PDA

View Full Version : Team for Sunday

Ozyhibby
03-08-2018, 02:01 PM
Do we rest key players before the Molde game? Maybe play Shaw instead of Kamberri? Porteous instead of McGregor?
Two games a week plus travelling can’t be easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oneone73
03-08-2018, 02:04 PM
Do we rest key players before the Molde game? Maybe play Shaw instead of Kamberri? Porteous instead of McGregor?
Two games a week plus travelling can’t be easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will be three games in a week. I'd save Kamberi for Thursday.

yerauldda
03-08-2018, 02:05 PM
Bogdan

Gray Ambrose Hanlon Stevenson

Boyle Whittaker Mallan Agyepong

Kamberi McLaren

NAE NOOKIE
03-08-2018, 02:23 PM
Its a tough one because we don't want to give ourselves a mountain to climb in the league by resting key players for games we would ideally want to be winning … IE at home to clubs who finished in the bottom 6 last season. But on the other hand by all accounts a few of the players were blowing bubbles by the end on Thursday night and its doubtful if two days is enough time to recover fully.

Its a tough one this. From the club's point of view getting past Molde and the possibility of being one game away from the EL group stages is a huge incentive to concentrate all our efforts in that direction, we would potentially be looking at far more income from that than even winning the league would give us.

442 coz I cant be arsed fannying about with these modern formations.

Bogdan

Gray ( captain ), Porteous, McGregor ( was he not booked on Thursday and misses the 1st leg anyway ), Stevenson ( coz we have no alternative )

Martin, Bartley, Swanson, new guy from Man City

McLaren, Shaw

Probably get cuffed :greengrin

bod
03-08-2018, 02:33 PM
Said before play your strongest team every week

JDHibs
03-08-2018, 02:35 PM
Strongest team possible.

Every week.

Joe6-2
03-08-2018, 02:35 PM
Said before play your strongest team every week

This

PatHead
03-08-2018, 02:36 PM
Its a tough one because we don't want to give ourselves a mountain to climb in the league by resting key players for games we would ideally want to be winning … IE at home to clubs who finished in the bottom 6 last season. But on the other hand by all accounts a few of the players were blowing bubbles by the end on Thursday night and its doubtful if two days is enough time to recover fully.

Its a tough one this. From the club's point of view getting past Molde and the possibility of being one game away from the EL group stages is a huge incentive to concentrate all our efforts in that direction, we would potentially be looking at far more income from that than even winning the league would give us.

442 coz I cant be arsed fannying about with these modern formations.

Bogdan

Gray ( captain ), Porteous, McGregor ( was he not booked on Thursday and misses the 1st leg anyway ), Stevenson ( coz we have no alternative )

Martin, Bartley, Swanson, new guy from Man City

McLaren, Shaw

Probably get cuffed :greengrin

McGregor was not booked.

Franck Stanton
03-08-2018, 02:40 PM
Can't look upon Motherwell as an easy opening game. Every 3 points in the league are important so, strongest team available for every game imo

number9dream
03-08-2018, 02:43 PM
Strongest team, barring any injury precautions. Go hard from the start and introduce subs earlier than we did last night.

Sir David Gray
03-08-2018, 03:09 PM
The strongest team available should play. The league is important and allows us to enjoy trips like last night. We can't afford to rest players.

JimBHibees
03-08-2018, 03:10 PM
Got to be said looked like Lewis twisted his knee in the first half. Hopefully he is ok but didnt look great. Do we have any cover for that position?

GloryGlory
03-08-2018, 03:16 PM
The strongest team available should play. The league is important and allows us to enjoy trips like last night. We can't afford to rest players.

:agree:

Motherwell defender Kipre away to Wigan:

https://twitter.com/MotherwellFC/status/1025394488527781889

They also have a few out injured/suspended. We really should be looking to get off to a good start to our campaign.

J-C
03-08-2018, 03:21 PM
Bogdan

Gray McGregor Hanlon Stevenson

Mallan Slivka McGinn

Boyle MacLaren Flo

NORTHERNHIBBY
03-08-2018, 03:22 PM
Strongest possible team but with more clued up thinking on the bench when it comes to substitutions.

WeeRussell
03-08-2018, 03:23 PM

:agree: Our european campaign could effectively be over next Thursday whoever plays over these fixtures. Our bread and and butter starts Sunday and getting off to a good start is huge.

Having said that, if we do happen to be in a comfortable position - get 3 boys rested and all eyes on the Norwegians :greengrin

MacGruber
03-08-2018, 03:24 PM
Bogdan

Gray McGregor Hanlon Stevenson

Mallan Slivka McGinn

Boyle MacLaren Flo

Would be surprised if Stevenson and McGregor are playing. Stevenson probably got through the rest of the game on adrenaline but no doubt sore afterward. Big Daz got subbed as we were trying ti protect a lead - that can only have been a knock I imagine

hfc rd
03-08-2018, 03:32 PM
Strongest team possible from the start. Get the game won and then we can make a couple changes in preparation for Thursday

Bishop Hibee
03-08-2018, 03:35 PM
I’d imagine a few changes with players carrying knocks. Kamberi was doubtful for yesterday’s game so may not play.

adhibs
03-08-2018, 03:43 PM
I'd make a couple changes to offset any fatigue after Tripolis. Swanson and maybe the new winger if he's processed in time.