PDA

View Full Version : The Sportscene Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

cleanyman
06-08-2018, 10:08 AM
Anybody watch it last night?

New studio but they need to sort out the reflections. For me its a pretty decent product now with an hour of highlights. Show returns at 6.30 next Sunday.

JeMeSouviens
06-08-2018, 10:20 AM
I like Stewart and Thompson, Jonathon Sutherland not so much but he's not desperately bad. I think it's got a lot better over the last year or 2 (especially since we're back on it :greengrin) but it just feels a bit rushed, especially the analysis bits.

BlackSheep
06-08-2018, 10:20 AM
Still not great highlights though.... pretty much showed our goals and their close chances... not a true reflection of the game yesterday.

Spend far too much time on the old firm as always.

keep the faith
06-08-2018, 10:22 AM
I think sportscene is fine. Give me that over the over analysis and posturing of match of the day.
My only beef is Thompson continually interrupting Stewart to butt in and state the obvious.

where'stheslope
06-08-2018, 10:36 AM
I think sportscene is fine. Give me that over the over analysis and posturing of match of the day.
My only beef is Thompson continually interrupting Stewart to butt in and state the obvious.
I think Thompson interrupts, as Stewart always seems to find the negative, and can be over critical, although right at the end of the Hibs highlights he quickly got in that the score could have been 3-3????

Danderhall Hibs
06-08-2018, 10:37 AM
I thought it was ok - cleared up the handball and rubbished Robinson’s post match comments.

I like Stewart and Thompson but agree at times they tend to talk over each other.

On another note - any idea how Stevie Maclean can now play on artificial pitches? He never used to be able to get insurance and all Rob Maclean done was acknowledge that without explaining what’s changed.

Hamish
06-08-2018, 10:41 AM
Suffered 10 minutes of their Saturday results show at 3pm. David Currie, McFadden, Thompson and Shelley Kerr watching all the SPFL games. McFadden and Thompson missed a couple of goals talking drivel.

Shelley Kerr was the best of them by a long way.

Sunday's was better. Stewart and Thompson are ok.

Stevie Reid
06-08-2018, 10:41 AM
Sportscene is a pretty good show. Sutherland, Stewart and Thomson are all fine.

It's a very good show when Hibs win :greengrin

Not In The Know
06-08-2018, 10:46 AM
its now better than the trumpets on Sportsound.

TelaStella
06-08-2018, 12:24 PM
Still undecided on the new studio but that’s just me being picky. Sutherland’s gone up in my rating somewhat over the last season or so but I still wish they’d find someone better to be hosting it. I like Stewart and Thompson, they give you the good cop bad cop pairing and can add extra entertainment at times. Only moan would be I thought our game got the least amount of highlights last night than anyone else? Seemed to just be the three goals but then again there wasn’t much else to show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BILLYHIBS
06-08-2018, 03:20 PM
Thought Thompson and Stewart found Gerrards not in the same class comment highly amusing presenter guy was trying not to laugh.

Lemonade
06-08-2018, 03:26 PM
I think it's fine.
It getting better and both pundits are decent.

Highlights just seem to be thrown together though without a timescale or build up.

ToffeeCabbage
06-08-2018, 03:38 PM
Watched sportscene extra today and all they covered was Gerrard, Rangers, Gerrard,Gerrard,Gerrard,The Ref,Morelos and some more Gerrard. So frustrating waiting for any discussion about Hibs that never came. Steven Thompson to his credit tried on numerous occasions to change the subject to literally anything else only for Jonathan Sutherland to drag it back to Gerrard. It was embarrassing and a waste of time for anybody who isn't a rangers fan with bampot conspiracy theories swirling round their head. If they empty Sutherland it would be decent watch imo.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

we are hibs
06-08-2018, 03:44 PM
Is there a reason Thompson constantly refers to us as Hibernian rather than Hibs?

mjhibby
06-08-2018, 03:53 PM
I thought it wasn't one of the better shows. Michael stewart likes to explain things which he does great on the radio or live games but it all seems rushed especially the bit at the end of our bit about sjm. It's almost as if they are not sure what sutherland was going to ask them. Maybe a little more rehearsing and they will be fine. As for the 3-3 from thommo. Deary me.

Lago
06-08-2018, 03:55 PM
Is there a reason Thompson constantly refers to us as Hibernian rather than Hibs?
Because thats what the club is called, Hibernian. :agree:

G B Young
06-08-2018, 04:18 PM
I thought it was ok - cleared up the handball and rubbished Robinson’s post match comments.

I like Stewart and Thompson but agree at times they tend to talk over each other.

On another note - any idea how Stevie Maclean can now play on artificial pitches? He never used to be able to get insurance and all Rob Maclean done was acknowledge that without explaining what’s changed.

Just another of these yam-related mysteries which are never explained, like the two point deduction which should have been three. And the safety certificates which get waved through when the main stand remains a building site...

As you say, though, how come Hearts give him the nod to play when Saints didn't? It's not as though Saints squad is so big that they would happily have rested one of their better players if they felt he was fit to play on these surfaces. You'd hope Hearts didn't put any pressure on him in this regard eg At 36 you'll be retiring soon so this will be your last move. If you want it to happen you need to make yourself available for every game.

we are hibs
06-08-2018, 05:01 PM
Because thats what the club is called, Hibernian. :agree:

He does it more than anyone else on television or radio though, mate.

Jones28
06-08-2018, 05:04 PM

It does sound better than saying Hibs although the time, or going on some Cosgrove-esque rhyming slang tangent

Sir David Gray
06-08-2018, 05:17 PM

That's the club's name. :confused:

we are hibs
06-08-2018, 05:19 PM
That's the club's name. :confused:

Yes but he calls us Hibernian more than hibs. No one else seems to do it that's why I asked

06-08-2018, 05:44 PM

And Ibrox as Ibrx.

Lemonade
06-08-2018, 06:20 PM

I lke it.

Duffy and Preston do it too.

Sammy7nil
06-08-2018, 08:28 PM

Because it is our name :aok: I don't hear Jambos Gers or Huns either :wink:

O'Rourke3
06-08-2018, 09:34 PM

On another note - any idea how Stevie Maclean can now play on artificial pitches? He never used to be able to get insurance and all Rob Maclean done was acknowledge that without explaining what’s changed.Interestingly the actual interview stated never a handball at least twice. Spectacular editing for the telly but mentioned by the guys on the programme.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

hibs4life
06-08-2018, 09:43 PM
Stewart and Thompson do a decent job as pundits, however it has way too much of pundit 'chat' versus actual game highlights. It needs the amount of time of actual game footage increased.

Greenfly
06-08-2018, 09:58 PM
I still lament not getting Sportscene on a Saturday night like we used to. I accept that given the amount of Sunday football now we clearly need it on Sunday night as well. Seems easy enough to do with Match of the Day. I also thinks it's a shame we get virtually nothing from lower leagues now.

Crutch
07-08-2018, 11:28 AM
I still lament not getting Sportscene on a Saturday night like we used to. I accept that given the amount of Sunday football now we clearly need it on Sunday night as well. Seems easy enough to do with Match of the Day. I also thinks it's a shame we get virtually nothing from lower leagues now.

Strangely used to love the old Division 1 highlights from a few years back when it was on STV, Scotsport First I think it was called. The SPL version was horrible though. Big daft studio audience with a 5 aside goal infront of them, presenters were torture as well. Still watched it religiously right enough...

Sportscene's not great, but a far cry from those days. Wee round-up of the lower divisions would be a nice addition IMO.

cleanyman
12-08-2018, 05:04 PM
On tonight 6.30

Johnny_Leith
12-08-2018, 06:27 PM
Livi's pitch, wow. How is that allowed in the top league? Complete joke.

Allant1981
12-08-2018, 06:29 PM

just said the exact same, someone will get hurt on these crap pitches one day

Sir David Gray

That's horrendous. No way that should be authorised in the Premiership.

cleanyman
Livi's pitch is perhaps the worst I've seen.

Jim44
12-08-2018, 06:33 PM
Disgusting. They should be forced to get rid of it or play all their home games at a neutral venue. What does UEFA say about this nonsense?

heretoday
12-08-2018, 06:39 PM
Scotland has some terrible football broadcasters.
It was ever so. Pros like Mountford and Crampsey don't grow on trees.

Billy Whizz
12-08-2018, 06:43 PM
Livi's pitch is perhaps the worst I've seen.

Would be funny if Killie complained about it

cleanyman
12-08-2018, 06:48 PM
Scotland has some terrible football broadcasters.
It was ever so. Pros like Mountford and Crampsey don't grow on trees.

Mountford would send you to sleep.

Dalianwanda
12-08-2018, 06:52 PM
Mountford would send you to sleep.

He was never really a commentator more a host was he not? Saying that i still have the Scotland v Iceland?? game as a reminder he was a man of few words 😜

Wee Effen Bee
12-08-2018, 06:53 PM
[QUOTE=cleanyman;5512347]Mountford would send you to sleep.[/QUOTE
It was Arthur Montford. Championed the phrases: ‘He really biffed it!’ and ‘’Stramash!’ 😬

cleanyman
12-08-2018, 06:55 PM
Also, judging early on...how bad are Dundee and Motherwell?

Both have pitiful forwards.

silverhibee
12-08-2018, 09:03 PM
The SPFL need to have a serious word with Livi regarding that pitch, just watch the players that get injured on that, what a f***ing embarrassment for Scottish football.

BILLYHIBS
13-08-2018, 07:33 AM
[QUOTE=cleanyman;5512347]Mountford would send you to sleep.[/QUOTE
It was Arthur Montford. Championed the phrases: ‘He really biffed it!’ and ‘’Stramash!’ ��
Sensation!

Up go the heads!

Shot comes in. GOAL HIBS!

How can anyone say that is boring?

Come on Denis! Unbiased commentary Scotland v Czechoslovakia

Or my all time favourite David Francey:

Its a drive ..... goal for Dundee ALBERT KIDD has scoooorrrreedddd!!!!

Happy memories :wink:

chrisski33
13-08-2018, 08:54 AM
Sportscene is terrible full stop along with open mikes and off the ball should be scrapped!

Northernhibee
13-08-2018, 09:04 AM
[QUOTE=Wee Effen Bee;5512358]
Come on Denis! Unbiased commentary Scotland v Czechoslovakia
:

I don’t hate the Scottish, just the biased media pundits. ABS ;)

BILLYHIBS
13-08-2018, 09:39 AM
[QUOTE=BILLYHIBS;5512763]

I don’t hate the Scottish, just the biased media pundits. ABS ;)
Agree! Wish I had one penny for every time an English commentator mentioned 1966 through all the failed attempts I would not be here typing away like a mad Hibby on dotnet I would be in the Caribbean with a blonde on each arm smoking a big ceegar!

:cb

cleanyman
13-08-2018, 11:20 AM
Sportscene is terrible full stop along with open mikes and off the ball should be scrapped!

Its not really

JimBHibees
13-08-2018, 11:59 AM

I quite like Sportscene think stewart and thompson are good. Open all mikes totally agree with.

allezsauzee
13-08-2018, 12:01 PM
I think Sportscene is a good show. Michael Stewart and Steven Thompson are better than the pundits on Match of the day by a country mile. I do think they could improve the show further by showing some highlights goals from outside the Premiership.

LaMotta
13-08-2018, 12:47 PM

I think they are all excellent. Not really sure what people who complain about them expect from them to make them better tbh.

HibbyAndy
13-08-2018, 09:47 PM
I quite like Sportscene think stewart and thompson are good. Open all mikes totally agree with.

I agree , I don't mind the pair of them , Tell it how it pretty much is to be honest

Sir David Gray
13-08-2018, 09:52 PM
I don't think Sportscene is too bad to be honest. I think Michael Stewart is a great pundit and Steven Thompson isn't bad either. It's a huge improvement on Scotsport from about 10-12 years ago.

MagicSwirlingShip
13-08-2018, 10:01 PM
I don't think Sportscene is too bad to be honest. I think Michael Stewart is a great pundit and Steven Thompson isn't bad either. It's a huge improvement on Scotsport from about 10-12 years ago.

WTF was that about eh? Andy Walker and that pan faced bird. Awful

Sir David Gray
13-08-2018, 10:22 PM
WTF was that about eh? Andy Walker and that pan faced bird. Awful

Sarah O :faf:

One of the worst presenters I've ever seen in my life.

timebomb
14-08-2018, 07:22 AM
Sarah O :faf:

One of the worst presenters I've ever seen in my life.

To be fair, it did give us the glorious spectacle of Graham Speirs playing us out on the piano one week

patlowe
14-08-2018, 07:35 AM
To be fair, it did give us the glorious spectacle of Graham Speirs playing us out on the piano one week

What a relief to know that I didn't imagine that utterly bizarre spectacle!

Betty Boop
14-08-2018, 07:55 AM
Can t stand Michael Stewart and his (nobody's right except me) attitude.

JackHibs
14-08-2018, 08:24 AM
I think the pundits are good, I like Stewart and Thompson but the actual content in terms of highlights and analysis is poor.

Could do with it being a longer show to allow for more analysis and better highlights, the pundits on MOTD are crap but the highlights are longer and analysis more in depth.

O'Rourke3
14-08-2018, 09:06 AM
Presumably those that want rid of OAM never watch Sky/BT SportsBBC/Peter and Roughie sitting on a studio when someone watching a game on a video feed screams goal? Presumably watching your phone on Live score is more fun? Half the participants are mince but at least you get a live update. Since it's on the radio you can be doing other things same time. Can't always get to a game...

cleanyman
26-08-2018, 03:53 PM
On tonight 6 pm

cleanyman
26-08-2018, 05:23 PM
That was a stonewall penalty for Aberdeen yesterday

There was people saying yesterday Hanlon got the ball

Wit...

CMac1988
26-08-2018, 05:27 PM

Wit...

Yeah stone-waller. I'd say Boyle should have got a penalty in the 1st half though so tough cookies.

Dancehibs
26-08-2018, 05:29 PM
Yeah stone-waller. I'd say Boyle should have got a penalty in the 1st half though so tough cookies.
Agree. Also, last season up at Pittodrie boyler should have got a stonewaller

PatHead
26-08-2018, 05:31 PM
And Mackay Steven should have been sent off.

Dancehibs
26-08-2018, 05:36 PM
And Mackay Steven should have been sent off.
Not for me. Booking was fair

PatHead
26-08-2018, 05:36 PM
Not sure if that should have been a sending off for Killie

Spike Mandela
26-08-2018, 05:37 PM
I shouted to McInnes that his penalty claim was the clearest dive you'd ever see.....Oops.....he just laughed.

O'Rourke3
26-08-2018, 05:39 PM
At the game from our angle Paul goes in, ball moves, then player falls over. Looked like a great tackle. Slo mo and reruns show it should have been a pen. Didn't need a replay to see we should have had a pen when Consadine pushes Boyle off the ball in the box.

brog
26-08-2018, 05:44 PM
At the game from our angle Paul goes in, ball moves, then player falls over. Looked like a great tackle. Slo mo and reruns show it should have been a pen. Didn't need a replay to see we should have had a pen when Consadine pushes Boyle off the ball in the box.

Exactly, clear hand pushing MB in the back.

My_Wife_Camille
26-08-2018, 06:32 PM
On Hibs tv he clearly gets the ball
Was my opinion too but having seen the Sportscene highlights you can see it should have been a penalty.

It’s easy to see how the red has got it wrong, especially from his angle but it’s the wrong call nonetheless. What I don’t understand is how he never gave an Aberdeen corner

matty_f
26-08-2018, 06:41 PM
Was my opinion too but having seen the Sportscene highlights you can see it should have been a penalty.

It’s easy to see how the red has got it wrong, especially from his angle but it’s the wrong call nonetheless. What I don’t understand is how he never gave an Aberdeen corner

I don't think the ref thought that Hanlon took anything of the attacker.

Was May onside though? He looked a yard offside from where I was sitting, haven't watched the replay yet though.

I'm_cabbaged
26-08-2018, 06:44 PM

Will have to have a look. But if one angle shows he touches the ball, he’s touched the ball 😉

JimBHibees
26-08-2018, 06:47 PM

No chance

My_Wife_Camille
26-08-2018, 07:07 PM
Will have to have a look. But if one angle shows he touches the ball, he’s touched the ball 😉
I’ve not seen an angle on Hibs TV Or otherwise that shows him touch the ball. I’ve seen a few that certainly makes it look like it but if you see the angle from behind the goals on BBC’s Highlights you see the Aberdeen player touches the ball away before Hanlons foot is anywhere near

Was a very difficult one to get but imo we got a bit lucky in the end

Glory Lurker
26-08-2018, 07:21 PM
I’ve not seen an angle on Hibs TV Or otherwise that shows him touch the ball. I’ve seen a few that certainly makes it look like it but if you see the angle from behind the goals on BBC’s Highlights you see the Aberdeen player touches the ball away before Hanlons foot is anywhere near

Was a very difficult one to get but imo we got a bit lucky in the end

I thought it looked clear on Alba footage that Hanlon got it
I guess Sportscene would use same?

noz
26-08-2018, 07:44 PM
Albas coverage is pretty basic, Hanlons missed and caught the guy, stone waller. Camilles right.
Need to get a new telly mate! 🤤

Glory Lurker
26-08-2018, 07:47 PM
Albas coverage is pretty basic, Hanlons missed and caught the guy, stone waller. Camilles right.

Judging by how many posts disagree with me, you might be right!

Ringothedog
26-08-2018, 08:02 PM

Yeh nutting someone in the chin is okay. That cheating little runt should have been hung,drawn and quartered for his deliberate assault on Ryan Porteous

angus hibby
26-08-2018, 08:08 PM

Wit...

Agree but think the way Ferguson threw his hands in the air when falling didn’t do him any favours.

Iggy Pope
26-08-2018, 08:10 PM

Camilles wrong. Hanlon poked his foot in towards the ball, fellah dived into his foot. Never a penalty and the only decision Dallas got right all day. Had the perfect view from my position and without any gaelic gibberish in my ear either.

Inconsequential
26-08-2018, 08:16 PM
I thought it looked clear on Alba footage that Hanlon got it
I guess Sportscene would use same? I agree entirely the BBC ALBA replay clearly showed Paul Hanlon touched the ball and the commentators agreed! It was a blatant dive both spectacular and hilarious as I have already stated on the forum. Contrary to common belief BBC ALBA has excellent coverage of Scottish Football. Yesterday at half-time there was an interview with Steve Cowan which was interesting. Does anyone trust what BBC Scotland transmits anymore?

Inconsequential
26-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Camilles wrong. Hanlon poked his foot in towards the ball, fellah dived into his foot. Never a penalty and the only decision Dallas got right all day. Had the perfect view from my position and without any gaelic gibberish in my ear either. Indeed it was never a penalty in Gaelic (gibberish or no) or English!

Tornadoes70
26-08-2018, 08:30 PM
Not a penalty for me re Hanlon, the dons player made a meal of it. Certainly a case for GMS to be sent off but it was inconclusive for me that the contact was intentionally meant to hurt big Ryan.

The worst decision by far for me was the one against Killie in favour of the yams. Killie boss Clarke had every right to be outraged as that was never a sending off. Debatable whether it was even a foul. Collum did the yams a huge favour there and gave them a massive helping hand.

Roll on next week. Livi away I think and should be an opportunity to get all three points.

Feed McGraw
26-08-2018, 08:32 PM
Said at the match Paul got a toe on the ball although some around me disagreed - I`ve seen nothing on the highlights to change my mind.

Glory Lurker
26-08-2018, 08:40 PM
Camilles wrong.

I'd have expressed it as "Glory Lurker's right" myself, but there you go. :-)

My_Wife_Camille
26-08-2018, 08:41 PM
Camilles wrong. Hanlon poked his foot in towards the ball, fellah dived into his foot. Never a penalty and the only decision Dallas got right all day. Had the perfect view from my position and without any gaelic gibberish in my ear either.
The guy did not dive into his foot at all. His foot was planted before Hanlon made contact from the side of him

First pictures show the Aberdeen player making contact with ball ahead of Hanlon. Hanlons left foot is still in motion moving towards the ball at this point

The second picture shows Hanlon making contact with the player having missed the ball

I thought it was the right call at the time too and so I can absolutely see why you think it was but looking at the replays it’s definitely one we got away with. Still, they got away with one on Boyle which McInnes was strangely quiet about

RyeSloan
26-08-2018, 08:45 PM
Ach it was a pen all day long...Hanlon never touches the ball.

But Boylers was a pen as well...clear shove in the back.

Killie red was never a sending off either!

Finally how woeful did StMirren look in the ‘highlights’ of their game. Wow!

Jack Hackett
26-08-2018, 08:48 PM
Said at the match Paul got a toe on the ball although some around me disagreed - I`ve seen nothing on the highlights to change my mind.

Me neither. I see a clear change of direction for the ball after Hanlon toes it and before Ferguson stretches for it, regardless of what the commentator says... but then he hadn't watched it as many times as I have before he said it :greengrin

Edit

I've just had another go, and have to admit that having finally managed to stop frame at the right moment, at 2:31 in. Penalty!

Sylar
26-08-2018, 09:56 PM
I've been in no doubt for some time, but yesterday highlighted that Willie Collum is no longer fit to referee football at the top level.

Some of his decisions were absolutely honking, no more so than the red card for Dicker. Both Killie and Hearts can probably also feel aggrieved not to have been given a couple of penalties each too. Sadly, the only person who'll get in trouble will be Steve Clarke for calling out Collum after the game.

My_Wife_Camille
26-08-2018, 10:02 PM
Me neither. I see a clear change of direction for the ball after Hanlon toes it and before Ferguson stretches for it, regardless of what the commentator says... but then he hadn't watched it as many times as I have before he said it :greengrin

Edit

I've just had another go, and have to admit that having finally managed to stop frame at the right moment, at 2:31 in. Penalty!
Welcome to the dark side!

green day
27-08-2018, 08:28 AM
I have put the Hanlon / Ferguson incident on slo mo a few times this morning - the ball changes direction when Hanlon gets a touch, it was not a penalty, regardless if what Mikey Stewart and Thommo think.

He unquestionably played the ball first - why a corner not given I just put down to ***** officials.

cleanyman
27-08-2018, 08:43 AM
It was a penalty.

PatHead
27-08-2018, 08:47 AM
It was a penalty.

I think you will find it wasn’t as the referee never gave it!😂

hibsboy07
27-08-2018, 08:47 AM
If the Aberdeen player hadn't thrown his hands in the air theatricaly he might have got a penalty,but by doing that it looked a dive

danhibees1875
27-08-2018, 09:03 AM
The theatrics do him no favours. At the game, I thought it was a blatant dive and should have been a yellow. From the replay it looks like it was probably a penalty, but the way he throws his arms up and drops to the ground isn't consistent with a trip so I can see why the ref decided it wasn't a penalty.

JimBHibees
27-08-2018, 09:06 AM
The theatrics do him no favours. At the game, I thought it was a blatant dive and should have been a yellow. From the replay it looks like it was probably a penalty, but the way he throws his arms up and drops to the ground isn't consistent with a trip so I can see why the ref decided it wasn't a penalty.

Must be in the Ferguson genes. :greengrin

Jack Hackett
27-08-2018, 10:48 AM
Downloaded the SPFL vid on Youtube

The reason for the change of ball travel direction is because Ferguson hits the ball with the inside of his left foot a fraction before Paul gets there... between 1:00 and 1:01

Danderhall Hibs
27-08-2018, 11:56 AM
They didn’t discuss McGregor deliberately knew dropping Hartley yesterday - Craigan called it out in commentary but nothing mentioned on sportscene.

cleanyman
16-09-2018, 04:41 PM
On at 6 pm.

Looking forward to seeing this '50-50' challenge which led to a broken leg.

cleanyman
16-09-2018, 05:04 PM
What a stinking goal

hibsbollah
16-09-2018, 05:12 PM
Souttar=Rio Ferdinand apparently :faf:

cleanyman
16-09-2018, 05:12 PM
Had no idea what Michael Stewart was blethering on about there

cleanyman
16-09-2018, 05:15 PM
Dundee look woeful

We should stick 3 past this lot next week

PatHead
16-09-2018, 05:20 PM
Definitely was a foul on the Motherwell goalie at the Hearts goal.

Winston Ingram
16-09-2018, 05:21 PM
They’ve just said Kenny Miller’s was worthy of a straight red and Ikpeazu’s wasn’t ��

cleanyman
16-09-2018, 05:22 PM
Our pitch looks majestic

cleanyman
16-09-2018, 05:23 PM
They’ve just said Kenny Miller’s was a straight red and Ikpeazu’s wasn’t 🤔

I have no idea what MS was saying earlier when discussing the Hearts challenge

How can one be a red and another isn't?

He's talking pish

Ozyhibby
16-09-2018, 05:28 PM
Whittaker’s contribution to both Kilmarnock goals.[emoji35]

cleanyman
16-09-2018, 05:29 PM

What about Horgan and Stevenson?

Far too easy

where'stheslope
16-09-2018, 05:30 PM
I have no idea what MS was saying earlier when discussing the Hearts challenge

How can one be a red and another isn't?

He's talking pish

Now saying ours was not a pen, and theirs was????

SaulGoodman
16-09-2018, 05:32 PM
Did Killie win that game?

CMac1988
16-09-2018, 05:33 PM

Yet folk were telling us he was good 1st half and had nothing to do with both their goals...

As I said yesterday Stevenson and Horgan have a lot to answer for but our midfield need to do more also. We struggle to wind second balls and it's becoming far too easy for teams to play through the centre of the park.

bigwheel
16-09-2018, 05:33 PM

Far too easy

Doesn’t fit the “boo boy” agenda that ..some people only want to focus on Whittaker...

matty_f
16-09-2018, 05:35 PM
Yet folk were telling us he was good 1st half and had nothing to do with both their goals...

As I said yesterday Stevenson and Horgan have a lot to answer for but our midfield need to do more also. We struggle to wind second balls and it's becoming far too easy for teams to play through the centre of the park.

He was good. He was the only midfielder taking anything like the amount of responsibility needed.

we are hibs
16-09-2018, 05:40 PM
Steven Thompson is a moron.

CMac1988
16-09-2018, 05:40 PM
He was good. He was the only midfielder taking anything like the amount of responsibility needed.

That's fair. Again I did mention yesterday that he was at least making an effort. He's just miles off the pace. Hyndman for me he was the worst player on the park and I've already mentioned that I expect more from Mallan when we don't have the ball. Perhaps hyper critical but we need to nip these goals from nothing in the bud whomever the blame.

Ignoring the negative aspects our forward play was really good. Movement and passing is much more clinical and the decision making of our players in regards to making the right pass etc. is a joy to watch.

JimBHibees
16-09-2018, 05:41 PM

Other more at fault particularly Lewis and Efe.

Allant1981
16-09-2018, 05:47 PM

you are getting boring now, stevenson is more to blame for letting his player get past and get the cross in than whittaker, but that wont suit though will it

Blaster
16-09-2018, 05:49 PM
you are getting boring now, stevenson is more to blame for letting his player get past and get the cross in than whittaker, but that wont suit though will it

It was Horgan was it not?

greenlex
16-09-2018, 05:51 PM

Far too easy
Not so sure about Stevenson but Horgan sleeping at the first as the boy sneaks by him and Efe could do better. Stevenson also did little wrong at the second. Got caught wrong side but recovered. Whittaker gets done by Stewart’s first touch. (Which was excellent). The finish was great.

Allant1981
16-09-2018, 05:51 PM

thought it was stevenson who let him go, i havent seen the highlights yet though

just seen the highlights and yip was horgan, but we will blame whittaker anyway

CMac1988
16-09-2018, 05:52 PM

Horgan lost his man after a simple one two.

Horgan and Stevenson just didn't seem to get it right yesterday. Neither were very sure of who was covering who and where they should be.

cleanyman
16-09-2018, 05:52 PM
Who is the new commentator

Ozyhibby
16-09-2018, 05:56 PM

I’m not claiming he was solely responsible, others are at fault but that kind of passive marking is what Whittaker does all game and it costs us regularly.
People giving him man of the match when he does that bemuses me.

Allant1981
16-09-2018, 05:58 PM
I’m not claiming he was solely responsible, others are at fault but that kind of passive marking is what Whittaker does all game and it costs us regularly.
People giving him man of the match when he does that bemuses me.

so by only naming whittaker in your post you werent just blaming him? i get it now

brianmc
16-09-2018, 06:00 PM

Far too easy

Shhhhhhhh 🤫 you're not allowed to criticise wee Lewis.
Whilst (Central midfielder) Whittaker should've done better there's no doubt the two wide left Hibs players were posted missing for both Killie goals.

Dunfyhibee
16-09-2018, 06:00 PM
Not so sure about Stevenson but Horgan sleeping at the first as the boy sneaks by him and Efe could do better. Stevenson also did little wrong at the second. Got caught wrong side but recovered. Whittaker gets done by Stewart’s first touch. (Which was excellent). The finish was great.

Spot on, Horgan sleeping and efe should try chuck himself in front of the coming shot

Ozyhibby
16-09-2018, 06:02 PM
so by only naming whittaker in your post you werent just blaming him? i get it now

I am focusing on a particular aspect of whittakers play. I don’t think he’s good enough to play for us.
The minute I think the same of Horgan or Stevenson, I’ll say it.
Do you really believe I have something personal against Whittaker? I’ve never even met him but I’m sure he’s a really nice bloke.

Danderhall Hibs
16-09-2018, 06:03 PM
Souttar=Rio Ferdinand apparently :faf:

Did you listen to all of what he said? You’ve picked a few words and put them together to make your post.

J-C
16-09-2018, 06:05 PM
thought it was stevenson who let him go, i havent seen the highlights yet though

just seen the highlights and yip was horgan, but we will blame whittaker anyway

Stevenson let him go as Horgan was behind him and it was his man to pick up

Danderhall Hibs
16-09-2018, 06:07 PM
I am focusing on a particular aspect of whittakers play. I don’t think he’s good enough to play for us.
The minute I think the same of Horgan or Stevenson, I’ll say it.
Do you really believe I have something personal against Whittaker? I’ve never even met him but I’m sure he’s a really nice bloke.

I don’t think it’s a personal thing I just think you’re that convinced you’re correct that you’re blinding yourself to “prove” your point.

I’ve read you saying you’re a coach yet all you can see are negatives and you can only focus on the contribution of one player - the one that you’ve made your mind up on. God help any laddie in your team that had (or you thought had) a bad game once - he’s no chance of turning your opinion of him round.

J-C
16-09-2018, 06:09 PM
Definitely not a pen for us, Whittaker got turned too easily for the 1st and was slow to react for the 2nd, Efe fouled near the end for a penalty to Killie. Too many individual errors still, got a wee bit lucky with the refs decisions by the looks of it.

bingo70
16-09-2018, 06:09 PM

I’m not sure where Stevenson was? I think for both goals the attack came down that side but he’s gone infield somewhere? Was he man marking someone or something?

Not really a criticism of him as these things happen, I never saw the highlights of the goals so it may be something obvious I missed at the time however it appeared to be a notable tactic of Killie.

IncredibleHibee
16-09-2018, 06:11 PM
Efe’s ‘tackle’ should have been a penalty. Too laid back as usual. Hopefully big Daz gets back to full match fitness soon. Glad to see Porteous getting starts though

Ozyhibby
16-09-2018, 06:14 PM
I’m not sure where Stevenson was? I think for both goals the attack came down that side but he’s gone infield somewhere? Was he man marking someone or something?

Not really a criticism of him as these things happen, I never saw the highlights of the goals so it may be something obvious I missed at the time however it appeared to be a notable tactic of Killie.

O’Donnell and Burke are both good players and were working Stevenson and Horgan hard.

Sir David Gray
16-09-2018, 06:15 PM
Just seen the highlights on my phone as I wasn't there yesterday due to being on holiday. How Ambrose's challenge didn't result in a penalty is astonishing.

Great free kick from Mallan and header from Gray. Penalty was very clinical from Kamberi.

Their first goal was poor from us defensively. Their second was a good strike.

Ozyhibby
16-09-2018, 06:16 PM
I don’t think it’s a personal thing I just think you’re that convinced you’re correct that you’re blinding yourself to “prove” your point.

I’ve read you saying you’re a coach yet all you can see are negatives and you can only focus on the contribution of one player - the one that you’ve made your mind up on. God help any laddie in your team that had (or you thought had) a bad game once - he’s no chance of turning your opinion of him round.

Kids football and professional football are completely different things.

Danderhall Hibs
16-09-2018, 06:19 PM
Kids football and professional football are completely different things.

Objectivity or judgement (or lack of) isn’t though.

Ozyhibby
16-09-2018, 06:22 PM
Objectivity or judgement (or lack of) isn’t though.

Should Whittaker have done better at both those goals yesterday? Yes or no?

Danderhall Hibs
16-09-2018, 06:24 PM

Not seen them back yet. At the game I thought we were struggling down the left hand side.

Will say when I watch the rest of sport scene but I reckon I’m likely to see more than one player “culpable”.

Leith Green
16-09-2018, 06:46 PM
A lot of folk now jumping on people who criticise whittakers performances , some calling them boo boys ...
At the end of the day if folk think his performances in the centre of midfield are okay then i would question their knowledge of the game.

He was okay in possession for about half an hour in the first half yesterday but generally he takes an age to set his body when taking possession, if pressed then he loses possession.. , and the rest was rubbish. He is so far off his man at times its unreal, he takes about a week to react to second ball and his general reading of play defensively is horrendous. I personally think he is a liability playing there and we will lose goals as a result.

Leith Green
16-09-2018, 06:50 PM
Not seen them back yet. At the game I thought we were struggling down the left hand side.

Will say when I watch the rest of sport scene but I reckon I’m likely to see more than one player “culpable”.

Im pretty sure it was the 2nd goal that i thought Lewis stevenson should have shielded the ball out of play for a goal kick but instead he opted to hook it back into play , not watched it on telly so not sure if im being harsh , but that was how i saw it at the time

Allant1981
16-09-2018, 06:52 PM

stevenson and horgan should have done better, whittaker got turned about 20 seconds before the goal

B.H.F.C
16-09-2018, 06:53 PM
A lot of folk now jumping on people who criticise whittakers performances , some calling them boo boys ...
At the end of the day if folk think his performances in the centre of midfield are okay then i would question their knowledge of the game.

He was okay in possession for about half an hour in the first half yesterday but generally he takes an age to set his body when taking possession, if pressed then he loses possession.. , and the rest was rubbish. He is so far off his man at times its unreal, he takes about a week to react to second ball and his general reading of play defensively is horrendous. I personally think he is a liability playing there and we will lose goals as a result.

Neil Lennon said he thought Whittaker had a good game. Are you questioning his knowledge of the game?

I don’t think Whittaker should be starting in the middle of the park and hope Milligan comes in and takes that position.

What annoys me is that he seems to be getting treated completely differently by an element of our support. Doesn’t really matter what is posted on here but I think it’s noticeable at games in terms of the reaction towards anything negative he does. You hear people moaning about him before a ball is even kicked and they are just waitig for that first mistake to jump on thereafter.

Allant1981
16-09-2018, 06:53 PM

his performance yesterday was ok, and ive watched and played football to a relatively high standard so my knowledge of the game is fine thanks

Borderhibbie76
16-09-2018, 06:59 PM
you are getting boring now, stevenson is more to blame for letting his player get past and get the cross in than whittaker, but that wont suit though will itExactly doesn't fit the boo boy culture mate...what about Efe daydreaming at the 1st goal...made it so easy for Brophy...not to mention the role both Horgan and Lewy played

Leith Green
16-09-2018, 07:03 PM
his performance yesterday was ok, and ive watched and played football to a relatively high standard so my knowledge of the game is fine thanks

Yeah but surely we are judging him on his performances so far this season not just yesterday. He isnt good enough in the position he is being played , he has had quite a few poor performances so far

bodhibs
16-09-2018, 07:06 PM
Our pitch looks majestic

Totally agree, fully compliant as well. I have a working background in fine turf sport pitches and it looks superb 👍

Leith Green
16-09-2018, 07:09 PM
Exactly doesn't fit the boo boy culture mate...what about Efe daydreaming at the 1st goal...made it so easy for Brophy...not to mention the role both Horgan and Lewy played

To say stevenson doesnt fit a boo boy culture is just ridiculous. He used to get a fair bit of stick not so long ago. Some of it justified and a lot of it over the top. His game has improved massively from then and he consistently performs , so it would be ridiculous to jump on him for having an off day. Whittaker had been poor in most of his games with a couple of games he had done okay.

Can i just add that I totally disagree with anybody dishing out stick or abuse at the games , they are just wallopers..

WoreTheGreen
16-09-2018, 07:11 PM
Totally agree, fully compliant as well. I have a working background in fine turf sport pitches and it looks superb 👍

Are you Lee Wallace

Leith Green
16-09-2018, 07:14 PM
Neil Lennon said he thought Whittaker had a good game. Are you questioning his knowledge of the game?

I don’t think Whittaker should be starting in the middle of the park and hope Milligan comes in and takes that position.

What annoys me is that he seems to be getting treated completely differently by an element of our support. Doesn’t really matter what is posted on here but I think it’s noticeable at games in terms of the reaction towards anything negative he does. You hear people moaning about him before a ball is even kicked and they are just waitig for that first mistake to jump on thereafter.

I ll say again , you are referring to one game yesterday but what about the other games he has played? Regarding lennons comments , Id question his man management if he came out and criticised him in the media.

bodhibs
16-09-2018, 07:16 PM
Are you Lee Wallace

No lol, but I know a geekish amount about grass, both recreational and also what makes a decent surface

bigwheel
16-09-2018, 07:18 PM
To say stevenson doesnt fit a boo boy culture is just ridiculous. He used to get a fair bit of stick not so long ago. Some of it justified and a lot of it over the top. His game has improved massively from then and he consistently performs , so it would be ridiculous to jump on him for having an off day. Whittaker had been poor in most of his games with a couple of games he had done okay.

Can i just add that I totally disagree with anybody dishing out stick or abuse at the games , they are just wallopers..

He’s not the current “boo boy” target though is he? Whittaker is..Any of his errors are being picked up and disproportionately commented on - on here and during games.

People are reacting because some are isolating Whittaker for criticism when actually, during the first half, he was largely left isolated in the holding midfield role, as his midfield colleagues were not tracking their runners..

Nobody minds constructive criticism, and no one is saying he is perfect - just that he was not the main person at fault. For example: People started by finding fault at his contribution, yet Horgan who let his man run passed him and get the assist in wasn’t being mentioned by them.. that’s why some people are defending him

Overall he had a decent game yesterday - that’s not my view - that’s Neil Lennon’s..I’ll take his opinion on it .

Danderhall Hibs
16-09-2018, 07:18 PM
He’s not the current “boo boy” target though is he? Whittaker is..Any if his errors are being picked up and disproportionately commented on - on here and during games.

People are reacting because some are isolating Whittaker for criticism when actually, during the first half, he was largely left isolated in the holding midfield role, as his midfield colleagues were not tracking their runners..

Nobody minds constructive criticism, and no one is saying he is perfect - just that he was not the main person at fault. For example: People started by finding fault at his contribution, yet Horgan who let his man run passed him and get the assist in wasn’t being mentioned by them.. that’s why some people are defending him

Overall he had a decent game yesterday - that’s not my view - that’s Neil Lennon’s..I’ll take his opinion on it .

:aok: spot on

B.H.F.C
16-09-2018, 07:22 PM
I ll say again , you are referring to one game yesterday but what about the other games he has played? Regarding lennons comments , Id question his man management if he came out and criticised him in the media.

He keeps playing him so I don’t think he’s singling him out just to be nice. He obviously thinks he’s doing all right. Which would leave you having to question his knowledge of the game based on your previous post?

FWIW he wouldn’t be in my team. But it doesn’t mean others, like Lennon, don’t have any knowledge of the game if they think he is doing all right.

Leith Green
16-09-2018, 07:27 PM
He keeps playing him so I don’t think he’s singling him out just to be nice. He obviously thinks he’s doing all right. Which would leave you having to question his knowledge of the game based on your previous post?

FWIW he wouldn’t be in my team. But it doesn’t mean others, like Lennon, don’t have any knowledge of the game if they think he is doing all right.

Or he is playing him there because he doesn’t have anybody else until milligan and bartley are match fit?

Leith Green
16-09-2018, 07:29 PM
He’s not the current “boo boy” target though is he? Whittaker is..Any of his errors are being picked up and disproportionately commented on - on here and during games.

Are you happy with whittakers performances overall this season?

Diclonius
16-09-2018, 07:30 PM
Their penalty shout was a stonewaller. Ours less clear cut but the right decision.

B.H.F.C
16-09-2018, 07:31 PM
Or he is playing him there because he doesn’t have anybody else until milligan and bartley are match fit?

He’s regularly played in front of Bartley plenty of times when he’s fit, even going back to a number of big games at the end of last season.

bigwheel
16-09-2018, 07:33 PM
Are you happy with whittakers performances overall this season?

that's not really what we are discussing.

But to answer - he had a poor start - I did note though during those games that he was often playing in positions that were not his preferred (left side of a 3 in one game)..Since he came on away in Greece (where he did well by the way)..he has done OK. He was decent yesterday and also did well against Aberdeen. He's not going to be a first pick is he? When Milligan gets up to speed. But he will do a decent shift and get enough game time over the season.

Leith Green
16-09-2018, 07:34 PM
He’s regularly played in front of Bartley plenty of times when he’s fit, even going back to a number of big games at the end of last season.

Yeah but the point being that he cant drop him cos he hasnt had anyone to bring in

B.H.F.C
16-09-2018, 07:38 PM
Yeah but the point being that he cant drop him cos he hasnt had anyone to bring in

There are other midfielders sitting on the bench. If Lennon really thought he was as bad as some on here do he wouldn’t be in the team. And he certainly wouldn’t be singling him out for praise after a game.

Leith Green
16-09-2018, 07:40 PM
that's not really what we are discussing.

But to answer - he had a poor start - I did note though during those games that he was often playing in positions that were not his preferred (left side of a 3 in one game)..Since he came on away in Greece (where he did well by the way)..he has done OK. He was decent yesterday and also did well against Aberdeen. He's not going to be a first pick is he? When Milligan gets up to speed. But he will do a decent shift and get enough game time over the season.

I agree with what your saying. I just think its harsh labelling his critics as boo boys. From what ive saw his performances have merited criticism. I ll say again , folk dishing out abuse at games are clowns. People who criticise his performances arent and it doesnt make them boo boys

Leith Green
16-09-2018, 07:41 PM
There are other midfielders sitting on the bench. If Lennon really thought he was as bad as some on here do he wouldn’t be in the team. And he certainly wouldn’t be singling him out for praise after a game.

We dont have any defensive midfielders though do we

B.H.F.C
16-09-2018, 07:45 PM

We’ve largely played with 3 at the back so could easily have played without a holding midfielder if we’d wanted to. Lennon has shown plenty times that he’ll play Whittaker through choice rather than nesessity.

Golden Bear
16-09-2018, 07:45 PM

I'm sure big Efe could do a job in there!

bigwheel
16-09-2018, 07:46 PM
I agree with what your saying. I just think its harsh labelling his critics as boo boys. From what ive saw his performances have merited criticism. I ll say again , folk dishing out abuse at games are clowns. People who criticise his performances arent and it doesnt make them boo boys

Fair enough, but at games, and on here, any mistake he is making is getting moaned at or criticised more than others. He is currently the one being "picked on"more than others. That to me is "boo boy" behaviour. Constructive criticism is interesting and fair game..when it is unfair, it is reasonable to call it out too..

Borderhibbie76
16-09-2018, 07:57 PM
Spot on mate well said

The Pointer
16-09-2018, 08:04 PM
We got lucky yesterday, of that there's no dispute, but come Monday morning each of the players will be handed some footage (is it a memory stick these days?) showing their own performance, which they will then go over and work on how to cut out their errors.

Obviously I'll take the three points but I'd rather it didn't depend on Maclaren cutely sticking his foot where it shouldn't have been.

blackpoolhibs
16-09-2018, 08:20 PM
We got lucky yesterday, of that there's no dispute, but come Monday morning each of the players will be handed some footage (is it a memory stick these days?) showing their own performance, which they will then go over and work on how to cut out their errors.

Obviously I'll take the three points but I'd rather it didn't depend on Maclaren cutely sticking his foot where it shouldn't have been.

:faf::faf:

Why should his feet not have been there?

NadeAteMyLunch!
16-09-2018, 08:52 PM

Spot on. It’s pathetic from a section of our support at the moment. Clowns behind me yesterday were desperate for him to make a mistake yet were absolutely silent anytime he made a good pass or did anything positive [emoji42]

cmcd
16-09-2018, 08:56 PM

We got lucky yesterday but evend out by them getting lucky at Rugby Park last season.I didn't hear there manager complaining then

cabbageandribs1875
16-09-2018, 08:59 PM
[QUOTE=The Pointer;5552056]We got lucky yesterday, of that there's no dispute, but come Monday morning each of the players will be handed some footage (is it a memory stick these days?) showing their own performance, which they will then go over and work on how to cut out their errors.

Obviously I'll take the three points but I'd rather it didn't depend on Maclaren cutely sticking his foot where it shouldn't have been

broadfoot swiped the back leg away from McLaren...FACT etc

Smartie
16-09-2018, 09:00 PM

Were we lucky?

McLaren did what he was on there to do. We edged a close game against a good side by 1 goal.

It was hardly daylight robbery.

Lennon used what he had available effectively.

Winston Ingram
16-09-2018, 09:19 PM
Efe’s ‘tackle’ should have been a penalty. Too laid back as usual. Hopefully big Daz gets back to full match fitness soon. Glad to see Porteous getting starts though

I thought Efe finally managed to get through a game without a calamitous **** up. After watching the highlights, he literally just let Brophy have a free shot for the 1st and then got away with a trademark brain fart challenge on Broadfoot at the end.

lapsedhibee
16-09-2018, 09:58 PM
Their penalty shout was a stonewaller.
Not so sure. "Caught him on the ankle" but Broadfoot went down holding his head.

Sammy7nil
16-09-2018, 10:47 PM
Not so sure. "Caught him on the ankle" but Broadfoot went down holding his head.

If he caught him on the ankle and he went down holding his baws it is still a penalty:agree:

Borderhibbie76
17-09-2018, 06:52 AM
I thought Efe finally managed to get through a game without a calamitous **** up. After watching the highlights, he literally just let Brophy have a free shot for the 1st and then got away with a trademark brain fart challenge on Broadfoot at the end.Yup once again 2 calamitous errors...lucky for him his names not Steven Whittaker so a section of our support could start booing him when he gets subbed. Efe makes these mistakes on a weekly basis and it's really got to stop...

Leith Green
17-09-2018, 07:13 AM
Yup once again 2 calamitous errors...lucky for him his names not Steven Whittaker so a section of our support could start booing him when he gets subbed. Efe makes these mistakes on a weekly basis and it's really got to stop...

I just watched the highlights on tv .. He just lets their guy score the first unchallenged. Poor defending from him , his challange on Broadfoot was poor as well. He has been ropey so far this season

lapsedhibee
17-09-2018, 07:15 AM
If he caught him on the ankle and he went down holding his baws it is still a penalty:agree:
Indeed, but the fact he was holding his head made me wonder whether he really was caught on the ankle, or just decided he wanted his team to have a penalty.

Borderhibbie76
17-09-2018, 07:35 AM
I just watched the highlights on tv .. He just lets their guy score the first unchallenged. Poor defending from him , his challange on Broadfoot was poor as well. He has been ropey so far this seasonHe sure has mate...the cynic in me us saying he wanted away and is gutted it never happened before the window closed. I'm pretty certain he will be away in Jan but let's hope he finds some form before then. Couldn't believe what I read on match day thread on Sat - some saying he strolled the game??

makaveli1875
17-09-2018, 08:14 AM

Theres several players getting slaughtered by the boo boys and hibs.net analysts . Hyndman , Slivka , Ambrose , Swanson before he left . Even Mallan our top scorer has attracted a few cracking comments about going missing etc on here .

BILLYHIBS
17-09-2018, 09:14 AM
Did not think Potter was looking well when interviewed.

Get well soon Craig

where'stheslope
17-09-2018, 02:55 PM
I thought Efe finally managed to get through a game without a calamitous **** up. After watching the highlights, he literally just let Brophy have a free shot for the 1st and then got away with a trademark brain fart challenge on Broadfoot at the end.
I think that is why Celtic let him go in the first place, he always has had the errors in him, but at Celtic the could afford it, as their strikers always baled them out!
Unfortunately, at Hibernian we need solid defenders who cut mistakes to a minimum, and not make them in every game!
He is a great player on form, but when he makes a mistake it usually ends up a tragedy, as his kick at Broadfoot nearly proved!!!

Billy Whizz
17-09-2018, 03:42 PM
Noticed during the St Johnstone v Aberdeen game, that all the Dons fans were in the Ormond Stand, rather than the opposite stand that we got where the new road is.

weecounty hibby
17-09-2018, 06:25 PM
Noticed during the St Johnstone v Aberdeen game, that all the Dons fans were in the Ormond Stand, rather than the opposite stand that we got where the new road is.

Burst pipes at the usual end. Heard it on the radio on Saturday morning

CentreLine
17-09-2018, 09:08 PM
In all the discussion about the validity of the hearts goal I was a little surprised there no mention of the contact made by Naismith on the Motherwell keeper as he took the ball round him to score.

G B Young
18-09-2018, 09:14 AM
What always irritates me about Sportscene is the 'commentary' dubbed on after the match. Why not just have a voiceover summarising the action like they used to do?

BILLYHIBS
18-09-2018, 09:42 AM
If the Hearts goal was HIBS I would be shouting for it. The big centreforward goes in hard in a 50/50 on the goalie and Naismith walks round the goalie 1-0

JimBHibees
18-09-2018, 10:08 AM
Anyone not surprised no discussion over Rangers appearing to get a penalty when tackle outside the box. On another thing the frankly incredible situation of one of the major clubs being able to ban one of the main broadcasters for football in Scotland for both radio and tv without any sort of admonishment is shameful.

JimBHibees
18-09-2018, 10:09 AM
If the Hearts goal was HIBS I would be shouting for it. The big centreforward goes in hard in a 50/50 on the goalie and Naismith walks round the goalie 1-0

Agree wasnt obvious on first showing but very clear foul when slowed down.

Danderhall Hibs
18-09-2018, 10:20 AM
Anyone not surprised no discussion over Rangers appearing to get a penalty when tackle outside the box. On another thing the frankly incredible situation of one of the major clubs being able to ban one of the main broadcasters for football in Scotland for both radio and tv without any sort of admonishment is shameful.

The BBC are boycotting Ibrox due to Rangers banning one of their journalists. Good on them for sticking up for their people.

JimBHibees
18-09-2018, 10:23 AM
The BBC are boycotting Ibrox due to Rangers banning one of their journalists. Good on them for sticking up for their people.

Ok didnt realise that thought it was the other way round. They still show live games from Ibrox in the cups dont they?

Danderhall Hibs
18-09-2018, 02:29 PM
Ok didnt realise that thought it was the other way round. They still show live games from Ibrox in the cups dont they?

Don’t think so.

SirDavidsNapper
18-09-2018, 02:58 PM
What always irritates me about Sportscene is the 'commentary' dubbed on after the match. Why not just have a voiceover summarising the action like they used to do?

Amazes me how the dubbed over commentary is still awfull even when they know whats coming

The_Horde
18-09-2018, 03:02 PM
I just watched the highlights on tv .. He just lets their guy score the first unchallenged. Poor defending from him , his challange on Broadfoot was poor as well. He has been ropey so far this season

It's not the lack of challenge it's letting the guy in front of him far too easily. Schoolboy stuff!

I'd have him out of the side as soon as Mcgregor's fit again. Get us some clean sheets under our belts and then maybe we can build more from there.

Geo_1875
18-09-2018, 03:04 PM

Could be a case for striker being out of control in the tackle. You don't injure the keeper if it's a fair challenge

The_Horde
18-09-2018, 03:05 PM

Are hibs in capitals because we're from it?

Be interesting to see that incident close up and in slow motion.. it all happens so fast it's hard to tell if it is or not.

BILLYHIBS
18-09-2018, 04:09 PM
Are hibs in capitals because we're from it?

Be interesting to see that incident close up and in slow motion.. it all happens so fast it's hard to tell if it is or not.
Dunno every time I type HIBS it goes in caps.

See what I mean?

Stephen Robinson the Motherwell Manager does not blame Bobby Madden for awarding the goal source: Daily Ranger.

So must be a goal

OK it is recorded as a goal

Over zealous challenge by Hearts number 9 went in hard on goalie done his ligaments but if I was a Motherwell fan looking for blame look at the pass back hoaspital ba!

BILLYHIBS
18-09-2018, 04:14 PM
Could be a case for striker being out of control in the tackle. You don't injure the keeper if it's a fair challenge
Accept that!

The guy is a handful and was entitled to go for that ball.

The passback caused the problem

BoomtownHibees
18-09-2018, 04:43 PM

Players get injured in 50/50 challenges every week that don’t result in fouls

Geo_1875
18-09-2018, 05:25 PM
Players get injured in 50/50 challenges every week that don’t result in fouls

Agreed, but referees regularly give fouls, and cards, against players who win the ball but make contact with their opponent on the follow through.

Ozyhibby
19-09-2018, 01:45 PM
https://twitter.com/footballstewart/status/1042080989080694784?s=21

This all happened in the first half where apparently Whittaker was excellent. [emoji23]

Allant1981
19-09-2018, 01:54 PM

This all happened in the first half where apparently Whittaker was excellent. [emoji23]

you really are sounding pathetic now

JimBHibees
19-09-2018, 02:03 PM

This isnt your account is it. :greengrin

What sad sack edits negative bits about a player to try and prove a point cant be a Hibs fan that boy.

JimBHibees
19-09-2018, 02:05 PM

He didnt connect with ball so it wasnt a fair challenge.

Ozyhibby
19-09-2018, 02:27 PM
This isnt your account is it. :greengrin

What sad sack edits negative bits about a player to try and prove a point cant be a Hibs fan that boy.

It’s a football analysis account that specialises on the spfl.

Ozyhibby
19-09-2018, 02:31 PM
you really are sounding pathetic now

I’m just challenging your opinion that Whittaker had a good game and done nothing wrong on Saturday. That’s what message boards are for.

Smartie
19-09-2018, 02:51 PM
I’m just challenging your opinion that Whittaker had a good game and done nothing wrong on Saturday. That’s what message boards are for.

I'm not sure if anyone is saying he did nothing wrong.

You could just as easily have put up 3 of the things he did very well on Saturday, well you could do that a lot more easily as he did a lot more than 3 things very well.

Of those 3, yes they aren't great, but I wouldn't say they are all that bad either. The third one is the worst, because he gets suckered in and well-beaten by a good player whose Achilles heel is his pace on his stronger foot. A defensive midfielder should not be allowing that to happen.

You've got to take the rough with the smooth. You could go back through McGinn or McGeouch's performances and find plenty of similar instances. It doesn't mean they are bad players or were having a bad game at the time.

Moulin Yarns
19-09-2018, 03:07 PM

I just wish their boycott was total. They still report from Ibrox, or at least someone watching the game on a dodgy feed on the internet reports on games. If they mean a boycott then there should be no BBC reports from Ibrox at all. IMHO

Ozyhibby
19-09-2018, 03:10 PM
I'm not sure if anyone is saying he did nothing wrong.

You could just as easily have put up 3 of the things he did very well on Saturday, well you could do that a lot more easily as he did a lot more than 3 things very well.

Of those 3, yes they aren't great, but I wouldn't say they are all that bad either. The third one is the worst, because he gets suckered in and well-beaten by a good player whose Achilles heel is his pace on his stronger foot. A defensive midfielder should not be allowing that to happen.

You've got to take the rough with the smooth. You could go back through McGinn or McGeouch's performances and find plenty of similar instances. It doesn't mean they are bad players or were having a bad game at the time.

My point with Whittaker is that he marks players passively like this every single game.
I actually think the first one is the worst. He starts of touch tight but then decides to let the guy turn a full 180° to get the pass down the wing.

HIBERNIAN-0762
19-09-2018, 04:21 PM
Yam goal should never had stood IMO a clear foul on the goalie, had it been the other way round Potter would be doing his nut.

Allant1981
19-09-2018, 05:24 PM

dont think anyone suggested he done nothing wrong, you could put something up like that for every single player involved in that passage of play but you chose whittaker again, as i said earlier you really sound pathetic

Ozyhibby
19-09-2018, 05:28 PM
dont think anyone suggested he done nothing wrong, you could put something up like that for every single player involved in that passage of play but you chose whittaker again, as i said earlier you really sound pathetic

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180919/68641b700f043b2c2b10e623a124048e.png

Mmmmmmm.......[emoji848]

Allant1981
19-09-2018, 05:31 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180919/68641b700f043b2c2b10e623a124048e.png

Mmmmmmm.......[emoji848]

you are one sad individual, i take it back then as i dont think he was at fault for their goal

Ozyhibby
19-09-2018, 05:42 PM
you are one sad individual, i take it back then as i dont think he was at fault for their goal

Fair enough, if you think he done ok there then that’s fine.

Allant1981
19-09-2018, 05:43 PM
Fair enough, if you think he done ok there then that’s fine.

im bowing out of this now

where'stheslope
19-09-2018, 06:10 PM
I see Carson's injury is only bruising, so all the posturing was a storm in a teacup!!!

But I think it will come back to bite the Hertz, every club they have played this season has moaned about something in the game to change it in their favour!!!

Sooner or later, a ref will take pity on the other team, and maybe give something against them???

We all live in hope!!!!

PatHead
19-09-2018, 08:18 PM
I see Carson's injury is only bruising, so all the posturing was a storm in a teacup!!!

But I think it will come back to bite the Hertz, every club they have played this season has moaned about something in the game to change it in their favour!!!

Sooner or later, a ref will take pity on the other team, and maybe give something against them???

We all live in hope!!!!
When do they pay the Rangers?

Sir David Gray
19-09-2018, 08:21 PM

7th October.

Danderhall Hibs
19-09-2018, 08:27 PM

I bet they bump them. Onto the creditors list beside the rest.

PatHead
19-09-2018, 08:27 PM
7th October.
That is when their luck will run out then.

cleanyman
23-09-2018, 04:03 PM
On at 6 pm

we are hibs
23-09-2018, 04:07 PM
On at 6 pm

Should be great to hear some expert analysis from Steven Thompson who said in an article the other day he doesn't even like football and doesn't watch games at home. Embarrassing some of the morons and dinosaurs employed to cover Scottish football on the BBC

cleanyman
23-09-2018, 04:58 PM
Killie on first I imagine

hibsbollah
23-09-2018, 05:03 PM
Jamie Macdonald is some keeper.

cleanyman
23-09-2018, 05:06 PM
Gordon wearing tights

The second goal

Rodgers admitting Celtic fans should be alarmed

Soft all over

SirDavidsNapper
23-09-2018, 05:10 PM
Gordon wearing tights

The second goal

Soft all over

I'd be worried if i were a Celtic fan. Thankfully i had a decent upbringing

cleanyman
23-09-2018, 05:11 PM
Here come the Hibees

hibsbollah
23-09-2018, 05:19 PM
Gordon wearing tights

The second goal

Soft all over

Killie should have had a pen at the goal too, rugby tackled the boy.

NORTHERNHIBBY
23-09-2018, 05:25 PM
That Hearts penalty was a wee bit soft maybe?

cleanyman
23-09-2018, 05:25 PM
The Hearts penalty was a dive

Booooooooooo

Mr_F
23-09-2018, 05:26 PM
Diving cheating ****s as ever

matty_f
23-09-2018, 05:26 PM
Was never a penalty, good save by the keeper and justice done.

Booked4Being-Ugly
23-09-2018, 05:30 PM
Our penalty last week was a stonewaller compared to that, diving ****s.

Hibernian Verse
23-09-2018, 05:32 PM
Here come the HibeesHave I missed us?

Billy Whizz
23-09-2018, 05:33 PM
Have I missed us?

Go onto iplayer, and restart the show

green day
23-09-2018, 05:35 PM
Thought Hearts looked a bit "meh".

Nothing to worry about there and Livi showed that standing up to them in midfield makes a massive difference.

Jones28
23-09-2018, 05:36 PM
That Accies pen was a howler

hibsbollah
23-09-2018, 05:38 PM
They look like Hertz. Bash punt batter. They'll finish 5th.

cleanyman
23-09-2018, 05:43 PM
Aberdeen were lucky to get the win here

Ref was also *****

heretoday
23-09-2018, 06:15 PM
Should be great to hear some expert analysis from Steven Thompson who said in an article the other day he doesn't even like football and doesn't watch games at home. Embarrassing some of the morons and dinosaurs employed to cover Scottish football on the BBC

I couldn't agree more. We'd be better off with just commentaries, reports and scores like in the 60s. Sod the analysis.

Danderhall Hibs
23-09-2018, 09:59 PM

Strange one that - I read it as well. I like him and Stewart but surprised he doesn’t like football.

ancient hibee
23-09-2018, 10:27 PM
Strange one that - I read it as well. I like him and Stewart but surprised he doesn’t like football.
Denis Law has hardly been at a game since he retired.

BoomtownHibees
23-09-2018, 10:38 PM

And you don’t see him on MOTD attempting to be a pundit

hibsbollah
24-09-2018, 07:11 AM

Sauzee neither.

It makes absolute sense to want to do something else when you retire. People who talk about sport for the entirety of their lives are probably missing out on something.

HIBERNIAN-0762
24-09-2018, 07:15 AM
Just watched the yam game on catch up,what a joke that penalty was and the ref just couldn't wait to give it.

Peevemor
24-09-2018, 07:19 AM
Sauzee neither.

It makes absolute sense to want to do something else when you retire. People who talk about sport for the entirety of their lives are probably missing out on something.

The summer after he left Edinburgh (2002) Sauzee started working for Canal+ and was a regular pundit for various companies/programmes up until a year or two ago.

DH1875
24-09-2018, 07:32 AM
The summer after he left Edinburgh (2002) Sauzee started working for Canal+ and was a regular pundit for various companies/programmes up until a year or two ago.

:agree: Pretty sure he was also the French commentator on the Fifa games as well.

hibsbollah
24-09-2018, 08:03 AM

That's true actually, although I think it was at least 5-10 years ago, and it wasn't particularly regular. I haven't seen him on French TV for a long time.

heretoday
24-09-2018, 08:31 AM

Maybees naw but he did work as a presenter on Granada TV's The Big Match from the early 80s. Sometimes they rerun them on ITV4.

And it was proper work too as we saw the Lawman reading out results and introducing highlights. No analysis or oafish banter were involved. His colleagues were Elton Welsby and Jim Rosenthal.