PDA

View Full Version : Hibs 21s v Tranent

erin go bragh
07-08-2018, 10:03 AM
Seen this posted on twitter from the Hibs bounce

#1 (https://www.hibeesbounce.com/threads/tranent-v-hibs-reserves.125707/post-1621135)
I went along to this game last night at Forresters Park. First time there and a decent little ground it is, and there was a very good turnout. Ryan Porteous, Martin Boyle and Danny Swanson there to give support as well. Lennon and Parker were also there.. Anyway Hibs won 6-2 and it was a really good game. Ian Black was playing for Tranent and it's fair to say he got a fair amount of stick from the Hibs contingent in the crowd, especially when he got booked in the first half after upending the impressive Lewis Allan.

Fraser Murray played and looked good scoring a superb first half goal. He was taken off in the second half I think primarily because he has just came back after injury. Tranent scored first an excellent goal, but then Hibs scored three in about 10 minutes to go 3-1 up at the break. Class and fitness came to the fore in the second half and Hibs were winning 6-1 near the end and then the team in maroon got a consolation goal in the last minute....wonder where we have seen that happening before ??

Anyway, Really impressed with Hibs. Some really good players coming through notably Lewis Allan (who I think could be a regular in the first team squad, he certainly has the physique, awareness and ability for hold the ball up as well as being a decent finisher), Fraser Murray, Ben Stirling, Jamie Gullan and Scott Martin. I was also very impressed with Kevin Waugh in central defence. Enjoyed the game on a good night for football.

biscuitersed75
07-08-2018, 10:18 AM
Good to see positive views on Lewis Allan. He's ready for the first team squad imo. Decent competition for Olly for that third striker spot in the squad.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

HIBERNIAN-0762
07-08-2018, 11:40 AM
Thanks for that report mate 👍

overdrive
07-08-2018, 12:07 PM
I really like Allan as a player but he's a good bit older than Shaw. I know his development will have fallen behind his peers and those slightly younger than him due to the amount of time he had out due to his illness but he's almost 22. If he doesn't make the breakthrough this season, I don't think he ever will. Perhaps if Kamberi gets injured at some point and we need someone up front with more of physical presence than Maclaren or Shaw, he might make it but I think it would be unlikely.

I'm sure one of the "in the know" posters posted last season that he'd be away at the end of the season when is contract was up. I was amazed he was given another one. I reckon he's perhaps been saved by the creation of the reserve league as he'd be too old for development league if it still existed.

I know this sounds like I'm slating the lad but I'm not, just being realistic. As I said, I really like him as a player but just can't see him displacing the likes of Kamberi or Maclaren or another striker that we might sign and Shaw has overtaken him now.

GreenArmyyy!
07-08-2018, 03:44 PM
Tin hat on here but I personally think the only player that played last night that has a chance of making it at Hibs is Fraser Murray. Taking a step back and analysing everything I was quite underwhelmed with the quality in our youth side at the moment. Hope I’m wrong of course!

HibeeMackenzie
07-08-2018, 03:52 PM
Was very impressed with Fraser Murray, best player on the park who more than held his own in a physical battle with Ian Black who tried a kick out at Fraser at one point.
Other standouts were Hammer, Stirling, Blake and Mackie, who played very well despite being out of position at right wing

biscuitersed75
07-08-2018, 11:07 PM
I really like Allan as a player but he's a good bit older than Shaw. I know his development will have fallen behind his peers and those slightly younger than him due to the amount of time he had out due to his illness but he's almost 22. If he doesn't make the breakthrough this season, I don't think he ever will. Perhaps if Kamberi gets injured at some point and we need someone up front with more of physical presence than Maclaren or Shaw, he might make it but I think it would be unlikely.

I'm sure one of the "in the know" posters posted last season that he'd be away at the end of the season when is contract was up. I was amazed he was given another one. I reckon he's perhaps been saved by the creation of the reserve league as he'd be too old for development league if it still existed.

I know this sounds like I'm slating the lad but I'm not, just being realistic. As I said, I really like him as a player but just can't see him displacing the likes of Kamberi or Maclaren or another striker that we might sign and Shaw has overtaken him now.Yes, if i recall correctly, the 'in the know' poster suggested that there was no chance that Lewis would get another contract. Some of us had more faith. As to his chances of making an impact this year, it's really all about giving him an opportunity. I agree he would be an ideal stand in for Kamberi, has the physicality and potential for decent hold up play/lay offs. Plus, he'll put chances away if presented with them. We'll only know if he gets a chance. At 22 he's in his prime and not in there purely for the reserve team numbers.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk