PDA

View Full Version : David Gray

Keyser Sauzee
02-08-2018, 09:43 PM
Any1 else starting to think the he’s played his way back into NL’s plans over the last few games? I know he’s had his injuries last season but just felt like he was slipping right down the pecking order. He was excellent in the first half tonight and the 2nd half last week and I think Lennon must be delighted with him.

bingo70
02-08-2018, 09:45 PM
Absolutely superb player.

Not convinced he is a wing back however he’s never let us down there, when he’s allowed to just be a defensive right back he is terrific.

Love the guy and not just for sentimental reasons.

Tyler Durden
02-08-2018, 09:45 PM
Thought he was great but if we have 2 good strikers available then Boyle will revert to first choice wing back.

Gray will still get plenty games though as we’ll need to rotate with our Europa commitments 😉

Great to see him back to his best though

Scotty Leither
02-08-2018, 09:46 PM
Yup...just like a new signing in my book. He had a rough time with injuries last year and always looked like he was playing with a knock/niggly injury whenever he played. Another one like wee Louie who would walk into any side in the league bar Celtc.

JohnM1875
02-08-2018, 09:46 PM
Thought he was great but if we have 2 good strikers available then Boyle will revert to first choice wing back.

Gray will still get plenty games though as we’ll need to rotate with our Europa commitments 😉

Great to see him back to his best though

100% agree. Hopefully us securing MacLaren will make this a possibility.

Pretty Boy
02-08-2018, 09:49 PM
When he ran 30 yards tonight to get rid of their players surrounding Boyle when he was down injured sums hims up.

We had been under the cosh for a spell and he got right over and made sure no one in our team was bullied. A proper captain who always seems to step up whe he’s really needed. Brondby away, the Scottish Cup Final, 2nd half last week.......

He’s a diamond.

Vault Boy
02-08-2018, 09:50 PM
When he ran 30 yards tonight to get rid of their players surrounding Boyle when he was down injured sums hims up.

We had been under the cosh for a spell and he got right over and made sure no one in our team was bullied. A proper captain who always seems to step up whe he’s really needed. Brondby away, the Scottish Cup Final, 2nd half last week.......

He’s a diamond.

Great post. Sir David just reaffirmed tonight how important he is for us when he's fit. Captain, leader and legend.

Onion
SDG is a magnificent player, hero and captain fantastic. Not in the least surprised he's BACK :greengrin

marinello59
He was brilliant tonight. Back to his best.h

Lancs Harp

He’s a diamond.

This.

murray26
02-08-2018, 09:51 PM
I thought he was absolutely brilliant tonight.. hopefully he can get some luck on the injury front and have a long run in the team.. living/ playing legend..

JohnM1875
02-08-2018, 09:53 PM

He’s a diamond.

Said the exact same to my mates tonight. That right there is a club captain!! I absolutely love Hanlon but he doesn't have that about him. I absolutely love Gray and I always will.

GreenLake
02-08-2018, 09:55 PM
He loves to win. Great to see him back in the team.

SirDavidsNapper
02-08-2018, 09:59 PM
He's like a new signing. Inspirational big game player. Great to see him back.

Nameless
02-08-2018, 10:04 PM
I was born in 82, so I'm not old enough to worship the famous 5 or Turnbulls Tornados. I only just remembered the Team That Wouldn't Die, and to be honest, the McLeish and Mogga era's didn't generate a real folk hero (Sauzee, Boozy & Murphy came close for me). SDG is my man crush, my hero and my favourite ever Hibs player - 50 years from now I will bore my grandkids with exaggerated stories of his daring do's, and tell them how no right back since has ever matched up to him.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

tamig
02-08-2018, 10:06 PM
Outstanding performance from SDG tonight.

hfc rd
02-08-2018, 10:07 PM
Sir David Gray - Captain Fantastic

What a leader we have!

calumhibee1
02-08-2018, 10:09 PM
Outstanding tonight and in the second half of the first leg.

Sir David Gray
02-08-2018, 10:10 PM
He hasn't been knighted for no reason. I would give him a 10 year contract.

LeithMike
02-08-2018, 10:25 PM

Gray will still get plenty games though as we’ll need to rotate with our Europa commitments [emoji6]

Great to see him back to his best thoughAgree with this but wouldn't mind SDG playing on the right hand side of the back 3. His defensive game is excellent and he's very good in the air. Would also be able to push play up the right when needed. Efe does this role pretty well already but I think SDG could do a not bad job of it too.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bishop Hibee
02-08-2018, 10:26 PM
Our best defender this evening. Has to start v Motherwell if fit.

Shrekko
02-08-2018, 10:29 PM
The legend grew tonight. Absolutely brilliant.

CMurdoch
02-08-2018, 10:29 PM
As others have said SDG is like a new signing.
I must admit i thought he was on the way out last season but he has come roaring back to top form.
His goal last week and more so his wonderful 1st half performance tonight sees him right back (no pun intended) in the first team :aok:.

bingo70
02-08-2018, 10:30 PM
He hasn't been knighted for no reason. I would give him a 10 year contract.

He should certainly have a job for life at hibs if he wants it.

21sMay
02-08-2018, 10:41 PM
loves a great European display btw

Galahibby
02-08-2018, 10:54 PM
💚

The_Horde
02-08-2018, 10:58 PM
loves a great European display btw

In all seriousness I don't think European teams know how to cope with his energy, drive and athleticism. If he pished in my cornflakes I'd..

Probably chuck them out and give him a slap. But he's still a legend.

CockneyRebel
02-08-2018, 11:01 PM
As others have said SDG is like a new signing.
I must admit i thought he was on the way out last season but he has come roaring back to top form.
His goal last week and more so his wonderful 1st half performance tonight sees him right back (no pun intended) in the first team :aok:.

Can't argue with any of that pal - when he's fit he's still got it.

Unseen work
02-08-2018, 11:07 PM
He was brilliant.

First half especially they were putting us under a lot of pressure from crosses but his reading of the play and interceptions were vital in keeping us in it.

Also seems to have a not bad goal scoring record for a full back, especially in big games.

Centre Hawf
02-08-2018, 11:11 PM
100% agree. Hopefully us securing MacLaren will make this a possibility.

Can’t disagree more (not trying to be a pain) but at the moment I’d far rather see Gray at RWB than Boyle. I love Boyles work rate but Grays physicality and general defensive capabilities trump Boyle for me.

CyberSauzee
02-08-2018, 11:13 PM
SDG was MOTM after 15 minutes. Thank f___ we still have him

BILLYHIBS
03-08-2018, 06:50 AM
SDG a rock last night in defence and a threat in attack!

:not worth

Allant1981
03-08-2018, 06:52 AM
guy is a legend, can do no wrong in my eyes!

Hibernian32
03-08-2018, 06:56 AM
Who put the ball in the rangers net?
DAVY DAVY
Who put the ball in the rangers net?
DAVY DAVY GRAY!