PDA

View Full Version : NHC Alan Hutton

theonlywayisup
07-08-2018, 06:44 AM
Had a wee look at the Villa fans forum and there's a lot of love for Alan Hutton, with currently a 333 page thread on him. I'm sure it's not all positive during the dark days.

"Whatever you think about his ability, and I'm not fan, the bloke has gone from hated joke figure to cult hero due to nothing but hard work and application."
"Just like Cristiano Ronaldo he has the physical fitness of a 23 year old."
"Take a bow sir! Best yellow card ever!"

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/4819-alan-hutton/?page=332

Took his goal well, which is half way down the thread on page 332.

The first page in the thread was just before they signed him in 2011. Made me think, would it be better if we had one single thread per player instead of the multiple Stevenson, McGinn, Slivka etc threads.:cb

frazeHFC
07-08-2018, 08:38 AM
Watched the game yesterday and was surprised to still see him playing for them. He's was very good though.

J-C
07-08-2018, 08:41 AM
He could've jumped ship when relegated but has stuck with them and shown his true colours as a pro, good on him, never a bad player a bit like Whitaker, great going forward but dodgy as a defender.

Smartie
07-08-2018, 09:06 AM
Hutton was always a good player for Scotland and might have been even better if he'd played regular club football throughout his career.

Shrekko
07-08-2018, 09:10 AM
Hutton was always a good player for Scotland and might have been even better if he'd played regular club football throughout his career.
Not always a first choice at EPL clubs but he’s played plenty football in his career!

Smartie
07-08-2018, 09:14 AM
Not always a first choice at EPL clubs but he’s played plenty football in his career!

For quite a long time there were question marks over his Scotland place as he wasn't playing for his club. He still did well enough, but was possibly not as match fit as he might have been.

I'm sure he's played lots of games as you say though - he's already had a long career and doesn't sound like he's going to be giving up any time soon.

It's been a bit of a problem position since he stopped playing for Scotland. Has he retired, or was he just not getting in the squad?

Hiber-nation
07-08-2018, 09:31 AM
Was a fantastic player for Scotland. Not sure what happened to him when Villa got relegated as he was dreadful but he's done really well to recover and was pleased for him to score last night.

SeanWilson
07-08-2018, 10:36 AM
He could've jumped ship when relegated but has stuck with them and shown his true colours as a pro, good on him, never a bad player a bit like Whitaker, great going forward but dodgy as a defender.

😂😂 And gone where!?

calumhibee1
07-08-2018, 10:39 AM
I actually really liked him as a player. Loved the way he bombed forward, was every bit as attacking as the likes of Alba, Dani Alvez etc, just obviously not as good.

IGRIGI
07-08-2018, 10:52 AM
Was phenomenal vs Italy at Hampden, tore them a new one one the wing.

Bristolhibby
07-08-2018, 10:59 AM
Was phenomenal vs Italy at Hampden, tore them a new one one the wing.

Then he got fouled and the red gave an Italian free kick which they scored the winner from.

Never forgiving that ref for that!

J