PDA

View Full Version : Has the Happy Hibee prize amount been reduced??

The Green Goblin
06-08-2018, 08:37 AM
Last couple of games (yesterday and Asteras) were pretty much sold out, but I noticed that the prize fund for the half time draw was noticeably less than it normally is. With a crowd of £17k+ yesterday, the cash amount was only £705. I am fairly certain that Cat A games (including derbies) prize funds are usually well over £1k in the recent past. A few years back, I was lucky enough to win it and got £960 in a game against the sheep which hadn’t even close to sold out.

So have Hibs reduced the cash percentage? Or are people just not buying tickets for the draw as much? Or a bit of both?

Billy Whizz
06-08-2018, 08:40 AM
Last couple of games (yesterday and Asteras) were pretty much sold out, but I noticed that the prize fund for the half time draw was noticeably less than it normally is. With a crowd of £17k+ yesterday, the cash amount was only £705. I am fairly certain that Cat A games (including derbies) prize funds are usually well over £1k in the recent past. A few years back, I was lucky enough to win it and got £960 in a game against the sheep which hadn’t even close to sold out.

So have Hibs reduced the cash percentage? Or are people just not buying tickets for the draw as much? Or a bit of both?

Must be ticket sales are down I’d have thought
Can’t remember seeing anyone selling them on match days. I sit in the East, maybe have better coverage in other areas of the stadium

.Sean.
06-08-2018, 08:40 AM
I stopped buying tickets as there was a fee occasssions last season I couldnt find the numbers anywhere online.

GloryGlory
06-08-2018, 08:47 AM
Must be ticket sales are down I’d have thought
Can’t remember seeing anyone selling them on match days. I sit in the East, maybe have better coverage in other areas of the stadium

The entrance that I use at the West Stand hasn't had anyone selling tickets this season, otherwise I would have bought one.

Oscar T Grouch
06-08-2018, 08:52 AM
I’ve not seen the sellers for a while until yesterday. Think a few stalls around the stands are a better idea. Trying to find them in a crowded stand means people miss out buying them.

CockneyRebel
06-08-2018, 09:21 AM
The entrance that I use at the West Stand hasn't had anyone selling tickets this season, otherwise I would have bought one.

The ticket seller's appearances are very hit and miss but I would buy one at every game if I could find one. The sellers are, I believe, unpaid volunteers so maybe not the club's fault. I couldn't be arsed doing that job so I can't complain if nobody else could.

banchoryhibs
06-08-2018, 09:55 AM
No ticket sellers in the West Upper gate / concourse that I use. I would have bought tickets if there had been.

hibbysam
06-08-2018, 09:58 AM
Why did we move away from the youth team sellers? Always remember that being part of their jobs, some done kit, some done boots, others done the happy hibby. Now we have a bunch of really small kids and a parent or helper and you barely recognise them. Previously the youth team (17/19s) has their tracksuit on so easily recognisable.

Brightside
06-08-2018, 10:12 AM
Why did we move away from the youth team sellers? Always remember that being part of their jobs, some done kit, some done boots, others done the happy hibby. Now we have a bunch of really small kids and a parent or helper and you barely recognise them. Previously the youth team (17/19s) has their tracksuit on so easily recognisable.

The "small kids" are all part of the community club setup. Be that the girls team or others. They should all have Hibs bibs on and clearly distinguishable. It may well be that they just have too many people on holiday at the moment. But they should have people at every entrance as you come through the turnstiles.

The Green Goblin
06-08-2018, 11:21 AM
The "small kids" are all part of the community club setup. Be that the girls team or others. They should all have Hibs bibs on and clearly distinguishable. It may well be that they just have too many people on holiday at the moment. But they should have people at every entrance as you come through the turnstiles.

That used to be the case, but last few games there’s been nobody there, at least at Gates 9-12 West Stand. At the end of last season there were sometimes people at the top of the stairs, but as others have said it can be a bit hit and miss. Ticket sales not being accessible to people might explain the lower prize amount, if folk are unable to buy them, rather than “unwilling”.

Hermit Crab
06-08-2018, 11:26 AM

I went in at 14:50 and there was no sellers to be seen at the bottom of the stairwell in West Lower or on the concourse in the West Upper. Their loss I guess.

Billy Whizz
06-08-2018, 11:26 AM
That used to be the case, but last few games there’s been nobody there, at least at Gates 9-12 West Stand. At the end of last season there were sometimes people at the top of the stairs, but as others have said it can be a bit hit and miss. Ticket sales not being accessible to people might explain the lower prize amount, if folk are unable to buy them, rather than “unwilling”.

I’m sure Hibs are aware of this. I’ll raise it with someone tonight

The Green Goblin
06-08-2018, 11:28 AM

Thanks a lot! 👍

Hibeewilly
06-08-2018, 11:29 AM
I am in the East and haven't seen a seller there for a long time. Just wondering if this is something that could be set up online. No idea what the cost would be but I'm sure sales would increase....

Hibeewilly
06-08-2018, 11:31 AM
Could you raise the question of online sales too please Billy

The Green Goblin
06-08-2018, 11:32 AM
They should maybe consider having a fixed prize amount too? So, one x £1000 or alternatively two x £500 prizes. Billy, can you make that suggestion as well if possible??

PatHead
06-08-2018, 11:35 AM
It is something that has been discussed over the last few weeks. Work is in progress to increase sales including signage with sellers being in more prominent positions.

Kevin

Carheenlea
06-08-2018, 11:40 AM
I’ll always buy a ticket in West Upper if I see a seller, but would have been about 10 tickets bought last season due to the irregularities of sellers in attendance.

gogs_t
06-08-2018, 11:54 AM
I’ll always buy a ticket in West Upper if I see a seller, but would have been about 10 tickets bought last season due to the irregularities of sellers in attendance.

I'm the same in the West Upper and probably about the same number bought last season as couldn't see a seller on many occasions.

Not knocking the individuals in any way as they are all volunteers but with a bit more accessibility, more people will buy tickets.

Personally, I always thought the best place to sell tickets was on entry at the turnstiles. You couldn't miss them there.

Over the years I've always thought of the prize money being indicative of the crowd size and for larger games it was generally over £1000 but has definitely been lower over the last season or so which means less money going back into the club.

hibee
06-08-2018, 12:17 PM
I’ve always bought tickets at every game when they stood behind the turnstiles of the FF stand but now I struggle to find any sellers.

Occasionally last season there’s been a girl selling on the concourse upstairs but didn’t see anyone yesterday.

It’s a shame, if this was better organised like previous seasons we could be pushing £2k prize money with these crowds.

hibbybob
06-08-2018, 12:26 PM
I stopped buying tickets as there was a fee occasssions last season I couldnt find the numbers anywhere online.

Me too! I even emailed a couple of times regarding this but eventually gave up and stopped buying them.

danhibees1875
06-08-2018, 12:52 PM
I can't remember when I last seen someone sell tickets for this.

I've said before, but an official Hibs app with fixtures/official info that also doubled up as an online platform to buy/check HH tickets would improve sales (not sure if by enough to justify the financial outlay - but there would be other merits in the app I'm sure).

green&left
06-08-2018, 01:00 PM

I've said before, but an official Hibs app with fixtures/official info that also doubled up as an online platform to buy/check HH tickets would improve sales (not sure if by enough to justify the financial outlay - but there would be other merits in the app I'm sure).

Was looking to buy a few yesterday but no sellers to be seen in the East. Amd was like that for most of last seasonalso

hibee_girl
06-08-2018, 03:15 PM
Was looking to buy a few yesterday but no sellers to be seen in the East. Amd was like that for most of last seasonalso

Yep, my grandad likes to buy a ticket at every game but he’s not had one for a while as there’s never anyone selling them in the East when we get there.

bod
06-08-2018, 04:49 PM
the fact theres only 3 prizes puts me off buying

Hermit Crab
06-08-2018, 05:30 PM

Would be better if there was 3 cash prizes.

Cod Boy
06-08-2018, 07:27 PM
Would be a idea if they had people selling tickets outside the turnstiles.

Ged
06-08-2018, 07:45 PM
I stopped buying tickets when they split the proceeds and started giving half of it to the Hibernian Community Foundation. It should all go to youth development in my opinion.

calumhibee1
06-08-2018, 07:49 PM

Likewise. I actually wasn’t even sure if it was a thing anymore it’s been that long since I’ve seen someone.

gogs_t
06-08-2018, 07:49 PM

£1 a ticket and half goes back to the club. I don't actually think about the prizes to be honest. Although I was fortunate enough to win a signed strip back in the Collins, Makalambay days.

Billy Whizz
06-08-2018, 08:43 PM
Spoke to one of our fans directors at the match tonight about it. They said it will all be sorted for Thursday night, there will be signs in the ground showing you where to buy the tickets.
I don’t gamble, but I’ll have a look on Thursday, and report back what I see

gogs_t
10-08-2018, 12:09 PM
Still couldn't see a ticket seller in West Upper last night and as the prize money seemed quite low again, guess other parts of the ground were the same.

While it doesn't bring in a massive amount of money, I think the chances are that the Youth Academy (which I believe the money goes toward) could have lost out on a couple of grand last season and the same could happen this season.

Ralphy C
10-08-2018, 12:14 PM
Still couldn't see a ticket seller in West Upper last night and as the prize money seemed quite low again, guess other parts of the ground were the same.

While it doesn't bring in a massive amount of money, I think the chances are that the Youth Academy (which I believe the money goes toward) could have lost out on a couple of grand last season and the same could happen this season.

Lady at foot of stairs just after the turnstiles, anyone know the numbers? Cheers.

Pretty Boy
10-08-2018, 12:14 PM
There used to be sellers right at the turnstiles in the FF, that stopped about 3 or 4 years back. Then there were a few sellers in the upper concourse close to the doors leading to the seating. They disappeared a couple of seasons back. I can't actually remember the last time I saw someone selling tickets in the FF. I always bought one but can't now. That's can't rather than won't. It's a weekly moan from those sitting around me as well.

If there was new signage last night then a big group of us all completely missed it.

The Green Goblin
10-08-2018, 12:23 PM
There were sellers in West Upper, but again a situation where there was a big crowd of 16k+ but a surprisingly low corresponding prize fund of £699. There’s more important things of course, but I’m just curious to understand what’s happened.

gogs_t
10-08-2018, 12:54 PM
There were sellers in West Upper, but again a situation where there was a big crowd of 16k+ but a surprisingly low corresponding prize fund of £699. There’s more important things of course, but I’m just curious to understand what’s happened.

Couldn't see any at the West Upper (South Stand end) Was in 20 mins before KO and actually went looking.

As you say, there are more important things but feel the club is missing out. I've been buying them since they started the draw - even won a signed strip in the Collins, Ma-Kalambay days - and others about me have also commented when the draw is made at half time that they couldn't find a ticket seller.

However, it shows you how far we've come over the last few seasons that one of the few things we have to moan about is finding a Happy Hibee ticket seller :greengrin

Iggy Pope
10-08-2018, 12:59 PM
Don't know which Fans Rep you spoke to Billy, but he's fed you a line :greengrin

The wee lassie and her mum in the FF upper moves along the upper concourse from East to West doors and I think when her book (or books) are done then that must be her done.
It's certainly the case that you have to hunt for the seller rather than fall over one. 10 folks at the pie queue and she'll be gone from sight.
Definitely no signage and the bibs look to be a thing of the past too.

It's a great initiative and a very long-running one that must benefit the club and its community in areas that need it (certainly not for paying UEFA fines mind :wink:), but someone at the club has to grasp the running of this and sharpen it up.

And also - the prize kitty is on the way down while crowds are going up, so they plainly aren't selling enough. £600+ last night on the back of a big European gate? That's surely a whole lot of Happy Hibbies that aren't buying one.

The Green Goblin
10-08-2018, 01:18 PM
And also - the prize kitty is on the way down while crowds are going up, so they plainly aren't selling enough. £600+ last night on the back of a big European gate? That's surely a whole lot of Happy Hibbies that aren't buying one.

Yup, it’s this I don’t understand. If most of the recent games are selling out, but the prize fund is down, that’s a good chance for the club to benefit which isn’t being taken.

PatHead
10-08-2018, 01:21 PM
Couldn't see any at the West Upper (South Stand end) Was in 20 mins before KO and actually went looking.

As you say, there are more important things but feel the club is missing out. I've been buying them since they started the draw - even won a signed strip in the Collins, Ma-Kalambay days - and others about me have also commented when the draw is made at half time that they couldn't find a ticket seller.

However, it shows you how far we've come over the last few seasons that one of the few things we have to moan about is finding a Happy Hibee ticket seller :greengrin

There was one in the West upper south last night. Just at the top of the stairs by the ladies toilet. Anyone know the numbers?

Iggy Pope
10-08-2018, 01:29 PM
Yup, it’s this I don’t understand. If most of the recent games are selling out, but the prize fund is down, that’s a good chance for the club to benefit which isn’t being taken.

Less people selling less tickets is less prize money regardless of the crowd.

Maybe Hibs.net can get some campaign going to get young volunteers from within this community and some nice branded bibs or trackie tops? Didn't the site sponsor the Happy Hibby before?
Might've been a suggestion on the back of that last donation to the club, but that's for the folk in charge I suppose.

marinello59
10-08-2018, 01:37 PM

Maybe Hibs.net can get some campaign going to get young volunteers from within this community and some nice branded bibs or trackie tops? Didn't the site sponsor the Happy Hibby before?
Might've been a suggestion on the back of that last donation to the club, but that's for the folk in charge I suppose.

We did indeed sponsor it before and there were concerns being voiced then about the lack of people selling tickets. The club obviously did little to address those concerns.
The Hibs Supporters Club sponsors it now I think .

PatHead
10-08-2018, 01:47 PM

Hibs are aware the sales of Happy Hibby draws have gone backwards. There are things in hand to organise the sale of tickets better and increase sales. There are a few things that need to be looked into before it is finalised.

In the meantime there is signage being prepared for each of the stands. Sellers will stand under the signs. Hopefully this will lead to higher sales.

I will be really disappointed if the signs aren't in place for the next match.

The Green Goblin
10-08-2018, 02:27 PM
Hibs are aware the sales of Happy Hibby draws have gone backwards. There are things in hand to organise the sale of tickets better and increase sales. There are a few things that need to be looked into before it is finalised.

In the meantime there is signage being prepared for each of the stands. Sellers will stand under the signs. Hopefully this will lead to higher sales.

I will be really disappointed if the signs aren't in place for the next match.

Could tickets be bought online? It could be a purchase option when you buy your ticket? ST holders could log in and add tickets for games too. That way it would take the pressure off the sellers and you could also potentially have people buying tickets even if they were not able to attend the game.

gogs_t
10-08-2018, 02:44 PM
There was one in the West upper south last night. Just at the top of the stairs by the ladies toilet. Anyone know the numbers?

Hmm. Not when I passed. Must have been unfortunate timing!

The Harp
10-08-2018, 03:36 PM
I managed to get a ticket last night in the FF upper, but that's the first time in a while. There was no one at (what used to be the selling point again) inside the door at the top of the stairs, but there was a seller at the other staircase.
The club are missing out on quite a bit of cash by not having sufficient sellers imo. I think it worked better before when they were located just inside the turnstiles.

Borderhibbie76
10-08-2018, 04:53 PM
We have to go searching for sellers in the East every home game...not surprised less people are buying them...it's a nightmare trying to find the sellers

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
10-08-2018, 04:58 PM

1 or 2.

dp00
10-08-2018, 05:04 PM
Someone suggested using the bookies kiosks since they are not getting used this season ... seems like a good idea to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PatHead
10-08-2018, 05:06 PM
Someone suggested using the bookies kiosks since they are not getting used this season ... seems like a good idea to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think there are other plans for them. It has been discussed.

PatHead
10-08-2018, 05:08 PM
Could tickets be bought online? It could be a purchase option when you buy your ticket? ST holders could log in and add tickets for games too. That way it would take the pressure off the sellers and you could also potentially have people buying tickets even if they were not able to attend the game.

Has been discussed using alternative ways of selling tickets. It is being investigated as to the feasibility, any tax implications etc.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
10-08-2018, 05:10 PM
Haven't seen sellers in the FF for ages. Pity, as I used to buy a ticket every game.

Never won nowt tho :boo hoo:

theonlywayisup
10-08-2018, 05:20 PM
What we Thursday night's numbers?

H18S NX
10-08-2018, 05:58 PM
Never saw any sellers in the west upper ff end or last week.

brianmc
10-08-2018, 06:15 PM
What we Thursday night's numbers?

Cash: 71888
Strip: 73766
Ball: 71587

*Source:The Bounce.

hibby6270
10-08-2018, 06:44 PM
Never saw any sellers in the west upper ff end or last week.

The girl selling them last night in WU FF end was at the foot of the stairs just after you came in through the turnstiles. It was the same seller who is usually in that section.

Irish_Steve
10-08-2018, 06:51 PM
I`m in the Upper North Stand and always get a couple, in fact, for the Greek game, I was only four tickets off the cash prize - if only I had`nt gone to the loo first but that`s what happens to you once you are over 50 lol. The sellers are normally around the food kiosks too

PatHead
10-08-2018, 07:17 PM

Thanks for letting me know I haven't won again. :agree:

brianmc
10-08-2018, 07:31 PM
Thanks for letting me know I haven't won again. :agree:

🤭 me either.... Though I did manage to buy a ticket, 15 minutes before KO, in the middle of the East concourse immediately behind turnstile 40.
Same location I purchased a HH ticket before every home game last season.

O'Rourke3
10-08-2018, 07:36 PM

I had ticket 71988 - I was hoping he'd misspoke when the numbers were announced :faf:

Foritza
10-08-2018, 08:09 PM
Last season and in the Championship the sellers were very productive in' Behind the Goals' me and my friends would buy at least £2 each so £10 every home match minimum. Now go direct to FF and no sellers present . Actually the prize money now is embarrassing. Not wanting to cynical but did the price of paying sellers wages and commission become an issue? We are now paying out about £3-£4 hundred less than when we were in the championship. Is this a missed opportunity

Skol
10-08-2018, 08:50 PM
Does anyone remember the Goalden Goal tickets bought on the way in, late 70s maybe early 80s.

Green with perforated edges and you tore off to reveal a time which if is co-incided with the time of the first goal you won

lord bunberry
10-08-2018, 09:05 PM
My daughter goes to the hibs girls academy and one of the coaches sells the tickets and a few of the girls also sell them. It’s possible that due to holidays they’re struggling to get volunteers.

O'Rourke3
10-08-2018, 09:06 PM
Does anyone remember the Goalden Goal tickets bought on the way in, late 70s maybe early 80s.

Green with perforated edges and you tore off to reveal a time which if is co-incided with the time of the first goal you won

Not sure they made it to the 80s but yup.

PatHead
13-08-2018, 03:00 PM
Understand that the Happy Hibby draw results will now be tweeted and put on the official site.

Hermit Crab
13-08-2018, 05:11 PM
There should be a sticky thread where the numbers are posted every week imo as it is easy to miss them, especially with the poor tannoy system at ER, its also easy to miss them on the scoreboard in the South Stand.

PatHead
13-08-2018, 05:15 PM
There should be a sticky thread where the numbers are posted every week imo as it is easy to miss them, especially with the poor tannoy system at ER, its also easy to miss them on the scoreboard in the South Stand.

Well volunteered!

Hermit Crab
13-08-2018, 05:22 PM
Well volunteered!

:tee hee:

I don't have the correct privileges to post sticky threads. :greengrin

Hermit Crab
19-08-2018, 09:47 PM
What were the numbers today? Missed them at HT.

oconnors_strip
20-08-2018, 07:27 AM
There was a young boy and his mum selling them outside the main Stand at about 2:15 yesterday, bought mine then as never any in the east near the turnstiles I use

Hermit Crab
20-08-2018, 12:09 PM
What were the numbers today? Missed them at HT.

Anyone?