PDA

View Full Version : 17,494

Dashing Bob S
05-08-2018, 04:07 PM
Pretty damn good for an opening game against Motherwell.

tanfield
05-08-2018, 04:52 PM
Loads of empty seats in the home stands though

lord bunberry
05-08-2018, 04:56 PM
Loads of empty seats in the home stands though
I think loads of these seats might have been released for resale if there was an option on the website to do so. The fact that some fans were looking for something back for releasing their seats means it’s not in the clubs interest to do that when they can just sell tickets in the south.

mayo hibee
05-08-2018, 04:58 PM
Roughly how many Well supporters?

The_Sauz
05-08-2018, 05:02 PM
Roughly how many Well supporters?

Johnny Clash
05-08-2018, 05:06 PM
Don’t leave releasing your seat too late. You need to contact the ticket office at least 2 hrs before kickoff as the Pods take over after that.

mayo hibee
05-08-2018, 05:10 PM

First game last year there was about 150 more in the stadium. But Thistle brought a much bigger away support that day than Well did today. So a decent improvement in our home attendance one year on, which is impressive when you consider that last year's game was our first top division game for three years so had an added novelty value.

snooky
05-08-2018, 06:04 PM
Don't want to turn this positive thread into a negative one but, WTF's going on with the ticket office?
Two hatches opened just before the end of the game then then a total of three after the final whistle. (Three or four remaining shut. At least they were when I left). There were approx 17500 supporters in the ground and a lot of who, like us, would want tickets for Thursday's game.
Jeez, I've never dealt with an organisation that excels so much at hindering people putting their money in its pocket. A few folk got fed up at the slow movement of the lines and left, probably never to be seen on Thursday night. I must admit, I was tempted to do the same.

CL0762
05-08-2018, 06:16 PM
Don't want to turn this positive thread into a negative one but, WTF's going on with the ticket office?
Two hatches opened just before the end of the game then then a total of three after the final whistle. (Three or four remaining shut. At least they were when I left). There were approx 17500 supporters in the ground and a lot of who, like us, would want tickets for Thursday's game.
Jeez, I've never dealt with an organisation that excels so much at hindering people putting their money in its pocket. A few folk got fed up at the slow movement of the lines and left, probably never to be seen on Thursday night. I must admit, I was tempted to do the same.

It was even worse before the game.

They had 2 windows open to deal with what must’ve been hundreds of people who had faulty cards/didn’t receive theirs.

Missed the first 25 mins of the game because of it, very poorly managed IMO.

RyeSloan
05-08-2018, 06:22 PM

Maybe I’m being a bit slow but why does anyone need to go to the ticket office to get a ticket for the game on Thur?

I get the complaints about before the game as there was sure to be some first game of the season ticket issues.

dp00
05-08-2018, 06:26 PM
For the first league game stewards should be allowed to make a decision weather to let you in or not if there are issues with instructions to go to ticket office before the next game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SouthMoroccoStu
05-08-2018, 06:26 PM

It certainly sounded like the stadium announcer said that

Luck if there was 250

WhileTheChief..
05-08-2018, 06:28 PM
Maybe I’m being a bit slow but why does anyone need to go to the ticket office to get a ticket for the game on Thur?

I get the complaints about before the game as there was sure to be some first game of the season ticket issues.

Yeah I was wondering the same. I’ve not used the ticket office in person for anything for years.

Todays massive queue for example, what was that for??

Diclonius
05-08-2018, 06:29 PM
For the first half of the decade we'd have struggled to get that v Hearts let alone Motherwell.

Lago
05-08-2018, 06:33 PM
Pretty damn good for an opening game against Motherwell.
Tell you what beat a number of clubs in the English Championship.

cabbageandribs1875
05-08-2018, 06:33 PM

i've not had a look online again but there was no option for print at home for thursday, i'm able to go in one day before thursday to change my seat but others may not be able to and today was best/only chance to pick tickets up for thursday, we have the technology so why no print at home option :(

just a thought

Hermit Crab
05-08-2018, 06:35 PM

Luck if there was 250

Rubbish, there was at least 700 well fans

Sir David Gray
05-08-2018, 06:35 PM
For the first half of the decade we'd have struggled to get that v Hearts let alone Motherwell.

:agree: 5 years ago in the season we were relegated, we started the season at home to Motherwell, losing 1-0 and the attendance was 9,237.

Funnily enough the referee that day was also Bobby Madden.

Hermit Crab
05-08-2018, 06:37 PM

Molde tickets are sold out until 10am tomorrow so it must have been ST holders queuing, easily bought online though.

BoomtownHibees
05-08-2018, 06:39 PM

Luck if there was 250

Nonsense

eezyrider
05-08-2018, 06:44 PM
i've not had a look online again but there was no option for print at home for thursday, i'm able to go in one day before thursday to change my seat but others may not be able to and today was best/only chance to pick tickets up for thursday, we have the technology so why no print at home option :(

just a thought

Print at home was an option when I got my Molde tickets yesterday.

EZ

RyeSloan
05-08-2018, 06:44 PM

just a thought

Print at home has always been an option when I’ve bought tickets and can see that it’s an option right now for Molde (this thread reminded me I hadn’t got around to buying mine yet [emoji23])

Anyhoo slightly OT from the OP...as it is anyone thinking 17.5k for Motherwell at home is poor or disappointing needs their head looked at! Largest crowds at ER just now for many a decade and the south lower was as good as full as well.

Carheenlea
05-08-2018, 06:49 PM
Scottish football is all the better with a strong Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen. Decent sized stadiums well filled every week, ST sales continuing to rise and a feel good factor around the bigger clubs. Makes up for the few duff crowds at duff grounds which will always be the case for some, but the SPFL is in good shape right now.

Sir David Gray
05-08-2018, 06:54 PM

Luck if there was 250

250 Motherwell fans?

They filled half of the bottom tier of the south stand. Considering the stand holds over 3500, I would say they had considerably more than 250 fans there today.

Malthibby
05-08-2018, 07:06 PM
250 Motherwell fans?

They filled half of the bottom tier of the south stand. Considering the stand holds over 3500, I would say they had considerably more than 250 fans there today.

Yup, pretty good support considering their home attendances.
GG

Nakedmanoncrack
05-08-2018, 07:30 PM
Yup, pretty good support considering their home attendances.
GG

Good Motherwell support, almost filling their allocated section - few of the 'lesser' provincial teams will better that this season.

franks
05-08-2018, 07:37 PM

Spot on, onwards and upwards.

Cardinal G
05-08-2018, 08:05 PM
It was even worse before the game.

They had 2 windows open to deal with what must’ve been hundreds of people who had faulty cards/didn’t receive theirs.

Missed the first 25 mins of the game because of it, very poorly managed IMO.

Foolishly left my card at home, joined queue at 14.30, got replacement at 15.30, my fault I know but only 2 windows for well over 120 people when I joined, whereas the staff from the two windows for collections had nowt to do after 15.10 until 15.25 when one window was opened.

HibbyAndy
05-08-2018, 08:07 PM
:agree: 5 years ago in the season we were relegated, we started the season at home to Motherwell, losing 1-0 and the attendance was 9,237.

That was the game Alex Harris was snapped and ruled out for the season , He never recovered.

Famous Fiver
05-08-2018, 08:09 PM
The Motherwell fans were a noisy lot until the second goal went in.

I think their drum disappeared at half time.

Billy Whizz
05-08-2018, 08:11 PM
Was Tam Cowan at the game?

GRA
05-08-2018, 08:16 PM

Funnily enough the referee that day was also Bobby Madden.Just after Malmo beat us 7-0 and fans were vociferously calling for Pat Fenlon's head... changed days!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Famous Fiver
05-08-2018, 08:32 PM
After Mr Cowan bigging up Hearts yesterday on his radio stint and nominating them for his team of the day I look forward to his comments on our performance when he surfaces next Saturday.

The silence will be deafening.

Bishop Hibee
05-08-2018, 08:39 PM
Acquaintance of mine was at Easter Road for the first time today with his 6 year old daughter. Derby County fan originally but now lives in Edinburgh. He enjoyed the game and will definitely be back.

Borderhibbie76
05-08-2018, 09:43 PM

Funnily enough the referee that day was also Bobby Madden.I remember that we were awful...was that just after the 7 nil drubbing from Malmo?? Changed days indeed ah

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Keith_M
05-08-2018, 09:52 PM

Luck if there was 250

The sections they were allocated has around 1,000 seats, and it looked reasonably full from where I was sitting.

EricStoner
05-08-2018, 10:12 PM
Christ, guys! Opening day wasn't that bad under Fenlon😒! Some opening days in the 80s & 90s were horror shows.
I shuddered yesterday at the thought of it being exactly 20 years ago that I rode from London to Greenock on a hired 400cc bike to watch the great Barry Lavety bag a 92nd-minute winner. Some **** had chiselled the ignition out of my machine overnight Thurs/Fri. I was still vibrating when I got off in West Blackhall Street for a quick pre-match lunch. And I had to ride 430 miles back. Tuesday at Firhill (I think) v. Accies, Stuart Lovell 90th minute winner, wasn't a big improvement. As for the opening home game the following week...
Aye, well, we're still making progress. Long may it continue.

Dr_Regal
05-08-2018, 10:29 PM
Def at least 700 well fans. Noisey bunch.

As the Motherwell young boys started to sneak out with their drum, a boy in the lower West corner was screaming for them to play another hit before they go. 😂

Fiasco at the ticket office before the game.

monktonharp
05-08-2018, 10:39 PM

Luck if there was 250behave. there was easily that

NAE NOOKIE
05-08-2018, 10:39 PM
Great crowd …. there's no point folk going on about the empty seats spattered about, they have been sold and therefor will be counted in the attendance.

Ronniekirk
05-08-2018, 10:44 PM
I was in the Que for 40 minutes one person kept one window occupied for about twenty five minutes

Sir David Gray
05-08-2018, 10:46 PM
I was in the Queen for 40 minutes one person kept one window occupied for about twenty five minutes

That's far too much information!

monktonharp
05-08-2018, 10:49 PM
I was in the Que for 40 minutes one person kept one window occupied for about twenty five minutesso you were "in" the queen, for as long as 40 mins? you naughty boy.took you a minute to edit that one Ronnie

Ronniekirk
05-08-2018, 10:52 PM
so you were "in" the queen, for as long as 40 mins? you naughty boy.took you a minute to edit that one Ronnie

Told you I had posted some bloomers lol

monktonharp
05-08-2018, 10:53 PM
C'mon Leann. get to grips with the situation early this season please. don't give us the auld...you can book online guff. we don't all do that and when we try, half the time it disnae work! 2 people behind a counter, under huge pressure at times, why no try a wee shot doing it yersel?

Hermit Crab
05-08-2018, 11:12 PM
C'mon Leann. get to grips with the situation early this season please. don't give us the auld...you can book online guff. we don't all do that and when we try, half the time it disnae work! 2 people behind a counter, under huge pressure at times, why no try a wee shot doing it yersel?

Its holiday time when staff are on annual leave. The fans reps should be stepping up and volunteering their services to help the club and the fans out imo. They can take their place in the directors box when the queues have been busted.

snooky
05-08-2018, 11:21 PM
The Motherwell fans were a noisy lot until the second goal went in.

I think their drum disappeared at half time.

I think someone told him to beat it.

GORDONSMITH7
05-08-2018, 11:42 PM
Rubbish, there was at least 700 well fans

Jesus wept, great result, great crowd.....and an argument about how many Motherwell fans there were! Couldnae make it up.

BIG G

Hermit Crab
05-08-2018, 11:45 PM
Jesus wept, great result, great crowd.....and an argument about how many Motherwell fans there were! Couldnae make it up.

BIG G

Its no an argument, the poster says you're lucky if there was 250 M/well fans there which is complete rubbish and thats been pointed out to him a few posters. Great performance, great result = great day. :aok:

BILLYHIBS
06-08-2018, 05:05 AM
Even worse if you are a walk up foreign tourist genuinely interested in football and you just want to take in a game they will not sell you a ticket for Cat A if you are not on their data base £25-£27 Just walks away- would not happen in any other industry might need Donald Trump to sort that one out.Oh and the TO assumes everyone has printing machines at home ....No! It is ok if your employer has but might be classed nowadays as a disciplinary and what if you are unemployed retired or unable to work because of a disability. It is like they do not want your cash...need to be more user friendly remember the customer is king!

Mr_F
06-08-2018, 02:44 PM

Wow!!

Shows how far we've moved forward :flag: