PDA

View Full Version : Travel Molde - Getting There - Some General Information

madjock9
03-08-2018, 11:37 AM
By plane:
Only six kilometres from Molde city centre, Molde Airport has daily direct flights to Oslo, Trondheim and Bergen. The airport shuttle bus connects with all flights, and stops by the hotels in Molde, and at the bus station.

By road:
There are daily bus connections to and from Trondheim, Bergen and Oslo. Local buses serve many places in the region, and there is a local city bus in Molde.

If you go by car from Oslo, follow the E6 north to Otta, Geiranger and then Rv63 to Åndalsnes. Alternatively, follow the E6 north to Dombås, then the E136 towards Åndalsnes.

From Trondheim, the Fv680 along the coast of Nordmøre, via Kyrksæterøra and Aure, offers views of the coastal landscape and its islands and skerries.

From Bergen, follow the E39 north to Vestnes. When driving from Bergen, you have a choice of several exciting roads, including the E39. Please note that many of these roads involve ferry crossings.

By train:
NSB, the Norwegian State Railways, offers daily departures from Oslo to Åndalsnes, and from Trondheim to Oppdal. From Åndalsnes or Oppdal you can continue by bus to Molde and Kristiansund.

By boat:
The famous Hurtigruten, The Norwegian Coastal Voyage, calls at Molde and Kristiansund, both northbound and southbound, every day, all year round.

The ferries in the region serve the fjords from early morning to far into the night. It is not necessary to book ahead, but to be sure to get a place for your car without having to wait for the next ferry, you should be at the ferry terminal some time prior to departure. This is especially important during the high season in summer, and during big events.

norhfc
03-08-2018, 11:46 AM
By plane:
Only six kilometres from Molde city centre, Molde Airport has daily direct flights to Oslo, Trondheim and Bergen. The airport shuttle bus connects with all flights, and stops by the hotels in Molde, and at the bus station.

By road:
There are daily bus connections to and from Trondheim, Bergen and Oslo. Local buses serve many places in the region, and there is a local city bus in Molde.

If you go by car from Oslo, follow the E6 north to Otta, Geiranger and then Rv63 to Åndalsnes. Alternatively, follow the E6 north to Dombås, then the E136 towards Åndalsnes.

From Trondheim, the Fv680 along the coast of Nordmøre, via Kyrksæterøra and Aure, offers views of the coastal landscape and its islands and skerries.

From Bergen, follow the E39 north to Vestnes. When driving from Bergen, you have a choice of several exciting roads, including the E39. Please note that many of these roads involve ferry crossings.

By train:
NSB, the Norwegian State Railways, offers daily departures from Oslo to Åndalsnes, and from Trondheim to Oppdal. From Åndalsnes or Oppdal you can continue by bus to Molde and Kristiansund.

By boat:
The famous Hurtigruten, The Norwegian Coastal Voyage, calls at Molde and Kristiansund, both northbound and southbound, every day, all year round.

The ferries in the region serve the fjords from early morning to far into the night. It is not necessary to book ahead, but to be sure to get a place for your car without having to wait for the next ferry, you should be at the ferry terminal some time prior to departure. This is especially important during the high season in summer, and during big events.

The Hurtigruten trip is a brilliant experience passing loads of fjords and moutains, but it does take time. Leaves from Bergen daily so would need to get on it Tuesday, leaves at 8 pm.

Heckys Wheel
03-08-2018, 04:06 PM
The Hurtigruten trip is a brilliant experience passing loads of fjords and moutains, but it does take time. Leaves from Bergen daily so would need to get on it Tuesday, leaves at 8 pm.

Any chat of the best hotels nearest the stadium?

headshrinker
03-08-2018, 04:20 PM
We are booked into the Quality Hotel Alexandra. It looks like the hotel is on the main road close to the water front. It has a sports bar attached, which is used by the Molde Supporters and is only about half a mile from the ground.

norhfc
03-08-2018, 04:24 PM
Any chat of the best hotels nearest the stadium?
We are in the Thon Hotel Moldefjord, very central, there didn’t seem to be many available.

norhfc
03-08-2018, 04:26 PM
We are booked into the Quality Hotel Alexandra. It looks like the hotel is on the main road close to the water front. It has a sports bar attached, which is used by the Molde Supporters and is only about half a mile from the ground.
Spoke to a Molde fan today, everything is very close to the stadium, he mentioned that sports bar, hoping there’s an alternative for us.

madjock9
03-08-2018, 04:27 PM
Booked into the Scandic which is right beside the stadium and town is a short walk there is several bars and there is a sportsbar in town but bring your gold card for the prices haha

Billy Whizz
03-08-2018, 04:28 PM
Booked into the Scandic which is right beside the stadium and town is a short walk there is several bars and there is a sportsbar in town but bring your gold card for the prices haha

Is the train a realistic option from oslo or Bergen

madjock9
03-08-2018, 04:35 PM

Oslo to Trondheim on the train is between 6 1/2 to 7 Hours lovely scenic journey through lush GREEN lands.

Swedish hibee
03-08-2018, 04:37 PM
I'm driving over, bringing some friends. Not seen Hibs in the flesh since the cup final- hope I'm that lucky again!

Swedish hibee
03-08-2018, 04:52 PM

You have to change as the train won't take you right there. So you have to get the bus to Molde. But it's a very scenic route you'll be on!

Ginger Gehagan
03-08-2018, 05:02 PM

I'm sure the train was more expensive than flying when I checked.

Gloucester Hibs
03-08-2018, 05:03 PM

Group of 3 or 4 of us staying here too, the Wednesday to the Friday. Can’t wait!

Ginger Gehagan
03-08-2018, 05:08 PM
Group of 3 or 4 of us staying here too, the Wednesday to the Friday. Can’t wait!

Aye 3 of us in the same hotel.

offshorehibby
03-08-2018, 05:09 PM
The home and away games have appeared in my google calendar, showing the away leg with a 6pm kick off

norhfc
03-08-2018, 05:42 PM

We could do what a lot of the Hibs boys done in Copenhagen, carry out basically outside the Hibs pub.

madjock9
03-08-2018, 05:46 PM
The home and away games have appeared in my google calendar, showing the away leg with a 6pm kick off

That will be 6pm UK they are an hour ahead so as far as we know it's a 7pm local time kick off at the moment

SteveHFC
03-08-2018, 07:54 PM
We are in the Thon Hotel Moldefjord, very central, there didn’t seem to be many available.

Same for me

Nakedmanoncrack
03-08-2018, 11:24 PM
That will be 6pm UK they are an hour ahead so as far as we know it's a 7pm local time kick off at the moment

:boo hoo:

Hope its later than that.

Nakedmanoncrack
05-08-2018, 07:13 PM

:agree:

Looks good, 10 mins on bus from airport, 6 min walk to stadium & not too extortionate.

EH54
05-08-2018, 08:14 PM
2 of us in hotel moldejford also, Wonder how many will make the trip over, don't think it'll be as much as Tripoli maybe half of that? can't wait!

Gorebridge Hibb
05-08-2018, 08:18 PM
2 of us in hotel moldejford also, Wonder how many will make the trip over, don't think it'll be as much as Tripoli maybe half of that? can't wait!

My Dad and I in this one too. Will be about 400 to 500 I would think.

Nakedmanoncrack
05-08-2018, 08:18 PM

Not quite as many as Tripoli, but a lot more than Runavik, potentially biggest Euro game in years will tempt people to spend money they don't have (I'm doing it), to be able to continue to follow our run.

EH54
05-08-2018, 08:45 PM
My Dad and I in this one too. Will be about 400 to 500 I would think.

400 or 500 hibby's will be enough to out sing most teams, hopefully the drum will be joining us!

B.H.F.C
05-08-2018, 08:48 PM
Not quite as many as Tripoli, but a lot more than Runavik, potentially biggest Euro game in years will tempt people to spend money they don't have (I'm doing it), to be able to continue to follow our run.

I can see 500 tops making the trip. Difficult to get to. Expensive to get to. And expensive when there.

Likely have to give it a miss and absolutely gutted. On the way home from Greece the feeling I got was that a lot of folk who went to that will be in the same boat.

Billy Whizz
06-08-2018, 07:00 AM
Woke up to an email from HSL, saying that there’s a good chance that the day charter may be viable. Hope to have a decision one way or another later today
They are not organising it, simply responding to an enquiry put to them. No further costs or timings were provided
Good work from HSL, well done to them

OsloHibs
06-08-2018, 03:44 PM
I'm sure the train was more expensive than flying when I checked.

Go for the "minipris" option- and that is the lowest price you'll get up to Trondheim & back.

Ginger Gehagan
06-08-2018, 03:58 PM
Go for the "minipris" option- and that is the lowest price you'll get up to Trondheim & back.

Cheers pal, already got flights booked so all good. How strict are they about drinking alcohol outside in Norway? I have read in several places it's illegal but there's no way I can afford to drink in the pubs if it's £10 a pint!!

HibbyDave
06-08-2018, 08:01 PM
HSL charter available to book. I understand a general release will be made at 21.30. Presumably on hibs.net

OsloHibs
07-08-2018, 04:34 PM
Cheers pal, already got flights booked so all good. How strict are they about drinking alcohol outside in Norway? I have read in several places it's illegal but there's no way I can afford to drink in the pubs if it's £10 a pint!!

It's like here- your not supposed too, and some police can be stricter than others.. but if no-ones causing trouble, smashing bottles or the likes, then they'll be ok I hope. You can't also buy alcohol in Supermarkets after the game so you'll have to stock up during the day! Get duty free when you land in Norway too.

norhfc
07-08-2018, 04:52 PM
Good advice OSLO, I,m in Bergen and flying up Thursday afternoon.
My advice when traveling to Norway is always, get as much tax-free as possible.

OsloHibs
07-08-2018, 05:01 PM
Good advice OSLO, I,m in Bergen and flying up Thursday afternoon.
My advice when traveling to Norway is always, get as much tax-free as possible.

I'm driving from Geilo with some friends. Showing them how proper football is done!

Ginger Gehagan
07-08-2018, 05:13 PM
It's like here- your not supposed too, and some police can be stricter than others.. but if no-ones causing trouble, smashing bottles or the likes, then they'll be ok I hope. You can't also buy alcohol in Supermarkets after the game so you'll have to stock up during the day! Get duty free when you land in Norway too.

Sound, thanks for the advice.

norhfc
07-08-2018, 09:09 PM
I'm driving from Geilo with some friends. Showing them how proper football is done!

Exactly, they,ll love it, I am taking my eldest son, he’s been to ER but it’s his first away game :)

green day
08-08-2018, 09:38 AM

Nice one - taking a bottle seems to be the best way to help the wallet pain !!!

You reckon we are better buying duty free in norway (is that after we land?) than just putting a bottle bought here in the hold luggage?

OsloHibs
08-08-2018, 04:10 PM
Nice one - taking a bottle seems to be the best way to help the wallet pain !!!

You reckon we are better buying duty free in norway (is that after we land?) than just putting a bottle bought here in the hold luggage?

Get your bottle in Edinburgh then, but beer in Oslo. And snus if you use it.. Get as much cheap alcohol as you can. You'll know a Norwegian on your flight from the size of their duty free bags!!

Nakedmanoncrack
09-08-2018, 05:38 PM
Is anyone going via train & bus from.Oslo via Åndalsnes? Or are we all flying into Molde?

Looks an interesting route that I would have considered if had more time.

EH54
09-08-2018, 05:46 PM
I'm on the last flight on the Wednesday from Oslo to molde. Better hope there is no delays on the connecting one from Stockholm or it's an overnight stay in Oslo for us boys!

staunchhibby
09-08-2018, 10:02 PM
Staying overnight in Oslo then to Mplde follwing morning