PDA

View Full Version : Match tickets on your mobile phone

Hibbyradge
06-08-2018, 05:36 PM
Are Hibs looking at providing an e-ticket facility?

I can get on buses, trains and aeroplanes using my phone.

I've been to gigs and cinemas without the need for paper too.

Do we really need to print at home anymore?

KWJ
06-08-2018, 05:38 PM
You can use the barcode from the email on your phone to get in.

GreenProfessor
06-08-2018, 05:38 PM
Are Hibs looking at providing an e-ticket facility?

I can get on buses, trains and aeroplanes using my phone.

I've been to gigs and cinemas without the need for paper too.

Do we really need to print at home anymore?

You don't need to print at home. If you open the .pdf on your phone it should scan under the barcode reader. Has worked for me no problem using an iPhone 6s. Hope this helps.

GreenProfessor
06-08-2018, 05:39 PM
You can use the barcode from the email on your phone to get in.

Haha....you beat me to it....;-)

Hibbyradge
06-08-2018, 05:40 PM
Thanks guys.

I'll give that a go next time I'm up.

It would still be good if Hibs confirmed that as a formal entry method.

I can imagine the hassle I'd get if the bar code on the phone didn't work.

GreenProfessor
06-08-2018, 05:42 PM
Thanks guys.

I can imagine the hassle I'd get if the bar code on the phone didn't work.

I know what you mean. First time I did this I was pretty concerned it wouldn't scan properly. I agree it would be helpful for a quick confirmation by the club that this is an acceptable method of entry.

Tug Wilson
06-08-2018, 05:43 PM
Might give this a go on Thursday. Will take a printed copy as well.

Hermit Crab
06-08-2018, 05:45 PM
I'm going to take a photo of my ST and try it on Thursday, will obviously have my ST with me as back up. :greengrin

Frazerbob
06-08-2018, 05:46 PM
I’ve used my phone several times. Never had any issues.

GreenProfessor
06-08-2018, 05:47 PM
If you're scanning a barcode (or QR) from a phone make sure the screen brightness is at its highest setting. This has caused me problems with boarding passes etc. in the past.

hibee
06-08-2018, 05:58 PM
I'm going to take a photo of my ST and try it on Thursday, will obviously have my ST with me as back up. :greengrin

Download Stocard for your phone then scan your season ticket into it, you can use that app to store any cards with a barcode, saves you carrying them around.

I’ve got all three of our season tickets on it along with other store cards etc.

GreenProfessor
06-08-2018, 06:15 PM
Download Stocard for your phone then scan your season ticket into it, you can use that app to store any cards with a barcode, saves you carrying them around.

I’ve got all three of our season tickets on it along with other store cards etc.

Thanks for this. Didn't know about the app, excellent.

Onceinawhile
06-08-2018, 06:21 PM

You can use an app called stocard. Will keep all your cards with barcodes. 👍

Booked4Being-Ugly
06-08-2018, 06:31 PM
Thanks guys.

I can imagine the hassle I'd get if the bar code on the phone didn't work.Been there myself, you'll get 3 attempts before you get lynched!

Someone suggested turning the brightness up on my phone so will try that on Thu.

Lancs Harp
06-08-2018, 06:38 PM
This is just witchcraft.

Hermit Crab
06-08-2018, 08:08 PM

Done, cheers. :aok:

eezyrider
06-08-2018, 08:24 PM
I used my phone for the first time on Sunday after people on here told me it would work and ye - worked no problem.
Just opened my emails and then the attachment. After that I scrolled the large barcode and put my phone screen under the scanner - it took a few attempts right enough but then it worked.

Thanks again to everyone for the advice :aok:

EZ

LancashireHibby
06-08-2018, 09:00 PM
I’ve used my phone plenty of times and will do so again on Thursday. A high resolution phone screen worth several hundred pounds is arguably more likely to work on the scanners than a 30 quid inkjet printer. The advice issued by Hibs (and most other clubs who use a Ticketmaster system) is based on when Print@Home first came in to being and probably needs updating at some point in line with technological advances since then.

dp00
06-08-2018, 10:09 PM
Used my phone on Sunday after my printer packed in and the massive Q’s at the ticket office ... I agree tho it would maybe be good for hibs to confirm this method

I recently got a flight and they sent me a thing to download and it put the boarding pass in the wallet app of my iPhone could surely save a few quid doing that for season tickets

Maybe one for our reps Frank or Tracey ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bristolhibby
06-08-2018, 10:11 PM
I’m off to the States for my hols and have Marlins v Yankees tickets and Orlando v Atlanta MLS tickets pre bought and in my Apple Wallet.

All very high-tech.

Hibs should take note.

J