PDA

View Full Version : Sportsound yesterday

California-Hibs
07-08-2018, 05:57 AM
Not sure who caught it (personally love the show and debates) but Michael Stewart was on top form. They brought Charlie Adam in on the line and they had a right coming together with Michael lambasting Charlie's arrogant 'all about Rangers and Celtic' mentality. Adam was also adamant after just one game that Rangers were going to skoosh 2nd spot etc.

Michael Stewart was spot on taking about this entitled mentality that Rangers have, and about how important the language is that we use, as well as managers etc.

Just thought it was a particularly good show.

They also talk very very highly of us most nights.

Charlie Adam came across as a tit of the highest order!

Michael
07-08-2018, 06:27 AM
Not sure who caught it (personally love the show and debates) but Michael Stewart was on top form. They brought Charlie Adam in on the line and they had a right coming together with Michael lambasting Charlie's arrogant 'all about Rangers and Celtic' mentality. Adam was also adamant after just one game that Rangers were going to skoosh 2nd spot etc.

Michael Stewart was spot on taking about this entitled mentality that Rangers have, and about how important the language is that we use, as well as managers etc.

He's also incredibly bitter about leaving Liverpool.

hibbydog
07-08-2018, 07:50 AM
Charlie Adam is an enormous uneducated moron. His total lack of humility and bias towards The Rangers is predictably bitter and boring.

Also a fat lump who I can’t believe is a professional athlete.

Still though, we arra peepul.

GreenNWhiteArmy
07-08-2018, 08:08 AM
Charlie Adam has made a staggering amount of money as a "professional footballer"

The mind boggles. Mikey Stewart wasn't a great player, but wasn't any worse than that clown Adam.

I regularly see the rangers fans hammering Stewart for an opinion. I assume he failed a trial once? In their words that beggars belief because they had Ian ****ing Black registered!!

Also like Mikey as a pundit, calls the game how he sees it with absolutely zero bias

Sammy7nil
07-08-2018, 08:11 AM
Never heard the show but I have to say Adam comes across well on Radio 5 Monday night programme.

patlowe
07-08-2018, 08:15 AM
Mikey Stewart can be a bit antagonistic and petty when he gets into these kinds of arguments but I thought he was spot on last night. It's great to hear someone speaking for the vast majority of clubs when so many pundits (possibly even sub-consciously) just see everything through the prism of Rangers and Celtic.

I also agree that the Sportsound team generally give Hibs a lot of credit. Stubbs, Lennon and Dempster are well liked and respected among the media and pundits, which has helped to raise our profile and ensure we get the positive coverage we deserve. In the years previously, the media had certainly revelled in our demise at times, as we would do with other big clubs in this country I guess.

Jones28
07-08-2018, 08:26 AM
He's also incredibly bitter about leaving Liverpool.

Someone posted an excerpt from Craig Bellamy's biography where he tears Adam a new one in his first few days at Liverpool.

Stevie Reid
07-08-2018, 08:28 AM
Someone posted an excerpt from Craig Bellamy's biography where he tears Adam a new one in his first few days at Liverpool.

https://twitter.com/footballquote_/status/452908255107620864?lang=en

None of it is especially hard to believe.

ForeverHibs93
07-08-2018, 08:29 AM

More than likely because he is, can’t stand the guy, he’s always come across as a knob.

Future17
07-08-2018, 08:37 AM
Charlie Adam is an enormous uneducated moron. His total lack of humility and bias towards The Rangers is predictably bitter and boring.

Also a fat lump who I can’t believe is a professional athlete.

Still though, we arra peepul.

I think he's started the "I want to finish my career at Rangers" chat as he sets up one final payday. I think he'll be disappointed as they currently have the wrong manager for that.

JeMeSouviens
07-08-2018, 08:38 AM
Blah, blah, blah ... it's all going to be different this season ... they're much stronger ... here comes the real challenge to Celtc. Deja vu all over again. FFS, even Pedro managed to win at Pittodrie. They never learn. :rolleyes:

jacomo
07-08-2018, 08:44 AM
I think he's started the "I want to finish my career at Rangers" chat as he sets up one final payday. I think he'll be disappointed as they currently have the wrong manager for that.

:agree:

It seems the current manager of the Rangers considers Adam to be a “useless fat ****”

:hilarious

Treadstone
07-08-2018, 08:57 AM
Stewart absolutely rinsed Adam when he asked him to elaborate on "they've added quality up front". Adam eventually said Sadiq as he plays for Roma to which Stewart asked "how many times?" "20" was the shot in the dark guess.

You absolute clown.

Leitherhibs
07-08-2018, 09:12 AM
Unpopular opinion generally but Mikey Stewart is an excellent, articulate pundit. He rarely gets it wrong and does a great job of talking up the Scottish game!

Danderhall Hibs
07-08-2018, 09:34 AM

:hilarious the iconic player must be Gerrard?

poolman
07-08-2018, 09:40 AM

Listened to the podcast early hours this morning

Was good, Michael Stewart ripped that moron Adam a new one

Was good listening :agree:

Spike Mandela
07-08-2018, 10:03 AM
Just listened to the podcast and what a joy it was. Stewart left Adam and Kenny McIntyre trailing in his wake like the gibbering idiots that they are.

You could hear the seethe in McIntyre’s voice when Stewart correctly singled out the Rangers’ fans sense of entitlement. Top listen.:aok:

SirDavidsNapper
07-08-2018, 10:08 AM

Wow. Also says a lot about Craig Bellamy. What a charming character he is.

Tricla
07-08-2018, 10:25 AM
Anybody got a link to the podcast?

JeMeSouviens
07-08-2018, 10:34 AM
Anybody got a link to the podcast?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02nrsc7/episodes/downloads

Tricla
07-08-2018, 10:41 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02nrsc7/episodes/downloads

Thank you kindly.

snooky
07-08-2018, 10:45 AM
Charlie Adam has made a staggering amount of money as a "professional footballer"

The mind boggles. Mikey Stewart wasn't a great player, but wasn't any worse than that clown Adam.

I regularly see the rangers fans hammering Stewart for an opinion. I assume he failed a trial once? In their words that beggars belief because they had Ian ****ing Black registered!!

Also like Mikey as a pundit, calls the game how he sees it with absolutely zero bias

IIRC, Rangers took Mikey on trial however, he left them after a day (or two). No reason was given by either side other than the impression that it didn't work out.

Fife-Hibee
07-08-2018, 10:47 AM
Just listened to that disaster on the podcast. He doesn't just talk stupid, he actually sounds stupid. His voice tone quite literally sounds like that of an uneducated moron.

I hope they weren't being serious when they said they would have him back on thoughout the season. Unbearable to listen to.

green day
07-08-2018, 10:52 AM
Just listened to that disaster on the podcast. He doesn't just talk stupid, he actually sounds stupid. His voice tone quite literally sounds like that of an uneducated moron.

I hope they weren't being serious when they said they would have him back on thoughout the season. Unbearable to listen to.

I just listened too - incredible stuff...................Adam comes across as a complete balloon. Lee McCulloch is marginally better than Adam.

Michael Stewart is streets ahead of any of them, knows his stuff, even handed and appears to despise the "Glasgow clubs, Glasgow clubs, Glasgow clubs" crap that BBC Sports Scotland constantly churn out

hibbydog
07-08-2018, 11:26 AM
Unpopular opinion generally but Mikey Stewart is an excellent, articulate pundit. He rarely gets it wrong and does a great job of talking up the Scottish game!

Not unpopular with me sir. I completely agree. He’s well researched, informed and talks without bias.

Everything that Charlie Adam isn’t !!

Hibs1969
07-08-2018, 03:54 PM
Adam was even worse last night than he was in the pre-recorded interview on Sportsound on Saturday. Michael Stewart and Willie Miller both destroyed him then and Stewart did the same again last night despite being painted into a corner by McIntyre. Adam’s arguments about the Zombies being stronger on the basis of a draw against Aberdeen and their Euro games were blown out of the water time
and again. He ended up sounding like a petulant brat.

Future17
07-08-2018, 04:12 PM
Best comment of the interview:

Stewart: Is that unique to Rangers, Charlie?

Adam: It's unique to every club.

Treadstone
07-08-2018, 04:21 PM

Charlie puts the moron into oxymoron.

JeMeSouviens
07-08-2018, 04:25 PM

:top marks

Velma Dinkley
07-08-2018, 06:15 PM
Wow. Also says a lot about Craig Bellamy. What a charming character he is.

It's not real.

tamig
07-08-2018, 06:34 PM

There was another thread when it was on. Relegated to second page now. Mikey was superb. Not toeing the establishment party line at all. And wtf was Lee McCulloch like? Contributed nothing to the discussion other than to show himself up as a bit of a daftie.

hibby rae
07-08-2018, 07:57 PM
It wasn't even the fact that Adam is so biased he wouldn't admit he was wrong. It's the fact that Stewart is far more intelligent and I don't think Adam even understood the argument being put against him.

It's like showing a dog card tricks.

superfurryhibby
07-08-2018, 08:07 PM
There was another thread when it was on. Relegated to second page now. Mikey was superb. Not toeing the establishment party line at all. And wtf was Lee McCulloch like? Contributed nothing to the discussion other than to show himself up as a bit of a daftie.

How do people like McCulloch even get near radio in the first place? Staggering levels of banality.

Stewart is a the opposite. Aye, he loves himself and all the rest, but he is also insightful, passionate and determined to give his views and challenge the nonsense spouted.

As for Adam, playing to the gallery in a none too clever manner, muppet.

Smartie
07-08-2018, 08:28 PM
Ho ho ho.

I just listened to this.

That was an absolutely outstanding performance from Michael Stewart.

He was bang on the money, and made a fool of Charlie Adam.

Michael Stewart is head and shoulders above all of the other pundits. Open, honest, articulate and passionate - he's class.

I think you've got to look at the way he analyses Hibs - when we are good he praises us highly. When we've been poor he's been critical. It is impossible to argue with him when he is critical because he is reasoned and backs up his arguments with facts.

That was a magnificent podcast.

mca
07-08-2018, 08:45 PM
Just listened to that disaster on the podcast. He doesn't just talk stupid, he actually sounds stupid. His voice tone quite literally sounds like that of an uneducated moron..

Missed the start and i just assumed they had a rangers fan off the street talking... That's how most of them sound..

SRHibs
07-08-2018, 08:51 PM

10/10

lapsedhibee
07-08-2018, 09:36 PM
It wasn't even the fact that Adam is so biased he wouldn't admit he was wrong. It's the fact that Stewart is far more intelligent and I don't think Adam even understood the argument being put against him.

:agree:

Greentinted
07-08-2018, 09:46 PM

That was the line that confirmed Charlie Adam was miles out his depth. He was actually embarrassing beyond cringeworthy.

Tug Wilson
07-08-2018, 09:48 PM

There was one line about Adam just spouting what the Rangers fans wanted to hear and "feeding the narrative". The pause from Charlie showed that he just didn't understand what Mikey Stewart said. To be honest it really wasn't a fair fight.

worcesterhibby
08-08-2018, 07:21 AM
Never heard the show but I have to say Adam comes across well on Radio 5 Monday night programme.

Really ?? I think he comes across as a brain dead toss pot