PDA

View Full Version : Starting a supporters club in Barcelona

BarcelonaHibee
07-08-2018, 07:03 PM
Hi everyone. Long time reader of .net.

I've recently moved over to Barcelona and I'm interested in forming a Hibernian supporters club. Does anyone know of any Hibs fans over here and any Hibs friendly pubs?

Thanks very much guys.

Jack
07-08-2018, 08:29 PM
Glory Hunter ;-)

Keyser Sauzee
07-08-2018, 08:39 PM
Wild Rover Irish bar just off La Rambla towards the bottom has a couple Hibs tops hanging from the ceiling so there’s a start for u 😉

Lancs Harp
07-08-2018, 08:39 PM
I had Paella for dinner on Sunday, I'm in :wink:

Glory Lurker
07-08-2018, 08:46 PM
If the club banner could be a senyera estelada with a Hibs badge in place of the estel, i’ll move over next week just so I can join!

WHAM
07-08-2018, 09:24 PM
No idea if he posts or reads on here, but I randomly bumped into a hibby from Prestonpans who lives in Barcelona when I was over on a stag a couple of years ago.

He heard our accents in a boozer and came over. As soon as I heard his I knew straight away he was from the “Pans”. 😄

Good guy and had a few beers & shared a few Hibs songs with him.

If anyone can help track this guy down for you, then there is at least 2.

GGTTH

monktonharp
07-08-2018, 09:43 PM
No idea if he posts or reads on here, but I randomly bumped into a hibby from Prestonpans who lives in Barcelona when I was over on a stag a couple of years ago.

He heard our accents in a boozer and came over. As soon as I heard his I knew straight away he was from the “Pans”. 😄

GGTTHat any point in the bar conversation, did this Panner say Wham Bam thank you mam?:greengrin

BarcelonaHibee
07-08-2018, 09:55 PM
I already know of a few. Was going to commit a bit more time towards the whole endeavour but work hasn't allowed it in the last few weeks. If we get enough interest we should be able to get one of the billion Irish bars in the city to show the games on HibsTV

I usually watch the matches with a Celtic supporting mate over here at the moment. There's a few decent pubs, the Shamrock in Raval being a particularly good one for Scottish football.

Austinho
08-08-2018, 07:10 AM
If you need a logo, I’ll russle one up for you!

grammyb111
08-08-2018, 12:44 PM
Loobrush (who used to be really active on here, but not recently) is a Hibee based in Barcelona.

Chuck Rhoades
08-08-2018, 12:55 PM
Not sure if you post on the Hibeesbounce forum? There’s a poster there named 1875 who seems to have connections in Barca and is a regular attender of their matches, may be able to help you?

snooky
08-08-2018, 01:09 PM

He heard our accents in a boozer and came over. As soon as I heard his I knew straight away he was from the “Pans”. ��

GGTTH

Oddly enough, I took this photo of a shop on Las Ramblas several years ago. :greengrin

GreenLake
08-08-2018, 01:29 PM
I wore a Hibs jersey when I stayed in Hotel 1898 on Las Ramblas. That was a few months before our Scottish Cup final win so I need to go back and recount the story to the Italian barman. If you go in there, get him to tell you what happened the night Pete Dinklage was in the bar.

Bobbyjo
11-08-2018, 06:22 PM

He heard our accents in a boozer and came over. As soon as I heard his I knew straight away he was from the “Pans”. [emoji1]

GGTTHHi that hiibby would have been john ward who sadly passed away on Christmas eve last year ,thanks for the kind words which are a comfort to his family.

Sent from my ALBA 10 TABLET using Tapatalk

WHAM
11-08-2018, 09:39 PM
So sorry to hear this.

I remembered his name was John but couldn’t remember the surname. It was a Friday afternoon and we were a good few beers down by the time we met him.

Really nice guy and genuinely sad news.

RIP John.