PDA

View Full Version : Adam Bogdan

SirDavidsNapper
05-08-2018, 06:28 PM
I think we've seen in the last two games how good this lad is. Still getting his match sharpness too. I think big Marciano will find it hard to get back in.

GreenNWhiteArmy
05-08-2018, 06:30 PM
Bogdan the redeemer

Made some outstanding saves over the last 3 days. Hopefully more of the same

When is Rocky due back?

AFKA5814_Hibs
05-08-2018, 06:35 PM
Said that today at the match. Marciano will struggle to get back into the team. Something I didn't expect to say after the 1st Astetas game. Good situation to be in though.

SirDavidsNapper
05-08-2018, 06:36 PM
Bogdan the redeemer

Made some outstanding saves over the last 3 days. Hopefully more of the same

When is Rocky due back?

Not sure actually. Great position to be in though. Looks like we have two fantastic keepers for the season.

Shrekko
05-08-2018, 06:39 PM
Liked the way he started commanding the area a bit which might give him a slight edge on Rocky if he proves to be as good a shot stopper... which he seems to be at the moment.

we are hibs
05-08-2018, 06:45 PM
He's done well the past 2 games but I would expect marciano to come back in when fit. He's our number 1 and still our best keeper.

leither17
05-08-2018, 06:47 PM
He stopped taking goal kicks and free kicks near the end hope he doesn’t have a knock

GreenProfessor
05-08-2018, 07:08 PM
He stopped taking goal kicks and free kicks near the end hope he doesn’t have a knock

I think he took one in the family jewels when blocking a shot in the second half. Might explain him delegating the kicking responsibilities...

vahibbie
05-08-2018, 07:13 PM
He's done well the past 2 games but I would expect marciano to come back in when fit. He's our number 1 and still our best keeper.

On the back of the last 2 games I think he's going to keep the jersey until he screws up. Loved the way he's commanding the area and collecting crosses. Great situation to be in with 2 competent keepers.

70KevinHFC62
05-08-2018, 07:27 PM
On the back of the last 2 games I think he's going to keep the jersey until he screws up. Loved the way he's commanding the area and collecting crosses. Great situation to be in with 2 competent keepers.

This 100%

Shrekko
05-08-2018, 07:30 PM

Agree - if he keeps this up there’s no way he’ll be dropped just because Rocky is fit.

Rocky’s had the occasional howler himself - sometimes people forget that. Good keeper but don’t know how people can say definitively that the gloves are his as soon as he’s back.

Eyrie
05-08-2018, 07:44 PM

I assumed that was just a clever way to waste some time as Porteous had to walk back to take the kick instead. And then we had to wait even longer for his kick to land as they went some distance!

05-08-2018, 07:58 PM
I'm liking the look of him more and more and he's probably still getting up to full sharpness after a long period out. Hope we've got an option to buy at the end of the loan clause with a pre-agreed fee.

Lancs Harp
05-08-2018, 08:06 PM
Made some great stops again today. Something i noted his distribution not so good when kicking pretty excellent when throwing

marleyhib
05-08-2018, 08:11 PM
Very very impressed with Adam today and on Thursday , as much as I like Rocky he is not as good at dealing with crosses and is prone to a howler or two. Early days but yet again look like an
Inspired singing

PatHead
05-08-2018, 08:29 PM

Saw his wife in the stand today. Maybe he was saving himself.

Borderhibbie76
05-08-2018, 08:39 PM
Agree - if he keeps this up there’s no way he’ll be dropped just because Rocky is fit.

Rocky’s had the occasional howler himself - sometimes people forget that. Good keeper but don’t know how people can say definitively that the gloves are his as soon as he’s back.If he keeps playing well he will keep the gloves similar to Laidlaw last year until he c###ed up in the Celtic semi

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

snooky
05-08-2018, 08:41 PM
Made some great stops again today. Something i noted his distribution not so good when kicking pretty excellent when throwing
Noticed that at the last home game too. Throwing was excellent.

BILLYHIBS
25-09-2018, 11:50 PM
Must admit had my reservations but starting to warm to this guy. After a rusty start he seems to get what we are all about and seems to have bought into our ethos. His concentration urgency and distribution have improved and has been faultless in his last two games against Dundee and Aberdeen
I think Rocky will have his work cut out trying to dislodge this guy but can only be good for our club.

Brooster
26-09-2018, 06:30 AM
Said it before but will say it again. Bogdan is the best goalie at the club.

B.H.F.C
26-09-2018, 06:52 AM
I thought he dealt with everything very well last night.

Since the game in Greece he’s hardly put a foot wrong.

marinello59
26-09-2018, 07:03 AM

:agree:

Phil MaGlass
26-09-2018, 07:07 AM
I think he looked too short at the penalties. I t looked like every penalty that would have been hit near either post he wouldnt have reached, maybe my imagination though. I blame the beer

hibbymick
26-09-2018, 07:12 AM
Cant be good explaining to your number 1 keeper you are behind the pecking order to a loanee who will more than likely be away at the end of the season. How many years does Marciano have left on his contract ?

marinello59
26-09-2018, 07:20 AM
Cant be good explaining to your number 1 keeper you are behind the pecking order to a loanee who will more than likely be away at the end of the season. How many years does Marciano have left on his contract ?

Surely he knows how it works. The gloves stay with the man in form. No other position offers a guaranteed start.

Phil MaGlass
26-09-2018, 07:23 AM
As good as Bogdan is I actually think all our keepers are pretty decent, were quite lucky to have them all.

Stairway 2 7
26-09-2018, 08:36 AM
Rocky would have saved at least 1 more of those penalties. About 3 of dons pens were around 2 foot inside the post, bogdan chose the right way but seemed too short

bigwheel
26-09-2018, 08:42 AM
Rocky would have saved at least 1 more of those penalties. About 3 of dons pens were around 2 foot inside the post, bogdan chose the right way but seemed too short

They are both 6 foot 4 ! Dons pens were very well taken last night

Speedway
26-09-2018, 08:43 AM

I really like Rocky but have to agree. Bogdan's looked the business for weeks now.

Pretty Boy
26-09-2018, 08:45 AM
They are both 6 foot 4 ! Dons pens were very well taken last night

Looking at this years team photo Bogdan actually looks quite a bit bigger than Marciano.

https://www.snsgroup.co.uk/13-09-18-hibernian-team-picture-headshots/season-2018-2019-hibernian-fc-hibernian-15412054.html

bigwheel
26-09-2018, 08:49 AM
Looking at this years team photo Bogdan actually looks quite a bit bigger than Marciano.

https://www.snsgroup.co.uk/13-09-18-hibernian-team-picture-headshots/season-2018-2019-hibernian-fc-hibernian-15412054.html

He does doesn’t he...poetic
Licence from Rocky ! :)

Stevie Reid
26-09-2018, 09:52 AM
He is really sharp off his line and his handling is excellent, he dealt with a few awkward shots from range really well last night.

Excellent distribution too, often starts good counter attacks. No way Marciano should just walk back in, and I don't think he will.

Greenbeard
26-09-2018, 10:05 AM
He has become very reliable and gives a strong feeling of confidence, more so than I have had with Rocky who, good as he is, always gives you a wee worry at the back of the heid that he might have a brain fart, same as Efe. Two potential brain farters at the back isn't good for the heart.

Shrekko
26-09-2018, 11:05 AM

I agree. Been delighted with him.

Rocky makes amazing saves and generally been good but doesn’t command his box as well and has a lot of nervous moments.

WeeRussell
26-09-2018, 11:14 AM
I think he looked too short at the penalties. I t looked like every penalty that would have been hit near either post he wouldnt have reached, maybe my imagination though. I blame the beer

You definitely must have been Philling yer Glass plenty as Boggers is a big laddie :greengrin

calumhibee1
26-09-2018, 11:16 AM
Still prefer Rocky but Bogdan has done well.

Hi Heid Yin
26-09-2018, 11:30 AM
Bogdan is a quality keeper.

BILLYHIBS
26-09-2018, 11:31 AM
Still prefer Rocky but Bogdan has done well.

Rocky is rocky :greengrin

MrRobot
26-09-2018, 03:20 PM
Chances of managing to keep him on a permanent contract? Sure his deal ends at the end of the season?

Hermit Crab
26-09-2018, 03:36 PM
The gloves are Bogdans to lose now.

ancient hibee
26-09-2018, 04:09 PM
The wind last night must have made it difficult for goalies.Both were pretty good.

Billy Whizz
26-09-2018, 04:13 PM
Lucky we have 2 excellent goalies, but just as well we had Bogdan. So smart move by Lennon to get him

SChibs
26-09-2018, 04:14 PM

Usually keepers guess a side so they can get across to the ball in time. Hence why keepers are 'sent the wrong way' so often. If they wait to react to the shot they will steuggle to move to the side in time to save it. We were losing the shoot out to bogdan cleqrly stopped guessing and started trying to react to where the ball was going but just couldn't get over quick enough.

Lancs Harp
26-09-2018, 04:15 PM
He commands his area very well, better than Rocky I would say in that aspect. Our keeper situation isnt one I lose any sleep over, have confidence in all three keepers. As for who will be between the sticks when Rocky is fully fit, well Boggy is certainly in decent form I think it will come down to if NL believes Rocky is his number one and keeping to that.

Billy Whizz
26-09-2018, 04:16 PM

Has Rocky actually saved a penalty for Hibs?
What’s his record for penalty saves, I wouldn’t say it was high

Iggy Pope
26-09-2018, 05:01 PM

I like Bogdan but I'm not sure I fancied his approach to the shoot out. Dancing about the line and leaving a side foot into 75% of the net for strike 1 isn't for me.
He was very good until then. McInnes reckoned his side had been practising penalties. Not sure they had to.

How many penalties has Rocky faced? Who was in goals at Dingwall last year?

Billy Whizz
26-09-2018, 05:03 PM
I like Bogdan but I'm not sure I fancied his approach to the shoot out. Dancing about the line and leaving a side foot into 75% of the net for strike 1 isn't for me.
He was very good until then. McInnes reckoned his side had been practising penalties. Not sure they had to.

How many penalties has Rocky faced? Who was in goals at Dingwall last year?
Rocky was in goals at Dingwall IP. Think we lost that shoot out too

Iggy Pope
26-09-2018, 05:08 PM
Rocky was in goals at Dingwall IP. Think we lost that shoot out too

We did and if it was him his performance isn't sticking in my mind obviously. I got stung by a wasp that night, much more memorable.
Think wee Fraser missed and everyone else scored?

We should've kept Conrad as a bench warmer for these occasions.

Billy Whizz
26-09-2018, 05:11 PM
We did and if it was him his performance isn't sticking in my mind obviously. I got stung by a wasp that night, much more memorable.
Think wee Fraser missed and everyone else scored?

We should've kept Conrad as a bench warmer for these occasions.
If my memory is correct Rocky doesn’t have much of a record of saving penalties
Hopefully someone has the stats

Iggy Pope
26-09-2018, 05:24 PM
If my memory is correct Rocky doesn’t have much of a record of saving penalties
Hopefully someone has the stats

Think this record thing is getting over done.We are in a penalty shoot out once,a season recently, once every 20 years before that.

Ben Williams saved loads of penalties but I'd rather have Marciano or Bogdan in goals.
Conrad won us the cup that semi final day but I'd rather have Marciano or Bogdan in goals now.

Bruce Grobelaar won a European Cup on penalties but he was a weirdo crook that threw games so better Bogdan etc

Billy Whizz
26-09-2018, 05:25 PM
Think this record thing is getting over done.We are in a penalty shoot out once,a season recently, once every 20 years before that.

Ben Williams saved loads of penalties but I'd rather have Marciano or Bogdan in goals.
Conrad won us the cup that semi final but I'd rather have Marciano or Bogdan in goals now.

Bruce Grobelaar won a European Cup on penalties but he was a weirdo crook that threw games so better Bogdan etc

IP, what I meant was Rocky hasn’t saved many penalties in league/cup game, not shoot outs

bigwheel
26-09-2018, 05:26 PM

Conrad won us the cup that semi final day but I'd rather have Marciano or Bogdan in goals now.

can we bring one of them on for the penalties though? :greengrin

Silky
26-09-2018, 05:28 PM

I remember him saving one against Hearts at Easter Road when we won 3-1. Think the guy scored a rebound but he can do saved it.

Iggy Pope
26-09-2018, 05:42 PM
IP, what I meant was Rocky hasn’t saved many penalties in league/cup game, not shoot outs

I know. That's why I'm saying its getting over done. It's not usually something we can gauge keepers on is it?

Hibs1969
26-09-2018, 05:55 PM
He saved Boyd's penalty at Rugby Park in the 2-2 game earlier this year but the rebound went in.

26-09-2018, 08:49 PM
I remember him saving one against Hearts at Easter Road when we won 3-1. Think the guy scored a rebound but he can do saved it.

Rocky saved Goncalves' penalty as well as his attempt from the rebound but Goncalves managed to then bundled it over the line.

Eyrie
26-09-2018, 09:35 PM
Rocky saved Goncalves' penalty as well as his attempt from the rebound but Goncalves managed to then bundled it over the line.

From memory those were the only three attempts they had that night.

Scouse Hibee
26-09-2018, 09:38 PM

Aye okay then.

where'stheslope
28-09-2018, 12:32 PM
Chances of managing to keep him on a permanent contract?
Sure his deal ends at the end of the season?
This is the reason for my dislike to Loan players, as we nurture them bring them on and they go back to the parent club better than when they left.
If he becomes our no1 this season, Rocky will be here for the start of next season, but maybe not fully match fit, this can be unsettling!
After the Cup win, we lost some of our best players back to their parent clubs, OK it didn't do to much damage, but what could we have done if they were ours????

PatHead
28-09-2018, 10:02 PM
This is the reason for my dislike to Loan players, as we nurture them bring them on and they go back to the parent club better than when they left.
If he becomes our no1 this season, Rocky will be here for the start of next season, but maybe not fully match fit, this can be unsettling!
After the Cup win, we lost some of our best players back to their parent clubs, OK it didn't do to much damage, but what could we have done if they were ours????

Probably couldn’t have afforded them to have them playing for us in the first place.

Loanees have their place if used properly.

Moody Blues
29-09-2018, 12:45 PM
Both very good goalies. We are quite fortunate in that respect.