PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Stokes.

EricStoner
03-08-2018, 09:05 PM
Opened the scoring this evening for Tractor Sazi in a 1-1 draw at home. They began with a 0-0 away last week.

Borderhibbie76
03-08-2018, 09:55 PM
Fire engines all over Iran right now [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

danhibees1875
03-08-2018, 10:01 PM
It's a great strike from 30 yards to be fair!

Good luck out there stokesy!

Sir David Gray
03-08-2018, 10:24 PM
The Tabriz version of George Street better watch out tonight.

BegbieHSC
03-08-2018, 10:37 PM
Some man!

BegbieHSC
03-08-2018, 10:38 PM
Good to see him still rocking that No 28 shirt too.

DavidDavidGray
03-08-2018, 10:57 PM
Just keep him away from hotels and fire extinguishers and he’ll be a good signing for them

California-Hibs
04-08-2018, 12:54 AM
Hibs legend.

RoscoHibby
04-08-2018, 07:07 AM
Always be a legend in my eyes. Just a shame he's a bit of a maniac. Imagine we had him firing on all cylinders to add to the mix as well!!

HibbyAndy
04-08-2018, 07:23 AM
I thought he was at st.mirren ?

Ah well all the best to a hibs legend :aok:

.Sean.
04-08-2018, 07:27 AM
Money wise that’ll not be a bad move for him and looking online it seems he’ll play in some huge stadiums with big crowds. Hope he sticks it 🏆

Lemonade
04-08-2018, 09:54 AM
Hibs legend.

:agree:

Lang may his lum reek.

RoYO!
04-08-2018, 09:59 AM

Lang may his lum reek.

Does he know he can get a cream for that?

EricStoner
10-08-2018, 10:06 PM
Tractor Sazi lost 3-0 away to Esteghlal this evening. Only one semi-sniff for Stokesy in the 6 minutes of highlights on YouTube. A top-notch own goal, a dive in the box that was so outrageously bad the ref almost laughed at it and a lot of "defending" by Tractor that would've seen Alan Hansen spontaneously combust if he'd been a studio pundit. Impressive stadium to say the least. Fans seemed to be in the good seats, with not too many towards the goals, but made a noise. Esteghlal about 5/6 to win, but they looked well worth the 3-0 on the highlights.

Sir David Gray
10-08-2018, 10:16 PM
Tractor Sazi lost 3-0 away to Esteghlal this evening. Only one semi-sniff for Stokesy in the 6 minutes of highlights on YouTube. A top-notch own goal, a dive in the box that was so outrageously bad the ref almost laughed at it and a lot of "defending" by Tractor that would've seen Alan Hansen spontaneously combust if he'd been a studio pundit. Impressive stadium to say the least. Fans seemed to be in the good seats, with not too many towards the goals, but made a noise. Esteghlal about 5/6 to win, but they looked well worth the 3-0 on the highlights.

I've just noticed John Toshack is the manager of Tractor Sazi.

I knew there had to be some British connection as that's Stokes, Harry Forrester and possibly now Lee Erwin who are all playing for them.

Iran's not exactly known as a place for European players to ply their trade so I wondered what the connection was and now I know.

I'm not sure that would be enough to entice me right enough!

The Harp
10-08-2018, 10:27 PM
Just keep him away from hotels and fire extinguishers and he’ll be a good signing for them

... and Elvis impersonators. :-)

EricStoner
10-08-2018, 10:42 PM
I've just noticed John Toshack is the manager of Tractor Sazi.

Tosh did not look pleased with things in the one bench shot on the highlights.

Time For Heroes
10-08-2018, 11:19 PM
21 May 16
What a man!

davhibby
11-08-2018, 01:02 AM
Tractor signing Erwin from Killie apparently he'll be getting 20k a week. If that's what they're paying no wonder Stokes has gone

Lemonade
11-08-2018, 01:18 AM
I sang myself to sleep singing Stoksies on fire on that day.

GreenLake
11-08-2018, 04:21 AM
A good bottle of Shiraz and a sufisticated nightclub to celebrate the win.

Austinho
11-08-2018, 04:38 AM
Tarnished his reputation with us at the end, and myself and other fans are no doubt a bit bitter towards him currently. But with time that will all be forgotten about, and he’ll take his place as a club legend. I suspect we’ll see him at half time penalty shoot outs etc for the next 30 years. Maybe even a hall of fame entry some day.

He had 3 spells with us, and whilst his attitude wasn’t always great, I’ll always remember him scoring goal of the season at Ibrox, a goal after 12 seconds at ER against Rangers when for all of 20 minutes we looked like serious title contenders at Christmas, and most importantly, being the best player on the park by far on the 21st of May. We wouldn’t have won the cup without him. He sounded pretty overawed and emotional post match interviews, you could tell how much it meant to him. Probably partied harder than any of us afterwards too!

CallumLaidlaw
11-08-2018, 06:32 AM
Tarnished his reputation with us at the end, and myself and other fans are no doubt a bit bitter towards him currently. But with time that will all be forgotten about, and he’ll take his place as a club legend. I suspect we’ll see him at half time penalty shoot outs etc for the next 30 years. Maybe even a hall of fame entry some day.

He had 3 spells with us, and whilst his attitude wasn’t always great, I’ll always remember him scoring goal of the season at Ibrox, a goal after 12 seconds at ER against Rangers when for all of 20 minutes we looked like serious title contenders at Christmas, and most importantly, being the best player on the park by far on the 21st of May. We wouldn’t have won the cup without him. He sounded pretty overawed and emotional post match interviews, you could tell how much it meant to him. Probably partied harder than any of us afterwards too!

No bitterness from me at all. His departure made way for Kamberi, so worked out just fine. And his performance on the 21st May was just sublime - he left himself in plenty credit with me. Was sad his departure played out the way it did but he’s one of my all time heroes now and I’ll wish him well wherever he may go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SirDavidsNapper
11-08-2018, 07:55 AM
Playing infront of 80k fans the other night. Always seems to come up smelling of roses does Stokesy.

Sir David Gray
11-08-2018, 09:12 AM

How can you be bitter towards a guy who scored two goals in a Scottish Cup final that ended our 114 years wait?

It was right that he left when he did but I have absolutely no feelings of bitterness towards Anthony Stokes at all. If I was to meet him today, I would shake his hand and buy him as many drinks as he wanted.

EricStoner
18-08-2018, 06:19 PM
Just checked yesterday's results. Tractor Sazi won 1-0 at home to Saipa. First win. Stokesy didn't score. P4 - W1 - D2 - L1 now. No teams listed on Flashscore. I can't find any footage on YouTube, though there are lots Sazi v. Saipa games on there. I'm keeping an eye on this because I fear for Stokesy if things go wrong out there. I'd say he'll be OK so long as Toshack stays in a job. Toshack must've managed a few Stokesy types in his time. Stokesy might struggle with a local manager or one from a country where football "characters" are thin on the ground.

Dashing Bob S
18-08-2018, 06:23 PM
How can you be bitter towards a guy who scored two goals in a Scottish Cup final that ended our 114 years wait?

It was right that he left when he did but I have absolutely no feelings of bitterness towards Anthony Stokes at all. If I was to meet him today, I would shake his hand and buy him as many drinks as he wanted.

This x a million. Those goals and that rampaging Hun terrorizing performance in May 2016 means that this legend can pretty much do what he likes in my eyes.

Green Man
18-08-2018, 06:26 PM
Just checked yesterday's results. Tractor Sazi won 1-0 at home to Saipa. First win. Stokesy didn't score. P4 - W1 - D2 - L1 now. No teams listed on Flashscore. I can't find any footage on YouTube, though there are lots Sazi v. Saipa games on there. I'm keeping an eye on this because I fear for Stokesy if things go wrong out there. I'd say he'll be OK so long as Toshack stays in a job. Toshack must've managed a few Stokesy types in his time. Stokesy might struggle with a local manager or one from a country where football "characters" are thin on the ground.

I’ve just noticed that Saipa are managed by Iranian football legend Ali Daei.

supermcginn
18-08-2018, 06:27 PM

What a slaver. Stokes =legend

Keith_M
18-08-2018, 06:40 PM
He's playing in Iran?

Can't imagine the nightlife will be to his taste.

Centre Hawf
18-08-2018, 06:50 PM
What a slaver. Stokes =legend

He’s not really slavering. I was similar in that I was falling out of love with Stokes and it was right he left imo. Now he’s gone I can go back to remembering him for his first spell and that day in May. He is a Legend for what he did that day. But that doesn't mean he was excellent every game he played for us.

Austinho
19-08-2018, 12:39 AM
What a slaver. Stokes =legendDid you even read my post? I said exactly that.

pacoluna
19-08-2018, 12:47 AM
Stokes on his day a far superior striker than both kamberi and Maclaren certainly technically.

Cod Boy
19-08-2018, 12:50 AM
Stokes on his day a far superior striker than both kamberi and Maclaren certainly technically.

They days few and far between.

Onion
19-08-2018, 05:29 AM
Time for Heroes 21 May 2016. Priceless :aok:

NORTHERNHIBBY
19-08-2018, 02:26 PM

But the point was that he seemed to be picking and choosing his days, when what he signed on for was match-days.

johnbc70
19-08-2018, 03:44 PM
What's the wages like out there?

EricStoner
24-08-2018, 09:32 PM
Quick Google suggests it's likely Stokesy is on roughly what he was here. Whatever that was. £4,000 or so. Seems to be about what the very top players out there earn.

Any road... He scored again tonight😀. Equaliser. 73rd minute. Away to Sepahan. That's Isfahan to us. Sepahan retook the lead in the 88th minute😟 but Tractor Sazi grabbed a point in the 90th😀. 2-2 draw. P5 W1 D3 L1 now. No footage on YouTube yet.

jacomo
24-08-2018, 09:51 PM
Quick Google suggests it's likely Stokesy is on roughly what he was here. Whatever that was. £4,000 or so. Seems to be about what the very top players out there earn.

Any road... He scored again tonight😀. Equaliser. 73rd minute. Away to Sepahan. That's Isfahan to us. Sepahan retook the lead in the 88th minute😟 but Tractor Sazi grabbed a point in the 90th😀. 2-2 draw. P5 W1 D3 L1 now. No footage on YouTube yet.

Mon Stokesy.

Hope it’s working out well for him.

matty_f
24-08-2018, 09:57 PM
This x a million. Those goals and that rampaging Hun terrorizing performance in May 2016 means that this legend can pretty much do what he likes in my eyes.

That's how I feel as well. :agree:

kaimendhibs
24-08-2018, 10:38 PM
Tony Stokes[emoji122][emoji122] Hibernian Legend. Almost won that cup on his own. But still gets slagged off. FFS I despair

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

HIBERNIAN-0762
25-08-2018, 07:22 AM
Love the guy, an absolute legend despite the hassle with him.

Joe6-2
25-08-2018, 12:35 PM
Love the guy, an absolute legend despite the hassle with him.

Wish it had ended better, or hadn’t ended at all

A Hi-Bee
25-08-2018, 04:24 PM

:thumbsup:

FilipinoHibs
26-08-2018, 06:02 AM
Mon Stokesy.

Hope it’s working out well for him.

Keep out of those Tehran night clubs.

ChickenCurryYLT
30-08-2018, 03:11 PM
Another goal today for Stokesy. His team currently winning 2-0, he’s flying back into Edinburgh tonight for afew days 👍

Famous Fiver
30-08-2018, 03:33 PM
Rangers might sign him as a replacement for £4 Million Morelos!!!

If you believe that, you'll believe anything.

Joe6-2
30-08-2018, 03:59 PM
Rangers might sign him as a replacement for £4 Million Morelos!!!

If you believe that, you'll believe anything.

Which one? Stokes to them or that clown being worth 4 mill

jacomo
30-08-2018, 04:48 PM
Another goal today for Stokesy. His team currently winning 2-0, he’s flying back into Edinburgh tonight for afew days 👍

Uh oh.

:wink:

Stay on the right path Stokesy!

KerPlunk
31-08-2018, 08:15 AM

As the old cliché goes ..........
“Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.......”

sauzee=legend
31-08-2018, 09:35 AM
Well Mr Stokes has just arrived in Edinburgh.....
Making another return to the Scottish game? 🤔😂

green day
31-08-2018, 09:44 AM
Well Mr Stokes has just arrived in Edinburgh.....
Making another return to the Scottish game? 🤔😂

His clubs next match is 28th September, probably visiting his girlfriend and kid.

The Harp Awakes
31-08-2018, 09:48 AM
As the old cliché goes ..........
“Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.......”

Spot on. No chance we would have won the Cup without him.

Maybe he's flying in today to sign for Hibs for the 4th time:dunno:

Jamesie
31-08-2018, 11:36 AM
Uh oh.

:wink:

Stay on the right path Stokesy!

He's been doing pretty well out there, hopefully he keeps himself in trim while back over and keeps up the good form on his return to Persia. On another note, I wonder how the European players at Tractor are getting paid given the banking sanctions currently in place - presumably through a more financially neutral jurisdiction like Dubai or Qatar I would imagine but a bit tricky!

NevadaHibee
31-08-2018, 11:47 AM
He's been doing pretty well out there, hopefully he keeps himself in trim while back over and keeps up the good form on his return to Persia. On another note, I wonder how the European players at Tractor are getting paid given the banking sanctions currently in place - presumably through a more financially neutral jurisdiction like Dubai or Qatar I would imagine but a bit tricky!

Pretty sure any EU based bank that doesn't trade with the USA could plug into the Iranian banking system as long as it's not in USD (why would it be I suppose).

Got to say though, as an Iranian Hibee I'm loving that he's doing so well out there!

Winston Ingram
31-08-2018, 11:50 AM
They days few and far between.

In the last 4 years there has only really been one. I'll take it though.

Jamesie
31-08-2018, 02:47 PM
Pretty sure any EU based bank that doesn't trade with the USA could plug into the Iranian banking system as long as it's not in USD (why would it be I suppose).

Got to say though, as an Iranian Hibee I'm loving that he's doing so well out there!

Was lucky enough to see the exterior to the Azadi stadium while visiting Tehran on holiday in 2012 - would love to see a game there!