PDA

View Full Version : Sir David Gray

lord bunberry
05-08-2018, 05:08 PM
He was outstanding again today. Would’ve got man of the match if he’d stayed on. It was magnificent to see the reaction he got when he was going off. I can’t remember a player who we have signed that has been as loved as SDG since Sauzee. A true legend.

Juice-Terry
05-08-2018, 05:09 PM
Agreed.

hfc rd
05-08-2018, 05:20 PM
One of the best club captains we have had. A proper born leader.

Borderhibbie76
05-08-2018, 05:21 PM
No coincidence when he went off Murderwell were a lot more threatening down our right side too....a born leader and forever a club legend

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

SiinDubai
05-08-2018, 05:24 PM
Thought he was brilliant today, after missing so much of last season it’s great to see the legend back doing what he does best !!!

Billy Whizz
05-08-2018, 05:27 PM
Thought he had an excellent game
Did he go off injured, or just giving him a test?

B.H.F.C
05-08-2018, 05:28 PM
Thought he was finished at Hibs to be honest. He’s making that look a silly thing to say based on the last few games.

Sir David Gray
05-08-2018, 05:31 PM
He was outstanding again today. Would’ve got man of the match if he’d stayed on. It was magnificent to see the reaction he got when he was going off. I can’t remember a player who we have signed that has been as loved as SDG since Sauzee. A true legend.

Cheers. :aok:

lord bunberry
05-08-2018, 05:31 PM
I think it was with Thursday in mind.

lord bunberry
05-08-2018, 05:32 PM
Cheers. :aok:
You’re welcome :greengrin

Mikey_1875
05-08-2018, 05:33 PM
Seen a physio give him a tablet during the match so maybe wasnt feeling 100% not that you would have noticed great performance

HFCdeb
05-08-2018, 05:37 PM
Iconic man. Love him like no other.

hfc rd
05-08-2018, 05:37 PM

Resting him. The same why McGregor wasn't playing today. Big game this Thursday and will be needed.

Waxy
05-08-2018, 05:38 PM
He Also looks like he has a few more years playing.

WoreTheGreen
Seen a physio give him a tablet during the match so maybe wasnt feeling 100% not that you would have noticed great performance

See how much we’ve come on other teams hand wee paper notes

snooky
No coincidence when he went off Murderwell were a lot more threatening down our right side too....a born leader and forever a club legend

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

:agree: At the time I said to my mate that it was a crazy change. Why change the shape? We looked quite comfortable.
After Mallan & Gray were subbed we could/should have lost 3 goals.
I thought 'Well were quite poor TBH, however we more or less 'invited' them into the game in the second half of the second half.

Billy Whizz
05-08-2018, 05:41 PM
I think it was with Thursday in mind.

That’s good

Danderhall Hibs
05-08-2018, 05:42 PM
He’s shutting a good few folk up. There were many claiming he was finished last year when he was obviously struggling through an injury.

Inconsequential
05-08-2018, 05:44 PM
Alan Stubbs first signing for Hibs iirc and one that almost went unnoticed at the time. David Gray went on to be an outstanding player and captain proving you don't have to be big name to be a great signing.

Fritz
05-08-2018, 06:22 PM
See how much we’ve come on other teams hand wee paper notes

😂👏

SirDavidsNapper
05-08-2018, 06:24 PM
Mr Hibs. The single best thing Alan Stubbs has ever done is make this man his first signing. Class act.

wookie70
05-08-2018, 06:30 PM
His crossing was good today but we never got enough men in the box to capitalise. Another very good performance and it give Lennon a nice headache for Thursday or the near future if McLaren plays with Kamberi. Do you play Boyle or SDG. Pretty tricky as although Boyle has been great we look so much better at the back when SDG plays.

Viva_Palmeiras
05-08-2018, 06:31 PM
He’s shutting a good few folk up. There were many claiming he was finished last year when he was obviously struggling through an injury.

Why do folks do that or condemn someone on the basis of preseason games when everyone’s getting up to speed

CockneyRebel
06-08-2018, 11:01 AM
Why do folks do that or condemn someone on the basis of preseason games when everyone’s getting up to speed

To be fair I think most folk who thought perhaps he was done (myself included) based it over ALL of last season (injuries and form) not on a few pre season games. It was the persistent niggling injuries that got me thinking he would not rise again but thankfully he has proved that I know ****** all about football.

Danderhall Hibs
06-08-2018, 11:11 AM

No idea - I’ve been on holiday and only seen the last 2 matches. I was expecting Bogdan to be an absolute bombscare based on what I’d read and been told.

Funny thing was those claiming to have seen him play for Liverpool as additional evidence - he played for them twice. :hilarious

Lemonade
06-08-2018, 11:14 AM
He must be the most iconic player in the history of Hibs.
certainly this generations Pat Stanton.

Lancs Harp
06-08-2018, 11:15 AM
No idea - I’ve been on holiday and only seen the last 2 matches. I was expecting Bogdan to be an absolute bombscare based on what I’d read and been told.

Funny thing was those claiming to have seen him play for Liverpool as additional evidence - he played for them twice. :hilarious

Thats two league games I think. He played a few cup matches on top of that too.

Northernhibee
06-08-2018, 11:15 AM

Not Lewie?

JeMeSouviens
06-08-2018, 11:18 AM
It's an old cliche, but he really is like a new signing.

hibee-boys
06-08-2018, 11:18 AM
His crossing was good today but we never got enough men in the box to capitalise. Another very good performance and it give Lennon a nice headache for Thursday or the near future if McLaren plays with Kamberi. Do you play Boyle or SDG. Pretty tricky as although Boyle has been great we look so much better at the back when SDG plays.

I suspect we'll see SDG right wing back with Boyle up top with Kamberi for a couple of reasons (a) Mclaren not yet fully up to speed and (b) playing Boyle RWB from the start too offensive that early in a european tie. I would imagine Mclaren will come on at some point with who he replaces being determined by how the game is panning out.

And got to admit I wrote Gray off at the end of last season, thought he'd play little part this year. Glad he's proved me wrong!👍

Danderhall Hibs
06-08-2018, 11:20 AM
Thats two league games I think. He played a few cup matches on top of that too.

You’re right - he played 4 cup games as well.

Sean1875
06-08-2018, 11:22 AM
I love him more and more every time I see him, he's bee outstanding in every game this season. A genuine legend :not worth

The Green Goblin
06-08-2018, 11:24 AM
Resting him. The same why McGregor wasn't playing today. Big game this Thursday and will be needed.

Nothing against McGregor, but I was happy to see Porteous on and hope he gets a lot more games this year.

Baader
06-08-2018, 11:24 AM
The King of Easter Road.

Seveno
06-08-2018, 12:24 PM
He had some outstanding tackles and covered the whole pitch. A magnificent player and captain.

hibbydog
06-08-2018, 12:40 PM

This in spades.

The 92nd minute winning goal having just been down injured and no subs left. Picked himself up and made history.

I often use this as an example to my kids about not always taking the easy option and what you can achieve if you make the right decision.

I foo-hucking love the guy. I’m now jumping around the living room feeling totally inspired.

GGTTH

Dashing Bob S
06-08-2018, 01:09 PM
Thought he was finished. A full season out at his age, well...

Was completely wrong. He’s back, rejuvenated, better and more inspirational than ever.

Greentinted
06-08-2018, 03:16 PM
Like many I feared his injuries had got the better of him but he looked excellent yesterday. Watching the re-run and seeing him in close-up, he looks butcher’s dug fit. Hopefully another season to remember beckons for him.
He deserves it, another really likeable lad who has come to typify this current Hibernian era.

Lemonade
06-08-2018, 03:24 PM
Not Lewie?

2 cups Stevenson will always be up there too.
Both legends so unfair to compare.

JDHibs
06-08-2018, 03:36 PM
Thought there was more chance of SDG retiring than coming back if im honest.

Takes mental strength to come back from the season he had last season. It genuinely is like a new signing given how little he played last season, well done to Hibs and Mr Gray for getting him fighting fit again.

Been excellent the few games hes played so far.

Hibbyradge
06-08-2018, 04:11 PM
I love that Leeann refers to him as SDG too.

The whole club is on the crest of a wave just now.

Or are we? Maybe we're only half way up the wave...

ian cruise
06-08-2018, 04:28 PM
Thought he was finished. A full season out at his age, well...

Was completely wrong. He’s back, rejuvenated, better and more inspirational than ever.

I keep seeing people talking about his age but is he not only 29/30? I'd hope he's still got at least 3 years left.

famousfife
06-08-2018, 09:27 PM
Looked like he took a knock in the 1st minute when the keeper wiped him out! Probably the reason he was taken off in the second half.

Sir David Gray
06-08-2018, 09:41 PM
I keep seeing people talking about his age but is he not only 29/30? I'd hope he's still got at least 3 years left.

He was 30 in May.