PDA

View Full Version : Tickets Shocked

haggisbaws
03-08-2018, 04:55 AM
My ex wife went to get tickets for Sundays game for my 11 yo autistic grandson and his uncle, my son, as his carer but as he is under 12 his carer has to pay full price as under 12 has to be with an adult anyway yet i can get season tickets for him and I for reduced price as I am disabled. I must admit to being shocked at this situation

Carheenlea
03-08-2018, 06:16 AM
Don’t really see what the issue is here if your son and grandsons uncle are not disabled, they wouldn’t fall into any category to entitle them to discounted seats?

hibee1875
03-08-2018, 06:20 AM
What’s the issue? You get discounted tickets as your disabled, his uncle doesn’t as he isn’t?

Scouse Hibee
03-08-2018, 06:23 AM
My ex wife went to get tickets for Sundays game for my 11 yo autistic grandson and his uncle, my son, as his carer but as he is under 12 his carer has to pay full price as under 12 has to be with an adult anyway yet i can get season tickets for him and I for reduced price as I am disabled. I must admit to being shocked at this situation

I’m shocked that you’re shocked, it makes perfect sense to me.

hibee316
03-08-2018, 06:28 AM
Do carers usually get reduced price tickets for Hibs? I'm not sure how it works.

I worked for the Lothian Autistic Society and if we took the kids places we would pay for them but we would get in for free most of the time.

But since you say all under 12's need to be with an adult, essentially every child is going with a care-giver who pays full price, regardless of any additional needs.

Would be interesting to know what other clubs do in this situation.
Should Hibs be taking a leaf out of the book of places such as swimming, soft play and the cinema?
Are we legally obliged to?

haggisbaws
03-08-2018, 08:53 AM
Thats my point disabled persons carer is free, my grandson is disabled, he is Autistic, his uncle who is taking him isn't but as his carer he is supposed to be free

Green_one
03-08-2018, 09:03 AM
Thats my point disabled persons carer is free, my grandson is disabled, he is Autistic, his uncle who is taking him isn't but as his carer he is supposed to be free

Still do not understand your position. All kids need an adult so it is consistent to charge all adults. Examples of kids entertainments, which do not charge, are not valid as the adult is merely accompanying the child and I assume is not actually being entertained. Your son must be getting some potential benefit from attending, no?

I think Hibs are leading in respect of autistic fans

03-08-2018, 09:11 AM
I get the guys point. You can get a ST as a carer (I’ve a mate who has one) if you have a kid that needs one, but he’s saying he can’t get a single ticket on the same terms.

Edit: hang on, maybe I’ve missed the point here.

Edit: No, I’ve not!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hibee316
03-08-2018, 09:15 AM
I get the guys point. You can get a ST as a carer (I’ve a mate who has one) if you have a kid that needs one, but he’s saying he can’t get a single ticket on the same terms.

Edit: hang on, maybe I’ve missed the point here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah, I didn't get that from the first post.

If you can get a free ST as a carer, then it surely means you should could get an individual match ticket free as a carer as well.

Chic Murray
03-08-2018, 09:15 AM
If every 12 year old that goes has to be accompanied, what difference does it make if the kid is autistic?

The crux, to me, is that all people under 12 need a carer.

Spike Mandela
03-08-2018, 09:23 AM
If every 12 year old that goes has to be accompanied, what difference does it make if the kid is autistic?

It makes a great deal of difference if a child is autistic. They need a familiar presence with a great deal of experience in how to deal with their condition. It is not simply keeping an eye on them making sure they get their pie and soft drink..

Hibs pride themselves on being autism friendly and think the carer should at least be discounted but I would suggest they should be free and would encourage the OP to contact the club on this matter.

J-C
03-08-2018, 09:25 AM
Would it have to be a registered carer that gets the free entry, maybe that's the issue. His uncle isn't the regular registered carer, so maybe has to pay full price due to this.

murray26
03-08-2018, 09:25 AM
It makes a great deal of difference if a child is autistic. They need a familiar presence with a great deal of experience in how to deal with their condition. It is not simply keeping an eye on them making sure they get their pie and soft drink..

Hibs pride themselves on being autism friendly and think the carer should at least be discounted but I would suggest they should be free and would encourage the OP to contact the club on this matter.

👍

hibee316
03-08-2018, 09:33 AM

I think the difference is that a carer is doing a job, having to look out for specific needs of the person they are caring for.

Someone said it more eloquently than me above though.

hibee316
03-08-2018, 09:34 AM
Would it have to be a registered carer that gets the free entry, maybe that's the issue. His uncle isn't the regular registered carer, so maybe has to pay full price due to this.

Sounds plausible.

Baw187
03-08-2018, 09:47 AM

Great point.

Billychaotic182
03-08-2018, 10:03 AM
in my family we have two disabled season tickets and two carers. On all home Europe games and cup games we have two paid tickets and two free Carer tickets. We have never had any bother getting tickets for carers and never had any problems having other friends using the Carer tickets to help the disabled family members when the original carers can’t make it.

We are all adults however so I’m not sure the rules when it regards to a child disabled season ticket. As said I’d hope it would be the same as mentioned in other posts here.

IWasThere2016
03-08-2018, 10:10 AM

Spot on Spike.