PDA

View Full Version : Re smoke bomb

staunchhibby
03-08-2018, 09:13 AM
It looks like we will be fined thanks to the fans who let off smoke bomb.Do they not realise the cosequences of there actions

Sas_The_Hibby
03-08-2018, 09:15 AM
Agree - crazy

hhibs
03-08-2018, 09:18 AM
Agree - crazy

Agreed,total ****ers,dob them into the club.

hibee316
03-08-2018, 09:18 AM
It looks like we will be fined thanks to the fans who let off smoke bomb.Do they not realise the cosequences of there actions

Regardless of the debate whether they should be at the football or not, if Hibs are getting a fine, we just shouldn't do it.

A couple guys idea of fun directly costing the club thousands of £.

People must know who they are, don't need to name and shame them, but people who are friends with them should have a word in their ear.

SouthMoroccoStu
03-08-2018, 09:20 AM
The smoke was worse in the Faroes

Bet they don't get fined!

:wink:

The Modfather
03-08-2018, 09:20 AM
I thought we had brought the fog from the Faroes with us at one point.

JimboHibs
03-08-2018, 09:38 AM

What are the cosequences ?

Do you mean consequences ? If so what are they for such abhorrent actions.How many were harmed.

WeeRussell
03-08-2018, 09:42 AM

Do you mean consequences ? If so what are they for such abhorrent actions.How many were harmed.

7 words into the post you just replied to answers your question. Your post also makes the dig at his clear typo look a bit weak too.

SquashedFrogg
03-08-2018, 09:44 AM

Missed out a couple of question marks when pulling someone up for incorrect spelling. Just saying likes.

JimboHibs
03-08-2018, 09:45 AM
Regardless of the debate whether they should be at the football or not, if Hibs are getting a fine, we just shouldn't do it.

A couple guys idea of fun directly costing the club thousands of £.

People must know who they are, don't need to name and shame them, but people who are friends with them should have a word in their ear.

Oh jeez 🙄

JimboHibs
03-08-2018, 09:47 AM
Missed out a couple of question marks when pulling someone up for incorrect spelling. Just saying likes.

👍😎

The_Horde
03-08-2018, 09:49 AM
I've always wondered if this is the real reason hibs stuck the singing section away up in the corner.

SquashedFrogg
03-08-2018, 09:51 AM
👍😎

🤓 It's a slow work day mate

Billychaotic182
03-08-2018, 09:51 AM

You do realise that some posters on here might suffer from things like Dyslexia. Very uncool to use misspelling as a way to be a smart arse.

As for who were harmed? It’s been well documented on here in the past that there have been fans taking Asthma attacks, people with breathing difficulties struggling. Football should be enjoyed by all. Very selfish to think that because it doesn’t effect you then that means it’s ok.

SirDavidsNapper
03-08-2018, 09:54 AM
Personally i think they're tremendous. Really add to the atmosphere. I'm probably in a minority though. They have obvious drawbacks too though and for that reason they shouldn't be allowed in the stadium and we'll deserve our fine.

hibee316
03-08-2018, 09:54 AM
Oh jeez 🙄

You do know that fines we pay will mean we have less money to spend elsewhere? Such as on players...

Thecat23
03-08-2018, 09:55 AM

It’s costing the club money, do you think that is alright?

Moody Blues
03-08-2018, 10:02 AM
Agreed,total ****ers,dob them into the club.

Don't think so,that s a total over reaction.

Juniper Greens
03-08-2018, 10:14 AM
They look smart, but if we are getting fined it not worth it. Same goes for breaking seats, sinks etc at tynie. A lot of us now donate to this club, thinking it’ll make a difference. All my donations will be dwarfed by this fine.

JimboHibs
03-08-2018, 10:18 AM
It’s costing the club money, do you think that is alright?

Did you think Lenny doing the aeroplane was alright ?

I thought it was magic.

CropleyWasGod
03-08-2018, 10:20 AM

I thought it was magic.

As fans, we have little control over what the staff do.

We have more control over what we do.

Joe6-2
03-08-2018, 10:22 AM

I thought it was magic.

Not the same thing at all

WhileTheChief..
03-08-2018, 10:22 AM
Are we getting fined though or are we just assuming that we will be?

Juniper Greens
03-08-2018, 10:26 AM

I thought it was magic.

Strange view to take

danhibees1875
03-08-2018, 10:26 AM

I thought it was magic.

Did we get fined for that?

Not saying it was okay either way, just curious - I thought he just got a 1 game ban and his previous suspended bans enforced.

I reckon if I'd been at the game last night, I'd have enjoyed the flares etc. But it's also correct to say that not everyone would have, and given medical conditions involved they shouldn't be used. The financial implications also mean that they should be left out.

Billychaotic182
03-08-2018, 10:28 AM
Did the club get fined for Lennons actions or did Lennon himself get fined? Honestly don’t know

where'stheslope
03-08-2018, 10:28 AM

I thought it was magic.

Yes Lenny's airoplane was great, if he had done it up and down the track, maybe ok, but running on the pitch was to say the least stupid, he knew what would happen!!!
As for smoke bombs, UEFA have a precident for this with fines, and while its great to have fun and a laugh, safety should always be at the top of any action!!!
Some of our fans may have asthma and choking smoke does not help, hopefully no one was bothered by it, but it would make an enjoyable away game very expensive if medical charges were needing to be paid!!!!!

HibeeHibernian4
03-08-2018, 10:34 AM
I've always wondered if this is the real reason hibs stuck the singing section away up in the corner.

Don’t know who set them off, but can categorically say it wasn’t anyone who’s in the singing section, was standing the row behind the drum.

Thecat23
03-08-2018, 10:51 AM

I thought it was magic.

I’ve no idea how you can compare the two. One the club will be hit with a fine the other the manager was banned. One cost us money the other didn’t.

JimboHibs
03-08-2018, 10:56 AM
I’ve no idea how you can compare the two. One the club will be hit with a fine the other the manager was banned. One cost us money the other didn’t.

So two wrongs now make a right.

AltheHibby
03-08-2018, 11:02 AM
No. In one case the individual cost himself and in the other they cost the club.

cabbageandribs1875
03-08-2018, 11:02 AM
hopefully the utter tw@t that tossed the smoke bomb is at this very minute organising a justgiving page to help pay the fine, a big fine for the club that the utter tw@t no doubt will profess to have feelings for..******g delinquent, stay away from HFC until you've grown up, t*t :aok:

Thecat23
03-08-2018, 11:10 AM

Eh? What you on about?

I don’t think you have grasped this. It’s cost Hibs money are you happy about that and do you think it’s right? Simple enough question!

Hibeebor
03-08-2018, 11:13 AM

No space before a question mark, are you aware?

Space after a full stop. Like this. See?

BlackSheep
03-08-2018, 11:36 AM
There’s always one, eh!

hibbyfraelibby
03-08-2018, 11:36 AM
Don't think so,that s a total over reaction.

No its not. Club should sue them for the fine.

silverhibee
03-08-2018, 11:38 AM

Was Lennon not just fined £5000 by UEFA.

Thecat23
03-08-2018, 11:41 AM
Was Lennon not just fined £5000 by UEFA.

That will come out his pocket Silver not the clubs.

tamig
03-08-2018, 11:42 AM

What a bizarre attitude to have. Presumably a fishing trip?

Argylehibby
03-08-2018, 11:42 AM

I thought it was magic.

Did the club get fined or was it just Lenny? Pretty sure Lenny got the fine so if the nutters who threw the smoke bomb want to step forward and pay the fine the club get then maybe it is ok after all.

Bostonhibby
03-08-2018, 11:44 AM
hopefully the utter tw@t that tossed the smoke bomb is at this very minute organising a justgiving page to help pay the fine, a big fine for the club that the utter tw@t no doubt will profess to have feelings for..******g delinquent, stay away from HFC until you've grown up, t*t :aok:You'd like to think so but are they really that bothered about Hibs if they do this?

Yes I know they've travelled a long way to make an erse of themselves and damage the fans reputation and possibly cost the club money.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Albanian Hibs
03-08-2018, 11:45 AM
Going against the grain , but it was brilliant and added to the atmosphere

Albanian Hibs
03-08-2018, 11:46 AM
hopefully the utter tw@t that tossed the smoke bomb is at this very minute organising a justgiving page to help pay the fine, a big fine for the club that the utter tw@t no doubt will profess to have feelings for..******g delinquent, stay away from HFC until you've grown up, t*t :aok:

😂😂😂

hibby6270
03-08-2018, 11:49 AM

Absolutely spot on. :thumbsup:

Sas_The_Hibby
03-08-2018, 11:50 AM

So, presumably, if there is a fine, the fans(s) who did it will accept full responsibility and pay up!

No, it will be the club that has to fork out.

Sean1875
03-08-2018, 11:50 AM
I do enjoy all the smoke bombs and flares etc. for adding to the experience (see march to PBS) however not inside the stadium for obvious reasons, don't know why we cant just keep it for before/after the game.

03-08-2018, 11:55 AM
[QUOTE=JimboHibs;5492749]What are the cosequences ?

Do you mean consequences ? If so what are they for such abhorrent actions.How many were harmed.[/QUOTE

These things are toxic and in some cases dangerous and unstable explosives. Do you're homework before asking how many people got harmed. I've an asthmatic son who every time one of these things goes off we have to leave the area. Is that fair? Does that make it fun for him?

Try the power of Google - you'll find out that there are numerous reports and images of people getting harmed by these things. Its just crazy that people can act so irresponsibly in a confined space like a stadium. Does it take someone to get seriously injured at a Hibs game before people realise it's not just a giggle.

There are numerous reports but within 2 minutes found this 71 page report on UEFA's website.

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/uefaorg/Stadium&Security/02/48/11/68/2481168_DOWNLOAD.pdf

To the Manager, Team and 99.9% of the support last night well done. You did the Club proud. To the 0.1% thanks for the impending fine that will no doubt be coming the Clubs way!

Albanian Hibs
03-08-2018, 11:58 AM
So, presumably, if there is a fine, the fans(s) who did it will accept full responsibility and pay up!

No, it will be the club that has to fork out.

Do you think we will get fined for it? Are you here in Greece? Were you jumping about when the pyros were let off?

WhileTheChief..
03-08-2018, 11:58 AM
So we’re arguing about a fine that hasn’t happened?!

Suppose there had to be a negative slant to last night but we’re clutching at straws here!!

Jim44
03-08-2018, 12:07 PM

Suppose there had to be a negative slant to last night but we’re clutching at straws here!!

They don’t have emergency meetings to discuss events like this. It’ll come up in business in due course when we will almost certainly be fined............ tossers!!!

Thecat23
03-08-2018, 12:09 PM

I think it’s safe to say we will be fined.

Hibrandenburg
03-08-2018, 12:10 PM
https://www.google.de/amp/www.punditarena.com/football/sokeefe/cork-city-fined/amp/

Thecat23
03-08-2018, 12:10 PM

If the club are fined will you pay it?

Juniper Greens
03-08-2018, 12:12 PM

Once again, a very quick Google finds a very recent precedent.

It's a shame we are focusing on this, in short I think the message the majority is trying to pass onto the minority, is "can you leave it out of the ground please".

http://www.punditarena.com/football/sokeefe/cork-city-fined/

WeeRussell
03-08-2018, 12:12 PM

There's 60 odd pages discussing a McGinn transfer that hasn't happened on numerous other threads. What's your point?

Sas_The_Hibby
03-08-2018, 12:14 PM
Do you think we will get fined for it? Are you here in Greece? Were you jumping about when the pyros were let off?

I don't know if we'll get fined, but, no, I'm not in Greece, which means I'm clearly not a super-uber fan, having only followed Hibs for 55 years :rolleyes:

tamig
03-08-2018, 12:18 PM

What does it matter if it added to the atmosphere? If the club are at risk of being hit in the pocket that risk shouldn’t be taken. Simple. Or do you still not see why it’s wrong?

HibeeHibernian4
03-08-2018, 12:21 PM

Agreed.

cabbageandribs1875
03-08-2018, 12:23 PM
I don't know if we'll get fined, but, no, I'm not in Greece, which means I'm clearly not a super-uber fan, having only followed Hibs for 55 years :rolleyes:

it's vitally important you were in greece, if not then it means no offence took place....apparently :greengrin

Thecat23
03-08-2018, 12:24 PM
I still don’t know how grown men can’t grasp that it’s hurting the club chucking smoke bombs on. Yeah they look good but do it outside the ground or after the game when you’ve left.

This “but it looks barrie like” doesn’t make it alright. It’s hitting the club in the pocket, what’s hard to grasp about this?

hibbysam
03-08-2018, 12:24 PM

Didn’t Lennon get banned and fined? Or was that only the European ban?

Thecat23
03-08-2018, 12:25 PM
Didn’t Lennon get banned and fined? Or was that only the European ban?

The fine would be paid out Lennons pocket not the clubs.

Billychaotic182
03-08-2018, 12:28 PM
It’s this simple. Yes they look cool, but they cause massive stress to others. So if you believe that this is more important than a support who has breathing difficulties, you’ve a selfish person. Everyone should have the right to enjoy the game. You’re not an ultra for doing it your just a ned

JimboHibs
03-08-2018, 12:34 PM
It’s this simple. Yes they look cool, but they cause massive stress to others. So if you believe that this is more important than a support who has breathing difficulties, you’ve a selfish person. Everyone should have the right to enjoy the game. You’re not an ultra for doing it your just a ned

Billy do you boycott hot drinks and hot food at the football.

Thecat23
03-08-2018, 12:36 PM

Why would he, are they illegal like Smokebombs??

danhibees1875
03-08-2018, 12:36 PM

Are we comparing the steam from our lukewarm pies to a smoke bomb? :confused:

andyf5
03-08-2018, 12:37 PM
Agreed.

Is it worth a fine for the club?

Is it worth a fellow fan being injured? (there was a woman in the east stand that got her shoe burnt away by smoke bomb/flare)

Do it outside the ground where people can choose to be part of it or not is my opinion.

Spike Mandela
03-08-2018, 12:38 PM
Wonder if UEFA will take a a dim view of the more serious issue of two Croatian fans being stabbed outside a ground in Glasgow?

eastcoasthibby
[QUOTE=JimboHibs;5492749]What are the cosequences ?

Do you mean consequences ? If so what are they for such abhorrent actions.How many were harmed.[/QUOTE

These things are toxic and in some cases dangerous and unstable explosives. Do you're homework before asking how many people got harmed. I've an asthmatic son who every time one of these things goes off we have to leave the area. Is that fair? Does that make it fun for him?

Try the power of Google - you'll find out that there are numerous reports and images of people getting harmed by these things. Its just crazy that people can act so irresponsibly in a confined space like a stadium. Does it take someone to get seriously injured at a Hibs game before people realise it's not just a giggle.

There are numerous reports but within 2 minutes found this 71 page report on UEFA's website.

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/uefaorg/Stadium&Security/02/48/11/68/2481168_DOWNLOAD.pdf

To the Manager, Team and 99.9% of the support last night well done. You did the Club proud. To the 0.1% thanks for the impending fine that will no doubt be coming the Clubs way!
Your spot on with the pos, but hate to say the numpties that continue to take pyros into games will continue, cos they can't see beyond their own little world of whats perceived as just fun and trying to be the clever boys in their group ! They might support Hibs but are anti being told what to do even at the cost to Hibs, its all about them !! Message Grow up and support the club more by not taking other fans hard earned cash from club funds to pay for your petty fun.

Hibrandenburg

Aye because hot food and drinks are banned :rolleyes:

flugsy
03-08-2018, 12:39 PM
couple of weeks ago flares were thrown onto the pitch in a Montreal, a game versus toronto fc, set fire to the artificial turf. Cost involved there. toronto fan clubs were "suspended" until further notice, whatever that means.

Brightside
03-08-2018, 12:39 PM
Ban the bovril!

NAE NOOKIE
03-08-2018, 12:45 PM

Bloody Norah, now yer just being silly … though I'm sure Billy can answer for himself.

FWIW …. I love pyros and smoke bombs and all that stuff, they give games that sort of South American feel and make for a brilliant spectacle. But the absolute fact is that they are banned by FIFA, UEFA, the SFA and the SPFL, not to mention the club itself and last but not least the Police. In view of that and the absolute certainty that the use of them abroad will land the club a fine, probably not a big one because as far as I know this will be our first offence, but a fine all the same, our fans shouldn't be bringing stuff like that into the stadium …. any stadium … and that's the end of it.

JimboHibs
03-08-2018, 12:47 PM
Ban the bovril!

The hypocrisy on this thread is great.Theres comments been made by posters on here against smoke bombs but have also commented that the image of Anthony Stokes celebrating scoring in the final with the flares in the background as a thing of beauty 🙄

worcesterhibby
03-08-2018, 12:47 PM

One is a joyous outpouring of delight by our manager when we scored an equaliser against Rangers..non pre-meditated and caused no harm to anyone. The other is a pre-meditated act, that the perpetrator knew could result in a medical problem for fellow fans and would almost certainly result in a fine for the club.

They are not two wrongs...it's one wrong.

WeeRussell
03-08-2018, 12:51 PM

I feel another contract ended by mutual consent coming on :cool2:

Billychaotic182
03-08-2018, 12:54 PM
The hypocrisy on this thread is great.Theres comments been made by posters on here against smoke bombs but have also commented that the image of Anthony Stokes celebrating scoring in the final with the flares in the background as a thing of beauty 🙄

Ok answer me this. You have an older family member who has Breathing problems. A group of 5 young fans set off a smoke bomb two rows in front of you. Your elderly family members then struggles to breath. They end up having an attack. No one can see the stress and the stand is filled with smoke. How do you feel. Still think they are cool? Just because it doesn’t affect you doesn’t mean it’s ok. Can you not see how stupid and selfish it is. Your argument is basically screw the other fans I’ll do what I want because I think it’s cool.

And really you are going to compare it to a hot drink......

Thecat23
03-08-2018, 12:56 PM
Ok answer me this. You have an older family member who has Breathing problems. A group of 5 young fans set off a smoke bomb two rows in front of you. Your elderly family members then struggles to breath. They end up having an attack. No one can see the stress and the stand is filled with smoke. How do you feel. Still think they are cool? Just because it doesn’t affect you doesn’t mean it’s ok. Can you not see how stupid and selfish it is. Your argument is basically screw the other fans I’ll do what I want because I think it’s cool.

And really you are going to compare it to a hot drink......

I think Jim is a 14 year old school kid. No grown man would reply the way he has. He’ll learn as he gets older!!!

tamig
03-08-2018, 12:57 PM

Lol 😂

Deansy
03-08-2018, 01:01 PM
Ach who cares - a selfish halfwit got his jollies and folk should accept that in today's world, that is the most important thing !

JimboHibs
03-08-2018, 01:02 PM
Lol 😂

He probably does 😂😂

Billychaotic182
03-08-2018, 01:10 PM
He probably does 😂😂

Answer my question then.

I’ll give you a bit of a background as to why this is so stupid and hopefully you will think twice. My sister and father both suffer from Alpha-1-antitrypsin deficiency. This lead to them both having emphysema. Sadly this killed my father. We’ve been to games where smoke bombs have been set off and cause some horrible breathing issues. The stress and panic that this causes isn’t fun to experience and dare I say if you realised what you were doing you’d think twice about it. We have the same right to enjoy the football as you.

Eyrie
03-08-2018, 01:10 PM
As I've said before, if setting off a smoke bomb is so amazing, why don't those responsible let one off in a cupboard and then shut themselves in with it?

Then the rest of us can get on with enjoying the game that we've gone to see.

Bristolhibby
03-08-2018, 01:23 PM
You do realise that some posters on here might suffer from things like Dyslexia. Very uncool to use misspelling as a way to be a smart arse.

As for who were harmed? It’s been well documented on here in the past that there have been fans taking Asthma attacks, people with breathing difficulties struggling. Football should be enjoyed by all. Very selfish to think that because it doesn’t effect you then that means it’s ok.

Re dyslexia
https://youtu.be/TPJGcmVpiQU

Hibby soldier
03-08-2018, 01:25 PM
non - story..

Moulin Yarns
03-08-2018, 01:27 PM
i think jim is a 14 year old school kid. No grown man would reply the way he has. He’ll learn if he gets older!!!

ftfy

bigwheel
03-08-2018, 01:28 PM
non - story..

That little bit of fun has been confirmed in the UEFA delegates report. And we will be fined ...

I’m sure most won’t care - but as the op says - there are consequences for the club

CropleyWasGod
03-08-2018, 01:29 PM
non - story..

In what way?

Billychaotic182
03-08-2018, 01:30 PM
Re dyslexia
https://youtu.be/TPJGcmVpiQU

Hahaha enjoyed that

NAE NOOKIE
03-08-2018, 01:41 PM

What's hypocritical about that? it is a thing of beauty …. in the realms of the spectacular man has rarely come up with anything as impressive as the huge explosion and mushroom cloud caused by an atomic bomb being detonated … being able to acknowledge that doesn't mean you think its a good idea to nuke the planet FFS.

In fact when you think about it that smoke bomb at Hampden was a really bad thing as well …. it stopped several hundred currant buns from seeing Stokesy sublimely and effortlessly stroke the ball into the back of their net :greengrin

Chuck Rhoades
03-08-2018, 01:42 PM
****ing grow up! Idiots.

Chuck Rhoades
03-08-2018, 01:44 PM
I’ll go as far as that the thing that spurred Hibernian on, looks like they loved it!

Billychaotic182
03-08-2018, 01:56 PM
****ing grow up! Idiots.

Read what I posted and tell me I’m an idiot

CropleyWasGod
03-08-2018, 01:56 PM
I’ll go as far as that the thing that spurred Hibernian on, looks like they loved it!

...or thought..... "the Club are gonna get fined for this. If that happens, F goes our bonuses... unless we get through this tie."

NZ Green
03-08-2018, 02:18 PM
I quite enjoy seeing flares and smoke, adds to the atmosphere. But then again I would find flamethrowers and fireworks in the stand entertaining too so probably not the voice of reason on this particular topic.

Bishop Hibee
03-08-2018, 02:22 PM
As the song goes 'nanananananana we are the well behaved, Hibees!'

vercol36
03-08-2018, 02:22 PM

Will you be chipping in a bit for the fine then mate? Because I'm not so happy with it coming out my season ticket money tbh

WeeRussell
03-08-2018, 03:01 PM
****ing grow up! Idiots.

A bit strong and personal towards posters if you've read the thread before posting, given some of the reasons explained.

You're not the only person who's allowed a say in what constitutes a good Hibs atmosphere.

03-08-2018, 03:03 PM
****ing grow up! Idiots.

Maybe when the individuals grown up and have some responsibility in their life, like a family who are effected by the actions of a minority they'll realise the world is not all about them.
I and thousands like me don't need acrid smelling, toxic smoke bombs and flares, to get behind my team.

Sean1875
03-08-2018, 03:08 PM

Aye you're right, we would have been in trouble in that tie if someone hadn't launched a pyrotechnic on the pitch, thank god :rolleyes:

The_Horde
03-08-2018, 03:09 PM
Don’t know who set them off, but can categorically say it wasn’t anyone who’s in the singing section, was standing the row behind the drum.

Never said it was. It has been from their section of the ground in the past though. Again not saying it was specifically them, could easily be a hanger on.

I actually quite like the smoke bombs, particularly in the bigger games and especially the night time ones.

Really adds to the atmosphere.

Thecat23
03-08-2018, 03:11 PM
****ing grow up! Idiots.

😂 Ok Ross.

Lemonade
03-08-2018, 03:14 PM
Are they readily available for sale over there ?
Couldnt imagine anyone smuggling them on a flight.

WhileTheChief..
03-08-2018, 03:19 PM

This 100%.

Lennon said the same himself!!

Thecat23
03-08-2018, 03:35 PM
This 100%.

Lennon said the same himself!!

He said the smoke bomb spurred them on?? Really?

WhileTheChief..
03-08-2018, 03:48 PM
Well, nah, I just made that bit up.

He might have thought it though ;)

HappyAsHellas
03-08-2018, 04:08 PM
Are they readily available for sale over there ?
Couldnt imagine anyone smuggling them on a flight.

Practically every Greek game has smoke bombs, flares, bangers etc although a lot of them are home made. Here they're a couple of quid each from the paintball shops so very easy to get a hold of.

Mick O'Rourke
03-08-2018, 04:13 PM

Indeed .myself and members of my family who are ST holders, suffer from lung conditions and asthma.

The "fans" who are responsible for this need dealt with,if the club can identify them.

I was no shrinking violet in my youth following the club.
However,i see no need for this flare/smoke bomb stuff in the grounds.
Do the people responsible have any brains, as to, not just the problems this will cause to others around them, but also the club,in the penalties they will get from Eufa.

I might ask...
how did they manage to get these things past airport security or the ground itself?

Glory Lurker
03-08-2018, 04:24 PM
Me! Me! Me! I want to let smoke bombs off, and no one can stop me! I'm more important than what the club wants! It's all about me!

WhileTheChief..
03-08-2018, 04:28 PM
Indeed .myself and members of my family who are ST holders, suffer from lung conditions and asthma.

The "fans" who are responsible for this need dealt with,if the club can identify them.

I was no shrinking violet in my youth following the club.
However,i see no need for this flare/smoke bomb stuff in the grounds.
Do the people responsible have any brains, as to, not just the problems this will cause to others around them, but also the club,in the penalties they will get from Eufa.

I might ask...
how did they manage to get these things past airport security or the ground itself?

They’e about the size of an Oreo biscuit.

I reckon I could smuggle one on a plane and I’m no Escobar!

WhileTheChief..
03-08-2018, 04:32 PM
Another quick google search and you can buy them as toys or for photography effects.

Pack of 5 for a tenner

The grenades are bit more expensive mind.

nickwhibs
03-08-2018, 04:37 PM
Personally i think they're tremendous. Really add to the atmosphere. I'm probably in a minority though. They have obvious drawbacks too though and for that reason they shouldn't be allowed in the stadium and we'll deserve our fine.

Agreed. Think they're great

Malthibby
03-08-2018, 05:15 PM
Find some of this thread very strange.

Hibs are going to be fined because of the behaviour of some of our own fans, & some folk
on here are trying to justify that because they seem to think it's cool.

If the individuals involved keep on doing this, and the fines mount up, is that still okay?
As more and more season ticket income is diverted to pay those fines, is that still okay?

Don't see anything cool about deliberately choosing to cost your team money.

Moulin Yarns
03-08-2018, 05:20 PM
Like the butchers apron thread, this needs to be closed as we have been over the same ground before.

Some think they add to the atmosphere, which they probably do, in a bad way. Others find them offensive, and the club we all support will suffer as a result of the actions of a few individuals.

Golden Bear
03-08-2018, 05:23 PM
Find some of this thread very strange.

Hibs are going to be fined because of the behaviour of some of our own fans, & some folk
on here are trying to justify that because they seem to think it's cool.

If the individuals involved keep on doing this, and the fines mount up, is that still okay?
As more and more season ticket income is diverted to pay those fines, is that still okay?

Don't see anything cool about deliberately choosing to cost your team money.

A sensible post has no place in this forum. It's time you had a long hard look at yourself (Sir or Madam) as the case may be.

:wink:

Brizo
03-08-2018, 06:00 PM
Regardless of whether pyros etc enhance the atmosphere anything that endangers the physical wellbeing of fellow Hibbies or damages the club reputationally or financially just isn't on. Unfortunately they will no doubt be being set off by dafties with little or no concern for any of those things.

I remember when flying bottles, flying bricks and even darts were part of the matchday "experience". No-one would want those days back. Smoke bombs might not be in the same bracket as them but the consequences for someone with asthma or lung problems could be very damaging. The "they look barry" viewpoint of some fans might change if it was their ma, dad , brother or sister being rushed to hospital.

lyonhibs
03-08-2018, 06:05 PM
To summarise, if you let off a smoke bomb within a stadium you're a grade A dobber IMO.

WhileTheChief..
03-08-2018, 06:18 PM
For any model train enthusiasts out there you can get tiny wee ones for your locomotives.

Maybe open the windows in the room though when playing :aok:

Nakedmanoncrack
03-08-2018, 07:11 PM
Knew I'd come home to a thread like this - but nobody seemed to be in too much distress about it at the time! A little puff of smoke drifting around briefly was one of the lesser dangers in that ramshackle stand last night.

WoreTheGreen
03-08-2018, 07:16 PM
For any model train enthusiasts out there you can get tiny wee ones for your locomotives.

Maybe open the windows in the room though when playing :aok:

Great advice just putting on my Casey Jones outfit and heading to the loft .don’t know why because I don’t have a train set

Sammy7nil
03-08-2018, 07:35 PM
Me! Me! Me! I want to let smoke bombs off, and no one can stop me! I'm more important than what the club wants! It's all about me!

This is what I think i hope they managed to get a couple of selfies before they threw it :rolleyes:

HibeeHibernian4
03-08-2018, 07:57 PM
Is it worth a fine for the club?

Is it worth a fellow fan being injured? (there was a woman in the east stand that got her shoe burnt away by smoke bomb/flare)

Do it outside the ground where people can choose to be part of it or not is my opinion.

I'll level with you mate, I'm more concerned by a small pocket of fans before the game singing about Rudi Skacel being a refugee or Edinburgh being wonderful apart from Hearts and a couple of races. I'd rather there was an effort to stamp that out of our support rather than the odd flare.

houstonhibbee
03-08-2018, 08:12 PM
I'll level with you mate, I'm more concerned by a small pocket of fans before the game singing about Rudi Skacel being a refugee or Edinburgh being wonderful apart from Hearts and a couple of races. I'd rather there was an effort to stamp that out of our support rather than the odd flare.
I dont think drawing comparisons makes any difference to the merits or otherwise of either act. One doesn't justify the other

O'Rourke3
03-08-2018, 08:13 PM

Why do we have to deal with poor behaviour one at a time?

HibeeHibernian4
03-08-2018, 08:17 PM
I dont think drawing comparisons makes any difference to the merits or otherwise of either act. One doesn't justify the other

Why do we have to deal with poor behaviour one at a time?

No, agreed, it's a bit of a dead cat strategy from myself, but I thought it might put the pyro into perspective, not trying to justify it by using other things, only contextualising.

Moulin Yarns
03-08-2018, 08:39 PM
No, agreed, it's a bit of a dead cat strategy from myself, but I thought it might put the pyro into perspective, not trying to justify it by using other things, only contextualising.

Perspective.

Both could lead to the club in trouble

Bostonhibby
03-08-2018, 08:45 PM
Like the butchers apron thread, this needs to be closed as we have been over the same ground before.

Some think they add to the atmosphere, which they probably do, in a bad way. Others find them offensive, and the club we all support will suffer as a result of the actions of a few individuals.

We're probably at that stage I agree.

But when I look at sinking money into my club every month, through good times and bad to do just a wee bit that helps us get to where we are now and some twat indulges their personal fantasy and maybe wipes all that out of the playing budget in one idiotic indulgence I ain't going to be persuaded that enjoying a few flashing lights that might fill a void is helping Hibs.

Hope real hibbies can help out and ban them if we get a fine.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Nakedmanoncrack
03-08-2018, 10:07 PM

:agree:

I heard one such rendition of each ditty throughout the entire trip, with both failing to get going, depressing that there are people who still don't grasp the idiocy of chanting such bile, but at least compared to previous Euro trips that I've been on (nearly all since the 80s) it's dying out.

Mikey09
03-08-2018, 11:30 PM
****ing grow up! Idiots.

Adding to the debate well... :rolleyes:

NAE NOOKIE
03-08-2018, 11:44 PM

Huh, dont get me started …. I had spent 10 minutes constructing probably the best post ever seen on this site in response to that thread only to find it was bloody shut when I clicked on post !!! …. f'ing ragin' !!! :grr:

The Pointer
03-08-2018, 11:53 PM
Smoke bomb? Big deal. I've no idea why UEFA or whoever gives one as it's commonplace on the continent. Adds to the occasion.

Silky
03-08-2018, 11:53 PM
I just don't sèe the point in it. Why? How can a smoke bomb enhance the experience? What's the point in chucking it? Hibs get reported to UEFA and get a fine cos soneone thinks it's a laugh. Does that make it worth it? Absolute morons.

Stantons Angel
04-08-2018, 12:49 AM

Luckily no one was harmed except the reputation of the club in european tournaments!

Everyone at the game last night regardless of age knew these flares were banned from football grounds all over the place.

The club WILL be fined so beware of doing it at any time! It could lead to a ban on fans attending the games with matches played behind closed doors!

The guys who through these things are just bringing the name of Hibs into disrepute when we should be building the name up so everyone knows us in Europe.

For the football not the actions of some people who should know better. The cameras will search out the culprits almost certainly!

So think before you do something stupid and screw the nut for goodness sake!

Forza Fred
04-08-2018, 02:23 AM
I just don't sèe the point in it. Why? How can a smoke bomb enhance the experience? What's the point in chucking it? Hibs get reported to UEFA and get a fine cos soneone thinks it's a laugh. Does that make it worth it? Absolute morons.

My thoughts entirely.

Plus any uncontrolled firework thingies thrown in Greece at the time would have went down like a lead balloon with the locals who are not far from the lethal bush fires that were raging not long before the game...and presumably fire bans were in place.

then along come a bunch of yobos…..

NAE NOOKIE
04-08-2018, 05:27 AM

Does anybody actually sing the Skacel song any more? FWIW I always thought it displayed more of a startling ignorance of modern European history than it did of bigotry.

As for the Edinburgh is wonderful song …. I simply cant believe we have even a small element in our support who disgrace themselves and the club they claim to support with this utter trash … it shouldn't have to make a difference but you could clearly see one black guy in the support at the game in Greece imagine how he would have felt if forced to listen to that … not to mention that ( in case these so called 'Hibs fans' missed it ) our most celebrated fan of recent years the late Sammy Martinez wasn't exactly pasty. They gonna' sing it in front of Efe Ambrose, Marvin Bartley or Ofir Marciano?

I have to say the last time I heard this song was outside Hampden before the 2012 cup final and by the look of the folk singing it Edinburgh would be a hell of a lot more wonderful if they moved out. Its bloody depressing to hear of even a small unsuccessful attempt to get it going, but for all that it is heartening to hear that nobody wanted to join in ….. Hibs don't need racist morons supporting the club and no self respecting Hibs fan wants them anywhere near it either.

Time they got the bloody message :taxi

BILLYHIBS
04-08-2018, 06:18 AM
Cannae sing the Efe Ambrose song any more coz Callachans been punted to make way for the next batch of ******s by Potter! :wink:

Journey man no mark professional football playing mercenary impersonators

Viva_Palmeiras
04-08-2018, 06:31 AM
To put into a wee but of economic perspective...

If fined £5k that would be 217 adult bums on seats (@ £23) for one persons numptyness.

Sorry Franck Sauzee we cant afford to pay you fully that week and can you lend us £1k to pay a fine?

skankomcphee
04-08-2018, 06:50 AM
Does anybody actually sing the Skacel song any more? FWIW I always thought it displayed more of a startling ignorance of modern European history than it did of bigotry.

Anyone who was in the Olive Green bar in Tripoli on Thursday afternoon will know the answer to that.

Hibs90
04-08-2018, 06:57 AM
Smoke bomb? Big deal. I've no idea why UEFA or whoever gives one as it's commonplace on the continent. Adds to the occasion.

Yup, especially those with breathing related issues. Or the club who will get fined.

Pretty Boy
04-08-2018, 06:57 AM
We all do daft things when we are young, I still do daft things and sadly I'm not that young anymore.

I'm sure some young lad (or girl) who had a few beers didn't conduct a full risk assessment before they lobbed a smoke bomb in a monent of euphoria. Maybe they feel a bit daft now, maybe they don't care.

Footballs always been an outlet for the young team to let loose and push the boundaries. Not ideal and I'm certainly not delighted about any potential fine but they aren't going to pay any more attention to a bunch of folk mumping and moaning on the internet than previous generations did to the grumpy old guys sat in the corner of the pub.

Sammy7nil
04-08-2018, 09:58 AM
We all do daft things when we are young, I still do daft things and sadly I'm not that young anymore.

I'm sure some young lad (or girl) who had a few beers didn't conduct a full risk assessment before they lobbed a smoke bomb in a monent of euphoria. Maybe they feel a bit daft now, maybe they don't care.

Footballs always been an outlet for the young team to let loose and push the boundaries. Not ideal and I'm certainly not delighted about any potential fine but they aren't going to pay any more attention to a bunch of folk mumping and moaning on the internet than previous generations did to the grumpy old guys sat in the corner of the pub.

That does not mean we should stop trying to achieve change :cb

Pretty Boy
04-08-2018, 10:18 AM
That does not mean we should stop trying to achieve change :cb

Of course not. That's not my point.

Firstly I'm sympathetic to those with respiratory issues. I have asthma and at this time of year with hayfever season in full swing it can be tough. Walking down any moderately busy road in Edinburgh gives our lungs more of a kicking than a smoke bomb that dispers in a couple of minutes though. Most of us do that every day.

Secondly I doubt many on here spent their formative years sitting quietly in the library, singing in the church choir and knitting socks for the poor at night. Knocking back 2 litres of cider, a few cans or whatever you could nick from a parents drink cupboard, taking a dab at some mysterious white powder, scrawling a name or YLT on a bus shelter in permanent marker, getting someone older to buy a 10 pack of Lambert & Butler, trying to convince your girlfriend that 15 was old enough for you both to go that bit further, shouting abuse at opposing fans from behind the safety of a 3ft wall etc etc. All daft, some illegal and probably a rite of passage for many. Did any of us listen when we were told it was one or both of those things?

When I was in my teens and early 20s I thought folk in their 30s, 40s and 50s were out of touch and had forgotten what it was like to be young. The older I get the more convinced I become my younger self was correct. Daft laddies will be daft laddies, I'd rather they didn't throw smoke bombs, when my daughter gets older I'm sure I'll lecture her about smoking and drinking but they'll still do it and she'll still do it.

People can believe they can change things but rebellion has been a part of being young for decades and 5 pages or 500 pages on hibs.net isn't going to change that.

Sammy7nil
04-08-2018, 10:23 AM
Of course not. That's not my point.

Firstly I'm sympathetic to those with respiratory issues. I have asthma and at this time of year with hayfever season in full swing it can be tough. Walking down any moderately busy road in Edinburgh gives our lungs more of a kicking than a smoke bomb that dispers in a couple of minutes though. Most of us do that every day.

Secondly I doubt many on here spent their formative years sitting quietly in the library, singing in the church choir and knitting socks for the poor at night. Knocking back 2 litres of cider, a few cans or whatever you could nick from a parents drink cupboard, taking a dab at some mysterious white powder, scrawling a name or YLT on a bus shelter in permanent marker, getting someone older to buy a 10 pack of Lambert & Butler, trying to convince your girlfriend that 15 was old enough for you both to go that bit further, shouting abuse at opposing fans from behind the safety of a 3ft wall etc etc. All daft, some illegal and probably a rite of passage for many. Did any of us listen when we were told it was one or both of those things?

When I was in my teens and early 20s I thought folk in their 30s, 40s and 50s were out of touch and had forgotten what it was like to be young. The older I get the more convinced I become my younger self was correct. Daft laddies will be daft laddies, I'd rather they didn't throw smoke bombs, when my daughter gets older I'm sure I'll lecture her about smoking and drinking but they'll still do it and she'll still do it.

People can believe they can change things but rebellion has been a part of being young for decades and 5 pages or 500 pages on hibs.net isn't going to change that.

I agree but we must keep trying :greengrin:agree::aok:

Nakedmanoncrack
04-08-2018, 11:16 AM

As for the Edinburgh is wonderful song …. I simply cant believe we have even a small element in our support who disgrace themselves and the club they claim to support with this utter trash … it shouldn't have to make a difference but you could clearly see one black guy in the support at the game in Greece imagine how he would have felt if forced to listen to that … not to mention that ( in case these so called 'Hibs fans' missed it ) our most celebrated fan of recent years the late Sammy Martinez wasn't exactly pasty. They gonna' sing it in front of Efe Ambrose, Marvin Bartley or Ofir Marciano?

I have to say the last time I heard this song was outside Hampden before the 2012 cup final and by the look of the folk singing it Edinburgh would be a hell of a lot more wonderful if they moved out. Its bloody depressing to hear of even a small unsuccessful attempt to get it going, but for all that it is heartening to hear that nobody wanted to join in ….. Hibs don't need racist morons supporting the club and no self respecting Hibs fan wants them anywhere near it either.

Time they got the bloody message :taxi

There is no excuse whatsoever for these people who sing this bile - I don't think they give it a thought I though, and probably don't even see themselves as the racist morons they appear, but fuelled up on hours of drinking there is not much thought process going on, Hibs fans aren't much different from anyone else when steaming drunk - some of us end up behaving like utter erses & would probably be embarrassed if able to remember any of it after.

Argylehibby
04-08-2018, 11:59 AM

PB, maybe when they threw it they weren't in a fit state to conduct a risk assessment but what about when they bought iit or When they decided to take it with them as they travelled to the game? That's a helluva long time to be unable to make a risk assessment and still get it wrong.

Unfortunately the people that throw these get a kick out of threads like this and part of the enjoyment seems to be the knowledge that their actions will invoke the reaction it does. Their arrogance means that their enjoyment is more important than others and if they can hack off a few thousand people while getting their fun then it's job done.

Hibernian32
05-08-2018, 11:33 AM
I don’t think we will get fined cause there was no roof? And it’s less of a fire issue. I don’t agree with throwing smoke bombs or flares but holding them in the stand roof or no roof I think is acceptable it adds to the atmosphere.

no pyro no party

andyf5
05-08-2018, 12:21 PM

It's worth trying to communicate why we believe it's wrong. Some on here did not think it wrong and apparently ok for the club to pay a fine as well as the risk of injury to other supporters.

Forza Fred
05-08-2018, 12:26 PM
I don’t think we will get fined cause there was no roof? And it’s less of a fire issue. I don’t agree with throwing smoke bombs or flares but holding them in the stand roof or no roof I think is acceptable it adds to the atmosphere.

no pyro no party

The locals will tell you they don’t need a roof for devastating fires, but hey, what would they know.