actually benefit from it. Deceived? Not in my view - I think this is an extremely valid question and it indicates to me the importance of more democratic control.

PS - sorry to go back off-track. There's so much of this in the media it's hard not to respond at some point.

Sir David Gray
18-08-2018, 09:43 AM
Pretty sure he’s not allowed to train with us (or Man City for that matter) until he has his work permit. Even if he got his WP this weekend I’d think he’s still a couple of weeks away from being any use to us.

I'm not even sure he's allowed in the country until it's approved.

There seems to be some information on the following link. I'm assuming this is the process that's being followed in Agyepong's case.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-sportsperson-worker-visa

hhibs
18-08-2018, 10:10 AM
That's good news about tomorrow.

Think it might be bollocks ,but hope so, we need players in PDQ.

Joe6-2
18-08-2018, 10:16 AM
I have to say - I agree. Much of the remain campaign was based on saying we will all be worse off by £x per week etc - often delivered as "fact". These figures were calculated by pre-existing models designed by economists to predict the outcome of something that's never happened before. That's sure to be right isn't it? It's use was much more prevalent on the remain side because most of the establishment and main stream media are pro-remain.

This is often the tactic where supporters of the status quo are defending it against change. I seem to remember it being called "scaremongering" during and after the Scottish referendum.

The masses (sic) have effectively asked why this supposed wealth deriving from EU membership is so important when they don't actually benefit from it. Deceived? Not in my view - I think this is an extremely valid question and it indicates to me the importance of more democratic control.

PS - sorry to go back off-track. There's so much of this in the media it's hard not to respond at some point.

Agree with you entirely

Pretty Boy
18-08-2018, 02:17 PM
Permit sorted and in the squad tomorrow.

Sean1875
18-08-2018, 02:18 PM
Permit sorted and in the squad tomorrow.
Great news :aok: Assuming he's a no where near match fit though? Hopefully get him up to speed soon.

SouthMoroccoStu
18-08-2018, 02:20 PM
“Meanwhile, the club have now secured a work permit for Thomas Agyepong, who will be available for selection this weekend.”

Woo hoo!!

CapitalGreen
18-08-2018, 02:46 PM
It took at least 14 days for the work permit of Rangers signing Umar Sadiq to be completed so hopefully Agyepong is sorted by the 22nd of August.

Looks like this wasn't far off.

Phil MaGlass
18-08-2018, 02:54 PM
squad is getting stronger and stronger, lovely, bit of depth coming in.

FilipinoHibs
18-08-2018, 02:56 PM
Agree with you entirely

Most of media are for Brexit and that camp had no idea of the complexities of Brexit or the economic consequence. The Empire is long dead and we can no longer make money from stealing resources and using slave labour. The hybrid of the old aristocrats and exploitive capitalism are rubbish at modern capitalism. We will sink. On a football note glad to see Hertz struggling at Pars.

theonlywayisup
19-08-2018, 08:06 AM
“Meanwhile, the club have now secured a work permit for Thomas Agyepong, who will be available for selection this weekend.”

Woo hoo!!

The way I read it, Agyepong is available for selection, but won't be selected because of lack of match fitness. Maybe a place on the bench is the best we can hope for.

The_Horde
19-08-2018, 11:37 PM
Some good touches at half time 🤣

monktonharp
20-08-2018, 01:40 AM

PS - sorry to go back off-track. There's so much of this in the media it's hard not to respond at some point.Although this is a football forum, and I am now heading to bed I do need to respond to your comment.(s) forget tactics, and let's look at hard facts.forget my political views, look at what the Scottish farming community will have to deal with for example. who will be working the fields? you. your family, the guy next door to you? I think not.dont somehow make out that it will all work out on the day, because it certainly wont.the factory up the road that sends it's stuff to a market of 500 million, will suddenly find other markets will they? or will their goods just sail through the customs borders as if it's all "barry".? I don't want to get into a huge debate about it but you should not have started this, on a fitba forum without expecting some comeback.

Brightside
20-08-2018, 07:23 AM
Surprised he never came on near the end tbh. Boyle was running on empty.

ian cruise
20-08-2018, 07:38 AM
Looks like this wasn't far off.

That's you in the know now.

The Leith Dutch
20-08-2018, 07:53 AM
squad is getting stronger and stronger, lovely, bit of depth coming in.

Probably missed a few but:

GK: Marciano, Bogdan, Laidlaw
FB: Gray, Stevenson, Whittaker
CB: Hanlon, McGregor, Ambrose, Porteous
DM: Milligan, Bartley, Martin
CM: Mallan, Hyndeland, Slivka, Swanson, Murray
WG: Boyle, Horgan, Agyepong
FW: Kamberi, MacLaren, Shaw

mayo hibee
20-08-2018, 08:38 AM
Probably missed a few but:

GK: Marciano, Bogdan, Laidlaw
FB: Gray, Stevenson, Whittaker
DM: Milligan, Bartley, Martin
CM: Mallan, Hyndeland, Slivka, Swanson, Murray
FW: Kamberi, MacLaren, Shaw

That's pretty much everyone at the moment, other than Mackie to cover left back maybe.

CapitalGreen
20-08-2018, 08:44 AM
Removing those not good enough to be first XI starters, I think we could still do with another combative central midfielder and a striker.

GK: Marciano, Bogdan
FB: Gray, Stevenson, Ambrose
DM: Milligan
CM: Mallan, Hyndeland
FW: Kamberi, MacLaren

Allant1981
20-08-2018, 08:55 AM
Removing those not good enough to be first XI starters, I think we could still do with another combative central midfielder and a striker.

to suggest bartley is not good enough is nonsense, especially when he has been starting

GreenOnions
20-08-2018, 08:57 AM
Hell mend them for voting to leave the EU.

The masses were deceived by empty promises and little Englander attitudes so are going to have to live with the reality.

In my opinion.

And all the Little Scotlanders who also voted to leave.

I find this opinion quite amusing. Dismissing the leave campaign as based on empty promises, yet suggesting that the remain campaign was based entirely on legitimate facts.

Both sides of the debate were led by politicians. Both sides made empty promises. It's what they do.

Putting aside this is a football forum about Hibs for two seconds. I'd be interested to hear what the Remainer's empty promises and illegitimate facts were.

Most of media are for Brexit and that camp had no idea of the complexities of Brexit or the economic consequence. The Empire is long dead and we can no longer make money from stealing resources and using slave labour. The hybrid of the old aristocrats and exploitive capitalism are rubbish at modern capitalism. We will sink. On a football note glad to see Hertz struggling at Pars.

Although this is a football forum, and I am now heading to bed I do need to respond to your comment.(s) forget tactics, and let's look at hard facts.forget my political views, look at what the Scottish farming community will have to deal with for example. who will be working the fields? you. your family, the guy next door to you? I think not.dont somehow make out that it will all work out on the day, because it certainly wont.the factory up the road that sends it's stuff to a market of 500 million, will suddenly find other markets will they? or will their goods just sail through the customs borders as if it's all "barry".? I don't want to get into a huge debate about it but you should not have started this, on a fitba forum without expecting some comeback.

Change is unsettling - that's for sure. I think lots of people in the UK - very many of whom are on lower incomes - feel that even the unknown is better than what we've been experiencing. I agree though that we should get back to football on this thread. However - FYI - I also just wanted to put a little evidence in front of you to counter your suggestion that my post started the debate as all the above and more were prior to my first contribution :wink:

CapitalGreen
20-08-2018, 09:02 AM
to suggest bartley is not good enough is nonsense, especially when he has been starting

Bartley starting does not mean he is good enough, it just means we are short in that area. Lennon obviously agrees as he has brought in Milligan. I like Bartley but he is not good enough to start if we want to be competing for a top 4 position. Below is his record in big games over the past 12 months when he has started.

30/09/17 - D 2-2 v Celtic
14/10/17 - L 0-1 v Aberdeen
21/10/17 - L 2-4 v Celtic (Subbed off at HT)
24/10/17 - W 1-0 v Hearts
10/12/17 - D 2-2 v Celtic (Subbed off at 66 min while 2 nil down)
16/12/17 - L 1-4 v Aberdeen (Subbed off at HT)
27/12/17 - D 0-0 v Hearts
21/01/18 - L 0-1 v Hearts
03/02/18 - W 1-0 v Rangers
09/08/18 - D 0-0 v Molde
16/18/18 - L 0-3 v Molde (Injured at 40 min while 1 nil down)

mayo hibee
20-08-2018, 09:29 AM
Change is unsettling - that's for sure. I think lots of people in the UK - very many of whom are on lower incomes - feel that even the unknown is better than what we've been experiencing. I agree though that we should get back to football on this thread. However - FYI - I also just wanted to put a little evidence in front of you to counter your suggestion that my post started the debate as all the above and more were prior to my first contribution :wink:

The sad thing about all this is that it will be those on lower incomes, who in many cases voted for Brexit, that will be hit hardest as a result of it.

Hopefully Agyepong gets a full week training under his belt this week. I would expect him to be on the bench this weekend but it would be good to have the option to bring him in as a sub on the wing to allow Horgan to move into a more central role at some stage.

Hibby Kay-Yay
20-08-2018, 09:34 AM

My starting 11 would be:

Marciano

Gray Efe Hanlon Stevenson

Boyle Mallan Milligan Hyndman Horgan

Flo

For when we need to go all out attack

Marciano

Efe McGregor Hanlon

Boyle Mallan Milligan Hyndman Horgan

Flo MacLaren

danhibees1875
20-08-2018, 09:36 AM

So Laidlaw, Bartley, Slivka, and Shaw aren't good enough first team players? But Milligan and Agyepong make the list?

Laidlaw - a competent reserve keeper who can come in and do little wrong (done well with a 2/3 good saves yesterday IMO).

Bartley - a solid CDM who does a lot of good work off the ball to cover the back line - his skill on the ball isn't up to much and would agree that we could hopefully get better; but that doesn't equate to him not being a good squad player. I'm happy for him to be in the starting XI. It's hard to say whether Milligan would have happened without the injury to Bartley, but I also think it happened quickly enough that we must have at least had eyes on him already.

Slivka - I think he's quality. Very tidy passer for someone who also has a presence about him. His runs into the box when played centrally are also something we've been crying out for, do them more often with Horgan there to whip crosses in and we're on to something.

Shaw - a young lad who has an instinct for goals and puts himself anout well. Got a bit isolted at times yesterday but again a handy player to have around and develop, and I'm not worried when I see him the starting XI.

CapitalGreen
20-08-2018, 09:51 AM
So Laidlaw, Bartley, Slivka, and Shaw aren't good enough first team players? But Milligan and Agyepong make the list?

Laidlaw - a competent reserve keeper who can come in and do little wrong (done well with a 2/3 good saves yesterday IMO).

Bartley - a solid CDM who does a lot of good work off the ball to cover the back line - his skill on the ball isn't up to much and would agree that we could hopefully get better; but that doesn't equate to him not being a good squad player. I'm happy for him to be in the starting XI. It's hard to say whether Milligan would have happened without the injury to Bartley, but I also think it happened quickly enough that we must have at least had eyes on him already.

Slivka - I think he's quality. Very tidy passer for someone who also has a presence about him. His runs into the box when played centrally are also something we've been crying out for, do them more often with Horgan there to whip crosses in and we're on to something.

Shaw - a young lad who has an instinct for goals and puts himself anout well. Got a bit isolted at times yesterday but again a handy player to have around and develop, and I'm not worried when I see him the starting XI.

I am not talking about squad players, I am talking about our strongest XI. Can you honestly say, with the exception of possibly Slivka, that if any of the above players were in a starting line-up it would be our strongest team?

JimBHibees
20-08-2018, 09:52 AM
Bartley starting does not mean he is good enough, it just means we are short in that area. Lennon obviously agrees as he has brought in Milligan. I like Bartley but he is not good enough to start if we want to be competing for a top 4 position. Below is his record in big games over the past 12 months when he has started.

09/08/18 - D 0-0 v Molde

His performances in alot of they games were good. Not sure your point.

CapitalGreen
20-08-2018, 09:54 AM
His performances in alot of they games were good. Not sure your point.

I've put my point in bold so you can see it.

Bartley starting does not mean he is good enough, it just means we are short in that area. Lennon obviously agrees as he has brought in Milligan. I like Bartley but he is not good enough to start if we want to be competing for a top 4 position

danhibees1875
20-08-2018, 10:06 AM
I am not talking about squad players, I am talking about our strongest XI. Can you honestly say, with the exception of possibly Slivka, that if any of the above players were in a starting line-up it would be our strongest team?

Why did you include more than 11 players in your list then? :confused:

I think there is an arguement for Bartley to be in our strongest 11 (I don't know anything about Milligan though!), and as you say Slivka I'd definitely vouch for. The others, no.

My strongest 11 would probably be:

Marciano
Gray Ambrose Hanlon Stevenson
Mallan Bartley Slivka
Boyle Kamberi Horgan

JimBHibees
20-08-2018, 10:07 AM
I've put my point in bold so you can see it.

But he was good enough in many of those games and is still a useful player to have in case of injury suspension loss of form and type of opponents.

CapitalGreen
20-08-2018, 10:10 AM
But he was good enough in many of those games and is still a useful player to have in case of injury suspension loss of form and type of opponents.

So you are talking about him as a back up player, not a first XI starter, we are in agreement.

CapitalGreen
20-08-2018, 10:11 AM
Why did you include more than 11 players in your list then? :confused:

Because I believe those players are interchangeable without weakening our strongest XI.

JimBHibees
20-08-2018, 10:17 AM
So you are talking about him as a back up player, not a first XI starter, we are in agreement.

A squad player who can more than play at this level. Bartley has proven he can play at this level so not sure why him coming in would have any appreciable impact on the performance of the team. Horses for courses.

MacGruber
20-08-2018, 10:58 AM

How can you omit Shaw, Bartley and Slivka yet include Agyepong and Milligan?
Always ammuses when people put a new signing straight into their 1st eleven without having ever seen them kick a ball.

Hope the boy Agyepong turns out to be a star but he has to go out and prove his worth surely

CapitalGreen
20-08-2018, 11:09 AM
How can you omit Shaw, Bartley and Slivka yet include Agyepong and Milligan?
Always ammuses when people put a new signing straight into their 1st eleven without having ever seen them kick a ball.

Hope the boy Agyepong turns out to be a star but he has to go out and prove his worth surely

Unless told otherwise, I have assumed our management team have made these signings to strengthen our starting XI and as this was a discussion regarding the strength of our starting XI, I have included them.

Allant1981
20-08-2018, 04:21 PM

09/08/18 - D 0-0 v Molde

so based on those games does that mean that every other player who played in the games we lost are not good enough to start?

CapitalGreen
20-08-2018, 04:26 PM
so based on those games does that mean that every other player who played in the games we lost are not good enough to start?

No, it means that while some people say Bartley is useful player for the big games it is simply not reflected in our results.

Allant1981
20-08-2018, 04:34 PM
No, it means that while some people say Bartley is useful player for the big games it is simply not reflected in our results.

some people being the manager who plays him in these games because he knows he can be trusted to do a job, again the games you have mentioned means the players who played in the games we lost mean they aren't good enough to be selected

blackpoolhibs
20-08-2018, 04:34 PM
We all have a first 11 that we think is our strongest team, and once we get our strongest 11 on the park, bringing in 1 of those players that some are deeming not good enough should be fine.

Its when we are playing 3 or 4 of the fringe players at once that we will see performances dip, and is really unfair on those players too.

Tug Wilson
20-08-2018, 05:06 PM
We all have a first 11 that we think is our strongest team, and once we get our strongest 11 on the park, bringing in 1 of those players that some are deeming not good enough should be fine.

Its when we are playing 3 or 4 of the fringe players at once that we will see performances dip, and is really unfair on those players too.

Trouble is that currently none of us have a clue about our best XI as the midfield is completely new and the team formation difficult to predict.

It may take a few weeks to settle into the best XI.

However, of the new signings, Horgan looks like a first choice and one imagines that Milligan has been brought in to start.

Boyle's pace is a tremendous asset and Mallan's set pieces and long range shooting almost demands a spot.

So if we stick to 3-5-2 then will we could see a midfield trio of Milligan-Mallan-Horgan with Gray and Stevenson at WB. Boyle and Kamberi (when fit) up front.

Or go to a 4-3-3 with Gray and Stevenson as FBs, Milligan-Mallan-Slivka midfield 3 and Boyle-Kamberi-Horgan across the front. Quite like the idea of Boyle and Horgan tracking back to make a 5 in midfield but having the pace to get up and support Flo.

CapitalGreen
20-08-2018, 05:27 PM
some people being the manager who plays him in these games because he knows he can be trusted to do a job, again the games you have mentioned means the players who played in the games we lost mean they aren't good enough to be selected

Yup, the same manager who didn’t start him in any of our last 6 League games against those teams.

Iggy Pope
20-08-2018, 09:09 PM
We've already had to replace the first choice goalie with the 2nd choice goalie only to replace him with the 3rd choice goalie!
Hanlon benched / rested, McGregor injured, Porteous in.
Kamberi injured / rested but Oli scoring anyway and worth a start. McLaren in, Boyle adjusting roles.
Hyndman starting but I think that might be short term / Whittaker getting game time.
Slivka will come back in. Two new signings still to debut. / Scott Martin gets a start.

The squad will rotate cos it's a squad game. 2 players for every position and 3 goalies. We'll play a 3, or a 5, play to batter some teams, cagier against others. Silly talking about a starting XI as if it was 1973 again IMO. Suspensions, fatigue and injury will see to that.

ancient hibee
20-08-2018, 09:37 PM
We've already had to replace the first choice goalie with the 2nd choice goalie only to replace him with the 3rd choice goalie!
Hanlon benched / rested, McGregor injured, Porteous in.
Kamberi injured / rested but Oli scoring anyway and worth a start. McLaren in, Boyle adjusting roles.
Hyndman starting but I think that might be short term / Whittaker getting game time.
Slivka will come back in. Two new signings still to debut. / Scott Martin gets a start.

The squad will rotate cos it's a squad game. 2 players for every position and 3 goalies. We'll play a 3, or a 5, play to batter some teams, cagier against others. Silly talking about a starting XI as if it was 1973 again IMO. Suspensions, fatigue and injury will see to that.
This is quite right .What will be the starting 11 for one game will not for the next.Isn’t that what everyone wanted who complained about a threadbare squad?After all the 11 usually regarded as the tornadoes starting 11 only played together 22 times.

Inconsequential
20-08-2018, 10:35 PM
This is quite right .What will be the starting 11 for one game will not for the next.Isn’t that what everyone wanted who complained about a threadbare squad?After all the 11 usually regarded as the tornadoes starting 11 only played together 22 times. Absolutely right ancient hibee Turnbull's Tornadoes only played together from the August of '72 to January '73. After the brilliant start to 1973 things went downhill rapidly. John Brownlie broke his leg in early January and Alex Edwards received a 8 week suspension. The side never really recovered their top form after that. Hibs topped the league on the 1st Jan and would have gone on and won the league that season in my opinion if bad luck hadn't visited. Damn!

Aim Here
20-08-2018, 11:17 PM

09/08/18 - D 0-0 v Molde

So one injury, and three tactical substitutions then? In each of the first three cases, Bartley was pulled for an attacker; given that he's pretty much always the least attack-minded outfielder on the pitch, it does make sense that he's an early swap for a more attack-minded player when we need to pull back a goal.

monktonharp
21-08-2018, 01:30 AM
we now have one of the biggest squad /varieties that I can remember with decent players. I find it hard to pick the best eleven, as I am sure lots on here do. If I was asked though, and if we are playing 3 at the back it has to be Mc Greggor Hanlon and Luie. SDG has been a standout recently though.

Heisenberg
21-08-2018, 06:22 AM
we now have one of the biggest squad /varieties that I can remember with decent players. I find it hard to pick the best eleven, as I am sure lots on here do. If I was asked though, and if we are playing 3 at the back it has to be Mc Greggor Hanlon and Luie. SDG has been a standout recently though.

Surely you aren’t suggesting Stevenson plays as part of a back three?

BILLYHIBS
21-08-2018, 07:32 AM
Surely you aren’t suggesting Stevenson plays as part of a back three?
Dunno MH might be on to something here! Worked a treat at Ibroke : Ambrose Stevenson and Porteous! :wink:

jojomcann
10-01-2019, 09:30 AM
Well that's nonsense right off the bat. I can't see post counts on the version of hibs.net I'm using.

Maybe it's because they're being a tad more sensible and not dishing out personal abuse or taking things far too seriously?

Well looks like tony was correct, complete waste of time and money this agyepong deal, barely featured since the original post !

jojomcann
10-01-2019, 09:38 AM
Maybe time to just abandon this deal and look elsewhere, he's missed about 5 game's now that we could have done with him.

Poor tony hounded out for suggesting we sign a player that will actually feature for us instead of this crock, one look at agyepongs history showed hes a walking injury !! plays about 4 games in a row maximum in his career.

Diclonius
10-01-2019, 10:02 AM
Thanks admins, that was pretty clinical.

calumhibee1
10-01-2019, 10:09 AM
Is there more to it than these two post as to why this guy was emptied? :confused:

Diclonius
10-01-2019, 10:15 AM
Is there more to it than these two post as to why this guy was emptied? :confused:

I think it's fairly likely he's the same person as the guy he quoted in his second post, who was already banned.

If you're going to make a new account, at least try not to make it obvious. :wink:

Hibbyradge
10-01-2019, 10:15 AM

You're unlikely to find out for sure, but my guess is that it was the same Tony guy who was punted last year. :dunno:

The_Horde
10-01-2019, 10:26 AM
Well looks like tony was correct, complete waste of time and money this agyepong deal, barely featured since the original post !

Yes but what's that got to do with my post?

calumhibee1
10-01-2019, 10:32 AM
Aye that would seem quite likely now that it’s been pointed out to me :greengrin

Cabbage East
10-01-2019, 10:34 AM

He was probably banned previously under a different username. Eh Tony!

Springbank
10-01-2019, 10:46 AM
He was probably banned previously under a different username. Eh Tony!

Coincidentally, that's my postcode!

matty_f
10-01-2019, 10:58 AM

I think if your opening posts when you join are to dredge up an old thread to have a go at folk, you're not going to last too long here.

The_Horde
10-01-2019, 11:01 AM
I think if your opening posts when you join are to dredge up an old thread to have a go at folk, you're not going to last too long here.

Dredge up your own thread under a previous username*

IGRIGI
10-01-2019, 11:07 AM
Such desperation for a signing we are reduced to reviving dead threads regarding old singing announcements :greengrin

My_Wife_Camille
10-01-2019, 11:53 AM
This thread perfectly encapsulates everything great about hibs.net :flag:
I’d like to reiterate my earlier comment on this thread

One Day Soon
10-01-2019, 01:58 PM
I’d like to reiterate my earlier comment on this thread

I'm SparTonycus!

MyJo
10-01-2019, 03:10 PM
logging on to the site and seeing a thread titled OFFICIAL SITE: - :hyper:

seeing the name Agyepong - :confused: