PDA

View Full Version : NHC Eleven TV

Lancs Harp
07-08-2018, 08:36 PM
Apologies if this has been discussed before. They seem to have captured La Liga, Serie A and Eredivisie from Sky and BT. What is this? Is it an online media platform?

Billy Whizz
07-08-2018, 08:38 PM
Apologies if this has been discussed before. They seem to have captured La Liga, Serie A and Eredivisie from Sky and BT. What is this? Is it an online media platform?

Never heard of them, but one thing, I won’t be paying for any more Football on TV

Future17
07-08-2018, 08:43 PM

Currently online only, but that may change in time.

It's £5.99 per month or £49.99 for an annual pass if purchased before end of August. There's a 7 day free trial as well.

David_D
07-08-2018, 08:44 PM
Pretty sure they have acquired the rights to the nba and the UFC from next year as well.

greenlad
07-08-2018, 08:56 PM
Currently online only, but that may change in time.

It's £5.99 per month or £49.99 for an annual pass if purchased before end of August. There's a 7 day free trial as well.

Good value if you actually watch any of the stuff they are going to show. I always enjoyed Italian football through BT and now this is the only (legal) way of watching this.And La Liga is just a bonus (I've never had Sky Sports before)

I took a years subscription today which equates to just over £4 a month. The Android app is pretty good and although there is no Chromecast support at present it is expected soon. You would hope there would be Fire stick, Roku, Smart TV apps in due course also. Whether they launch linear channels through Sky or Virgin isn't decided yet.

I've a games PC setup under my TV and the stream is pretty decent, 1080p although not quite as smooth as the BT Sport Chromecast stream, it's more than acceptable for that price.

For that price you get two main channels, plus La Liga TV and seemingly club channels from Barcelona, Bayern, Ajax and Roma.

Lancs Harp
07-08-2018, 09:03 PM
Thanks for the info fellas. Is it an app or do you watch through facebook? Their website seems a bit confusing to me (I'm a ludite)

I've recently given Sky notice Im jacking it and this reinforces that for me. Cost of Sky Sports continues to rise. Some time ago they covered German football but lost that a while ago, since then they have lost the Champions League, Dutch football and Spanish football. Basically paying more for an ever crappier and crappier choice.

I have BT which has some English and Scottish football, jack Sky subscribe to Eleven seems more cost effective!!

greenlex
07-08-2018, 09:09 PM
Also have the USPGA championship golf. They are supposed to be launching in the UK using that to start with. Their PR is terrible. Not even mentioned on their web site with two days to go. I can’t for the life of me see how you subscribe. I don’t think I’m going to bother.

Future17
08-08-2018, 09:00 AM
Good value if you actually watch any of the stuff they are going to show. I always enjoyed Italian football through BT and now this is the only (legal) way of watching this.And La Liga is just a bonus (I've never had Sky Sports before)

I took a years subscription today which equates to just over £4 a month. The Android app is pretty good and although there is no Chromecast support at present it is expected soon. You would hope there would be Fire stick, Roku, Smart TV apps in due course also. Whether they launch linear channels through Sky or Virgin isn't decided yet.

I've a games PC setup under my TV and the stream is pretty decent, 1080p although not quite as smooth as the BT Sport Chromecast stream, it's more than acceptable for that price.

For that price you get two main channels, plus La Liga TV and seemingly club channels from Barcelona, Bayern, Ajax and Roma.

Thanks for the info mate - you're the first person I've heard from who has actually subscribed.

What area do you live in if you don't mind me asking? It's been telling me it's not available in Edinburgh.

I'll subscribe once you can cast or once it's available through PS4.

Future17
08-08-2018, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the info mate - you're the first person I've heard from who has actually subscribed.

What area do you live in if you don't mind me asking? It's been telling me it's not available in Edinburgh.

I'll subscribe once you can cast or once it's available through PS4.

Ignore my location comment - just realised I was being stupid.

I'll take the 7 day free trial and see how my laptop handles it, but not optimistic.

BenjiOscar
08-08-2018, 09:34 AM
Signed up yesterday for £5.99 a month which doesn’t start until 14 August as first week is free. Got app on iPad and playing via Apple TV on television. Just watching on demand highlights at the moment but picture quality really good.