PDA

View Full Version : Molde Beer prices

ArmadaleHibs
05-08-2018, 12:49 AM
Found this on cost of living in Molde for those of us that will be wanting to try and drink the place dry lol. An average of prices for things like Beer, food etc...

Not really as bad as first thought if you stick to domestic beers or bottles.

cannot wait GGTTH

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/in/Molde-Norway?displayCurrency=GBP

Nameless
05-08-2018, 07:00 AM
Judging by that, Molde seems an affluent place, or is that pretty standard for Norway?

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

TRC
05-08-2018, 07:13 AM
I think that's wishful thinking, living in Sweden and when you get people from Norway coming here and they are so happy at the "cheap" booze 50kr (£4.5) upwards in most places.

IGRIGI
05-08-2018, 07:13 AM
Judging by that, Molde seems an affluent place, or is that pretty standard for Norway?

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

It's amazing what they have done with independence and oil :greengrin.

SChibs
05-08-2018, 07:24 AM
Pretty sure the laws regarding drinking in Norway are quite strict. I read somewhere you can't buy booze from a shop after 5pm on a Saturday (not sure about the other days) and there's no drinking on the street.

TRC
05-08-2018, 07:26 AM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinmonopolet

RoYO!
05-08-2018, 07:31 AM
I think that's wishful thinking, living in Sweden and when you get people from Norway coming here and they are so happy at the "cheap" booze 50kr (£4.5) upwards in most places.

Cheaper than the Pleasance :D

H18sry
05-08-2018, 08:07 AM
I was there with Scotland a few years back and prices were around 6/7 quid a pint, Molde has only got a couple of hotels and 5 or 6 bars in the area of the town centre which is a 5-minute walk to the stadium.

Juice-Terry
05-08-2018, 08:13 AM
Those prices are guaranteed to be from buying at the state run off licence. You'll need to double that for drinking in the pub.

Billy Whizz
05-08-2018, 08:14 AM
I was there with Scotland a few years back and prices were around 6/7 quid a pint, Molde has only got a couple of hotels and 5 or 6 bars in the area of the town centre which is a 5-minute walk to the stadium.

Are you allowed to drink on the street in molde

LustForLeith
05-08-2018, 08:17 AM
Is it not Norway that you need ID to buy drink and it gets scanned on the actual drink. So if it’s found lying in the street or in the hands of an under ager they can trace it back to who bought it?

H18sry
05-08-2018, 08:22 AM

Dunno the streets were packed solid with 8 inches of ice, so we were not wanting to hang about to see :greengrin

SChibs
05-08-2018, 08:41 AM

I don't think so. I read somewhere even drinking on your balcony is technically illegal. Must be because it's not private as people could see you. I also read Norway has a big alcohol and heroin problem hence the strict drink laws

Keith_M
05-08-2018, 08:43 AM
Molde Beer?

That sounds disgusting!

Keith_M
05-08-2018, 08:46 AM
It's amazing what they have done with independence and oil :greengrin.

They managed to get Independence before they found the oil, so didn't have to subsidize a much larger neighbour with it for 40+ years.

If Scotland ever gets independence, the oil will have long since ran out.

J-C
05-08-2018, 08:47 AM
Found this on cost of living in Molde for those of us that will be wanting to try and drink the place dry lol. An average of prices for things like Beer, food etc...

Not really as bad as first thought if you stick to domestic beers or bottles.

cannot wait GGTTH

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/in/Molde-Norway?displayCurrency=GBP

Type in Edinburgh on the search bit at the top and then the prices change a lot, most things are a lot more expensive but bottle beers seem really cheap, so maybe that's the way to go.

Billy Whizz
05-08-2018, 08:51 AM
They managed to get Independence before they found the oil, so didn't have to subsidize a much larger neighbour with it for 40+ years.

If Scotland ever gets independence, the oil will have long since ran out.

But they are rich due to what they’ve done with the oil monies. Very smart nation

J-C
05-08-2018, 08:55 AM
But they are rich due to what they’ve done with the oil monies. Very smart nation

The oil is all owned by the Norwegian government, unlike here in the UK where we sold off the oil companies we owned, Norway's oil is all theirs, we only get the tax from ours whereas they get the whole lot.

norhfc
05-08-2018, 08:56 AM
Is it not Norway that you need ID to buy drink and it gets scanned on the actual drink. So if it’s found lying in the street or in the hands of an under ager they can trace it back to who bought it?
No, defo not Norway tho they do have strict rules like no sale from shops after 8pm and 6pm on Saturday’s. Learned a lesson there, more than once :agree:

Joe6-2
05-08-2018, 09:07 AM
Molde Beer?

That sounds disgusting!

Had a few of those in my time!