PDA

View Full Version : Thursday and Molde

Borderhibbie76
07-08-2018, 09:48 PM
With all the transfer goings on with SJM and Barker ...barely a thread on here about Thurs night which is now less than 48 hours away. Any ideas how we line up assuming SJM is away??

My guess is

Bogdan

Efe Daz (or Porteous if not fit) Hanlon

Gray Mallan Slivka Bartley Lewy

Flo Jamie Mac

Subs
Laidlaw
Martin
Whittaker
Boyle
Ollie
Porteous
Swanson

Feels harsh dropping Boyle but no idea where he fits in if we go with SDG which we surely need to if we are aiming to keep a clean sheet??

Thoughts??

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
07-08-2018, 09:50 PM
With all the transfer goings on with SJM and Barker ...barely a thread on here about Thurs night which is now less than 48 hours away. Any ideas how we line up assuming SJM is away??

My guess is

Bogdan

Flo Jamie Mac

Subs
Laidlaw
Martin
Whittaker
Boyle
Ollie
Porteous
Swanson

Feels harsh dropping Boyle but no idea where he fits in if we go with SDG which we surely need to if we are aiming to keep a clean sheet??

Thoughts??

McLaren not ready to start, Boyle will play

B.H.F.C
07-08-2018, 09:50 PM
No way will Boyle be left out. Whether up front or out wide, he’ll play.

Borderhibbie76
07-08-2018, 09:52 PM
McLaren not ready to start, Boyle will playI was thinking that TBH or maybe if Daz isn't fit we go 4 4 2 and drop Slivka out the middle and play Boyle wide with Mallan and Bartley in the centre??

Tug Wilson
07-08-2018, 09:53 PM

My guess is

Bogdan

Flo Jamie Mac

Subs
Laidlaw
Martin
Whittaker
Boyle
Ollie
Porteous
Swanson

Thoughts??

Think we will see Boyle and Flo start with SDG at right wing back.

Late in the game Jamie comes on and either SDG goes off with Boyle dropping back or just straight swap for Squirrel.

Rest of team picks itself.

Souter96Mac
07-08-2018, 09:55 PM
I'd go
Bogdan
Efe Mcgregor Hanlon
Gray Slivka Swanson Mallan Stevenson
Boyle Kamberi

It sounds like Molde like to sit in and counter, so if we're going to have a lot of the ball, I'd rather have Danny in there as he can create. Macca won't be match fit yet, but I'd be bringing him on.

Billy Whizz
07-08-2018, 09:57 PM
Think we will see Boyle and Flo start with SDG at right wing back.

Late in the game Jamie comes on and either SDG goes off with Boyle dropping back or just straight swap for Squirrel.

Rest of team picks itself.

Think Flo is fine, was on the bench on Sunday. Lennon just has to decide if it’s 442 or 352, bearing in mind were likely to be without McGinn

Sir David Gray
07-08-2018, 09:59 PM
Bogdan

Hanlon
McGregor/Porteous
Ambrose

Stevenson
Bartley
Mallan
Gray

Boyle

Maclaren
Kamberi

SUBS

Laidlaw
Porteous/Mackie
Whittaker
Slivka
Swanson
Martin
Shaw

sauzee=legend
07-08-2018, 10:06 PM
I think Boyle has been and while be one of the first names on the team sheet.
His pace alone makes opposition defence sit 10 yards deeper and makes the pitch bigger for us.

Hibeewilly
07-08-2018, 10:09 PM
I think Boyle has been and while be one of the first names on the team sheet.
His pace alone makes opposition defence sit 10 yards deeper and makes the pitch bigger for us.
Absolutely spot on

eastcoasthibby
07-08-2018, 10:11 PM
When I look at.that team I look at the midfield and just see the lack of drive and playing good medium long out balls that can catch teams out with no McGinn ..Bartley just can't pass the ball or take.the game forward so bit concerned we will get outplayed and be less creative going.forward ..

Ell_Chrisso
07-08-2018, 10:17 PM
I can see Lennon going for a ‘we’ve got nothing to lose’ approach against this lot. We can go through in this tie with a strong and confident performance at home, where we can concentrate on being compact and disciplined over in Norway. SDG being the player to miss out (not through form)

Bogdan
Efe Daz Hanlon
Boyle Mallan Bartley Slivka Stevenson
Kamberi MacLaren

ryantaylor
07-08-2018, 10:22 PM
Club Captain should be in the team week in week out it’s a fact and it’s not even sentimental as it’s David Gray but every week he’s fit he should be starting. I’d like to try deploying Boyle in behind the strikers and he how it works

houstonhibbee
07-08-2018, 10:37 PM
what about the new winger from Man City? Apparently he's been registered expecting paperwork to come through in time......

sauzee=legend
07-08-2018, 11:05 PM
Bogdan

Efe Daz Hanlon

Gray Mallan Bartley Slivka Stevenson

Boyle Flo

Bartley in there to protect defence, win the ball and pass it to Mallan, Boyle etc - the play makers. Keep it simple
As much as I want flo and Mac upfront together - I feel Mac is a couple of games away before having the match sharpness to start.

Greenbeard
08-08-2018, 07:41 AM
Bogdan

Efe Daz Hanlon

Gray Mallan Bartley Slivka Stevenson

Boyle Flo

Bartley in there to protect defence, win the ball and pass it to Mallan, Boyle etc - the play makers. Keep it simple
As much as I want flo and Mac upfront together - I feel Mac is a couple of games away before having the match sharpness to start.
If we were away first leg yes. At home I'd like to see two up front plus Boyle. Who is the engine in midfield with the lungs to get up and down the pitch? Swanson to me always seems to play with energy, albeit we rarely see him for more than 10 mins.

sauzee=legend
08-08-2018, 08:04 AM
Bartley sits and holds to offer protection from the counter attack and allow Mallan and Slivka the chance to do the damage in the final third.

madhibee_again
08-08-2018, 08:09 AM
Think Flo is fine, was on the bench on Sunday. Lennon just has to decide if it’s 442 or 352, bearing in mind were likely to be without McGinn

Was heavily strapped up but he was doing a lot of twisting and turning during the half time warm up with no apparent ill effects.

Souter96Mac
08-08-2018, 08:11 AM
what about the new winger from Man City? Apparently he's been registered expecting paperwork to come through in time......

I think he'll play a similar part that Barker played last season. Not necessarily starting every week, but coming on, running at tired defences.

makaveli1875
08-08-2018, 08:15 AM
Bogdan

Efe
Hanlon
Daz/Porteous

Gray
Mallan
Bartley
Slivka
Lewis

Boyle
Flo/Jamie

oneone73
08-08-2018, 08:59 AM
Bogdan

Efe
Hanlon
Daz/Porteous

Gray
Mallan
Bartley
Slivka
Lewis

Boyle
Flo/Jamie
I think Whittaker will come back in.

Greenbeard
08-08-2018, 09:03 AM
WHIT A KERved ball that one.

JackHibs
08-08-2018, 09:05 AM

I think will be the same team as the game in Greece, if SJM isn't playing which looks likely will most likely be Whittaker or Bartley who comes in for him. Boyle wont get dropped for J Mac and you can't drop SDG - been one of our best players in Europe. Daz will play I think

danhibees1875
08-08-2018, 09:05 AM
Bogdan

Efe
Hanlon
Daz/Porteous

Gray
Mallan
Bartley
Slivka
Lewis

Boyle