PDA

View Full Version : Mass brawl and stabbings outside Ibrox.

Hibrandenburg
02-08-2018, 09:36 PM
Who, what and why?

Pretty Boy
02-08-2018, 09:39 PM
According to Rangers fans on Twitter it was all the Green Brigades fault.:rolleyes:

02-08-2018, 09:40 PM
Will have been the Chelsea fans again . . .

poolman
02-08-2018, 09:41 PM
Who, what and why?

Is that not a normal day out at the footy for them :dunno:

CMac1988
02-08-2018, 09:42 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/3016834/men-stabbed-fight-ibrox-rangers-osijek-paisley-road-west-video/

bodhibs
02-08-2018, 09:44 PM
Unsurprising really, strange lot who's behaviour has not changed one bit in their 6 history. Scotland's shame

Pretty Boy
02-08-2018, 09:46 PM
Those pesky West of Scotland and Scottish Cup F.C. fans at it again.

KSA Hibee
02-08-2018, 09:47 PM
Who, what and why?

Apparently free soap was being handed out to those in need and it seems they totally underestimated the demand ... it all kicked off when the free talc box got opened .....

CathroMustStay
02-08-2018, 09:48 PM
Sevconian bigots be Sevconian bigots.

McSwanky
02-08-2018, 09:48 PM
Don't think anyone will be pointing fingers at the Rangers fans here, I mean it's not as if they've been involved in any trouble before, is it? :rolleyes:

Lancs Harp
02-08-2018, 09:49 PM
Clearly being goaded by Hibs fans.

Smartie
02-08-2018, 09:50 PM
Those pesky West of Scotland and Scottish Cup F.C. fans at it again.

Europa League spectators this time surely?

ancient hibee
02-08-2018, 09:51 PM
Suspect it’s Croatian fans starting the trouble.Black hoodies no Rangers tops.

Pete
02-08-2018, 09:51 PM
Is that Rangers fighting with the Croatian mob or is it someone else?

IncredibleHibee
02-08-2018, 09:52 PM
I dont know what has happened so this is just a general comment but it cant always be everyone else's fault. Surely at some stage even the The Rangers board have to accept some of their fans are continually causing trouble and take some kind of action.

hibsbollah
02-08-2018, 09:54 PM
Goading must surely have been a factor

Bostonhibby
02-08-2018, 09:57 PM
Heroic sevco fans will be protecting someone from something or other.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

brianmc
02-08-2018, 09:58 PM
Suspect it’s Croatian fans starting the trouble.Black hoodies no Rangers tops.

Indeed. It appeared to be Croats handing out a beating to the Hun. (Oh dear....)

Flicked the TV over to the hun game when it was half time at ours. I commented to my lassie who was watching with me that there were only about a dozen Croatian fans in the away end..

Flicked back over after our game finished and a mob of around 60 (I'd guess) , black hoodie wearing Croats had appeared in the away corner.

These videos appear to show where that mob were during the first half! 🥊

CMurdoch
02-08-2018, 09:59 PM
https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/3016834/men-stabbed-fight-ibrox-rangers-osijek-paisley-road-west-video/

Who is fighting who?????
Bunch of halfwits.
The team they were playing tonight barely has 1000 fans at their home games so would be lucky to have 50 fans at tonights match.
Were the teddybears fighting each other?
Wish they would bore off.

murray26
02-08-2018, 10:01 PM
Did they not get a kicking off Wigan at the weekend too.. poor we souls.. nobody likes us..

SouthMoroccoStu
02-08-2018, 10:03 PM
Father Ted
“Ah those, Protestants, up to no good again”

But in all seriousness, once again, Rangers fans are the shame of Scotland

WHAM
02-08-2018, 10:06 PM
From all the videos doing the rounds, it looks like a group of Croatian ultras walked up Paisley Road West and started attacking Rangers fans on their way to the game with pyro flares etc. A couple of rangers fans quite badly hurt.

It then looks like the Rangers fans regroup (with some ICF turning up) and chase the Croats back down the street with some of them ending up on the ground getting a shoe-ing.

Not one to normally defend that lot but don’t think they are to blame on this occasion, especially when it’s clear European ultras group are quite renowned for taking liberties.

Apparently it’s 2 Croats who have ended up with stab wounds though. Can’t really defend that.

Jim44
02-08-2018, 10:09 PM
A***ho*les, both of them.

brianmc
02-08-2018, 10:09 PM
From all the videos doing the rounds, it looks like a group of Croatian ultras walked up Paisley Road West and started attacking Rangers fans on their way to the game with pyro flares etc. A couple of rangers fans quite badly hurt.

It then looks like the Rangers fans regroup (with some ICF turning up) and chase the Croats back down the street with some of them ending up on the ground getting a shoe-ing.

Not one to normally defend that lot but don’t think they are to blame on this occasion, especially when it’s clear European ultras group are quite renowned for taking liberties.

Apparently it’s 2 Croats who have ended up with stab wounds though. Can’t really defend that.

That's pretty much my take on events as well.

Smartie
02-08-2018, 10:10 PM

If you decide to run about the streets of Glasgow attacking people then there's every chance of that happening to you though.

Putting aside my dislike of all things Sevco, I don't really have any sympathy for anyone who goes out of their way to get involved in this type of thing getting hurt.

IGRIGI
02-08-2018, 10:14 PM
If they were attacking fans who were on their way to the game with kids around then I'm happy to see they eventually got the kickin' they deserved.

hfc rd
02-08-2018, 10:18 PM
Hope UEFA kick them out. Horrible, disgusting club.

matty_f
02-08-2018, 10:20 PM
Who, what and why?

No doubt a big telly will have broken again. They can't be expected to behave in those circumstances.

SouthMoroccoStu
02-08-2018, 10:25 PM
Online (good old reliable Facebook) reporting it was Croatian fans attacking rangers fans

Yet other reports say it’s 2 Croatian fans being treated for stab wounds...

Seems legitimate....

More info required I think but I know what side of the story I would trust

KDY Hibs
02-08-2018, 10:25 PM
Statement incoming????

WHAM
02-08-2018, 10:26 PM
If they were attacking fans who were on their way to the game with kids around then I'm happy to see they eventually got the kickin' they deserved.

I agree mate.

Supporters of Scottish teams have been the target of these cowardly mobs taking absolute liberties attacking normal fans a few times in the last couple of years (ie. Ajax with Celtic, Aberdeen in Bosnia last year, Slask Wroclaw against Dundee Utd a few years back).

Fair play seeing it get dished back out to them.

Deansy
02-08-2018, 10:35 PM
Shocking lack of professionalism - WHY were the Rangers-players out in public that their fans have once again, been forced into defending them ??

Chuck Rhoades
02-08-2018, 10:44 PM
Good. ICF pricks brought it on.

#hunskelping

The Tubs
02-08-2018, 11:11 PM
I agree mate.

Supporters of Scottish teams have been the target of these cowardly mobs taking absolute liberties attacking normal fans a few times in the last couple of years (ie. Ajax with Celtic, Aberdeen in Bosnia last year, Slask Wroclaw against Dundee Utd a few years back).

Eh?

poolman
02-08-2018, 11:52 PM
I agree mate.

WTF :confused:

EricStoner
02-08-2018, 11:56 PM
Christ, guys!
Let's not bullscheidt ourselves, for f*** sake!
Every chance of this type of thing happening on our manor if we draw a bunch with a following in the final qualifier.
Still happens in football. We generally keep a lid on it over here but we have plenty of 50-y-o 1980s CCS guys who'd still be up for a stushie and plenty of young neds too.

Dashing Bob S
03-08-2018, 01:17 AM
I think we have to take our share of blame. Our selfish antics in May 2016 in winning the cup that was meant for Rangers and our shameless goading, set their entire support into PTSD this latest incident being a manifestation of that.

BullsCloseHibs
03-08-2018, 08:38 AM
Throw the book at the Blue sick bags.

Famous Fiver
03-08-2018, 08:55 AM
Statement silence from Ibrox is deafening.

They were shouting from the rooftops within minutes on 21.05.2016.

Why the silence this time?

McSwanky
03-08-2018, 08:58 AM
Statement silence from Ibrox is deafening.

They were shouting from the rooftops within minutes on 21.05.2016.

Why the silence this time?They didn't get beaten this time?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

bodhibs
03-08-2018, 01:23 PM
Huns using knives now, bunch of phannies

davemcbain
03-08-2018, 01:51 PM
Been a productive summer for them:
Sex Abuse case where they told victim to contact liquidators, pr shambles on away fan limits, racist abuse video from the last round and 2 stabbings this round. Can't help wonder what they have lined up for the rest of the year.:bitchy:

Keith_M
03-08-2018, 01:57 PM
If you decide to run about the streets of Glasgow attacking people then there's every chance of that happening to you though.

Putting aside my dislike of all things Sevco, I don't really have any sympathy for anyone who goes out of their way to get involved in this type of thing getting hurt.

:agree:

If you play Billy Big Baws in Glasgow, then you probably will get hurt... and deserve it.

Since90+2
03-08-2018, 02:02 PM
:agree:

If you play Billy Big Baws in Glasgow, then you probably will get hurt... and deserve it.

Big hard Glasgow eh? Nah, fighting at football is one thing but getting stabbed at a football game is not something anyone deserves.

Billy Whizz
03-08-2018, 02:07 PM
Who carries knives to a football game anyway?

Since90+2
03-08-2018, 02:09 PM
Who carries knives to a football game anyway?

Exactly. What sort of person thinks before they leave the house I better remember my knife? Absolute ****bags.

Smartie
03-08-2018, 02:29 PM
Big hard Glasgow eh? Nah, fighting at football is one thing but getting stabbed at a football game is not something anyone deserves.

Is Glasgow not something like the knife crime capital of the world?

If you go to a notoriously violent place and start assaulting people then I don't think you deserve any sympathy when the inevitable happens to you.

A wee bit of fun fighting at the football to some people but the reality is a bit different.

If I went into certain pubs or certain areas of our own city and started attacking people then I wouldn't be expecting any sympathy if I found myself getting stabbed.

Since90+2
03-08-2018, 02:37 PM
Is Glasgow not something like the knife crime capital of the world?

If you go to a notoriously violent place and start assaulting people then I don't think you deserve any sympathy when the inevitable happens to you.

A wee bit of fun fighting at the football to some people but the reality is a bit different.

If I went into certain pubs or certain areas of our own city and started attacking people then I wouldn't be expecting any sympathy if I found myself getting stabbed.

I have sympathy for anyone who gets stabbed to be honest. Maybe just me.

Phil MaGlass
03-08-2018, 03:08 PM
(insert sweary word) them, they come looking for bother, they got it, deserve everything they get, wether it was the huns or any other teams fans/thugs that done them in. (insert sweary word) them.
If they had done this to Hibs fans and our boys stood up to them and stabbed a few, I would still be saying well done.

hibee316
03-08-2018, 03:10 PM
If they had done this to Hibs fans and our boys stood up to them and stabbed a few, I would still be saying well done.

Wow.

Allant1981
03-08-2018, 03:11 PM
(insert sweary word) them, they come looking for bother, they got it, deserve everything they get, wether it was the huns or any other teams fans/thugs that done them in. (insert sweary word) them.

no one will know exactly what happened and no one deserves to get stabbed going to a football match

Since90+2
03-08-2018, 03:12 PM

Well done? Aye , ok then.

nonshinyfinish
03-08-2018, 03:15 PM
The Croatian fans may well have been dicks, but saying they deserved to get stabbed is so much out of order it’s practically in orbit.

WeeRussell
03-08-2018, 03:19 PM
Well done? Aye , ok then.

Have a feeling he's not being serious and mocking the 'hard man' swearing dismissive 'they deserve it' approach to it all :aok:

johnbc70
03-08-2018, 03:21 PM
Exactly. What sort of person thinks before they leave the house I better remember my knife? Absolute ****bags.

You not seen the Glasgow bus adverts copying our own LRT?

Phone? Check. Wallet? Check. Bus Pass? Check. Knife? Check.

Jim44
03-08-2018, 03:28 PM
If only Gordon Waddell had been around. He would have given a graphic account of the incident. :wink:

silverhibee
03-08-2018, 06:29 PM
Seen this on the news at tea time, some detective from Govan polis saying it was Scottish fans involved in the brawl where two men were stabbed, is he f***ing feared to say it was Rangers fans.

He seemed to also give the opinion that if you come to the big toon and cause bother then this is how the natives deal with you..

ancient hibee
03-08-2018, 06:46 PM
There’s a double page spread in tomorrow’s DR with photographs of people they want to interview.

WoreTheGreen
03-08-2018, 06:46 PM
Aye Scottish fans . Who were Scotland playing must have missed that

HIBERNIAN-0762
03-08-2018, 06:48 PM
Don't worry it will be a masonic cover up.

Billy Whizz
03-08-2018, 06:54 PM
Do we know if the 2 Croatian fans who were stabbed, were living in Scotland, or had travelled over for the game?

Hope the police get the culprits, I’m sure they will

SouthMoroccoStu
03-08-2018, 06:57 PM
Do we know if the 2 Croatian fans who were stabbed, were living in Scotland, or had travelled over for the game?

Hope the police get the culprits, I’m sure they will

I wouldn’t bet on them catching them

Billy Whizz
03-08-2018, 07:01 PM
I wouldn’t bet on them catching them

If they went to the game, I’m sure there will be cctv to zoom in on them. Then they can put all the photos on Police Scotland website, like they did with the Hibs fans

erin go bragh
03-08-2018, 07:08 PM
How anyone can say stabbing someone is ok if they started the trouble first . Any coward who carries a knife, should be locked up . Feel disgusted reading some of the replies on this thread .
Bloody cowards that can’t fight with their hands or feet 😡

SouthMoroccoStu
03-08-2018, 07:10 PM
If they went to the game, I’m sure there will be cctv to zoom in on them. Then they can put all the photos on Police Scotland website, like they did with the Hibs fans

If they’re nearly half as enthusiastic at catching this lot as they in getting the Hibs fans on the pitch I’d be amazed

Keith_M
03-08-2018, 07:10 PM

Normally I'd agree but these guys went there with the sole intent of attacking the home fans, whether the victims are up for a fight or not. This is what many of these these alleged 'Ultras' do.

I have no sympathy for those that got some of what they were there specifically to dish out.

Billy Whizz
03-08-2018, 07:12 PM
Normally I'd agree but these guys went there with the sole intent of attacking the home fans, whether the victims are up for a fight or not. This is what many of these these alleged 'Ultras' do.

I have no sympathy for those that got some of what they were there specifically to dish out.

Were the Croatian boys carrying knives

cabbageandribs1875
03-08-2018, 07:14 PM
ah, the big hard glesca keelies...using their weapons of choice, a chib

have sevco blamed their chelsea pals

Keith_M
03-08-2018, 07:15 PM

Were the Croatian boys there to commit acts of violence and cause injury? You can cause incredible damage by kicking people on the ground and stamping on their head (which is what they did, by the way)

I don't see what difference it makes which weapons they used, knives or boots.

LancashireHibby
03-08-2018, 07:16 PM
Poor form from what would seem to be Rangers fans who were already tooled up (although a quick retreat in to a pub to grab some weapons isn’t exactly unheard of, is it?), but if the Croats are going to go round randomly attacking people then they’re surely going to expect some reaction, and probably take it as a badge of honour in some cases. Story to tell and that. Shame this thing still happens in 2018 but let’s not forget even the likes of Maribor bringing over two dozen fans and twenty of them being utter headcases.

Billy Whizz
03-08-2018, 07:20 PM
Were the Croatian boys there to commit acts of violence and cause injury? You can cause incredible damage by kicking people on the ground and stamping on their head (which is what they did, by the way)

I don't see what difference it makes which weapons they used, knives or boots.
I was only asking, but you didn’t answer my question
How many of them were there in total

hibsbollah
03-08-2018, 07:36 PM
The BBC have drastically changed their website report of the trouble during the day. This morning they didn't reveal the identity of who was stabbed, but by saying 'rangers fans were attacked', the reader would assume it was two rangers fans that were stabbed. These evening it says 'Two Croatian fans stabbed'. Very strange, especially since everybody knew their nationalities since first thing this morning.

Eyrie
03-08-2018, 07:38 PM
I have no sympathy for any idiot who thinks that football is an excuse for violence.

I have every sympathy for innocent fans attacked by such idiots.

cabbageandribs1875
03-08-2018, 07:48 PM
Poor form from what would seem to be Rangers fans who were already tooled up (although a quick retreat in to a pub to grab some weapons isn’t exactly unheard of, is it?), but if the Croats are going to go round randomly attacking people then they’re surely going to expect some reaction, and probably take it as a badge of honour in some cases. Story to tell and that. Shame this thing still happens in 2018 but let’s not forget even the likes of Maribor bringing over two dozen fans and twenty of them being utter headcases.

and they're next up for the sevconians, mon the Mariborians

makaveli1875
03-08-2018, 07:51 PM

Samurai swords apparently , and they were attacking pensioners and weans with them

Lancs Harp
03-08-2018, 09:08 PM
Lets face it Eastern Europe has quite a few backward thinking football fans. Combine that with Glasgows finest and its going to be an interesting situation. as proved.

Bostonhibby
03-08-2018, 09:16 PM
I wouldn’t bet on them catching themThey've absolutely no resources to devote to this.

Police Glasgows crack finding the elephant in the phone box squad are still doing overtime watching 2 year old pictures of smiling hibbies in the hope that they can justify the overtime and get all those outstanding exuberance charges cleared up.

hibbydog
03-08-2018, 09:36 PM
No statement from Sevco yet?

Surely it was Neil Lennon’s fault

theonlywayisup
04-08-2018, 07:06 PM
No doubt Glasgow's finest will be spending extra hours to find out who stabbed the Croats. I'm expecting weeks on newspaper coverage of how this is a major national embarrassment.

Meanwhile, a few thousand fans run into a pitch in mass euphoria and......

Bostonhibby
04-08-2018, 07:29 PM
Any arrests yet?

Famous Fiver
04-08-2018, 07:36 PM
Next statement due after some rabid Sheep sing naughty songs tomorrow.

You heard it here first.

theonlywayisup
04-08-2018, 08:01 PM
Next statement due after some rabid Sheep sing naughty songs tomorrow.

You heard it here first.

Which song will that be? Maybe "You're not Rangers anymore" .

Famous Fiver
04-08-2018, 08:05 PM
It won't take much and will be nowhere near the level of bile the 'loyal' will come out with.

'You're not Rangers any more' might just tip them into a frenzy.

DH1875
04-08-2018, 08:31 PM
I like a laugh at the rangers as much as the next person and agree 100% that no one should be carrying knives but if a squad of 40-50 Osijek, Molde, Maribor, Bronby or Rangers for that matter were walking up Easter Road attacking everyone on sight then I would fully expect there to be some sort of retaliation and would have no sympathy whatsoever for those involved. Wont go down well on here but fair play to the rangers fans IMO.

That said, pretty sure they were involved in running battles in Glasgow city centre last week against Wigan and nothing was really made of it in the media/news etc...

stoneyburn hibs
04-08-2018, 10:20 PM
Samurai swords apparently , and they were attacking pensioners and weans with them

Hud the bus ! Is this real ? Or do you work for the Daily Record?

EricStoner
04-08-2018, 10:59 PM
"Backward thinking"😂😂😂
The Newspeak dictionary gets better by the day.

mcohibs
04-08-2018, 11:12 PM
I like a laugh at the rangers as much as the next person and agree 100% that no one should be carrying knives but if a squad of 40-50 Osijek, Molde, Maribor, Bronby or Rangers for that matter were walking up Easter Road attacking everyone on sight then I would fully expect there to be some sort of retaliation and would have no sympathy whatsoever for those involved. Wont go down well on here but fair play to the rangers fans IMO.

That said, pretty sure they were involved in running battles in Glasgow city centre last week against Wigan and nothing was really made of it in the media/news etc...

Fair play to them? For stabbing two people. You on the wind up? Fair play to absolutely nobody involved, whether they're rangers fans or the other lot. ****bags the pair of them.

monktonharp
05-08-2018, 12:54 AM
Hud the bus ! Is this real ? Or do you work for the Daily Record?It's all true mate. several weans critical and a few o' the auld yins will never go doon the street again

green day
05-08-2018, 06:52 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-45057153

From the article -

"Police are also still trying to determine which group started the violence"

Like that has any bearing on the fact that up to 60 people were involved in a riot???!!!

As to the theory that the Huns might have been defending their pals from Johnny Foreigner, that doesnt wash - I cant remember the last time (as its never happened......) that I walked out the house to go to the football and slid a knife in my back pocket "just in case".

It would be laughable, if knife crime wasnt so horrific.

hibee316
05-08-2018, 07:38 AM

Fair play for stabbing someone?

Wow.