PDA

View Full Version : Fatigue

BOB MARLEYS DUG
03-08-2018, 06:47 PM
Anyone else fear there might be a bit of noticeable fatigue on Sunday after being dead on our feet last night? Hopefully IF there is any, it doesn’t show too much in our performance and effect us too much.

ancient hibee
03-08-2018, 06:48 PM
Think I’ll cope.

gaz1875
Quite probably, good thing Motherwell have a long injury list and lack of players.

Stevie Reid
Anyone else fear there might be a bit of noticeable fatigue on Sunday after being dead on our feet last night? Hopefully IF there is any, it doesn’t show too much in our performance and effect us too much.

Sunday will be tough. Motherwell are the most physical team in the league, and whilst there will be a good crowd, Sundays are always a bit more subdued in terms of folk being up for it.

Players and the support can hopefully lift each other.

Vault Boy
It's certainly a possibility, an understandable one though.

I still think we'll be strong enough in front of a good home support to beat this Motherwell side.

Iggy Pope
03-08-2018, 06:54 PM
I'm sitting in Athens Airport waiting on a flight that lands three and a half hours drive fi the hoose. I can honestly say I'm fatigued. Love will get me through.

Just Jimmy
03-08-2018, 07:03 PM
hoping a full a bouncing Easter road will help the team through. they deserve it.

Jamie mac will be a brilliant add. especially if big flo is feeling a knock.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

SirDavidsNapper
03-08-2018, 07:05 PM
Motherwell losing their big defender to Wigan is a big boost for us

HibbyAndy
03-08-2018, 07:05 PM
I'm sitting in Athens Airport waiting on a flight that lands three and a half hours drive fi the hoose. I can honestly say I'm fatigued. Love will get me through.

But was it worth it ?

NOLA
03-08-2018, 08:03 PM
Odds on a scoring draw look good to me [emoji386]

MagicSwirlingShip
03-08-2018, 08:06 PM
Good point. Chances of Lennon ringing some changes?

Keyser Sauzee
03-08-2018, 08:07 PM
I was thinking that might be an issue but Kris Boyd was on Talksport today and he reckoned that at this early stage in the season it won’t be an issue so hopefully he’s right.

Smartie
03-08-2018, 08:10 PM
We have a few squad players who are in need of game time and must be bursting to get an opportunity to show what they can do.

I don't expect wholesale changes but a few to keep us fresh.

Iggy Pope
03-08-2018, 11:50 PM
But was it worth it ?

Best ride in years :greengrin

snooky
03-08-2018, 11:55 PM

Something tells me I shouldn't have read this thread backwards. :embarrass

Hibernian32
04-08-2018, 12:32 AM
I said this to my mate earlier, it’s going to be good seeing how we bounce back after a Thursday game against decent league opposition, it is the start of the season tho so I don’t see if that should effect us to much.

2-1 hibs McLaren with the winner.

houstonhibbee
04-08-2018, 12:33 AM
Something tells me I shouldn't have read this thread backwards. :embarrass

So Fatigue is a Greek lady???

Stantons Angel
04-08-2018, 12:36 AM
i dont know about the players who are physically fit young men. but this aul yin has just arrived home in Edinburgh now (note the time im writing this)

Since Wednesday i have been in 3 different countries in Europe, met some old friends i have not seen in quite awhile and some real characters as well!

The sun has sapped all my strength, so uch so that i can hardly walk.The rain and thunder and lightening before the game has soaked me to the skin.

The last 20 minutes of the game took all my energy whilst the referee did every thing possible to give them the goal they needed.

The thing that makes me smile though is that even at my age id do it all again! I was so proud of my team and their over all performance. They deserved to go through!

I couldnt have been any prouder of my fellow supporters last night they sung and danced all night away in a great good hearted way!

Everything Hibs Last night was Hibs class!

Jamesie
04-08-2018, 06:18 AM
I think the charter problems might end up being a blessing in disguise - rather than pull an all-nighter flying home straight after an energy sapping match they would have got a decent sleep on Thursday before flying home on Friday afternoon, with some training today.

BILLYHIBS
04-08-2018, 06:28 AM
Think Flo might struggle to make it. Apart from being crocked looks knackered. Maybe start with Shaw and Jamie Mac up top. Remember SJM getting subbed after 70 minutes?

HibbyAndy
04-08-2018, 06:32 AM

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

:greengrin

Winston Ingram
04-08-2018, 06:33 AM

I think we have to play a back 4. It’s an awful lot to expect our wing backs to cover the full length of the pitch after Thursday

Scooter
04-08-2018, 07:06 AM
I think there needs to be a bit of rotation. I'd sit out flo rest him and his knock and either start Jamie on his own or with Oli

CLASS OF 72 -73
04-08-2018, 07:11 AM
I was thinking that might be an issue but Kris Boyd was on Talksport today and he reckoned that at this early stage in the season it won’t be an issue so hopefully he’s right.

Did you notice he could not mention Hibs by name, kept changing the subject when Hibs were mentioned and bigged up Hearts. Its opinion but he does hate us.

spike220
04-08-2018, 08:34 AM
I clicked on this thread thinking that we had signed a new player called Fatigue.

mjhibby
04-08-2018, 09:03 AM
It's certainly a possibility, an understandable one though.

I still think we'll be strong enough in front of a good home support to beat this Motherwell side.

Maybe. But if we look upon Thursday as the last pre season game we should be OK. Flo, boylerr and slivka will probably be feeling it the most. Usage of the subs will be vital. At least its Ross County after the away leg which is a tad easier. Could have been the dons at home.

Borderhibbie76
04-08-2018, 09:08 AM
Think Flo might struggle to make it. Apart from being crocked looks knackered. Maybe start with Shaw and Jamie Mac up top. Remember SJM getting subbed after 70 minutes?He looked fine walking thru Edinburgh airport last night to be honest but if he is carrying an knock I'd start Shaw with Jamie Mac

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Kavinho
04-08-2018, 09:10 AM
Im about to fall back asleep after reading Ann budges latest upstate!

GRA
04-08-2018, 01:40 PM
I'd not be surprised if we are drained after Thursday. I recall the game after we beat AEK in 2001 was away to Livingston. Brought a few thousand fans along but rewarded with a flat performance and 1-0 defeat!

Hopefully the return of Jamie Mac will give us a timely boost and get us over the line.

Onion
04-08-2018, 01:57 PM

Flip side is, we should expect the team to be pretty sharp from KO. Might fade towards the end but we'll be 2 or 3 up by then :aok:

MM19
04-08-2018, 03:36 PM
I'd not be surprised if we are drained after Thursday. I recall the game after we beat AEK in 2001 was away to Livingston. Brought a few thousand fans along but rewarded with a flat performance and 1-0 defeat!

Hopefully the return of Jamie Mac will give us a timely boost and get us over the line.

It was the same after we beat Napoli got beat 1-0 from Morton on the Saturday