PDA

View Full Version : Gerrard: "The world was against us..."/Sevco paranoia

Scotty Leither
05-08-2018, 05:16 PM
Referring to the decision to send off his £8m pound centre forward today. He also opined that "it's not today it's been happening for seasons". Looks like he's had the paranoia lessons already eh?

cleanyman
05-08-2018, 05:22 PM
That's the chat Rangers fans love.

Playing to the galleries.

NOLA
05-08-2018, 05:24 PM
Staunch in his summary

Jim44
05-08-2018, 05:36 PM
Referring to the decision to send off his £8m pound centre toward today. He also opined that "it's not today it's been happening for seasons". Looks like he's had the paranoia lessons already eh?

Admired him as a player but to come out with this claptrap makes him a conditioned rat like all the other V****n at that dispicable club.

Sir David Gray
05-08-2018, 05:37 PM
Referring to the decision to send off his £8m pound centre toward today. He also opined that "it's not today it's been happening for seasons". Looks like he's had the paranoia lessons already eh?

He had a good start in his education of these lessons at Liverpool.

hibbydog
05-08-2018, 05:38 PM
Didn’t take him long to become enshrined in the arrogance and crass lack of class the epitomises The Rangers FC.

DetroitHibs
05-08-2018, 05:40 PM
He's a fud that's about to be found out by Christmas.

Lendo
05-08-2018, 05:45 PM

Hope so. Have a £50 bet with a Hun mate that he’ll be sacked by a Christmas.

EricStoner
05-08-2018, 05:49 PM
What's the difference between a jumbo jet and a Scouser?...

I always find it very odd that Sir Alan doesn't blame everything and everyone for things that go wrong.
Did someone not get banned on YouTube years ago for posting a "No Scousers were harmed during the making of this video" intro to a Heysel anniversary film?

IGRIGI
05-08-2018, 06:00 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/RangersFC/status/1026062195577286656

Don't know if this has been posted yet but the state of that treatment table 😂

Greenfly
05-08-2018, 06:03 PM
He's proving to be Rangers class already - the perfect fit.

SirDavidsNapper
05-08-2018, 06:13 PM
Cracking under the pressure already

hibee_girl
05-08-2018, 06:15 PM

Did they honestly take a union jack to drape over the treatment table?? :eek:

GreenNWhiteArmy
05-08-2018, 06:17 PM

Wbat. The. Actual. ****

SirDavidsNapper
05-08-2018, 06:17 PM

How backwards can you get. Hope the late equaliser hurt.

Sammy7nil
05-08-2018, 06:18 PM
Hope so. Have a £50 bet with a Hun mate that he’ll be sacked by a Christmas.

Pay him out now :aok:

GreenNWhiteArmy
05-08-2018, 06:18 PM
They are also "a class above Aberdeen and will be proven over the season"

Sooner they're brought down a peg or 2 the better

TelaStella
05-08-2018, 06:19 PM
Touched upon him in another thread earlier, couldn’t believe just how much of a bellend he was coming across as and it’s only his first real game. Caught a bit of Scott Arfield’s interview as well and he actually says “the rangers team last season wouldn’t of got that result today” not only just a tad disrespectful to his fellow team mates but it actually sounds as if it’s all scripted to everything the Ibrox faithful will want to be hearing. Had a look over on bears den and they’re all creaming themselves with the post match comments. Farce of a team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bingo70
05-08-2018, 06:20 PM
If he’s showing signs of cracking already that’s got to be promising for the rest of us.

They got a credible draw today with 10 men against the team that’s finished 2nd the last 4 years. Why not just talk up their performance?

Imo he’s trying too hard and as the season goes fake efforts like this to create a siege mentality will come back to haunt him.

If we were to be playing rangers on Thursday Lennon would eat him up for breakfast imo.

GloryGlory
05-08-2018, 06:21 PM

Yeah.

There was also a flute band just off camera to entertain the players at half time. :greengrin

Jim44
05-08-2018, 06:34 PM
There is a thread on FF bleating about the fact that our fans were over exuberant when Aberdeen stole their thunder in injury time today. :faf::faf::faf:

Hibrandenburg
05-08-2018, 06:39 PM
There is a thread on FF bleating about the fact that our fans were over exuberant when Aberdeen stole their thunder in injury time today. :faf::faf::faf:

Probably means a few folk deserve stabbing now.

andybev1
05-08-2018, 06:41 PM
Someone nees to tell Gerrard that Provoction is not a word but provocation is. Seemingly that muppet who go sent off for them today was under provoction.

Another thing annoying me is sky has twice said that Hearts and Celtic are top of the table but I am thinking we are second. Why is it so hard to understand or is it deliberate?

Waxy
05-08-2018, 06:42 PM
He’s never a manager.

GloryGlory
05-08-2018, 06:43 PM
Someone nees to tell Gerrard that Provoction is not a word but provavation is. Seemingly that muppet who go sent off for them today was under provoctio.

Another thing annoying me is sky has twice said that Hearts and Celtic are top of the table but I am thinking we are second. Why is it so hard to understand or is it deliberate?

is it really? :greengrin

andybev1
05-08-2018, 06:57 PM
LOL the double post had me running in the wrong direction to change that!

SirDavidsNapper
05-08-2018, 06:57 PM
I can't listen to him talk for more than a few seconds. Bores me to tears.

DetroitHibs
05-08-2018, 07:04 PM
Lenny will school this plonker :cb

Scouse Hibee
05-08-2018, 07:51 PM
Loved him at Liverpool but he can ****** walk alone with that horrible mob. Hope he fails miserably and is hounded out by the knuckle dragging erseholea.

Nakedmanoncrack
05-08-2018, 07:51 PM
Playing to the gallery - a gallery full of witless idiots.

SquashedFrogg
05-08-2018, 07:53 PM

Agree 100%

Amazed if he's there by end of season

adhibs
05-08-2018, 07:55 PM
that treatment table :faf:. hopefully a few of them end up on it at easter road in October.

tamig
05-08-2018, 07:58 PM

It’ll be that bigoted wee erse of a kit man. Him that looks like he’s got all the kit bags under his eyes.

Billy Whizz
05-08-2018, 07:59 PM
Think he’s lost it already. Said on Thursday night he was jealous of Ryan Jacks performance against the Croatian team
Jesus, Gerrard the player purring about Ryan Jack🤣

BILLYHIBS
05-08-2018, 08:03 PM
“No one likes us we don’t care” Better get used to it the words are in the song!:thumbsup:

Stax
05-08-2018, 08:17 PM
Loved him at Liverpool but he can ****** walk alone with that horrible mob. Hope he fails miserably and is hounded out by the knuckle dragging erseholea.
His interview after the game today was brutal, I genuinely thought he’d maybe rise above all the nonsense.

Billy Whizz
05-08-2018, 08:19 PM
Just saw a snippet on Sky. Gerrard says today shows we’re a class above Aberdeen

Complete lack of respect for a club and a Manager who have finished above them for quite a few years. Quite staggered at his words, must be feeling the heat

CathroMustStay
05-08-2018, 08:25 PM
Gerrard is simply the latest in a production line of cretins, destined for epic failure whilst managing Sevco.

HibbyAndy
05-08-2018, 08:25 PM
Just saw a snippet on Sky. Gerrard says today shows we’re a class above Aberdeen

Complete lack of respect for a club and a Manager who have finished above them for quite a few years. Quite staggered at his words, must be feeling the heat

:agree:

That is absolutely pathetic from Gerrard , Spat the dummy oot bigtime

He has made a rod for his own back from day 1 !

Lennon would chew him up and spit him oot in bubbles

Famous Fiver
05-08-2018, 08:26 PM
Waiting expectantly for the inevitable Sevco statement.

Jumbo Jim sharpening the pencil as we speak.

The 'club' that keeps giving.

snooky
05-08-2018, 08:29 PM
Referring to the decision to send off his £8m pound centre forward today. He also opined that "it's not today it's been happening for seasons". Looks like he's had the paranoia lessons already eh?

"Gottle of gear" ?

weecounty hibby
05-08-2018, 09:06 PM
Fantastic footballer but I could never take to him as a person. Looking like a total knob at the moment. Pretty classless comments from the manager of a completely classless football club

Bostonhibby
05-08-2018, 09:07 PM
Maybe he's right, after all they are a bunch of ***** so who would want to be with them?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Deansy
05-08-2018, 09:21 PM
Gerrard's comments merely confirm the rumours that he's a tad 'Dolly-Dimple' in the IQ-department !

GloryGlory
05-08-2018, 11:39 PM
His interview after the game today was brutal, I genuinely thought he’d maybe rise above all the nonsense.

He's going to really start feeling the pressure when Celtic give them another ritual skelping. And later he has to come to ER and get another skelping from Neil Lennon! :greengrin

If he's still there by then.

ekhibee
05-08-2018, 11:40 PM
I know I'm being the devil's advocate here, but in the interview I saw he just said Rangers were a class above Aberdeen TODAY. Nothing wrong with that, cos they were the better team. He did say Rangers don't seem to get many decisions in their favour but all managers say that. The rest of it was just how he was proud of the team and so on. Nothing particularly controversial but that might have been a different interview from what the OP was talking about.

Dashing Bob S
05-08-2018, 11:55 PM
The guy is already sounding desperate. One game in and he’s already playing catch up with the other half of the uglies. A couple of bad reverses in those derbies and us taking points of them should see back in a pundits chair by Christmas.

BILLYHIBS
06-08-2018, 05:09 AM
Can’t wait for the fall out to this pantomime to begin got my popcorn and my front row seat at the ready. The Rangers the gift that keeps on giving. :wink::thumbsup:

SouthMoroccoStu
06-08-2018, 05:23 AM
The Rangers manager is arrogant delusional twit SHOCKER

From what I saw of the game, neither the rangers or Aberdeen were a class of anything - both of them were poor

Fair enough, a manager can say they were the better team, but saying “a class above” is hugely disrespectful

And did Gerrard see the penalty decision they got? The good old lodge Sfa saw to that

Always liked Gerrard as a player, a passable tv pundit. But it does take long for someone to join the Ibrox orcs for them to turn

Gerrard - “the great saviour of Scottish football” won’t last long.

Onion
06-08-2018, 06:19 AM

Thought Gerrard was bigger than this, reverting to the same kind of claptrap every previous Sevco manager. For a club that has won and achieved NOTHING in the top league, it's big words based on a single draw away from home.

blackpoolhibs
06-08-2018, 06:21 AM
Touched upon him in another thread earlier, couldn’t believe just how much of a bellend he was coming across as and it’s only his first real game. Caught a bit of Scott Arfield’s interview as well and he actually says “the rangers team last season wouldn’t of got that result today” not only just a tad disrespectful to his fellow team mates but it actually sounds as if it’s all scripted to everything the Ibrox faithful will want to be hearing. Had a look over on bears den and they’re all creaming themselves with the post match comments. Farce of a team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would that be the same sevco side that beat Aberdeen 3 times and drew the other game?

IWasThere2016
06-08-2018, 06:26 AM
That's the chat Rangers fans love.

Playing to the galleries.

Yup - just pandering to the brain dead.

DetroitHibs
06-08-2018, 06:30 AM
Gone by Christmas. Just last week he was saying on the BBC he's desperate for players and now this.

jacomo
06-08-2018, 06:43 AM

Very weird.

He’s not a Rangers fan and he won’t have had time to personally watch all the games in which things have allegedly been going against them ‘for seasons’, so he’s not just spouting nonsense, he’s spouting other people’s nonsense as his own.

You’d think he’d want to present himself as a fresh start??

If he’s parroting their nonsense already then he’s already feeling the pressure. Good news.

MWHIBBIES
06-08-2018, 07:01 AM
You've all fallen for it because none of you are talking about them losing a goal in the last minute.

GloryGlory
06-08-2018, 07:05 AM
Agree 100%

Amazed if he's there by end of season

Maybe his outburst is him starting to work his ticket already. Then when he goes back to England with his tail between his legs, the media fanboys can give it the old "he wasn't given a chance, Scottish football ganged up on him, blah blah blah...". He can then still be quoted for jobs that come up in England as though The Rangers was a bad dream. :greengrin

Springbank
06-08-2018, 09:41 AM
You've all fallen for it because none of you are talking about them losing a goal in the last minute.

Agree.

Rangers' soft centre is the main story there.

As an aside, despite having a man advantage, Aberdeen (in my view) were murder, ponderous, clueless and have dropped a level or two since losing Kenny Maclean etc

They'll be scrapping for 4/5/6 place this season, on that initial showing

bringbackjoeT!!
06-08-2018, 09:46 AM
Says it all really

https://twitter.com/Fitba_Facts/status/1026396884401831938

What a clown :brickwall

SirDavidsNapper
06-08-2018, 09:51 AM
Rangers were going to hit the ground running. All this #letsgo nonsense etc. They drew with a lackluster Aberdeen with a dodgy penalty and created nothing else yet he's telling everyone decisions always go against Rangers and everyone is out to get them. One game in and he's trying a siege mentality tactic already which tells me he's clutching at straws. Emptied by Christmas. He's out of his depth and he was foolish to go anywhere near the job. His interview was cringeworthy and dissrespectful. Last time Aberdeen finished outside the top 3 Rangers were in League 2.

Captain Trips
06-08-2018, 09:53 AM
Someone nees to tell Gerrard that Provoction is not a word but provocation is. Seemingly that muppet who go sent off for them today was under provoction.

You would think Sky would understand how a league table works and only one team can be top unless equal GD. As it stands Hearts are top alone.

G B Young
06-08-2018, 10:05 AM
Disappointed by Gerrard coming out with stuff like this. Saying he's watched videos to back up his claim that decisions have been going against them for years is pretty lame stuff. I actually thought he'd handled himself quite well since taking the job and had a feeling he MIGHT actually prove to be a decent appointment but yesterday's quotes are as bad as any of the nonsense to come out of Ibrox down the years.

Smartie
06-08-2018, 10:08 AM
Yesterday was a decent result for them under the circumstances, so he has every right to make those comments.

We'll see how he gets on when he hits his first difficult patch - the type of run that Sevco have a track record of not being able to deal with.

Ralphy C
06-08-2018, 10:09 AM
Very weird.

He’s not a Rangers fan and he won’t have had time to personally watch all the games in which things have allegedly been going against them ‘for seasons’, so he’s not just spouting nonsense, he’s spouting other people’s nonsense as his own.

If he’s parroting their nonsense already then he’s already feeling the pressure. Good news.
Hopefully someone will tell him to mention a magic hat.

Future17
06-08-2018, 10:24 AM
As much as it pains me to say it, they look 100% more organised than last season.

They'll still finish a distance behind Celtc, so his future will depend on derbies and a cup win.

Chic Murray
06-08-2018, 10:37 AM
I admire his class in light of such provocation.

staunchhibby
06-08-2018, 11:44 AM
Waiting on Gerrard saying something about the vodka bottle thrown from the Rangers support into the Aberdeen support.

Bostonhibby
06-08-2018, 11:58 AM
Waiting on Gerrard saying something about the vodka bottle thrown from the Rangers support into the Aberdeen support.

Something along the lines of

it's been happening for seasons and I've been sitting watching videos but I just can't work out if the thrower is a hun, a follower of Sevco, a follower of the team formerly known as Glasgow rangers, a west of Scotland FC supporter or a Scottish cup FC supporter.

We're going to have to get police glasgows crack Sitting on their erse eating doughnuts whilst looking at video team to track the cretin down.

We simply can't have folk in the ground drinking vodka, buckfast is our preferred drink of choice at Ibrox, or any of the bargain range of blue cooking wines that Nornirn's vineyeards are now producing.

GloryGlory
06-08-2018, 12:13 PM

Our fans were defending themselves, as they are entitled to do.

Sylar
06-08-2018, 12:25 PM
I disagree that he'll be emptied by Christmas. He's brought in some decent players so far (Arfield, Gouldson, Kent, Koulibaly and Katic all look comfortable at this level), and they played well yesterday despite being down to 10 men for the majority of the game.

His comments are totally classless though - but exactly what I'd expect to hear a manager of that lot coming out with. He speaks the language that every other Sevconian has before him - though the "always cheated, never defeated" is definitely a mantra I more associated with the other side of Glasgow.

I do think he can have some grievances with the decisions yesterday, but post-match was an opportunity to show a bit of decorum and simply turn his focus to the next game. He ingratiated himself to the Rangers base no doubt, but made himself look like a **** in the process.

FilipinoHibs
06-08-2018, 12:39 PM
Something along the lines of

it's been happening for seasons and I've been sitting watching videos but I just can't work out if the thrower is a hun, a follower of Sevco, a follower of the team formerly known as Glasgow rangers, a west of Scotland FC supporter or a Scottish cup FC supporter.

We're going to have to get police glasgows crack Sitting on their erse eating doughnuts whilst looking at video team to track the cretin down.

We simply can't have folk in the ground drinking vodka, buckfast is our preferred drink of choice at Ibrox, or any of the bargain range of blue cooking wines that Nornirn's vineyeards are now producing.

Last three seasons Sevco 11 Reds. Teams when playing Sevco 15. Penalties 42 for Gers and 17 agiainst.

GreenNWhiteArmy
06-08-2018, 12:47 PM
It must be super tough when you've not got the likes of Hugh Dallas in your back pocket knowing he'll give the decisions you need to win a match

See Fitba Stats released a tweet with figures around red cards and pens. For and against rangers over the last 3 seasons. Of course stats are irrelevant to Gerrard and co....

06-08-2018, 01:30 PM
I used to really like Gerrard so I'm disappointed to see him be sucked into Sevco and their usual poor wee victim routine. His interview was pretty embarrassing and classless. As said above, playing to the gallery.

Everything about that vile institution is just rotten to the core. Horrible horrible club.

Billy Whizz
06-08-2018, 01:31 PM

Bet you it was empty
How the hell did they get it in, you get frisked going in at Pittodrie

Fife-Hibee
06-08-2018, 01:46 PM
Gerrard has always been a clown off the pitch. Another billy big baws going into boozers, acting like he owns the place and looking for a scrap with the utter gang that he would bring along with him. That club is tailor made for him.

Keith_M
06-08-2018, 01:51 PM
I saw that, as well as his claims that The Rangers are "a class above Aberdeen".

With that level of combined arrogance and paranoia, he'll fit in quite well at IPox

Is It On....
06-08-2018, 02:29 PM

All we need now is a "we are the people" comment like Pedro did last year...

Sas_The_Hibby
06-08-2018, 02:47 PM
As an England fan, I've swiftly gone from respecting Gerrard as a player, to being disappointed in him taking the job at such an odious club as The Rangers, to now holding him in contempt for coming out with such nonsensical populist rubbish as he did after the Aberdeen game.

He's either a complete idiot or is playing to the worst of the paranoid self-righteous elements of the club's fanbase.

Or both.

euro Hibby
06-08-2018, 02:51 PM
I think I noted green boots are back in fashion at Ibrox......inevitably the spotlight will change opinions on Gerard......match day 1...loser !!

Jim44
06-08-2018, 03:14 PM
I initially liked or shall we say respected the tone of the Portuguese geezer, Cashewnuts, just as I respected what little I knew about Gerrard. It didn’t take either of them long to become indoctrinated into the bigoted, weeareupeepil, everybody hates us mode. It must be written into their contracts. :rolleyes:

Greentinted
06-08-2018, 03:21 PM
Gerrard was one of the few bright lights I enjoyed watching as my disaffection with the circus that is English football increased.
Sad, but not entirely surprising, to see he’s playing to the Hun gallery so early and almost overnight has become a bit of a dick!

Chic Murray
06-08-2018, 03:25 PM
I think there's a wee echo of Sounesses famous "every likes to see the big man fall, but in the end the big man has the last laugh", speech after we beat them in 1986.

I don't think Stevie is the sharpest tool in the box, and reckons he just has to copy what other managers have done.

ancient hibee
06-08-2018, 04:35 PM
I think he’s realised that if they lose to Celtic in a few weeks they’ll be 5 points behind them with the season hardly started.Makes it a very long season.

ian cruise
06-08-2018, 04:38 PM
Wait until he finds out Paddy Power have paid out on Celtic winning the league already....

PatHead
06-08-2018, 05:13 PM
See they have appealed yesterday’s red card.

matty_f
06-08-2018, 06:13 PM
Considering Aberdeen should have had a free kick for offside when The Rangers were awarded their penalty, I think he's got a bit of a brass neck.

Jim44
06-08-2018, 06:22 PM
See they have appealed yesterday’s red card.

By the way they were talking about it on the radio, it sounded as if Morelos had seen red mist and kicked out....... bang to rights. They should increase the appeal fee to stop clubs automatically trying it on.

Stevie Reid
06-08-2018, 06:26 PM
By the way they were talking about it on the radio, it sounded as if Morelos had seen red mist and kicked out....... bang to rights. They should increase the appeal fee to stop clubs automatically trying it on.

It was petulant as opposed to violent, but letter of the law means it's a red. I thought it was soft and wouldn't be bothered if it were rescinded.

HoboHarry
06-08-2018, 06:26 PM
Honestly is it written into the contract of Sevco managers that they have to repeat this everyone's against us nonsense? They all do it to some extent and you have to wonder why?

Joe6-2
06-08-2018, 06:31 PM
Considering Aberdeen should have had a free kick for offside when The Rangers were awarded their penalty, I think he's got a bit of a brass neck.

Kris Boyd said it was a stonewaller, I’ve watched it a few times, still not convinced

Famous Fiver
06-08-2018, 06:39 PM
I like the cut of Paddy Power's jib!!!!

tamig
06-08-2018, 06:39 PM
I used to really like Gerrard so I'm disappointed to see him be sucked into Sevco and their usual poor wee victim routine. His interview was pretty embarrassing and classless. As said above, playing to the gallery.

Everything about that vile institution is just rotten to the core. Horrible horrible club.
I can’t really see it but he could turn out to be another Andy Goram. A hun contaminated brain.

Pagan Hibernia
06-08-2018, 06:45 PM
I think he’s realised that if they lose to Celtic in a few weeks they’ll be 5 points behind them with the season hardly started.Makes it a very long season.

And 5 behind us :aok:

500miles
06-08-2018, 06:46 PM
another Andy Goram.

Are you suggesting there could be two Andy Gorams?

Onion
06-08-2018, 06:47 PM
Honestly is it written into the contract of Sevco managers that they have to repeat this everyone's against us nonsense? They all do it to some extent and you have to wonder why?

For a new club that continually proclaims that no one likes them and "we don't care", they do a hell of a lot of bleating to the media :rolleyes:

tamig
06-08-2018, 06:57 PM
Are you suggesting there could be two Andy Gorams?

Maybe even three 😳

Hibernia&Alba
06-08-2018, 08:23 PM
Very weird.

Exactly my first thought too: how the hell could he know this? For obvious reasons I've never liked the guy, and this just ratchets up my antipathy. I really hope the hype falls flat and he fails spectacularly, the scouse prick.