PDA

View Full Version : Any regrets?

Bangkok Hibby
03-08-2018, 02:25 PM
Exciting times aren't they? Don't know why, but I got to thinking about my 50 years as a Hibs fan and there's one massive regret for me. In 1977 I left Edinburgh and fell out of love with the Scottish game. A couple of years later the greatest player ever to grace a football pitch signed for my team and much to my regret and (not a little shame) I didn't see him. Marinello, Cormack, Stevenson, Stanton, O'Rourke, Duncan, Brownlie...and on and on. All Hibs greats but I so wish I'd just gone to see my favourite player of all time.

marjoriebanks
03-08-2018, 02:27 PM
Irish by any chance :wink:

Bangkok Hibby
03-08-2018, 02:28 PM
Irish by any chance :wink:

Got it in one :wink:

Joe6-2
03-08-2018, 02:29 PM
I was much the same as you, but, thankfully I got myself along to see this icon of football in a Hibs top!

worcesterhibby
03-08-2018, 02:32 PM
Was Benny Brazil Irish ?

hibbie02
03-08-2018, 02:34 PM
I spent the 21st of May 2016 at my own Wedding Reception. It was a great party though!!!

PatHead
03-08-2018, 02:34 PM
Was Benny Brazil Irish ?

Don’t think so but think Ally Scott was

marjoriebanks
03-08-2018, 02:35 PM
Used to drink in the pub at the top of Easter Road, Abbeymount, think it was called Sinclairs. The barman commented one day that several Hibs players including GB came in for drinks after training. When asked what he ordered, the barman stated that in fairness to GB he always ordered a soft drink when the round was being passed over the bar but also GB used to have a quiet word with him and asked that he put two or three half of vodka in the soup he had ordered. Was never sure whether to believe this or not. :thumbsup:

Jim44
03-08-2018, 02:37 PM
Thon Irish boy was past his Best.

Bangkok Hibby
03-08-2018, 02:38 PM
Thon Irish boy was past his Best.

:wink: Yes he was but it still hurts :confused:

RoYO!
03-08-2018, 02:38 PM
Used to drink in the pub at the top of Easter Road, Abbeymount, think it was called Sinclairs. The barman commented one day that several Hibs players including GB came in for drinks after training. When asked what he ordered, the barman stated that in fairness to GB he always ordered a soft drink when the round was being passed over the bar but also GB used to have a quiet word with him and asked that he put two or three half of vodka in the soup he had ordered. Was never sure whether to believe this or not. :thumbsup:

To be fair wouldn’t it be easier to put the voddy in the soft drink :D