PDA

View Full Version : Can it get any better ?

21sMay
05-08-2018, 05:18 PM
what a start to the new season we have had. great results in Europe and a very solid start to the season today with a weakened side. whatever happens on Thursday and the 2nd leg , the team have really gave us optimism for the season ahead.

but.... Can we win this next round and continue this great run? I'm not sure but can't wait to find out

skyhibs
05-08-2018, 05:20 PM
Good 3 points today but not the best performance... will take 3 points every week like that though

Famous Fiver
05-08-2018, 08:43 PM
Great three points today and I thought our performance was terrific, given that we had to give our all on Thursday, and only got back on Friday afternoon.

Very little chance to work on shape and tactics and yet we put up what I thought was a superb performance.

Skyhibs you are one hard taskmaster!!

Bishop Hibee
05-08-2018, 08:47 PM
Every Hibs fan should enjoy the current good times rolling. If we keep McGinn I’ll be expecting a season better than last season.

Lancs Harp
05-08-2018, 08:51 PM
In the context of many teams struggling on their return from European exploits I thought we were excellent today. Thought we "managed" the game excellently. Surrendered a few chances in the second part of the second half but at 3 up I can live with it.

Jim44
05-08-2018, 08:52 PM
We’re going great guns just now, but, being realistic, we’ll have our downers now and again. What really pleases me is that we are no longer push overs and will compete with every team we come up against. This is as good as it gets. :aok:

WhileTheChief..
05-08-2018, 08:56 PM
It will keep getting better so long as Lennon’s here.

Totally expect us us to get through to the playoffs and will take our chances there.

I think everone at the club is 100% focused on the Euro group stages :thumbsup:

greenlex
05-08-2018, 09:03 PM
Good 3 points today but not the best performance... will take 3 points every week like that though
Seriously?

TelaStella
05-08-2018, 09:16 PM
Remember not that long ago around the time of the strips being released. Kamberi not coming back, Mallan seemingly a dead end and McGinn away to Celtic for peanuts. Keep the faith [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brianmc
05-08-2018, 09:41 PM
Seriously?

I'd agree with skyhibs.
Great to open the League campaign with 3 goals and a clean sheet BUT we are capable of playing much, much better than we did today.

Frankly I'm amazed/surprised anyone would see it differently.

sauzee6_2
05-08-2018, 09:41 PM
Good result, but let’s be honest, we were in second gear.

Lots more to come especially after a hard fought victory on Thursday night.

Diclonius
05-08-2018, 09:55 PM
The only thing that's been missing from the last 3-4 years has been a hammering of Hearts. And I'm not talking possession, chances etc. I mean GOALS.

Please Hibs, do us all a favour this season and give us a win over Hearts by three goals or more. I'm fed up of battering them and only having a narrow win to show for it. I missed 6-2 and the Millennium derby because I wasn't into football at the time - starting to think I'll never see one. :rolleyes:

Ronniekirk
05-08-2018, 09:57 PM
I'd agree with skyhibs.
Great to open the League campaign with 3 goals and a clean sheet BUT we are capable of playing much, much better than we did today.

Frankly I'm amazed/surprised anyone would see it differently.

I think you will find the majority were very happy eith today's overall performance given the exertions of midweek v the zgreek team
Two youngsters acquitted themselves well , Keeper made a few saves when needed , We controlled most of the game and moved well The goals wete good especially the third
We took our foot off the gas at 3 as we have another important European game midweek

brianmc
05-08-2018, 10:06 PM
I think you will find the majority were very happy eith today's overall performance given the exertions of midweek v the zgreek team
Two youngsters acquitted themselves well , Keeper made a few saves when needed , We controlled most of the game and moved well The goals wete good especially the third
We took our foot off the gas at 3 as we have another important European game midweek

I was happy with the result and performance - and at no point said I wasn't.
I made a point, that you've chosen to ignore completely, which was : do you think that's the best we can do?
I say no.
You seem to say yes.
I disagree!
Put it this way- if there's a Season Highlight DVD released at the end of this League campaign I'll be amazed if there's any of today's scintillating passing moves in it!

Keith_M
05-08-2018, 10:09 PM
Winning the game without conceding is definitely good progress.

Motherwell were pretty poor, TBH, but that doesn't take anything away from a very good Hibs performance.

Ronniekirk
05-08-2018, 10:17 PM
I made a point, that you've chosen to ignore completely, which was : do you think that's the best we can do?
I say no.
You seem to say yes.
I disagree!
Put it this way- if there's a Season Highlight DVD released at the end of this League campaign I'll be amazed if there's any of today's scintillating passing moves in it!
We did what we had to do and won comfortably after a difficult European tie and with one eye on the next tie Am not sure what you were expecting
I dont think players were going to burst a gut today unless they had to
Yes of course we will play better in other games but I was more than pleased with what I saw today
Motherwell were poor though

Eyrie
05-08-2018, 10:18 PM
I say no.
You seem to say yes.
I disagree!

Boyle's goal?

tanfield
05-08-2018, 10:24 PM
Considering we were playing on the back of a tough European game midweek I thought we did pretty well.

After reading the starting line up I wasn't confident but we controlled the game and got into a lot of good wide positions early on without much end product. Thought Mallan was very quiet and a bit shy in the tackle but when we got that freekick I knew we had a great chance to take the lead.

After that we controlled the game, didn't give Well any chances and only took our foot of the gas when we went 3 up and got a little bit complacent.

Yes, they could have scored 2/3 goals themselves but poor finishing / good goalkeeping kept the margin.

Overall pleased with the result. McGinn was terrific and we will miss him when he goes. In the context of things it was a good win but we can certainly play a lot better.