PDA

View Full Version : Starting XI v Motherwell

AngusHibby
04-08-2018, 07:35 AM
Will Jamie Mac play? How many players will we rest ahead of the Molde game? Will SJM start? Any chance of a return for Rocky?

Thoughts on a postcard please

makaveli1875
04-08-2018, 07:40 AM
Bogdan

Hanlon
Ambrose
Porteous

SDG
Mallan
Slivka
SJM
Stevenson

Shaw
Maclaren

Hibeewilly
04-08-2018, 07:44 AM
Bogdan

Hanlon
Ambrose
Porteous

SDG
Mallan
Slivka
SJM
Stevenson

Shaw
Maclaren
McGregor and Kamberi will play if fit....why no Boyle?

macca70
04-08-2018, 07:46 AM
This is going to be tough!!

Team wouldnt have got back til Friday so only Today to prepare, i’d assume some light training, Thursday was a hard game with a lot of effort put in. How often do you see teams play in Europe on a Thursday night then lose a winnable game on the Sunday.

We need to get Boyle back on the wing, McLaren must be match ready, he’ll have been training almost every day whilst at the World Cup. So J Mac and Flo up front with Boyle back to his winger role.

Our defence is a shambles just now and i really think it because we are desperate to play 3 centre half’s, Lennon wants to play McGregor, Hanlon and Efe although it’s quite clear it doesn’t work.

IMO, he should play a 442 with a back 4 of Stevenson, Hanlon, McGregor and Gray. I like big Efe, maybe a bit harsh to drop him but he was defo at fault for the goal and almost identical mistake just before the goal.

Defo can’t drop Big Bogdan after a man of the match performance.

Pretty Boy
04-08-2018, 08:03 AM
If there are no knocks then same team as Thursday.

We can't carry a Celtic size squad so we just need to get on with things. There's very little on the bench currently that I would make changes to accomodate. Porteous or Swanson would be my go to if a defender or midfielder is feeling it.

Longer term I think getting Boyle back wide is the way to go but Gray is crucial at the minute.

HFCdeb
04-08-2018, 08:12 AM

Team wouldnt have got back til Friday so only Today to prepare, i’d assume some light training, Thursday was a hard game with a lot of effort put in. How often do you see teams play in Europe on a Thursday night then lose a winnable game on the Sunday.

We need to get Boyle back on the wing, McLaren must be match ready, he’ll have been training almost every day whilst at the World Cup. So J Mac and Flo up front with Boyle back to his winger role.

Our defence is a shambles just now and i really think it because we are desperate to play 3 centre half’s, Lennon wants to play McGregor, Hanlon and Efe although it’s quite clear it doesn’t work.

IMO, he should play a 442 with a back 4 of Stevenson, Hanlon, McGregor and Gray. I like big Efe, maybe a bit harsh to drop him but he was defo at fault for the goal and almost identical mistake just before the goal.

3 at the back worked superbly when we had McGeouch sitting in front of them breaking plays down and generally just being a class act. I hope we can get a similar player to him in because 352 is a really exciting way for us to play.
442 will have to do if we can't get a Dylan type in.

Viva_Palmeiras
04-08-2018, 08:15 AM
Surprised Lewy played on will he make it tomorrow?

pacoluna
04-08-2018, 08:18 AM

If we go to a flat back four it will be McG who gets dropped.

AngusHibby
04-08-2018, 08:19 AM
Motherwell's preparation also far from ideal. Bowman and Dunne injured + Kipre offski. Would fancy our chances without a few key players

danhibees1875
04-08-2018, 08:20 AM
Depends how bad a knock Lewis got. If he's not 100% I'd find a way to rest him as we've no cover to be without him for a longer period of time.
Assuming Kamberi played through a bit of pain (his knee was wrapped up) then I'd give him a rest too. McLaren in, or Shaw if Jamie isn't ready yet.
Otherwise, unless someone else is too knackered I think it'll be pretty much the same again.

Bogdan
Ambrose McGregor Hanlon
SDG Mallan Slivka McGinn(until 70') Whittaker
Boyle McLaren

If fitness is an issue, we could still bring in Porteous, Swanson, Bartley, or Shaw

Tug Wilson
04-08-2018, 08:21 AM
I wonder if we will see a 4-3-3 formation a few times this season?

Flo and Jamie up front with Squirrel wide right and occasionally switching to the left. Currently McGinn, Slivka and Mallan as a midfield unit and a back 4 of Lewis, Paul, Efe and Sir David.

If SJM goes then I am sure further signings will come in but only looking at current squad just now.

Tyler Durden
04-08-2018, 08:23 AM
I think people are a bit carried away with slagging the defence. Between January and May we had plenty of clean sheets in the league. The last few games were bananas but that was just end of season madness.

3 at the back suits us because Hanlon and Efe can step out and create over loads. It also lets us play 2 strikers and still have depth in midfield.

Anyway I’d rest Boyle for Thursday with Jamie Mac coming in. And maybe bring in Porteous for McGregor to give him a rest too.

Don’t think the players will be too fazed by another game so quick at this time of year

JackHibs
04-08-2018, 08:23 AM
Unless someone is carrying an injury or genuinely struggling I don’t think we need to be resting anyone at this point in the season, at the end of the day the league is priority and winning games like this is a must. We need our best players on the park, keep the confidence high and ride the wave

J-C
04-08-2018, 08:37 AM
4-3-3

Bogdan

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Malian
Slivka
McGinn

Boyle
MacLaren
Kamberi

Elephant Stone
04-08-2018, 08:58 AM
Kamberi has been wearing some sort of support thing on his knee so obviously has some sort of issue at the moment, I'd be going with Maclaren and Shaw up front for sure. Hoping to see Bartley and Porteous as well.

makaveli1875
04-08-2018, 09:00 AM
McGregor and Kamberi will play if fit....why no Boyle?

Kamberi was playing with his knee heavily strapped and got clattered a few times on thursday . Id rather not risk his knee further against motherwells hatchet men , Boyle needs to be fit and fresh for Molde not battered and bruised , and Porteous needs the odd game to stay sharp

Hibeewilly
04-08-2018, 09:12 AM
Kamberi was playing with his knee heavily strapped and got clattered a few times on thursday . Id rather not risk his knee further against motherwells hatchet men , Boyle needs to be fit and fresh for Molde not battered and bruised , and Porteous needs the odd game to stay sharp
I think the league is more important so if the players have recovered it's the strongest team for me

Borderhibbie76
04-08-2018, 09:13 AM
Kamberi has been wearing some sort of support thing on his knee so obviously has some sort of issue at the moment, I'd be going with Maclaren and Shaw up front for sure. Hoping to see Bartley and Porteous as well.He has a bit of fluid on his knee - Lennon said pre match in Tripoli

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
04-08-2018, 09:15 AM
I think the league is more important so if the players have recovered it's the strongest team for me

It's a balancing act imo.

League is obviously important because it's the bread and butter. On the flip side we are a couple of ties away from mega bucks for a club like Hibs in Europe. Even just progressing past Molde is another big cash injection. Then to counter that if we don't do well in the league we won't have that chance again next year.

I suppose what I am trying to say is everything is important at the minute.

makaveli1875
04-08-2018, 09:16 AM

Both are important , a couple more wins in europe would bring in more money than 30 league wins .

IGRIGI
04-08-2018, 09:18 AM
Bogdan

Ambrose
McGregor
Hanlon

Boyle
Mallan
Slivka
Mcginn
Stevenson

Kamberi
Maclaren

Strongest team possible for me, hopefully this early in the season fatigue isn't an issue.

Scooter
04-08-2018, 09:21 AM

League is obviously important because it's the bread and butter. On the flip side we are a couple of ties away from mega bucks for a club like Hibs in Europe. Even just progressing past Molde is another big cash injection. Then to counter that if we don't do well in the league we won't have that chance again next year.

It's a good point regarding the money. Best case scenario we will have 4 games (3 league 1 cup) before group stages. If Lennon was to make Europe his piriorty short term again worst case scenario is we would be 9 points down and out the cup if you understand what I mean? 9 points isn't alot when the season is only 3 games old

danhibees1875
04-08-2018, 09:21 AM
Both are important , a couple more wins in europe would bring in more money than 30 league wins .

We've a whole season to catch up 2/3 points, but a fantasic European opportunity right in front of us. I'm not saying to play a second string team, but if someone isn't entirely fit, rest them for Thursday.

We can play for a whole year, and if we're lucky we'll qualify for Europe. If we're lucky again we'll get to where we are now.

GloryGlory
04-08-2018, 10:42 AM
Bogdan

Ambrose
McGregor
Hanlon

Boyle
Mallan
Slivka
Mcginn
Stevenson

Kamberi
Maclaren

Strongest team possible for me, hopefully this early in the season fatigue isn't an issue.

Are there any suspensions carried over from last season?

makaveli1875
04-08-2018, 10:44 AM

Lenny :greengrin

Smartie
04-08-2018, 10:51 AM
Bogdan

Gray
Porteous
McGregor
Hanlon

Slivka
Bartley
McGinn

Boyle
Kamberi
Swanson

Bartley gets a chance protecting a back 4, Swanson gets a chance cutting in from the left (where he played best for Saints), Porteous gets a game, Stevenson gets a rest and we get to see Hanlon at LB.

Sensible use of subs, looking to give several out of Boyle, Kamberi, Slivka, McGinn or Hanlon a wee rest.

All the usual starters are on the bench if we need them.

Hopefully the players coming in give us something to think about for Thursday.

danhibees1875
04-08-2018, 10:53 AM

I'd forgotten for my team, but Whittaker is apparently. :aok:

GloryGlory
04-08-2018, 10:54 AM
Lenny :greengrin

Ha ha. Of course!

Borderhibbie76
04-08-2018, 11:15 AM
It's a good point regarding the money. Best case scenario we will have 4 games (3 league 1 cup) before group stages. If Lennon was to make Europe his piriorty short term again worst case scenario is we would be 9 points down and out the cup if you understand what I mean? 9 points isn't alot when the season is only 3 games oldWhat a negative outlook mate ...hope the manager and the squad aren't thinking like you- no reason why we can't compete in 2 fronts this early in season with a few tweaks here and there

Tug Wilson
04-08-2018, 12:01 PM
What a negative outlook mate ...hope the manager and the squad aren't thinking like you- no reason why we can't compete in 2 fronts this early in season with a few tweaks here and there

It is always a balance.

There is an argument to rest players tomorrow just because they need it. Nothing to do with another game on Thursday.

I suspect that Lewis will not be available. Guts got him through but I bet it hurts now. Even if there is no major damage he will need to rest it.

With Flo it depends on if it was just a knock that has now subsided or again something that needs rest.

Is Jamie ready to start?

We might see a slight shuffling of the pack and an unusual formation to fit that in.

However it will be and should be the strongest team that we can put out. You always want to get your league season off to a flyer. Especially at home.

Win tomorrow then worry about Thursday!

Hibeewilly
04-08-2018, 12:17 PM

Yes I take the point about the money...….balancing act is probably a good way to put it

DTS
04-08-2018, 12:28 PM
Bogdan

Ambrose
Porteous
Hanlon

Gray
Mallan
Slivka
McGinn
Stevenson

Kamberi/Shaw
Boyle

Think it might be wise to rest daz 3 games in a week might be too much, kamberi looked to be struggling a bit on Thursday so would rest him. MacLaren on the bench and coming on for last 20/30 for me.

Although all of a sudden we seem to have options again. Boyle could go to RWB with Mac or flo starting even shaw. Bartley or Swanson could come in for a midfielder if one needs a rest and the only real position of worry in terms of this game is Stevenson if his knock is bad from thurs we don’t have a replacement

Hermit Crab
04-08-2018, 09:48 PM
Is Kamberi likely to be fit to play tomorrow? He seemed to be struggling before the end of Thursdays match with his knee.

stoneyburn hibs
04-08-2018, 09:53 PM
If they are fit , then the same that started in Greece.

cabbageandribs1875
04-08-2018, 09:58 PM
praying the boys aren't still mentally fatigued from the heroics on thursday

houstonhibbee
04-08-2018, 10:17 PM
If they are fit , then the same that started in Greece.
I can see mclaren starting pushing Boyle wide and Swanson getting a start and mcginn going to the bench and bring him on if it all goes tits up

Lancs Harp
04-08-2018, 10:22 PM
I can see mclaren starting pushing Boyle wide and Swanson getting a start and mcginn going to the bench and bring him on if it all goes tits up

After listening to McLarens interview when he said he had only two weeks pre season training under his belt I'd be surprised to see him start, he hasnt got 90 minutes in him at the moment I wouldnt have thought.

superfurryhibby
04-08-2018, 10:25 PM

Aye, ok.

You’re a trier, I’ll give you that.

stoneyburn hibs
04-08-2018, 10:26 PM

SJM on the bench? You started early on the bevy ?

houstonhibbee
04-08-2018, 10:27 PM
After listening to McLarens interview when he said he had only two weeks pre season training under his belt I'd be surprised to see him start, he hasnt got 90 minutes in him at the moment I wouldnt have thought.
Might manage 60 though and have Shaw come off the bench once we have an unassailable lead:wink:

Lancs Harp
04-08-2018, 10:29 PM
Might manage 60 though and have Shaw come off the bench once we have an unassailable lead:wink:

I could certainly live with that :thumbsup: but think NL will have him on the bench.

houstonhibbee
04-08-2018, 10:32 PM
I could certainly live with that :thumbsup: but think NL will have him on the bench.
Is scoring 5 at home in league games going to be the new norm?
5-1 to go top

Scooter
04-08-2018, 10:39 PM
What a negative outlook mate ...hope the manager and the squad aren't thinking like you- no reason why we can't compete in 2 fronts this early in season with a few tweaks here and there

I wasn't being negative. Lennon will have to manage our small squad carefully. If for example Kamberi is carrying a small knock he know he could play tomorrow but good chance he could miss Molde. So does he play him or rest him for Molde? Personally this early in the season id rather take a shot on Oli for tomorrow and rest Kamberi for Thursday and hope Oli does the business tomorrow

Scooter
05-08-2018, 12:57 PM
I wasn't being negative. Lennon will have to manage our small squad carefully. If for example Kamberi is carrying a small knock he know he could play tomorrow but good chance he could miss Molde. So does he play him or rest him for Molde? Personally this early in the season id rather take a shot on Oli for tomorrow and rest Kamberi for Thursday and hope Oli does the business tomorrow

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔😜😜😜😜😜😜

mutley
05-08-2018, 01:01 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180805/3a1c5cf82e5075be96324093e23a9053.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro