PDA

View Full Version : Referee - Benoit Milot

hfc rd
03-08-2018, 05:02 PM
Apologies if already posted. I thought the French referee last night was very good. Let the game flow and only brandished his cards out when they were required. Didn’t let any of the Asteras players pressure him and sway all the decisions in the favour of the Greeks. The refs in our country could certainly learn a thing or two from this guy.

-Jonesy-
03-08-2018, 05:08 PM
Missed a blatant foul on Boyle in the corner and one on Kamberi near the end, think it was right before a one on one chance for them as well, luckily Bogdan stood firm.

hibby6270
03-08-2018, 05:10 PM
Apologies if already posted. I thought the French referee last night was very good. Let the game flow and only brandished his cards out when they were required. Didn’t let any of the Asteras players pressure him and sway all the decisions in the favour of the Greeks. The refs in our country could certainly learn a thing or two from this guy.

It’s also fair to say that the ref in the 1st leg wasn’t duped by the Greeks antics.
It’d have been a travesty if they’d got away with it. They might do in their own league but strong refs in Europa games are essential. Thankfully we got that from 2 refs who I hadn’t heard of or come across before.

we are hibs
03-08-2018, 05:14 PM
I thought he let them off with a lot of blatant shoves in the back tbh. Especially in the second half. There was one where kamberi was shoved then kicked and he played on

brianmc
03-08-2018, 05:17 PM
I thought he was pretty decent overall.
Missed a few things from them but also did us a huge favour in not sending off Slivka.
8/10 from me!

Dashing Bob S
03-08-2018, 05:51 PM
Lets face it, he shat over every Scottish referee any of us has ever seen, with the exception of Steven McLean in the 2016 cup final.

RoYO!
03-08-2018, 05:52 PM
Very good performance imo

scooby
03-08-2018, 07:28 PM
I thought he was pretty good, did miss the fouls on Boyle and Kamberi, but could easily have sent Slivka off.

mjhibby
04-08-2018, 10:02 AM
He was superb especially with all the haranguing by the Greeks. Got just about everything right. He got the vital ones right at least. I just wish we had refs like him in Scotland who would ref games v the ugly sisters the same way. Mind you we have got an awfully good record against them recently have we not.

TheMentalHibees
04-08-2018, 10:52 AM
Dugout side linesman was an absolute weapon. Second half he couldn’t wait to get his flag in the air. When their boy hit the deck in the box the ref waved it away but he’d ran for a penalty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cabbageandribs1875
04-08-2018, 10:54 AM
who gave the foul against Hanlon near the end where PH didn't touch him and he went diving like a swan....cheating runt, that was over the dugouts side

i was shouting cheat cheat cheat from my armchair :greengrin

Smartie
04-08-2018, 10:56 AM
I thought their penalty shout was a stonewaller........

franck sauzee
04-08-2018, 01:19 PM

Yeah we got away with that one. Can't complain about the referees at all really

Eyrie
04-08-2018, 02:14 PM

Agreed. We got lucky there.

wookie70
04-08-2018, 04:12 PM
I thought it was a pen and Slivka got lucky not to be red carded. Maybe we will get the rub of the green this year with refs. We haven't in over 40 years I have watched