PDA

View Full Version : Mcginn

GGTTH07
02-08-2018, 09:50 PM
What a servant and player he has been to our club. Has been the key part in this transformation. Love him, a true Hibernian great.

Golden Bear
02-08-2018, 09:55 PM
I've been following Hibs since the early 1960's and John Mcginn is without a doubt up there with the very best to have worn the jersey. It's been a pleasure watching the guy and hopefully he'll stick around for another season.

LancsHibs
02-08-2018, 09:58 PM
Would love to have SJM for the rest of the season. He is irreplaceable to us

hfc rd
02-08-2018, 09:59 PM
Legend. Would love him to still be here beyond the transfer window but if he was to leave this month, I wish all the very best for the rest of his career. He deserves it! For me, up there as one of the best ever Hibs players in my lifetime.

Pretty Boy
02-08-2018, 10:00 PM
I said on another thread that he has been class personified in the last few weeks.

No I’ll judged comments to the press, no hint of disruption or sign that he’s disgruntled. Head down, performing well, playing with passion and popped up with a goal tonight.

He deserves a crack at a higher level, be that the Champions League with Celtic or the EPL week in week out, but wherever and whenever he goes his class on and off the pitch means he’ll leave with nothing but my best wishes.

A proper Hibs legend who has been a joy to watch. It’s propably unlikely but I hope we can sort something out so we can enjoy him for another season and still make some money.

Malthibby
02-08-2018, 10:00 PM
We may not get to the group stages but we would not have been even close without him, genuinely hope he stays & he see what happens.
GG

bingo70
02-08-2018, 10:01 PM
Best player since Sauzee.

I’d be hard pushed to say he was a better footballer than Sauzee but he’s been the most influential and important player since Le God.

Hope we do all we can to keep him next season, and that includes losing him for nothing next season if needs be.

To turn our heads now it has to be a £5m bid imo.

Malthibby
02-08-2018, 10:01 PM
We may not get to the group stages but we would not have been even close without him, genuinely hope he stays & he see what happens.
GG

WE, I'm pished.
GG

Jim44
02-08-2018, 10:02 PM
I ❤️ John McGlinn.

bigstu
02-08-2018, 10:02 PM
1 of the best players to have played for Hibs in my lifetime (i'm 32)

Vault Boy
02-08-2018, 10:03 PM
Sums up everything right about the club these last few years. What a player, no matter what happens I hope he flourishes and has a stupendous career. I've no doubt he will.

Juniper Greens
02-08-2018, 10:06 PM
Can we keep him please?!

KSA Hibee
02-08-2018, 10:09 PM
Best player since Sauzee.

I’d be hard pushed to say he was a better footballer than Sauzee but he’s been the most influential and important player since Le God.

Hope we do all we can to keep him next season, and that includes losing him for nothing next season if needs be.

To turn our heads now it has to be a £5m bid imo.

I don’t think I would have enough biscuits in if I was to catch these 2 in a 3some with the wife ... oh wait .. panic over .. I can get some at the garage 🙏💚💚

Diclonius
02-08-2018, 10:10 PM
I'm starting to think we should tell Celtic to **** off and let him run out his contract.

lochhibs
02-08-2018, 10:17 PM
I'm starting to think we should tell Celtic to **** off and let him run out his contract.

Agree. He’s pure class and we’d struggle to replace him.

Billy McKirdy
02-08-2018, 10:25 PM
If John McGinn stays to see us into the group stages the revenue from that alone will make any transfer fee we’ll get if we sell him now totally insignificant. He’s worth that gamble in my mind.
Definitely in the top five best players I’ve seen at Hibs in my 40 years going to games. Keep him to the end of the season.

The Leith Dutch
02-08-2018, 10:32 PM
I said on another thread that he has been class personified in the last few weeks.

No I’ll judged comments to the press, no hint of disruption or sign that he’s disgruntled. Head down, performing well, playing with passion and popped up with a goal tonight.

He deserves a crack at a higher level, be that the Champions League with Celtic or the EPL week in week out, but wherever and whenever he goes his class on and off the pitch means he’ll leave with nothing but my best wishes.

A proper Hibs legend who has been a joy to watch. It’s propably unlikely but I hope we can sort something out so we can enjoy him for another season and still make some money.

Absolutely. A hell of a lot of "professional" footballers could learn a metric **** ton about professionalism from John McGinn.

Borderhibbie76
02-08-2018, 10:34 PM
I'm starting to think we should tell Celtic to **** off and let him run out his contract.Me too mate he's worth too much to us to sell for their joke bids

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

21sMay
02-08-2018, 10:38 PM
outstanding tonight . says a lot for the man.

The_Horde
02-08-2018, 10:40 PM
That was the performance of a 4 million pound player. At the very least. Class. Passion. Skill and graft.

S4uzee
02-08-2018, 10:41 PM
Attitude .... the key for me. What an outstanding player. Still gives absolutely everything

Babyshamble
02-08-2018, 10:41 PM
Absolute class.Hibs legend.apart from the obvious,one of my all time favourite players was Gordon Hunter.SJM is up there..

RoYO!
02-08-2018, 10:46 PM
Mcginn- interest from old firm- heart on sleeve, drive, determination, spirit, skill, winning.

Laugherty- interest from old firm- chucked it, toys.. everywhere.

Everything we thought we knew about SJM in the last few seasons has been supported and corroborated in the last few weeks. What a pleasure he’s been to see play in a hibs shirt. Thank you SJM.

GreenCastle
02-08-2018, 10:51 PM
Legend and nights like tonight show what Johns true value.

He is a warrior and would be amazing if he stayed till the end of the season.

Austinho
02-08-2018, 10:56 PM
Get him in the Hibernian Hall of Fame already.

kevo1875
02-08-2018, 10:56 PM
No matter what happens between now and whenever he leaves this boy has been nothing short of brilliant for us ... attitude desire and a will to win and if he leaves for who ever I just want to say....John Mcginn thank u so much for what u have done for this club ...THANK U SJM ....wat a ****** player

hibeez1875
02-08-2018, 11:01 PM
1 of the best players to have played for Hibs in my lifetime (i'm 32)
We'll have decades without SJM in a Hibs shirt - or anyone else approaching his class (possibly) - so please Hibs, can we tell Celtic to get stuffed and keep him for another season. It's only money after all ..

Unseen work
02-08-2018, 11:10 PM
Added another million to his value tonight.

matty_f
02-08-2018, 11:11 PM
Boy just keeps getting better. I thought he was great last season but his last two performances have raised the bar again.

McGinn alone is worth the season ticket money, I love watching him, the Sauzee comparisons are fair, he's not technically as good as Le God was, but he's every bit as inspirational and has the heart of a lion (not literally).

Whatever we end up selling SJM for, it'll not be enough imho.

Unseen work
03-08-2018, 12:20 AM
Wonder if Leeds will make a move now after selling Ronaldo Vieira...

monktonharp
03-08-2018, 01:05 AM
What a servant and player he has been to our club. Has been the key part in this transformation. Love him, a true Hibernian great.he already has legendary status for playing in the cup final in 2016. apart from that, he has been one of the main reasons for our club's revival over the last few years and his status has risen (in my mind) to the level of the Turnbull Tornadoes, and if he'd been in that team we would have won the league , as we should have done!. However, John Mc Ginn is up there with Pat Stanton, and a few from that team for his services to Hibernian. I wish we could have him in years to come but I wish him all the best for what he has done. best payer I have seen in Green since Stanton/O'Rourke and Riordon.

NAE NOOKIE
03-08-2018, 01:45 AM
Just one of the best players to have turned out for this club in the 40 odd years I've been going to games;

Is he technically the best? ... no
Does he make mistakes? …… Yes
Is he a speed merchant? …… no
Can he have the odd bad game? … yes

But on his day the guy can absolutely own a football pitch because the sum is greater than the parts, and his day is more often than not. Strength, guts, attitude, commitment, will to win, drive, determination, 100% effort all the time every time even when things aren't going his or Hibs way and he can play football as well ….. that and more is what you get from John McGinn and as if that wasn't enough you get total and utter professionalism both on and off the pitch.

This young man is and has been a credit to himself and Hibernian Football club and if he does go before the transfer window shuts can there be a Hibs fan out there who wont wish him all the very very best for a long and illustrious career? I doubt if there has been a better loved player since Sauzee and IMO he has done more for Hibs than Frank ever did …. So please, please would some club down south or even on the continent recognise what a talent this guy is and stump up what he is realistically worth, which is a minimum of 4 million quid, there are guys going for twice that who couldn't lace his boots …. if he was to turn up at Easter Road later on this season in a Celtic shirt I genuinely don't think I would be able to stop myself from bloody crying.

When he does go I guess the moniker 'super' will be up for grabs …. it will have to be a hell of a player to live up to the man who is passing it on :aok:

Stanton1972
03-08-2018, 02:12 AM
I don’t say a lot on this but this guy has me purring! SJM, you are one true legend of this club, a brilliant professional who does everything the Hibs way and I for one will miss this guy when he does eventually get his deserved move but can go with my best wishes, top boy, top guy, Legend.

tonyrougier123
03-08-2018, 02:18 AM
It surprises me that no one really likens mcginn to sauzee, ticks all the same attribute boxes.best in a hibs top since!!imagine what sauzee would have cost at 24 now.both of them got the heart of a lion.

FilipinoHibs
03-08-2018, 02:26 AM
It surprises me that no one really likens mcginn to sauzee, ticks all the same attribute boxes.best in a hibs top since!!imagine what sauzee would have cost at 24 now.both of them got the heart of a lion.

If you go to Olympic Marseilles museum you will see a montage to the European Champions winning team - Sauzee is described as the Herat and beat of the team, .

tonyrougier123
03-08-2018, 02:34 AM
If you go to Olympic Marseilles museum you will see a montage to the European Champions winning team - Sauzee is described as the Herat and beat of the team, .
I was young at the time but I remember that marseille team.but what tops that team winning the european cup for me was the attitude of sauzee when he came to easter road,couldve turned up earned a wage, but just got hibs and always gave his all,I see sjm as same type of player deserves big things in his career,with hibs ofcourse 😉

soupernashwan
03-08-2018, 05:25 AM
What a player, what a guy, what a song. I can't imagine why there's not a queue round the block for his signature. At the very least the performance last night should surely introduce some competition for Celtic. And if they feel under pressure you'd think that would lead to a credible bid. At this point though, I'm increasingly thinking "screw the business model" and just keep him for the pleasure he offers in the park. And if what some posters are saying is true, it may even be financially prudent to do so if we continue to progress in Europe.

One thought is, if Celtic really don't need SJM now would the buy him and loan back to us for the duration of our European run? Seems far fetched and would definitely need some rival bids to force their hand!