PDA

View Full Version : Let's hope we build on last season

theonlywayisup
04-08-2018, 04:57 PM
I recall reading a quote from Alex Ferguson from circa 1980. His Aberdeen team had done well against the Celtic and The Rangers teams and the other good teams of that era, but struggled against the lesser teams. He was asking his team to become more clinical against those lesser teams.

Last season we matched Celtic in the league. We took more points from The Rangers and Hertz than they took from us. However, we didn't take enough points from St. Johnstone or Hamilton.

This season, we should be looking to achieve maximum points against the bottom six teams. And gain more points against the top six placed teams than they achieve against us.

The following season Ferguson's Aberdeen win the league title for the first time in many years and was the kick start to six or seven years of domestic domination.

Let's hope we continue to improve. Let the fun begin.

wookie70
04-08-2018, 05:06 PM
I recall reading a quote from Alex Ferguson from circa 1980. His Aberdeen team had done well against the Celtic and The Rangers teams and the other good teams of that era, but struggled against the lesser teams. He was asking his team to become more clinical against those lesser teams.

Last season we matched Celtic in the league. We took more points from The Rangers and Hertz than they took from us. However, we didn't take enough points from St. Johnstone or Hamilton.

This season, we should be looking to achieve maximum points against the bottom six teams. And gain more points against the top six placed teams than they achieve against us.

The following season Ferguson's Aberdeen win the league title for the first time in many years and was the kick start to six or seven years of domestic domination.

Let's hope we continue to improve. Let the fun begin.

We will have to get a couple of signings to get up to the standard we were last year and that is if McGinn stays. I agree with the idea though but it will depend on who else we bring in and if they are brought in quick enough for us to still be in a position to progress. No reason why we can't start off strongly but it is not a given

Deejk107
04-08-2018, 05:14 PM
We will have to get a couple of signings to get up to the standard we were last year and that is if McGinn stays. I agree with the idea though but it will depend on who else we bring in and if they are brought in quick enough for us to still be in a position to progress. No reason why we can't start off strongly but it is not a given

I don't understand this logic at all, we know we have a barker replacement coming in and we're only missing McGeouch and Allan at that point, if McGinn goes and we manage to get maybe Mulumbu (or someone like him) and Allan I'd say we're just as strong as last year!

Billy Whizz
04-08-2018, 05:17 PM
I don't understand this logic at all, we know we have a barker replacement coming in and we're only missing McGeouch and Allan at that point, if McGinn goes and we manage to get maybe Mulumbu (or someone like him) and Allan I'd say we're just as strong as last year!

Good point, but we were 4th last season, and want to progress, so lennon will want more and better
We’ve also accumulated some cash from the European run so far

AgentDaleCooper
04-08-2018, 05:39 PM
Good point, but we were 4th last season, and want to progress, so lennon will want more and better
We’ve also accumulated some cash from the European run so far

The squad we finished with last year was good enough to finish 2nd, and a not too distant 2nd at that.

Ozyhibby
04-08-2018, 05:44 PM
Up until Xmas we were still not scoring enough goals. We have improved that a lot. 2nd is well within out reach if we replace Mcginn and McGeogh properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk