PDA

View Full Version : McGinn Replacement

GoalsMcGinley
07-08-2018, 11:53 AM
It looks like he may be offski this time. Great deal for all concerned if the rumoured £4m fee is correct.

However, who would you like to see replace him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JXM73
07-08-2018, 11:54 AM
It looks like he may be offski this time. Great deal for all concerned if the rumoured £4m fee is correct.

Mulumbu?

The_Horde
07-08-2018, 11:55 AM
Put a cheeky cash offer in for Doherty at Rangers. They won't want to deal with us but they'll be looking to bring cash in having spent a small fortune this summer.

GloryGlory
07-08-2018, 11:58 AM

Paul Pogba.

Well, I can dream, can't I? :greengrin

Cocaine&Caviar
07-08-2018, 11:59 AM
Marciano

Ambrose McGregor Hanlon

Boyle Mallan Slivka Allan Stevenson

Kamberi MacLaren

Since90+2
07-08-2018, 12:00 PM
Kamara at Dundee and Scott Allan would be great business.

Elephant Stone
07-08-2018, 12:01 PM
Mulumbu and Allan

RoxburghHibs
07-08-2018, 12:05 PM
Mulumbu?

Yip this for me

Nevi_SOL
07-08-2018, 12:07 PM
Macgennis from St Mirren young and full of potential

Zazu62
07-08-2018, 12:45 PM
Mulumbu. No brainer

sauzee=legend
07-08-2018, 12:45 PM
Mulumbu or Kamara would do me 👍🏻

Famous Fiver
07-08-2018, 12:53 PM
Grealish on loan in January.

Greenbeard
07-08-2018, 01:12 PM
Ain't gonna be any direct replacement for SJM. Sign someone on that basis and they are under immense pressure from the start.

First off, in order to get the right balance in the squad and give us the options on midfield set-up we want, what type of player do we need rather specifically who?

I ain't no coach but it strikes me that if we get Allan, which everyone seems to want, then along with Mallan, Slivka, Bartley, Swanson (who I'd like to see getting a bit more game time than the odd 5-10min cameo), then is it more a McGeouch type player we should be looking for rather than another McGinn?

number9dream
07-08-2018, 01:18 PM
A lefty is required for balance. Could we tempt Ryan Gauld back to these shores? Still has two years on his Sporting Lisbon contract, so probably unlikely.

wookie70
07-08-2018, 01:20 PM
Ain't gonna be any direct replacement for SJM. Sign someone on that basis and they are under immense pressure from the start.

First off, in order to get the right balance in the squad and give us the options on midfield set-up we want, what type of player do we need rather specifically who?

I ain't no coach but it strikes me that if we get Allan, which everyone seems to want, then along with Mallan, Slivka, Bartley, Swanson (who I'd like to see getting a bit more game time than the odd 5-10min cameo), then is it more a McGeouch type player we should be looking for rather than another McGinn?

We won't be able to afford a SJM replacement but we will have enough to rebuild the midfield with a combination of players that will replace SJM, Dylan and Scott A.

Mallen is a very good starting point but not sure he would work with Scott A. Mulumbu would be a great bit of business and give us the legs and engine of SJM.
Lennon may need to think of another formation with the resurrection of SDG as fitting him and Boyler in might not be easy. Maybe we go back four and play with a right winger. The good news is that £4 million gives lots of options.

The_Horde
07-08-2018, 01:22 PM
A lefty is required for balance. Could we tempt Ryan Gauld back to these shores? Still has two years on his Sporting Lisbon contract, so probably unlikely.

He's right footed no?

Vault Boy
07-08-2018, 01:24 PM
Very difficult. We need to replace his strength and ability to drive the team forward - a proper box to box midfielder with a good engine is an absolute must IMO.

You don't sign a John McGinn quality player every window, that's for sure.

Vault Boy
07-08-2018, 01:25 PM
He's right footed no?

No, lefty, although I can only imagine he's not what we'll be looking for.

The_Horde
07-08-2018, 01:26 PM
No, lefty, although I can only imagine he's not what we'll be looking for.

If we don't get Allan I don't see why not. Christie could be a shout too.

calumhibee1
07-08-2018, 01:26 PM
Mulumbu. No brainer

Agree, mainly for his power and obviously ability.

Billy Whizz
07-08-2018, 01:27 PM

Might only get a season out of him, where as Kamar will only get better

The_Horde
07-08-2018, 01:28 PM

Dunno if we'd be interested. He's getting on a bit and would demand a decent wage. We're more inclined to try for someone we can develop and sell on eventually?

That said we do need quality in now for Europe.

Vault Boy
07-08-2018, 01:32 PM
If we don't get Allan I don't see why not. Christie could be a shout too.

Agreed, I just meant as a replacement for John.

LReilly95
07-08-2018, 01:34 PM
We won't be able to afford a SJM replacement but we will have enough to rebuild the midfield with a combination of players that will replace SJM, Dylan and Scott A.

Mallen is a very good starting point but not sure he would work with Scott A. Mulumbu would be a great bit of business and give us the legs and engine of SJM.
Lennon may need to think of another formation with the resurrection of SDG as fitting him and Boyler in might not be easy. Maybe we go back four and play with a right winger. The good news is that £4 million gives lots of options.

Could try going back to a regular 442:

Bogdan
Gray Efe/Daz Hanlon Stevenson
Boyle Mulumbu Mallan Ayeapong/Barker
Kamberi McLaren

ryantaylor
07-08-2018, 01:39 PM
Slivka has always been SJM long term replacement so I’m calm about selling McGinn (although I wish he was staying). Slivka will hopefully kick on this season. Juventus don’t sign a player if there isn’t something special about you. Bring in Barker and Allan and we’ve got a team to challenge for second again💚

GoalsMcGinley
07-08-2018, 01:43 PM
Just out of curiosity and I don’t think it would ever happen but would anyone consider Jack Rodwell as an option?

ryantaylor
07-08-2018, 01:46 PM
Just out of curiosity and I don’t think it would ever happen but would anyone consider Jack Rodwell as an option?

I believe he’s training with Everton and watford are interested mate. Also if he was open to talks for a Scottish team I’m sure Sevco and Selik would be sniffing about

Stevie Reid
07-08-2018, 01:46 PM

Definitely not for me. Has no motivation to ever kick a ball again.

number9dream
07-08-2018, 01:57 PM

Greenbeard
07-08-2018, 02:01 PM
Is there an echo in here.....echo in here.....in here?

Jamesie
07-08-2018, 02:08 PM
Slivka has always been SJM long term replacement so I’m calm about selling McGinn (although I wish he was staying). Slivka will hopefully kick on this season. Juventus don’t sign a player if there isn’t something special about you. Bring in Barker and Allan and we’ve got a team to challenge for second again��

This is exactly how I feel about Slivka. His goal at Ibrox on the Glorious Twelfth of August 2017 will live long in the memory. Oh how we celebrated that afternoon!

Unseen work
07-08-2018, 02:08 PM
We need someone with a bit of muscle/combativeness and with ability on the ball when he goes.

Hibby Kay-Yay
07-08-2018, 02:10 PM

joe_hfc
07-08-2018, 02:11 PM
Slivka has always been SJM long term replacement so I’m calm about selling McGinn (although I wish he was staying). Slivka will hopefully kick on this season. Juventus don’t sign a player if there isn’t something special about you. Bring in Barker and Allan and we’ve got a team to challenge for second again💚

I've read quite a few times on here that Slivka was brought in as a SJM replacement... did Lennon every say this? Seems like a bit of a myth.

I'm a big Slivka fan and think there's a real quality player in there, but he's a different player to SJM. Nothing wrong in that as we don't necessarily need a like for like replacement, the team will have to adjust. I'd like to see Slivka get a good run this season and see him fulfil his potential. I think there's an even better player than the one we've seen.

DJ HIBBY
07-08-2018, 02:11 PM
This is exactly how I feel about Slivka. His goal at Ibrox on the Glorious Twelfth of August 2017 will live long in the memory. Oh how we celebrated that afternoon!

Slivka couldn't lace SJM's boots! Yet to be impressed by him and his performance off the bench on Sunday was a shocker. He lacks any real heart and has zero dig, all strong attributes of SJM. I would cut our losses with him to be honest.

Jim44
07-08-2018, 02:13 PM
Slivka couldn't lace SJM's boots! Yet to be impressed by him and his performance off the bench on Sunday was a shocker. He lacks any real heart and has zero dig, all strong attributes of SJM. I would cut our losses with him to be honest.

I’m glad your name’s not Neil Lennon. :greengrin

MagicSwirlingShip
07-08-2018, 02:13 PM
Would like to see Scott Martin given a chance while we secure a replacement.

ryantaylor
07-08-2018, 02:28 PM

Surely this is a wind up. The boy hardly got a sniff last season and to be deployed as a right mid in majority of games he did play well your not going to see the lads potential. He scored and Against the huns and Sellik when he played last year. SJM is a world class player and I ain’t saying Slivkas at that level but he will slot into the void left by McGinn and be a shrewd replacement a nd will hopefully kick on this year.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-08-2018, 02:30 PM
Marciano

Ambrose McGregor Hanlon

Boyle Mallan Slivka Allan Stevenson

Kamberi MacLaren

Cant help but think that midfield would get overran when it comes to the dirty work. Going forward, sound.

joe_hfc
07-08-2018, 02:33 PM
Surely this is a wind up. The boy hardly got a sniff last season and to be deployed as a right mid in majority of games he did play well your not going to see the lads potential. He scored and Against the huns and Sellik when he played last year. SJM is a world class player and I ain’t saying Slivkas at that level but he will slot into the void left by McGinn and be a shrewd replacement a nd will hopefully kick on this year.

"world class"? Let's not get carried away :greengrin but I agree that Slivka could do well playing through the centre with a decent run in the team.

ryantaylor
07-08-2018, 02:33 PM
Cant help but think that midfield would get overran when it comes to the dirty work. Going forward, sound.

Dirty games means Big Marv slots in for one of the other 3 boys

ryantaylor
07-08-2018, 02:35 PM
"world class"? Let's not get carried away :greengrin but I agree that Slivka could do well playing through the centre with a decent run in the team.

Didn’t mean World class. You know what I mean, he could easily slot into a midfield position for a decent premier league team

JackHibs
07-08-2018, 02:38 PM
Would like to see Scott Martin given a chance while we secure a replacement.

I'm no 100% convinced by him so far, fair enough we haven't seen a lot of him but any time I have seen him - in pre season etc - I've never been overly impressed.

Been on loan in league 1 a couple of times but never actually played a game in the top flight, he's been around the squad for a while now and never really had a run in the team so would be good for him to get a run and see if he is up to it!

jax67
07-08-2018, 02:38 PM
Paul Pogba.

Well, I can dream, can't I? :greengrin

Not a worthy replacement imo. Never been anywhere near being a Scottish Cup legend.

lord bunberry
07-08-2018, 02:40 PM
A lot of people saying we should go for Kamara, but I reckon Dundee will be looking for more than we’re prepared to pay. Given the amount they got for Hendry I think they’ll be looking for similar for kamara.

MagicSwirlingShip
07-08-2018, 02:43 PM
I'm no 100% convinced by him so far, fair enough we haven't seen a lot of him but any time I have seen him - in pre season etc - I've never been overly impressed.

Been on loan in league 1 a couple of times but never actually played a game in the top flight, he's been around the squad for a while now and never really had a run in the team so would be good for him to get a run and see if he is up to it!

He got POTY at his last loan spell, think it was with Arbroath. Hope he takes confidence from that and kicks on.

hughio
07-08-2018, 02:48 PM
I'm hearing that Malumbu is tied up in a contract dispute with a Belgian (?) club and can't play for anyone till that is sorted out.

hibbyfraelibby
07-08-2018, 02:52 PM
Kamara is not for me. Dundee struggled last season and he never sparked a "revival" and him and Scotty together? Didn't work at Dens, wouldn't work at ER . Not a Kamara fan as yoh might gather. If he was as good as claimed Dundee would not have been relegation fodder.

DJ HIBBY
07-08-2018, 02:53 PM

He's nowhere near a replacement for SJM and for folk to say otherwise is deluded. SJM has vision, drive, ability to tackle, can grab the game by a scruff of the neck and his influence on the team is massive. Slivka doesn't have any of these attributes or for whatever reason hasn't shown them. He may go on to be a good player elsewhere but in my opinion isn't suited to the Scottish game

CapitalGreen
07-08-2018, 02:55 PM
Kamara is not for me. Dundee struggled last season and he never sparked a "revival" and him and Scotty together? Didn't work at Dens, wouldn't work at ER . Not a Kamara fan as yoh might gather. If he was as good as claimed Dundee would not have been relegation fodder.

St Mirren got relegated with a midfield of John McGinn, Kenny McLean and Stephen Mallan.

Famous Fiver
07-08-2018, 03:04 PM
Sounds like either Cathro or Houston was in charge to take a team down with that trio in it!!

snooky
07-08-2018, 03:05 PM
He's nowhere near a replacement for SJM and for folk to say otherwise is deluded. SJM has vision, drive, ability to tackle, can grab the game by a scruff of the neck and his influence on the team is massive. Slivka doesn't have any of these attributes or for whatever reason hasn't shown them. He may go on to be a good player elsewhere but in my opinion isn't suited to the Scottish game

I'm sorry but I see Slivka as average. I won't write him off but he's not done anything in my eyes - save a great goal at Ibrox - that has raised him above the norm.
Nevertheless, goan yersel Vicky and prove me wrong. Make an auld moaner a happy man. :cool2:

Leitherhibs
07-08-2018, 03:08 PM

Slivka has all the technical ability required to make it at hibs, hasn’t always shown it but opportunities have been limited.

ryantaylor
07-08-2018, 03:15 PM

Would just like to know if you believe McGinn has a replacement that does all of the above your saying. And if so how will be bring him to ER

DJ HIBBY
07-08-2018, 03:32 PM
Would just like to know if you believe McGinn has a replacement that does all of the above your saying. And if so how will be bring him to ER

My point was that Slivka is nowhere a replacement for Mcginn as they are totally different players.

The lad at Motherwell, Allan Campbell, is a solid combative midfielder with plenty of potential. For a more established player, I would agree that Mulumbu should be on our radar.

Essentially with SJM leaving we are looking to add some steel to the midfield, which it lacks without him

snooky
07-08-2018, 03:33 PM

Sign Maggin Doppelganger if he's available.

Edinburgh Green
07-08-2018, 03:33 PM
This guy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5oIaVpznoI

Speed, power, can tackle and create.

ryantaylor
07-08-2018, 03:34 PM
Sign Maggin Doppelganger if he's available.

Lennon get the finger out!!

snooky
07-08-2018, 03:41 PM

Great awareness, vision & timing with superb feet. Definitely McGinn-esque. :aok:

Lago
07-08-2018, 03:45 PM
I'm hearing that Malumbu is tied up in a contract dispute with a Belgian (?) club and can't play for anyone till that is sorted out.
I am not really buying into this Malumba love in to be honest, good player but???

SRHibs
07-08-2018, 03:49 PM
I am not really buying into this Malumba love in to be honest, good player but???

Molombo was a big part of why Killie did so well last season. Worth a punt if only for a year, as he is getting on a wee bit.

hibees 7062
07-08-2018, 03:51 PM

Wow :agree:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
07-08-2018, 03:53 PM

Neither am I, never heard of him :greengrin

Lago
07-08-2018, 03:54 PM
Neither am I, never heard of him :greengrin
Yeah yeah :greengrin

GoalsMcGinley
07-08-2018, 04:35 PM
Hibs have had Kamara watched on numerous occasions. Finances might scupper any deal though. Dundee looking for £1m+

Juice Terry
07-08-2018, 04:36 PM
A lot of people saying we should go for Kamara, but I reckon Dundee will be looking for more than we’re prepared to pay. Given the amount they got for Hendry I think they’ll be looking for similar for kamara.Very true.
And I believe his preferred option is the English championship.
Decent enough player but not sure I'd be happy going at £1 million for him.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

caithnesshibee
07-08-2018, 04:39 PM
Bobby Mann ex if ICT tweeted today that if McGinn leaves, Hibs will be in for Kamara. No idea how reliable that info would be though.

Billy Whizz
07-08-2018, 04:41 PM
Bobby Mann ex if ICT tweeted today that if McGinn leaves, Hibs will be in for Kamara. No idea how reliable that info would be though.

Dundee fans on their forum are fearful of Hibs getting him

pacoluna
07-08-2018, 04:46 PM
Slivka couldn't lace SJM's boots! Yet to be impressed by him and his performance off the bench on Sunday was a shocker. He lacks any real heart and has zero dig, all strong attributes of SJM. I would cut our losses with him to be honest.He lacks any real heart.. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180807/c0bb659c65fcb5e2d4aa9e6f4d84bba6.jpg

Sent from my S40 using Tapatalk

mcfly
07-08-2018, 04:49 PM

Deary deary me

pacoluna
07-08-2018, 04:51 PM
I'm sorry but I see Slivka as average. I won't write him off but he's not done anything in my eyes - save a great goal at Ibrox - that has raised him above the norm.
Nevertheless, goan yersel Vicky and prove me wrong. Make an auld moaner a happy man. :cool2:

Technically one of if not the best players we have imo.

GloryGlory
07-08-2018, 04:51 PM

Dundee were quoting £1 million last season for him - I doubt we'd be interested at that price.

ryantaylor
07-08-2018, 04:57 PM
Finally some guys agreeing with me about Vikky. Thought I was the only one that rated him.

AlbertK86
07-08-2018, 04:58 PM

Bobby Mann is a Dundonian so who knows if he is connected still to the club.

Pretty sure he played for them before he was at ICT

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nutmegged
07-08-2018, 05:05 PM
Would probably be unlikely but if we got £4m for McGinn, around £2.66m after St Mirren's cut I'd be more than happy if we made a bid for Greame Shinnie, I think he's quite similar to McGinn, drive, pace, left sided, good passer and a natural leader, I'd happily test them with a £750,000 bid.

Hibernian Verse
07-08-2018, 05:18 PM
Would probably be unlikely but if we got £4m for McGinn, around £2.66m after St Mirren's cut I'd be more than happy if we made a bid for Greame Shinnie, I think he's quite similar to McGinn, drive, pace, left sided, good passer and a natural leader, I'd happily test them with a £750,000 bid.There is 0 chance Shinnie would leave Aberdeen to come here. You are howling at the moon with this one.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
07-08-2018, 05:39 PM
Slivka couldn't lace SJM's boots! Yet to be impressed by him and his performance off the bench on Sunday was a shocker. He lacks any real heart and has zero dig, all strong attributes of SJM. I would cut our losses with him to be honest.Jeezo [emoji85]

Nemo
07-08-2018, 05:42 PM
He’s right. No heart.

bordergreen
07-08-2018, 05:43 PM
There is 0 chance Shinnie would leave Aberdeen to come here. You are howling at the moon with this one.

Don't think he would come either, but would love him at Easter Road. He looked class for them against Burnley.

RIP
07-08-2018, 05:57 PM

Great player in a duff team who would fit perfectly into the Dylan role. I’m still convinced that our 17/18 player of the year needs replaced urgently.

Lancs Harp
07-08-2018, 05:59 PM
Surely our priority post SJM is subsidising the Hibs oven gloves.

truehibernian
07-08-2018, 06:20 PM
If we add a defensive midfielder then for me (and Allan), Fraser Murray is the 'replacement' for SJM in the sense that he (and the club) can start to really develop his obvious talent over the next 3 years. He needs to work on his core physical strength however so did SJM when he arrived and if you look at SJM when he first signed until the one that is leaving it's night and day (but with consistent improvement season upon season). The same will apply to Fraser and he has all the technical ability to achieve anything he wants to in football.

I saw him at HTC a couple of weeks ago and although he has been injured he does look like he's been filling out. Great prospect and one to watch for me. Also really impressed with the development of Sean Mackie - he is going to be a right good left back / wing back if he gets chances in the first team this season but he may benefit from a loan spell in the Scottish Championship / League One initially. The improved physique on the lad shows he's been working hard.

JohnM1875
07-08-2018, 06:37 PM
If we add a defensive midfielder then for me (and Allan), Fraser Murray is the 'replacement' for SJM in the sense that he (and the club) can start to really develop his obvious talent over the next 3 years. He needs to work on his core physical strength however so did SJM when he arrived and if you look at SJM when he first signed until the one that is leaving it's night and day (but with consistent improvement season upon season). The same will apply to Fraser and he has all the technical ability to achieve anything he wants to in football.

I saw him at HTC a couple of weeks ago and although he has been injured he does look like he's been filling out. Great prospect and one to watch for me. Also really impressed with the development of Sean Mackie - he is going to be a right good left back / wing back if he gets chances in the first team this season but he may benefit from a loan spell in the Scottish Championship / League One initially. The improved physique on the lad shows he's been working hard.

I'd actually forgotten all about young Fraser Murray. But think you could be bang on. Anytime I've seen him he's looked a great player. And if he fills out the same way McGinn did we'll be on to a winner.

Greenbeard
07-08-2018, 08:29 PM
Is that so we can all hold flares safely?

eastcoasthibby
07-08-2018, 08:52 PM
[QUOTE=JohnM1875;5501927]I'd actually forgotten all about young Fraser Murray. But think you could be bang on. Anytime I've seen him he's looked a great player. And if he fills out the same way McGinn did we'll be on to a winner.[/QUOTE
]
Sorry but Fraser while definitely has real potential to make it with us, he is not the same type player as SJM at all, physique wide he is a millions miles away just now ! Sean Mackie hasn't half filled out in throats season and I think needs to go out on loan and let's see if can make the step up from development, cos there are certain aspects of his game that are good and some that need worked on, but he has a chance i think !! ..The boy Blake is an interesting one for me, mitt long back from injury i think, but looks like he might be in with a shout of progressing if he continues to develop after his lay off !! He likes getting forward as well ...as does Mackie 👍

HAZ2000
07-08-2018, 09:00 PM
I am worried that people are going to judge Slivka this season in comparison with Mcginn. They are completely different players. Slivka will be a very important player for us this season no doubt, but does a different job to Mcginn.

Heisenberg
07-08-2018, 09:04 PM
I am worried that people are going to judge Slivka this season in comparison with Mcginn. They are completely different players. Slivka will be a very important player for us this season no doubt, but does a different job to Mcginn.

All midfielders we sign for the next few years will be compared to McGinn/McGeouch. We still call the defensive midfield position the Matty Jack role ffs! 😂

OxoHibby
07-08-2018, 09:16 PM

If only everyone else realised that. World class players get tens of millions.

Jackh
07-08-2018, 10:09 PM

And the jammies

ryantaylor
07-08-2018, 10:15 PM
If only everyone else realised that. World class players get tens of millions.

I’m just glad I’ve been about to watch him first hand at ER for this length of time. No doubt in my mind he’ll make it very big wherever he decides his career take him because he absolutely deserves it. Heart on his sleeve each game and an absolute role model in the way he’s going out this transfer saga

CapitalGreen
07-08-2018, 10:17 PM
Dundee were quoting £1 million last season for him - I doubt we'd be interested at that price.

...and Hibs were quoting £5m for McGinn but going to sell for less.

darwenhibby
07-08-2018, 10:22 PM
...and Hibs were quoting £5m for McGinn but going to sell for less.

I think that Dundee will be a bit more answerable to the bank than Hibs and may need to accept an offer much less than £1m+
Just my own opinion but I don’t think they are that much better off than when they went into administration

sean04
08-08-2018, 05:17 AM
I like the lad Alan Campbell from Motherwell

Dancehibs
08-08-2018, 05:27 AM
Would probably be unlikely but if we got £4m for McGinn, around £2.66m after St Mirren's cut I'd be more than happy if we made a bid for Greame Shinnie, I think he's quite similar to McGinn, drive, pace, left sided, good passer and a natural leader, I'd happily test them with a £750,000 bid.

I’d love to get him. Only one full season as a pro. Previous seasons off games here and there. Last season of contract. Hopefully we can get him

BILLYHIBS
08-08-2018, 05:53 AM
Eh? No way would the sheep sell their main man to their main rivals for second place for any amount.....Next! :confused:

worcesterhibby
08-08-2018, 07:03 AM
Kamara £600,000 and Allen £300,000. £1.3 mil in the bank. Good business

Austinho
08-08-2018, 07:04 AM
I really like the look of Kamara based on video evidence. Him to do the leg work, and give freedom to Allan (hopefully) and Mallan to be attack threats.

Plus he’s not Finnish, he’s only 22!

Greenworld
08-08-2018, 07:39 AM
Whoever it is lennon and Parker have had lots of time knowing this was likely to happen.
They will be working overtime on the list of possible players.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Jim44
08-08-2018, 08:23 AM
If a deal with AV or Celtic goes through this morning, is there any chance we could have someone in and registered for the Europa tomorrow?

makaveli1875
08-08-2018, 08:35 AM
Stick a 250k bid in for Scotty Broon , 750k For Griffiths . See how Sellick like that

Greenworld
08-08-2018, 08:54 AM
If a deal with AV or Celtic goes through this morning, is there any chance we could have someone in and registered for the Europa tomorrow?Slim chance need to registered 24 hrs before the first leg so by 7.45 today https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180808/ccb090fbe3597915fe4e2f2d8186f71a.jpg

CapitalGreen
08-08-2018, 09:03 AM
Slim chance need to registered 24 hrs before the first leg so by 7.45 today https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180808/ccb090fbe3597915fe4e2f2d8186f71a.jpg

11pm

The_Horde
08-08-2018, 12:38 PM
I'd take Don Cowie and Djoum. Best midfielders in the league..

Stevie Reid
08-08-2018, 12:40 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45117113

H18 SFR
08-08-2018, 12:41 PM

He just gets wound up and runs around trying to kick folk. Definitely a potential player in there but so easily wound up.

Hibernian Verse
08-08-2018, 12:48 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45117113Get that right up and round Celtic

HibbyKeith
08-08-2018, 01:06 PM
I really like the look of Kamara based on video evidence. Him to do the leg work, and give freedom to Allan (hopefully) and Mallan to be attack threats.

Plus he’s not Finnish, he’s only 22!He looks a class act.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

hibees 7062
08-08-2018, 01:12 PM

:agree: Great player

snooky
08-08-2018, 01:20 PM
Stick a 250k bid in for Scotty Broon , 750k For Griffiths . See how Sellick like that

:hmmm: ......... :fire::furious::fire::furious::fire::furious: .... :dunno:

Greenbeard
08-08-2018, 02:04 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45117113
Hopefully the terms agreed between the clubs includes a good sell-on % to Hibs.

If the tic did match Villa's offer I can't see them playing ball on Allan coming east now, or anyone else for that matter.

CathroMustStay
08-08-2018, 02:08 PM
:agree: Great player

Great player? :hilarious

coldingham hibs
08-08-2018, 02:10 PM

😂😂😂

MyJo
08-08-2018, 02:12 PM
Hopefully the terms agreed between the clubs includes a good sell-on % to Hibs.

If the tic did match Villa's offer I can't see them playing ball on Allan coming east now, or anyone else for that matter.

Over the next three weeks we should offer Celtic £150k, then £175k and finally £200k take it or leave it offer.

Get Lennon to talk about how Allan is a player he admires in press conferences and get a couple of blogs on the go so Celtic know that if they don't accept the offer we have made we will just get him for free in January while completely ignoring the fact that we actually can't get him for free in January.

LancsHibs
08-08-2018, 02:27 PM
Over the next three weeks we should offer Celtic £150k, then £175k and finally £200k take it or leave it offer.

Get Lennon to talk about how Allan is a player he admires in press conferences and get a couple of blogs on the go so Celtic know that if they don't accept the offer we have made we will just get him for free in January while completely ignoring the fact that we actually can't get him for free in January.

Ha ha good one. GIRUY Celtc flumps!

Springbank
08-08-2018, 02:34 PM

It will still all somehow end up being about Rod Petrie too :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
08-08-2018, 02:34 PM

I like it :aok:

Hibeesmad
08-08-2018, 02:37 PM
lenny likes to bring a gem in from Europe. I think this will be the case with McGinn’s replacement

Springbank
08-08-2018, 02:39 PM
lenny likes to bring a gem in from Europe. I think this will be the case with McGinn’s replacement

Mentioned in dispatches earlier in the year, Hibs board have worked with Grasshoppers before with Flo etc...

https://int.soccerway.com/players/marko-basic/85625/

SteveHFC
08-08-2018, 02:40 PM

Marco Reus :hyper

Hibernia&Alba
08-08-2018, 02:46 PM
Marco Reus :hyper

That's one hell of a spliff you're smoking, Steve. :greengrin

CapitalGreen
08-08-2018, 02:57 PM
Mentioned in dispatches earlier in the year, Hibs board have worked with Grasshoppers before with Flo etc...

Are you confusing him with Rifet Kapic who we were linked with earlier in the summer by the journo Richard Wilson?

If so he is away out on loan.

JackHibs
08-08-2018, 03:15 PM

Marko Basic has a cruciate ligament injury and not expected back until October according to Transfermarkt http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/marko-basic/profil/spieler/46017

Hibs Giant
08-08-2018, 04:30 PM
All midfielders we sign for the next few years will be compared to McGinn/McGeouch. We still call the defensive midfield position the Matty Jack role ffs! 😂

:faf:

BILLYHIBS
08-08-2018, 05:50 PM
Greg Docherty ? Don’t know if already mentioned but no longer wanted by the Huns?

The_Horde
08-08-2018, 05:54 PM
Greg Docherty ? Don’t know if already mentioned but no longer wanted by the Huns?

Just signed for shrewsbury

Crazyhorse
08-08-2018, 05:58 PM

I heard they were both going to the EPL £20m each... with a 33% sell on when they inevitably move to Barca/Madrid.