PDA

View Full Version : Asteras Tripolis

SirDavidsNapper
02-08-2018, 09:39 PM
Say what you want about them, dirty tactics etc but i thought they were outstanding with 10 men. That was a long half.

bingo70
02-08-2018, 09:43 PM
Say what you want about them, dirty tactics etc but i thought they were outstanding with 10 men. That was a long half.

They were a very good side imo.

Don’t want to say we were lucky as we certainly weren’t but I think a combination of us being quite street wise, disciplined, a really good side ourselves and possibly getting a bit good fortune when we needed it was enough.

I’d be very surprised if Molde were technically as good and quick as them.

Pretty Boy
02-08-2018, 09:44 PM
We just beat a really good team there.

They aren’t top class but they were technically very good and they had a core of fine players. That young lad who came on up top looked the real deal and I wouldn’t be shocked to see him at a bigger club in the not too distant future.

At 0-2 last week no one could have predicted that we’d be sitting here on cloud 9 tonight. We rode our luck to an extent for a spell tonight but we won 3/4s of the tie 4-1. It should be impossible not to be impressed by that.

hibby6270
02-08-2018, 09:50 PM
Good footballing team that they undoubtedly were, their biggest letdown was the typical continental malaise of diving, fouling, ‘cheating’ and playacting as though the whole world was against them. Cut those elements out and they’d have the beating of a lot of teams quite easily. Thank goodness they haven’t learned that lesson yet.:greengrin

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
02-08-2018, 09:52 PM
I thought they were Good, I just think they lacked an ability to really up the pace and pressure - I think the lack of fans and atmosphere in the stadium probably hinders them too, as we saw last week they really can give players and extra 5 or 10%

bingo70
02-08-2018, 09:55 PM

They aren’t top class but they were technically very good and they had a core of fine players. That young lad who came on up top looked the real deal and I wouldn’t be shocked to see him at a bigger club in the not too distant future.

At 0-2 last week no one could have predicted that we’d be sitting here on cloud 9 tonight. We rode our luck to an extent for a spell tonight but we won 3/4s of the tie 4-1. It should be impossible not to be impressed by that.

Think that lad was only 18. He will go on to be a top player somewhere.

Not really sure the best way to describe it but that team today were probably the most difficult type of team we could come up against. Molde will be a very good side too but I’d be surprised if they were technically as good and quick as this Greek mob were.

I’d imagine Molde will be a bit more direct, maybe a bit more physical up front but not as nippy and tricky as the Greeks. That brings its own difficulties and they will be favourites but I think we’re better suited to that kind of game than we were tonight.

Borderhibbie76
02-08-2018, 11:28 PM
T

At 0-2 last week no one could have predicted that we’d be sitting here on cloud 9 tonight. We rode our luck to an extent for a spell tonight but we won 3/4s of the tie 4-1. It should be impossible not to be impressed by that.They were a decent side no doubt...and their home record is outstanding so we done extremely well there tonight. Probably better than anything we will face in the league this season bar Celtic...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
03-08-2018, 01:04 AM
They were a very good side imo.

Don’t want to say we were lucky as we certainly weren’t but I think a combination of us being quite street wise, disciplined, a really good side ourselves and possibly getting a bit good fortune when we needed it was enough.

I’d be very surprised if Molde were technically as good and quick as them.

You don’t think we were lucky that they missed a host of chances? Number 17 with the miss of misses!

monktonharp
03-08-2018, 01:20 AM
You don’t think we were lucky that they missed a host of chances? Number 17 with the miss of misses!We did carry a bit of luck, no doubt .the big masked man should have scored wi that header, the other one in the first half hit the bar, but do remember that our goalie brought out at least 2 top class saves too. that is what goalies are employed for, at this level :wink: Nah, I prefer to think that they missed a couple o' real chances and we missed a couple of other chances to put them to bed. thems the breks!. they hardly outplayed us.

Baader
03-08-2018, 02:06 AM
They're a good side for sure. Second half was tough.

Iggy Pope
03-08-2018, 02:27 AM
They're a good side for sure. Second half was tough.

Having witnessed the game you are spot on. It was tough and we could probably have done better when they went down to 10. I also think Hibs are a good side though and I’d imagine our opponents now think likewise, time wasting scrotes that they are!

tonyrougier123
03-08-2018, 02:28 AM
Technically very good and professional but lacked just a wee bit sjm style in there midfield.😉

bingo70
03-08-2018, 05:20 AM
You don’t think we were lucky that they missed a host of chances? Number 17 with the miss of misses!

I said we carried a bit good fortune. Don’t think that means we were lucky to get through though.

Imo we were as good as them, they just had the momentum and pressure in the last half hour as they really needed to go for it and we got a bit nervous. As you say they missed a few chances but we also had our opportunities on the break we should have done better with.

norhfc
03-08-2018, 05:25 AM
Discipline was a problem for them, often played the ref, who was excellent btw, instead of the game. We done well to get past them, Molde will be tough also but so are we.