PDA

View Full Version : Motherwell Game

HH81
03-08-2018, 07:14 AM
Given we hear about how much teams struggle in the media after midweek European games, how do we think Sunday will go?

Do you think the travelling will effect some changes in the team?

Any injuries reported after last night?

When would any new signings need to be announced to play?

brythehibby
03-08-2018, 07:16 AM
Probably new signings need to be done today in time to play Sunday I’d have thought. Imagine last night will have taken a bit out of them but then the high of going through will be a boost.

Seen this on the gossip column as well. Seems Well have there own problems.

Now Ryan Bowman has been ruled out for a lengthy spell, Motherwell face a selection headache for Saturday's Premiership opener against Hibernian with Charles Dunne also injured, Chris Cadden doubtful and Allan Campbell suspended. (National)

bingo70
03-08-2018, 07:17 AM
I think we should be looking to rest the bulk of the team.

The European tie next week has to be our immediate priority, plenty time to make up any lost points that we could lose against Motherwell.

GloryGlory
03-08-2018, 07:19 AM
Probably new signings need to be done today in time to play Sunday I’d have thought. Imagine last night will have taken a bit out of them but then the high of going through will be a boost.

Seen this on the gossip column as well. Seems Well have there own problems.

Now Ryan Bowman has been ruled out for a lengthy spell, Motherwell face a selection headache for Saturday's Premiership opener against Hibernian with Charles Dunne also injured, Chris Cadden doubtful and Allan Campbell suspended. (National)

Cedric Kipre also apparently the subject of a bid, so whether he will play depends on that.

murray26
03-08-2018, 07:21 AM
This will be tough as already said we have a light squad and desperately need to freshen things up for Sunday.. Kamberi is already carrying a knock maybe start shaw or fingers crossed Maclaren..

Seveno
03-08-2018, 07:23 AM
The team will be tired for what will be a very physical game. Hope we get a decent referee. Steve McLean would do.

TheCabbage
03-08-2018, 07:24 AM
The team will be tired for what will be a very physical game. Hope we get a decent referee. Steve McLean would do.

It’s bobby madden

hibee-boys
03-08-2018, 07:26 AM
I think we should be looking to rest the bulk of the team.

The European tie next week has to be our immediate priority, plenty time to make up any lost points that we could lose against Motherwell.

Rest the bulk of the team?.....and replace them with who? Don't really think we've got the strength in depth yet to start rotating the first team, i'd expect a couple of changes maximum, unless a few new names come through the door by then.

It's a bit early in the season to start talking about resting players, they'll only be doing light training between now and Sunday, sure they'll be fine.

JimBHibees
03-08-2018, 07:34 AM

Thought McLean was poor last season.

Tug Wilson
03-08-2018, 07:39 AM
My concerns would be Kamberi and Stevenson.

Flo obviously carrying a knock and might need a rest.

Lewis obviously did some damage to his knee but being Lewis he battled through. He might get a reaction after the game once the adrenaline subsides.

Not sure who their direct replacements would be.

However there are players who can come in and do a job.

SirDavidsNapper
03-08-2018, 07:42 AM
It's a hard one. On one hand the boost last night will have given the payers will have been immense. On the other hand it will have taken it's toll both physically and mentally and also add the travelling in which is draining in itself. In saying that this is Hibs we're talking about. They just keep on surprising me.

sauzee=legend
03-08-2018, 07:51 AM
Full strength Sunday unless players have a knock.
Start of with a win and build the gap 😉

cleanyman
03-08-2018, 07:53 AM
Mix it up

Next week is more important

bingo70
03-08-2018, 08:14 AM
Rest the bulk of the team?.....and replace them with who? Don't really think we've got the strength in depth yet to start rotating the first team, i'd expect a couple of changes maximum, unless a few new names come through the door by then.

It's a bit early in the season to start talking about resting players, they'll only be doing light training between now and Sunday, sure they'll be fine.

Can’t really be bothered be working out a potential starting 11 but I’d be bringing in Porteous, Bartley, Shaw, new winger from Man City if he signs and is fit, someone to replace Stevenson (forget the name of the U20 LB) if he’s struggling and possibly Whittaker (I realise he was terrible last week, he’s not as bad as some are making out though).

Gatecrasher
03-08-2018, 08:14 AM
Looks like they might be struggling defensively and Kipre might be on his way. I think we will tire but if we can start brightly and get ahead that will give us something to hang on to.

Billy Whizz
03-08-2018, 08:18 AM
I can’t see Lennon changing the bulk of the side, unless we have injuries. League is our bread and butter, and we’ve been handed a good opening bunch of fixtures
May see Porteous and shaw get starts.

Borderhibbie76
03-08-2018, 08:23 AM
It's a hard one. On one hand the boost last night will have given the payers will have been immense. On the other hand it will have taken it's toll both physically and mentally and also add the travelling in which is draining in itself. In saying that this is Hibs we're talking about. They just keep on surprising me.They flew home last night after the game I believe so day off today and light training 2moro - it's only early in the season we should be fine for Sunday. Like a few others have said perhaps rest maybe Flo and Wee Lewy if they are carrying knocks - hopefully Agyepong and maybe Jamie Mac signed in time - if not Shaw and Boyle up front- not quite sure who replaces Lewy mind??

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

danhibees1875
03-08-2018, 08:24 AM
We lack much in the was of strength in depth at the moment.

While I'm happy (but not thrilled at the prospect, for all) for Porteous, Whittaker, Swanson, Bartley, Martin, and Shaw to step up - it's maybe a stretch to bring them all in at once.

RoscoHibby
03-08-2018, 08:26 AM
They flew home last night after the game I believe so day off today and light training 2moro - it's only early in the season we should be fine for Sunday. Like a few others have said perhaps rest maybe Flo and Wee Lewy if they are carrying knocks - hopefully Agyepong and maybe Jamie Mac signed in time - if not Shaw and Boyle up front- not quite sure who replaces Lewy mind??

Sure i read that due to the flight change we're not back in Edinburgh until 2pm today...

Elephant Stone
03-08-2018, 08:28 AM
It will be a really hard game I reckon, even teams with huge squads struggle in these after-Europe games. I would be making changes, probably Bartley, Shaw and Porteous to come in - at least. The last thing we need is someone getting injured from playing too frequently too soon in the new season.

Borderhibbie76
03-08-2018, 08:29 AM
We lack much in the was of strength in depth at the moment.

While I'm happy (but not thrilled at the prospect, for all) for Porteous, Whittaker, Swanson, Bartley, Martin, and Shaw to step up - it's maybe a stretch to bring them all in at once.And there is no need to it's only the start of season...including euro ties we've only played 7 matches in July so no need for wholesale changes - I'd maybe just rest any carrying knocks for next Thurs - other than that we should be good to go

Keith_M
03-08-2018, 08:29 AM
They normally take the tickets out for the pods on the friday before the game, so maybe they'll open the south for sale today as well.

danhibees1875
03-08-2018, 08:45 AM
And there is no need to it's only the start of season...including euro ties we've only played 7 matches in July so no need for wholesale changes - I'd maybe just rest any carrying knocks for next Thurs - other than that we should be good to go

Time of the season isn't as relevant as being asked to play Thursday, Sunday, Thursday, Sunday though IMO, including travelling - that's going to have an effect whether it's August or April. Throw in the "protection" idea of not wanting players to pick up injuries on Sunday ahead of Thursday and that's the basis for my opinion that a bit of rotation could be good.

Either way, Lennon and the team will know better than I what players can cope with and I'm sure he'll manage the squad appropriately. :aok: