PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton are...not very good.

ekhibee
04-08-2018, 03:51 PM
Wanted to put Hamilton are #$%*£ but admin probably wouldn't have allowed it. Reckon Livvie will finish above them, Hamilton 100/300 to go down with skybet.

HIBERNIAN-0762
04-08-2018, 04:19 PM
They deserve to be relegated on todays result alone 😯

MWHIBBIES
04-08-2018, 04:22 PM
Doesn't matter really, same 3 points you get for beating anyone. Good result for Hearts, no doubt about it.

hibsbollah
04-08-2018, 04:23 PM
To be fair not many teams can stand firm in the face of Leveins Youthquake. What a team. Ikpeazu, the hammer of Hamilton,take a bow.

Keith_M
04-08-2018, 04:27 PM
Funnily enough we had some trouble actually beating them last season.

Either they've gone downhill really fast, or we need to actually give Hearts a bit of credit for annihilating them.

Danderhall Hibs
04-08-2018, 04:28 PM
Does anyone think Hearts are maybe better then we’re giving them credit for?...

SlickShoes
04-08-2018, 04:29 PM
They were garbage last season as well but are clearly capable of playing well in enough games not to get relegated.

The_Horde
04-08-2018, 04:29 PM
Funnily enough we had some trouble actually beating them last season.

Either they've gone downhill really fast, or we need to actually give Hearts a bit of credit for annihilating them.

Hamilton are pish

hibsbollah
04-08-2018, 04:30 PM

I don't understand your point.

Thecat23
04-08-2018, 04:30 PM
Did Hearts actually play well today or were Hamilton that bad?

sauzee=legend
04-08-2018, 04:32 PM
1 game into the season and that lot already have their first penalty of the season!!
Who honestly gets more penalties - hearts or The Rangers?

weecounty hibby
04-08-2018, 04:32 PM
I said in an other thread that they are a certainty to go down and not before time! Brutal team, stadium etc. been very lucky the last couple of seasons and there are better teams in the league this year as well. Decent result for the tarts all the same

Diclonius
04-08-2018, 04:34 PM
Hamilton aren't a bad team; Hearts are just playing well. Underestimate them at our peril.

HibsNutter
04-08-2018, 04:36 PM
Did Hearts actually play well today or were Hamilton that bad?

As with any absolute shafting, I'm sure the answer is a bit of both.

danhibees1875
04-08-2018, 04:38 PM
1 game into the season and that lot already have their first penalty of the season!!
Who honestly gets more penalties - hearts or The Rangers?

The rangers.

But we get even more.

https://www.statbunker.com/competitions/ForPenalty?comp_id=590

Gordy M
Hamilton aren't a bad team; Hearts are just playing well. Underestimate them at our peril.

What peril do i get into if i underestimate them?? We will finish above them this season, im confident of that. Who cares if they beat the worst team in the league. They will be scrapping for top 6 all season.

Ringothedog

Hamilton are dreadful and I couldn’t care less about the team from the other side of the city

coldingham hibs
04-08-2018, 04:40 PM

It’s a tough question. The boy Haring seems to have a knack of getting in the box from midfield and being a converted centre back is a danger with the high ball. Not sure if he is any good on the ground though. Hearts as normal are big & physical and will cause lots of problems with a high ball, they must have about 8 players 6ft plus.

Worst thing is they seem to be scoring a few goals now and it’s from various players not just lavy heid.

badabing67
04-08-2018, 04:47 PM

I think Hamilton are much weaker for example they have lost Templeton, Ali Crawford and Lewis Ferguson to name but a few

badabing67
04-08-2018, 04:50 PM
I said in an other thread that they are a certainty to go down and not before time! Brutal team, stadium etc. been very lucky the last couple of seasons and there are better teams in the league this year as well. Decent result for the tarts all the same

Am I right in thinking they have been up since they put as down. Basses hope they go wi the Yams

Sir David Gray
04-08-2018, 04:54 PM
Am I right in thinking they have been up since they put as down. Basses hope they go wi the Yams

Yes you are correct.

HoboHarry
04-08-2018, 04:56 PM
I think Hamilton are much weaker for example they have lost Templeton, Ali Crawford and Lewis Ferguson to name but a few
I would imagine the financial scam probably stopped them replacing those players with equal quality as well....

California-Hibs
04-08-2018, 04:58 PM
They might close the gap on us this season and just finish the 10 points behind.

Pretty Boy
04-08-2018, 05:03 PM
It's the nature of football fans to pretend rivals are worse than they are. Most Hibs fans I know insist Rudi Skacel wasn't a good player and the few Hearts fans I know do the same with Derek Riordan. Both are wrong but that's football.

Hearts will be better than last year and today was a good win for them, plenty teams, including us, have struggled at Hamilton so I'm not going to pretend it's not a good win. Are they good enough to close the gap on the 4 teams who were significantly better than them last year? That's the real test for them and today doesn't answer that.

hibee316
04-08-2018, 05:19 PM
It's the nature of football fans to pretend rivals are worse than they are. Most Hibs fans I know insist Rudi Skacel wasn't a good player and the few Hearts fans I know do the same with Derek Riordan. Both are wrong but that's football.

Hearts will be better than last year and today was a good win for them, plenty teams, including us, have struggled at Hamilton so I'm not going to pretend it's not a good win. Are they good enough to close the gap on the 4 teams who were significantly better than them last year? That's the real test for them and today doesn't answer that.

Fair and reasonable post.

Borderhibbie76
04-08-2018, 05:24 PM
Does anyone think Hearts are maybe better then we’re giving them credit for?...Said the exact same on today's football thread...we slag off kickbackers for putting us down but some are just as bad on here...I detest the Jambos but no point denying they have improved and will be more of a threat this season...the real question is how much will they have improved as they have a huge gap to bridge...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Gordy M
04-08-2018, 05:29 PM
Said the exact same on today's football thread...we slag off kickbackers for putting us down but some are just as bad on here...I detest the Jambos but no point denying they have improved and will be more of a threat this season...the real question is how much will they have improved as they have a huge gap to bridge...

Right, so, if they are so much improved then there will be no complaints from you if they beat us? Because they are a good team....right? Or.....hopefully like everyone else you think we are better than them? Thats all folk on here are posting as far as i can see?

Lago
04-08-2018, 05:32 PM
I do, said earlier it would be foolish to underestimate them as I think they will have improved on last season.

Borderhibbie76
04-08-2018, 05:34 PM
Right, so, if they are so much improved then there will be no complaints from you if they beat us? Because they are a good team....right? Or.....hopefully like everyone else you think we are better than them? Thats all folk on here are posting as far as i can see? I was suggesting that starting a thread about how cr#p Hamilton are just because Hertz pumped them today was a bit kickback-ish for my liking....I've said in my comments they have a big gap to bridge to catch last season's top 4 and the question is will they have improved enough?? So yes as things stand I do believe we are the better team but we still have work to do - especially if we lose SJM in the next week or so. As for them - there have been a few posts today saying They are still cr#p etc when it's clear they are more of a threat than last season...when they could barely score a goal at times...they've scored 9 in their last 2 - albeit against weaker opposition

Lago
04-08-2018, 05:34 PM
Right, so, if they are so much improved then there will be no complaints from you if they beat us? Because they are a good team....right? Or.....hopefully like everyone else you think we are better than them? Thats all folk on here are posting as far as i can see?
A some what confusing argument if I say so. :rolleyes:

Famous Fiver
04-08-2018, 05:36 PM
Despite the saga of the unfinished stand they have been throwing money hand over fist at their playing resources so logic should dictate that they will improve.

By how much? Time will tell.

Where's the money coming from? Certainly not from football income but from fans donations and 'unknown benefactors' if reports are true.

Perhaps CWG will be able to strip out donations from their income when their next accounts are out to illustrate just how much they are relying on the cash cow etc.

BILLYHIBS
04-08-2018, 05:37 PM
Posted on Sunday after their game at Tinycastle that they look better organised and more of a threat this season plus Naismith seems to be more like his old Hun self after having the benefit of half a season under his belt. It will be a question of which strategy is going to succeed when the transfer window finally closes scatter gun versus cherry picked quality! :wink:

Ralphy C
04-08-2018, 05:38 PM
[QUOTE=]Did Hearts actually play well today or were Hamilton that bad?[/QUOTE
20 attempts,10 on target according to sportscene.

Danderhall Hibs
04-08-2018, 05:40 PM

Can I only complain if we lose if I also say Hearts are murder?

Gordy M
04-08-2018, 05:40 PM
A some what confusing argument if I say so. :rolleyes:

Il simplify it then.....will they finish above us?

Hi Heid Yin
04-08-2018, 05:41 PM
Early doors for all teams, but the Jambos look like they might have addressed last-seasons "scoring" problem.
They have found the back of the net far more easily these first few games.

Levein always goes for " Big" and "Brawn" and this always makes a team "dangerous" and "difficult to beat".

As always, though, each team needs to get through the first round of fixtures before a more accurate assessment can be made.

Gordy M
04-08-2018, 05:41 PM
Can I only complain if we lose if I also say Hearts are murder?

Yeh good point mate.....il ask you the same.....will they fi ish above us in your opinion?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-08-2018, 05:44 PM
Think hearts have defo improved but many just don’t want to believe it or say it.

Danderhall Hibs
04-08-2018, 05:44 PM
Yeh good point mate.....il ask you the same.....will they fi ish above us in your opinion?

No. But I don’t think they’ll be relegated either and will be comfortably in the top 6.

SirDavidsNapper
04-08-2018, 05:45 PM
Hearts pumped a team away from home on day one. Cracking result regardless of opposition. If that was us we'd be delighted. Just need to hit the ground running ourselves and rattle a few past Motherwell.

Gordy M
04-08-2018, 05:50 PM
Think hearts have defo improved but many just don’t want to believe it or say it.

No hearts beat a couple of teams they should be beating and some folk are on here telling us how much improved they are.....lets wait and see.

J-C
04-08-2018, 05:50 PM
TBF that was a good result for hearts today and we cannot afford to get complacent because we were so much better last season and doing well in the Europa league, we'll have to see a few more results like this before we start to worry about them, I can't see them being as bad as last season but they should still be 4th or 5th.

bodhibs
04-08-2018, 06:02 PM
Slumbos aside Hamilton are rank and I hope they and their shan pitch gtf this season

CorrieHibs
04-08-2018, 06:04 PM

Yup. Said it on a previous thread. I think Hearts will be a lot better this season

NAE NOOKIE
04-08-2018, 06:07 PM
If you kick off the season with a big win away from home then that gives room for optimism …. its just stupid to dismiss a result like that based on last season because this is a very different Hertz team from then. How much worse Hamilton are and how much better Hertz are is impossible to say based on one result, but given the players Hamilton have lost and the number of new players Hertz have the answer is probably somewhere in the middle IE Hamilton have gotten worse and Hertz have gotten better.

As another poster said, lets wait until the first quarter of the season has passed before we start wetting ourselves over other teams results. It will be interesting to see how we get on tomorrow, I for one have no idea how its going to go, there is a chance fatigue could be a factor and quite frankly I have no idea if Motherwell are better or worse since last season. In the circumstances any kind of a win will do, but if it was to end up going badly I don't think I'll be ready to panic just yet :greengrin

Zazu62
04-08-2018, 06:10 PM
Naismith is still decent, he’s only 30/31?

WhileTheChief..
04-08-2018, 06:16 PM
We’ve been waiting months to discuss some actual football!

Now you want to wait until a quarter of the season has passed before commenting on teams and results?!

Hearts are maybe better than last season but they won’t finish anywhere near us.

Are you guys forgetting their recent league cup games? They were brutal.

matty_f
04-08-2018, 06:17 PM

They're crap odds.

Lago
04-08-2018, 06:28 PM
Il simplify it then.....will they finish above us?
No idea, and neither do you unless you have access to a crystal ball.

Gordy M
04-08-2018, 06:30 PM
No idea, and neither do you unless you have access to a crystal ball.

Im asking your opinion. Do you THINK they will finish above us?

SirDavidsNapper
04-08-2018, 06:32 PM

Thats mental. I thought he was 34-35

wookie70
04-08-2018, 06:35 PM
They have a big squad with youth, experience and so e bruisers. It is a formula that has worked well for them and even though they were crap last year they were still in the top six. We will have a good season if we finish above them as that will likely mean Europe ahain

alihibs1
04-08-2018, 06:44 PM
Good result but a pish Hearts team who finished 20 points behind us won 3-0 through there last season. Till too early to tell if they have significantly improved.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Paul1642
04-08-2018, 08:26 PM
They play celtic next weekend. Much better judgement of whether they have improved or not

Forza Fred
04-08-2018, 08:40 PM
Not welcomed on these pages probably, but we will face a significantly improved Rangers and Hearts this season.

Hardly surprising, as you only get one Cathro or McMurtie in a generation.

We will see whether we are as good as, or better or worse than last year at the conclusion of the transfer window.

Bit early to confidently predict the footballing food chain after one incomplete round though.

SirDavidsNapper
04-08-2018, 08:45 PM
Hearts are looking better there's no doubt but Lennon won't let standards slip and I'm very excited for what WE may achieve this season. It's shaping up to be memorable.

JohnMcM
04-08-2018, 09:01 PM
Green specs off, that's a good start for any team at Hamilton. If we are honest, we would be happy to win 4-1 there.
:flag:

The_Horde
04-08-2018, 09:03 PM
Green specs off, that's a good start for any team at Hamilton. If we are honest, we would be happy to win 4-1 there.
:flag:

Hamilton sit in against football teams and make it hard. They struggle against hoof merchants. Pitch plays a big part.

Carheenlea
04-08-2018, 09:07 PM
Hamilton will be on receiving end of many results like the one earlier this afternoon, but a good result for Hearts nonetheless and one we’d be delighted with to kick off our league campaign. We face a sterner test against Motherwell, but a win of any description will be welcomed. There is potential for a really good league this season.

Diclonius
04-08-2018, 09:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUSCBnmSWqI

hibbyfraelibby
04-08-2018, 09:40 PM
I reckon Hamilton are pisher than last season and Hurtz pishiness is marinally better. Important 3points for them and should see them avoid the automatic relegation spot:wink::wink:

Benji1
04-08-2018, 10:38 PM
Would much rather play gid fitba and see where it takes us than have a team full of physical players and kick folk. Never understood how hearts fans can watch that scheight... they’re no right

SideBurns
04-08-2018, 11:20 PM
We can't beat Hearts at Tynie - the fact they have a wee *****y narrow pitch disnae help - but generally play them off the park at Easter Road without hammering them.

This season is unlikely to be any easier.

Baw187
04-08-2018, 11:31 PM
I think a combination of Hearts improving and us maybe not being as sharp this year might mean things are a bit closer than we’d joe. But that’s me just basing my expectations on what tends to happen after we have a decent season in the past and probably being overly pessimistic as a result. We can’t have had many back to back strong seasons against them that I can recall of.

Also, speaking to a Jambo tonight at a wedding, apparently they have over 20k(?) FoH donators. He personally does £25 a month and if that’s the average then that is a load of cash. Hence they can splash 10k pw wagers on Lafferty and Naismith.

I’d love it if we could get 20k HSL donators. Think of the damage we could do with that extra cash.

Oh, and Hamilton are gash.

Austinho
04-08-2018, 11:47 PM
Hamilton have been the turd that just won't flush the past few seasons. Hopefully it's their time this year.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
05-08-2018, 05:34 AM
I think a combination of Hearts improving and us maybe not being as sharp this year might mean things are a bit closer than we’d joe. But that’s me just basing my expectations on what tends to happen after we have a decent season in the past and probably being overly pessimistic as a result. We can’t have had many back to back strong seasons against them that I can recall of.

Also, speaking to a Jambo tonight at a wedding, apparently they have over 20k(?) FoH donators. He personally does £25 a month and if that’s the average then that is a load of cash. Hence they can splash 10k pw wagers on Lafferty and Naismith.

I’d love it if we could get 20k HSL donators. Think of the damage we could do with that extra cash.

Oh, and Hamilton are gash.

Thought it was 8k?

Not like a jambo to exaggerate though...

8k is still v impressive, btw.

SouthMoroccoStu
05-08-2018, 06:18 AM
Hamilton have been the turd that just won't flush the past few seasons. Hopefully it's their time this year.

Perfect summary

They’ve lost their few good player who haven’t been replaced

Hope they get relegated and never come back to the top flight

Baw187
05-08-2018, 08:46 AM
Thought it was 8k?

Not like a jambo to exaggerate though...

8k is still v impressive, btw.

Ha ha! Thought that sounded high! Still though, as you say 8k will still mean a lot of dosh.

J-C
05-08-2018, 08:50 AM
Ha ha! Thought that sounded high! Still though, as you say 8k will still mean a lot of dosh.

£20k a month is not to be laughed at, 4 players wages.

bruno
05-08-2018, 09:41 AM
£20k a month is not to be laughed at, 4 players wages.

It’s £8k at an average of £15 a month so brings in £120k a month
Yes Hamilton were poor and I think they’ll struggle this season. Couple pacy players up front caused Aaron Hughes some problems but I am quietly confident we will do far better this season especially as we have finally got some width and pace in the team and playing with 2 up top
Naismith is going to be key to our change of link up play this season

danhibees1875
05-08-2018, 10:14 AM
They play celtic next weekend. Much better judgement of whether they have improved or not

They'll get horsed off Celtic and that doesn't show much either.

Their results against us, sheep, rangers, Killie will be the telling ones.

I'd love to win a game by 3 goals; particularly an opening one away from home. Hopefully we get off to a similar start today.

green day
05-08-2018, 10:33 AM
They'll get horsed off Celtic and that doesn't show much either.

Their results against us, sheep, rangers, Killie will be the telling ones.

I'd love to win a game by 3 goals; particularly an opening one away from home. Hopefully we get off to a similar start today.

A significantly more pish hearts team horsed Celtc 4 zip last season, and due to being that pish last season they dont have the distraction of European competition.

Thecat23
05-08-2018, 10:41 AM
A significantly more pish hearts team horsed Celtc 4 zip last season, and due to being that pish last season they dont have the distraction of European competition.

That game was never a 4-0 doing. Everything broke to them on the day. The game itself was fairly even. Hearts were clinical though. I reckon 3-1 or 3-0 Celtic this time.

Steve20
05-08-2018, 10:59 AM
That game was never a 4-0 doing. Everything broke to them on the day. The game itself was fairly even. Hearts were clinical though. I reckon 3-1 or 3-0 Celtic this time.

Hearts were easily better that day.

I agree next week will be different though. 3-1 Celtic seems about right.

J-C
05-08-2018, 11:00 AM
Yes Hamilton were poor and I think they’ll struggle this season. Couple pacy players up front caused Aaron Hughes some problems but I am quietly confident we will do far better this season especially as we have finally got some width and pace in the team and playing with 2 up top

Forgot the 1 in front of the 20, was meant to be £120k :greengrin

danhibees1875
05-08-2018, 11:03 AM

That won't be replicated for a very long time. 😊

andybev1
05-08-2018, 11:28 AM
We have the advantage of being better up front than this time last year, up to Christmas. Maybe not so strong in midfield but Mallan has prove to be a good signing and if celtic don't cut their nose of to spite their face we maybe get even better with
scot alan
We should hopefully get less draws this year. The question will be are we better than Aberdeen and rangers and can we beat celtic the odd game. As usual the answer is consistency.

One thing I am a bit worried about is out defence and the fact that we let too many needless goals in. Ambrose can be so solid but why he chooses to go backward at times or plays it across the back when a ball or run forward is painfully obviously the best and safest route.

Porteous should hopefully be a regular player by the end of the season, great player.

Great time to be a Hibby :nlgwa

SideBurns
05-08-2018, 11:40 AM

Tbh, other than the fact i can't stand Levein, it won't bother me if Hearts have a good side this season- as long as Hibs have a better one 😀

Despite all the big team/ wee team nonsense, anyone with half a brain knows that Hibs and Hearts are of a similar size and there is no logical reason why one should be consistently superior to the other. Both are huge clubs in a Scottish context and should be competing at the top end of the table.

where'stheslope
05-08-2018, 05:58 PM
Looking at last season, Hertz were crap, hardly won away from home, so starting this season with a win away from home has to be a bonus!
They have gone for another new team, ( seems to be every year now?) everyone knows that they will get better, its just by how much????